Davante Adams

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams had a nice game against the Saints a few weeks ago, but since then he has been very quiet. Had a killer penalty yesterday and I felt he was not on the same page with Rodgers on a few passes thrown his direction. We need him to step it up next week. The Patriots have a great CB tandem, especially in Revis. Nelson and/or Cobb will be limited and someone needs to step up to fill the void. Quarless is due to make a few nice plays but we need production from another WR to win this game. Let's step it up Davante.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way to slow the Packers down is to double team Cobb and Nelson and make the other receivers beat you. Unless Adams steps it up big time the rest of the season the Packers offense will look like it did yesterday.

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way to slow the Packers down is to double team Cobb and Nelson and make the other receivers beat you. Unless Adams steps it up big time the rest of the season the Packers offense will look like it did yesterday.

Sometimes I really wish we had resigned James Jones.

bubba

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see them activate Janis. send him deep on 4 WR sets probably would take 2 defenders with him opening up some underneath stuff for the big 3.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Belichick almost always puts Revis on a team's #2, which may end up being Adams as I don't see Revis covering Cobb if he's playing slot.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams looks pretty much exactly like I would expect a 2nd round rookie to look. Flashes ability at times and looks every bit like the rookie at others. Adams had a rough game yesterday but he's not the sole reason we only scored 24 points. The Vikings were excellent in coverage and other than Lacy none of them really had their best offensive game.

He's still somewhat of a project. We don't draft high enough to get guys like Beckham Jr. and Mike Evans as rookies.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't see how that is possible unless you are going to totally concede the run to Lacy.

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im a huge huge fan of adams, i would say though he is trying to break through the rookie wall right now. the one sideline play yesterday when aaron expected a come back and adams said not so much will get better with time and familiarity. with that being said though i can see boykin coming in maybe more for adams then we have seen. i think janis is way too raw right now im sure he is fast as h&ll but if you struggle with the playbook and nuances it is a tough cookie to crack this lineup i bet. just my 2 pennies.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see them activate Janis. send him deep on 4 WR sets probably would take 2 defenders with him opening up some underneath stuff for the big 3.

That might work if he could run more then just a fly route. Doesnt matter how fast a guy is if the CB knows the exact route about to be run it becomes insanely easy to cover

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
6 catches 121 tds....... big td drop. still shows rookie tendencies with miscommunication.

That said. 6 catches 121 yds and lots of room to get better............ He will be on my fantasy teams next year. But that drop truely sucks...

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The drop could have been a killer, but it wasn't. He played awesome otherwise. I'm impressed.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
That drop will be learning experience. Adams is going to be a great receiver one day.

H

HardRightEdge

There has been some bellyaching about Adams in these pages in recent weeks. I've never said a negative word about him; that's saying something. ;) Rookie receivers typically have their struggles in this league. Adams showed today he was deserving of his draft status. Stepping up in a big game, when he knew he'd be counted on, speaks volumes.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams came through, way to beat his match up. The drop was rookie mistake, you can tell the pressure was on him all week. He stepped up

H

HardRightEdge

That drop will be learning experience. Adams is going to be a great receiver one day.
I dunno about "great", as in All Pro great, but he'll be very productive. Assuming Cobb is signed, he'll have a hard time getting sufficient targets week after week to put up big numbers. He's more versatile than James Jones and he's already better than Jones running inside routes. He still has to master the back shoulder.

Last edited by a moderator:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I look at Adams drop kind of like Hyde dropping the interception against the Niners last year that did impact the game. This time it worked out. That said, for a rookie I think Adams is playing remarkably well and improving. I believe he will continue to contribute down the stretch run.

I see him with more upside then Jones and it already shows.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James Jones never learned from his drops (at least not during the 2010 season). I bet Adams never drops another pass this season.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James Jones never learned from his drops (at least not during the 2010 season). I bet Adams never drops another pass this season.
I've always felt JJ was unfairly criticized for drops most of the time, especially when you consider than Driver had more drops than he did. Yet Driver was rarely criticized for it.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Jones worked on his drops and improved. I liked Jones, yet I feel Adams and Boykins were worth the risk of letting him go. Got to feel terrible for the Raiders today.

Also by great I'm thinking Driver great, not Hutson great. A reliable reciever that will be in highlight reels a lot

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Jones worked on his drops and improved. I liked Jones, yet I feel Adams and Boykins were worth the risk of letting him go. Got to feel terrible for the Raiders today.

Also by great I'm thinking Driver great, not Hutson great. A reliable reciever that will be in highlight reels a lot

JJ was very productive and a great Packer. I also believe Adams will be better.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You take the good with the bad. He had some nice catches that helped move the sticks but the drop could have been a killer. Fortunately it wasn't and the team still won. You learn and move on.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Curious to what you guys think. Should we have picked up Borland in the 2nd over Adams based on his production for San Fran?

I'm leaning towards no as without Adams we probably lose this game and ILB has been okay since Clay moved inside.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Curious to what you guys think. Should we have picked up Borland in the 2nd over Adams based on his production for San Fran?

I'm leaning towards no as without Adams we probably lose this game and ILB has been okay since Clay moved inside.

I would rather have Adams then Borland. I really like Borland but Adams solidifies our receiving corp. Get an ILB in draft and Clay can go back outside. I think they tried everything they could before moving Clay inside a few weeks back.

I know Adams dropped that ball but from early in mini camp I thought he was going to be "big time" with some development. It was a rarity he dropped that ball. He doesn't have a "droppsy problem". In fact he makes a lot of tough catches that most guys don't make.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not so sure Borland would have played nearly so well in GB as he has in SF. I don't know what it is there... scheme? coaching? other great ones to learn from? idk, but something in that SF water produces ILBs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts