• Good hands

• Can make first guy miss

• Can box out corner backs

• Good at getting off the press

• Not afraid to catch over the middle

• Good focus when catching
Cons

• Inconsistent blocking effort

• Needs to learn to run more routes (ran a lot of screens for Carr)

• Will not beat many people when sprinting down field

Davante Adams
is a really good receiver. Unfortunately
Derek Carr
and his screen happy ways didn’t give us enough tape of Adams
going more than 5 yards down field and catching the ball. He needs to learn more routes and he won’t be beating many corner backs in foot races but otherwise he is an awesome receiver.

Proof that I said this before is HERE

That was a very impressive run down of all the possible wideouts in the draft. I am not picking on you below, simply allowing you the chance to retract your statements...
Odell Beckham Jr is almost a sure fire WR2 by his second season. If he isn’t then he will be right on the edge of WR2. He is pro ready and if he lands in Carolina then he is a bona fide starter right away. My only concern is his inability to catch balls outside of his frame.
In all honesty I didn't see much of OBD in college so I was curious if his circus-like catches started in the pros and judging from your analysis I assume they did. Nonetheless, very impressive write up and I too love Adams and feel he will be a key cog in our juggernaut offense for years to come. Again, please don't take this as a dig in any way. I just like picking the brains of folks who clearly know the players coming out of college. Thanks man.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
That was a very impressive run down of all the possible wideouts in the draft. I am not picking on you below, simply allowing you the chance to retract your statements...
Odell Beckham Jr is almost a sure fire WR2 by his second season. If he isn’t then he will be right on the edge of WR2. He is pro ready and if he lands in Carolina then he is a bona fide starter right away. My only concern is his inability to catch balls outside of his frame.
In all honesty I didn't see much of OBD in college so I was curious if his circus-like catches started in the pros and judging from your analysis I assume they did. Nonetheless, very impressive write up and I too love Adams and feel he will be a key cog in our juggernaut offense for years to come. Again, please don't take this as a dig in any way. I just like picking the brains of folks who clearly know the players coming out of college. Thanks man.
He never made circus catches in college. He was just a solid receiver.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I asked myself, who was I most looking forward to seeing how they developed this year. Adams. This young man as a #3 WR and Eddie Lacy balancing the offense. Rodgers throwing the ball....................... Basicly the stage is set for him to be the back breaker. Teams cant stop Nelson/Cobb/Lacy. Adams, I believe has the physical ability to be better than Nelson and Cobb. If he manages to cure himself of the rookieitis he had last year. he is going to be open constantly. I cant wait to see.

Uncle Rico

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I asked myself, who was I most looking forward to seeing how they developed this year. Adams. This young man as a #3 WR and Eddie Lacy balancing the offense. Rodgers throwing the ball....................... Basicly the stage is set for him to be the back breaker. Teams cant stop Nelson/Cobb/Lacy. Adams, I believe has the physical ability to be better than Nelson and Cobb. If he manages to cure himself of the rookieitis he had last year. he is going to be open constantly. I cant wait to see.

I completely agree. I think his progress will really increase the number of times we see Cobb targeted also. Randall gets his yards when the safety runs with Jordy going over the top. With another big time receiver like Adams on the opposite side of the field, I could see more teams falling back into a Cover 2 look against us.

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What impressed me about his college film was how aggressive he was in reaching out to grab the ball, in many cases preventing an interception, but also his ability to snag the ball in full stride. I think he's going to be great.

D

Deleted member 6794

I completely agree. I think his progress will really increase the number of times we see Cobb targeted also. Randall gets his yards when the safety runs with Jordy going over the top. With another big time receiver like Adams on the opposite side of the field, I could see more teams falling back into a Cover 2 look against us.

Teams have preferred to play a Cover 2 defense against the Packers over the last few seasons. The offense has to be able to get them out of that formation with running the ball effectively.

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alright I started this thread last year and "called" Davante Adams out before the Patriots game for having been sluggish the weeks before. He responded with his first 100+ yard game of his career. I "called" him out again on here before the Cowboys playoff game, and he responded with the second 100+ yard game of his career. Look back through the thread and you'll see what I posted. Here's trying for a third time.

