Bye bye Rodgers

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That doesn't change the fact that no other quarterback in the FBS threw that many in 2019.

Okay, sure. Let's base everything off of 2019 and ignore 2018 when he actually had a serviceable team around him and stability in the coach's room. He averaged a hair over 1 INT per game in 2019. Seems to me I recall we had a pretty damn good QB who also averaged a hair over 1 INT per game. THAT guy took us to two Super Bowl and won one of them and was a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

No one ever said Love wasn't a boom/bust prospect. But there is absolutely ZERO reason to call him a bust. If there's ever a place for that kind of QB to thrive, he's in the right one. Favre and Rodgers were also boom/bust guys.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one ever said Love wasn't a boom/bust prospect. But there is absolutely ZERO reason to call him a bust. If there's ever a place for that kind of QB to thrive, he's in the right one. Favre and Rodgers were also boom/bust guys.
And both of those guys had lower pre-draft ceilings than Love

Reaction score
Love plays poorly and it's everyone else's fault. Wonderful analysis.

Anyone can take 5 minutes to look up the film of Love's interceptions. Hint: they're his fault. That doesn't mean he'll suck in the NFL but it's absurd to sit here and absolve him entirely of his poor play.
I took the Liberty of doing just that. I counted at least 4 that were not his fault or at least a minority of blame of about the 15-16 I watched.
1 was 3rd n 10 snd Love was being harassed similar to Mahommes in the SB. He threw it 15 yards behind the LOS and it turned out to be equivalent of a 40 yard net punt zero return. They would’ve punted anyway on 4th n 10 so he gave his guy a shot.

I saw another INT where his own TE slipped n fell as he threw the ball and it got picked off.

I saw a 3rd where his WR caught the ball and spun n fumbled it into the air spinning around. the ball literally went through his both palms. ... that was really a bear catch n fumble and 100% WR fault.

Another he had Edge all over him leaping 10 feet in the air and his target was over that direction He didn’t get enough because of steep trajectory, he could’ve taken the grounding call? Or a sack? Maybe?

True Story I watched about 15 of them and 4 weren’t really what I’d consider his fault or they were calculated risks or more the fault of protections or routes. The other 12 looked mainly like improper timing (the biggest % were a combination of his fault and WR fault hard to tell; maybe 6 of them). About 5 were clearly on him. He could’ve thrown the ball away.
I noticed often his Receivers had very poor separation on the bulk of INT. I also had the WR outplayed in 3-4 cases. IMO. That sounds like poor play design and subpar talent around him as much as poor throws.

The QB always takes the blame. I’m confident had 9 players not been switched out in 2019? His floor was 25-15 ratio and his ceiling 30-10

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather go with someone who "tries" and doesn't throw 18 interceptions!
The bad thing is I don't think we're going to see somebody like Rodgers in GB again, his ability to take care of the ball is almost unprecedented. We're a little spoiled in that regard.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We don’t really know enough for certain to say a lot of what you’re saying. We also don’t know if some of the things we’ve heard are true.

If he doesn’t want to play in Green Bay anymore, or wants FO people fired before he will come back, then yeah— trade him for all you can get.

But if he’s negotiating, negotiate. Having the reigning MVP back would not be a bad thing!

My only thought is that in the past when there was public 'misconception' Rodgers was quick to set the record straight. He's not saying Anything. Really weird.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The bad thing is I don't think we're going to see somebody like Rodgers in GB again, his ability to take care of the ball is almost unprecedented. We're a little spoiled in that regard.
Had he taken more chances we might have a few more trophies. All I care about in a quarterback is winning the big game.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I took the Liberty of doing just that. I counted at least 4 that were not his fault or at least a minority of blame of about the 15-16 I watched.
1 was 3rd n 10 snd Love was being harassed similar to Mahommes in the SB. He threw it 15 yards behind the LOS and it turned out to be equivalent of a 40 yard net punt zero return. They would’ve punted anyway on 4th n 10 so he gave his guy a shot.

I saw another INT where his own TE slipped n fell as he threw the ball and it got picked off.

I saw a 3rd where his WR caught the ball and spun n fumbled it into the air spinning around. the ball literally went through his both palms. ... that was really a bear catch n fumble and 100% WR fault.

Another he had Edge all over him leaping 10 feet in the air and his target was over that direction He didn’t get enough because of steep trajectory, he could’ve taken the grounding call? Or a sack? Maybe?

True Story I watched about 15 of them and 4 weren’t really what I’d consider his fault or they were calculated risks or more the fault of protections or routes. The other 12 looked mainly like improper timing (the biggest % were a combination of his fault and WR fault hard to tell; maybe 6 of them). About 5 were clearly on him. He could’ve thrown the ball away.
I noticed often his Receivers had very poor separation on the bulk of INT. I also had the WR outplayed in 3-4 cases. IMO. That sounds like poor play design and subpar talent around him as much as poor throws.

The QB always takes the blame. I’m confident had 9 players not been switched out in 2019? His floor was 25-15 ratio and his ceiling 30-10

Well he told you to only spend 5 minutes on this task and you would conclude what some want to "Love Sucked". I imagine that the Scouts and Gute poured over more than 5 minutes of film when it came to Love. I mean I am not going to call him the next Aaron Rodgers, but I am also not going to watch 5 minutes of film and call him a bust either.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the other hand a lot of fans don't realize that the Packers were potentially a rookie having an immediate impact (like Alexander, Savage or Jenkins did) away from winning the Super Bowl.
Every team is a stellar rookie away from doing better. This is not an Earth-shattering statement.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Had he taken more chances we might have a few more trophies. All I care about in a quarterback is winning the big game.

Or have won one fewer. ;)

I don't think people realize just how close the Packers were to not even making the playoffs in 2010, yet alone winning the Super Bowl. I know everyone wants Lombardi's, but every team, even the best ones, are an injury or 2 or just a bad day away from being eliminated from that chance.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or have won one fewer. ;)

I don't think people realize just how close the Packers were to not even making the playoffs in 2010, yet alone winning the Super Bowl. I know everyone wants Lombardi's, but every team, even the best ones, are an injury or 2 or just a bad day away from being eliminated from that chance.
Precisely. DEPTH won us games down the stretch that year in spite of Rodgers' performance.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Precisely. DEPTH won us games down the stretch that year in spite of Rodgers' performance.

Breaks both ways too. They were a decent team, all six of their regular season losses were by a combined 20 points. However, they got hit by injuries and barely held it together.

I think that was my favorite Packer season, despite the 6 loses and even without the Super Bowl win, although that was nice. The 3 Bears games were classic and the route of the heavily favored Falcons in the Playoffs @ Atlanta, was a game I will never forget.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Had he taken more chances we might have a few more trophies.
Possibly, the thought has crossed my mind a time or two. But he is what he is, just like Favre was who he was. But it is nice not to have to worry too much about interceptions, although they seem to come at inopportune times. Not that I can think of an opportune time for them.

Reaction score
Maybe someone else posted this, if so, sorry for the repeat. If its correct, for those posters thinking that the FO isn't trying...well...

Aaron Rodgers Contract: Packers Make ‘Significant, Long-Term’ Offer | Heavy.com
That’s just a crazy amount of $. If it’s true that he’s asking for anything more than $45mil let’s move along. I’d say to him very clearly “Fracture This”! And moon him!
Unfortunately more than 1 has attempted to irritate me on an emotional level.
Just By chance. You don’t like to Sling gravy on ur French Fried Potaters do you? :eek:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone who knows anything about your average Californian mindset realizes they do not possess the intelligence of a single grain of sand.
The only good Californian is 1 who stays miles away from northeastern WI.
That would be my god daughter you're talking about. She moved from Irvine to about 25 miles from Lambeau. I bet she'd throw her medical degree intelligence up against anything you'd proffer up. And her daddy raised her right as she is a dedicated Packer fan.

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you new to football or something? Go ahead. Keep pretending that his 2018 season doesn't exist. Keep pretending his team didn't go to **** the following season. The hate is strong in this one.

The fact you consider my comment as strong hate against Love is all I need to know.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What many are saying about Love is that he's not ready to be a starter given his inaccuracy at the collegiate level. Moving on from Rodgers at this point makes sense only if you want to see Love fail and the Packers get a top five pick. Love isn't a bust but the team sure could've used to the two picks used to pick Love for a replacement for King or a decent back up tackle. Those two picks could've made the difference last year since the odds are good you'll get at least one good player from a first and fourth round pick.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone who knows anything about your average Californian mindset realizes they do not possess the intelligence of a single grain of sand.

I get a kick how the CA tourist advertisements are flying fast and furiously on network television, striving hard to sucker people from places where rational thought prevails to visit their deadly viral plague cloud of a state.

The only good Californian is 1 who stays miles away from northeastern WI.
How about we can a qb because he's from California and go with a qb from Wisconsin and while we're at it might as well get one from Green Bay!! That was tried already. Hey, Jerry Tagge was from Green Bay. How did that work out?

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Favre was as good as these dumb fake Packer fans are asserting, then he has no excuse for not winning at least 4 Superbowls. NONE!!!

It is all his fault he didn't. Epic fail!!

Reaction score
If Favre was as good as these dumb fake Packer fans are asserting, then he has no excuse for not winning at least 4 Superbowls. NONE!!!

It is all his fault he didn't. Epic fail!!
I guess my standards are a bit lower than yours.
Just pay your Mississippi bills Favre! and I’m good :coffee:

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts