Cobb could be sidelined at start of camp

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I bet that guy can do a lot of push-ups. More wearing a cheesehead and his Packer stock dangled in front as motivation.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No place on the field is safe. That's ovbious. However, the quality, quantity and the accumulating affects of hits go up when running those middle routes under linebackers and safeties. I have zero confidence Allison or Davis could last long without making an excessive number of business decisions. Allison already has at least 2 concussions on his resume without having played that much.

Obviously, you don't have to be big of stature to play slot as the parade of New England players demonstrates. But those guys were and are compact and tough. Davis and Allison look downright skinny and tentative in the few opportunities we've had to see them run over the middle.

Most importantly though, slot or wideout, neither is a very good receiver. So there's that. Davis is not DeSean Jackson and never will be, as though that needs to be said.

I honestly don't get why some people think Davis could be a good receiver. I don't recall any reception when he went up and got the ball especially when he is being closely defended. I have seen him miss a ton of balls. I don't like his decisions when fielding the punts. I am hoping that one of the rookies can replace him.

And although Allison has made some catches, he is too inconsistent for me. If none of the rookies step up then I would agree that we need to keep him.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

And although Allison has made some catches, he is too inconsistent for me. If none of the rookies step up then I would agree that we need to keep him.

Actually the Packers most likely have to keep Allison on the roster except all of the rookies step up in preseason and camp.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly don't get why some people think Davis could be a good receiver. I don't recall any reception when he went up and got the ball especially when he is being closely defended. I have seen him miss a ton of balls. I don't like his decisions when fielding the punts. I am hoping that one of the rookies can replace him.

I don't believe folks think he can be good, they want him to be good. He's fast, and that excites fans. Remember that tall white kid we had all those years (not Jordy)? :)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Donald driver had those high skinny calves too. Longer levers, more spring.

H

HardRightEdge

Donald driver had those high skinny calves too. Longer levers, more spring.
There are lots of WRs and CBs with those skinny calves. It's most obvious when teams wear those slimming black pants. ;) So, yeah, I don't think it's cancer.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb to Cleveland for Josh Gordon...:)
Championship.............

I don't believe folks think he can be good, they want him to be good. He's fast, and that excites fans. Remember that tall white kid we had all those years (not Jordy)? :)
He is quick, not fast.... fast enough...imo.

Schroeder?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Cobb to Cleveland for Josh Gordon...:)
Championship.............

:rolleyes: That's a ridiculous suggestion. Gordon is absent from training camp as he once again has to deal with stuff related to his health and treatment plan with the Browns reportedly being interested in Dez Bryant because of it.

Members online