Davante, we need you to step up this week. You've sucked all year (not that you've been alone in that regard) and you need to open up the passing game against Washington. I expect the third 100+ yard game of your career on Sunday.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What impressed me about his college film was how aggressive he was in reaching out to grab the ball, in many cases preventing an interception, but also his ability to snag the ball in full stride. I think he's going to be great.
I thought he looked merely okay in college. A few good tools, but mainly just bigger than the poor competition he went up against, with a great QB to deliver the ball. He actually impressed me more in his shining moments of the 2014 season. But not enough to buy into him being more than a #3 guy.

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alright I started this thread last year and "called" Davante Adams out before the Patriots game for having been sluggish the weeks before. He responded with his first 100+ yard game of his career. I "called" him out again on here before the Cowboys playoff game, and he responded with the second 100+ yard game of his career. Look back through the thread and you'll see what I posted. Here's trying for a third time.

Davante, we need you to step up this week. You've sucked all year (not that you've been alone in that regard) and you need to open up the passing game against Washington. I expect the third 100+ yard game of your career on Sunday.

Well, he didn't get 100+ yards but he certainly showed up today. My mission is accomplished.

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any word on his injury? The third down catch was arguably the best play I've seen him make during his career.

I haven't heard anything yet, we will probably find out during MM's press conference or tomorrow. It'd be disappointing if he's out next week given how well he played today. And I agree about that catch, it was very impressive.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"ESPN Packers reporter Rob Demovsky reports Davante Adams avoided a "major knee injury" Sunday against the Redskins.

Initial tests were positive, but the extent of the injury is still unclear. With the Packers on a short week, it is still unlikely Adams suits up against the Cardinals. Jared Abbrederis should have a bigger role in the Divisional Round."

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"ESPN Packers reporter Rob Demovsky reports Davante Adams avoided a "major knee injury" Sunday against the Redskins.

Initial tests were positive, but the extent of the injury is still unclear. With the Packers on a short week, it is still unlikely Adams suits up against the Cardinals. Jared Abbrederis should have a bigger role in the Divisional Round."

Glad he avoided major injury. It's hard to tell whether it's Demovsky's opinion that it's unlikely Adams will play or if it's the opinion of his source. It looked like he most likely suffered a sprain based on the way Richard Rodgers landed on him. Depending on the severity of that sprain, he could be out anywhere from 1 to 6 weeks.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just as he's playing well...... ugh.

Hope this was just a bruise or something. We need him to play like he did yesterday in Arizona. It was a sight for sore eyes.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeh, I think it's probably pretty unlikely he can play on Saturday. I mean I don't "know" anything new, but 6 days rest on that tweak... I think not. Terrible timing for sure. :(

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Rob Demovsky of ESPN reported Adams is "unlikely" to play against Arizona, citing a source. Demovsky added the "fear is that he has a sprained MCL."

Grade I sprains are the least severe and can be fully healed in four to six weeks

So if this is the case, do you IR him and bring in a street FA WR or Williams or Johnson off PS?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like Abb is having his dream unfold before his eyes of helping his home state team to a SB...just hope it plays out like he's envisioned.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If there is any hope of him playing anytime soon, then hard to put him on IR, but you have to think one of the PS players needs to be activated or else we are mighty thin at WR. Janis may finally get some reps but if a PS guy is promoted and plays ahead of Janis....well........

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If there is any hope of him playing anytime soon, then hard to put him on IR, but you have to think one of the PS players needs to be activated or else we are mighty thin at WR.

Janis dresses...Cobb/Jones/Abb/Janis....will see more Quarless and Richard on field at same time I'd bet.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Janis dresses...Cobb/Jones/Abb/Janis....will see more Quarless and Richard on field at same time I'd bet.
Janis has been playing ST's so he has been dressing. If one remaining WR goes down during the game, 3 is even thinner.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Janis has been playing ST's so he has been dressing. If one remaining WR goes down during the game, 3 is even thinner.

No I know, worded that terribly. He'll be in more than just ST's (which he has excelled at lately). I'll be curious to see if we add another WR to active.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is great news right? His drops are the main reason we have been losing so many games right? Now that he is finally out of the picture coach Mike will have no choice but to put Abby and Janis in and they are the saviors right? It must be right, it's pretty much what I have been reading in fan forums for the last 3 months.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
This is great news right? His drops are the main reason we have been losing so many games right? Now that he is finally out of the picture coach Mike will have no choice but to put Abby and Janis in and they are the saviors right? It must be right, it's pretty much what I have been reading in fan forums for the last 3 months.
and rumor also has it that Brett Hundley will be starting too :coffee:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts