Bye bye Rodgers

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t know what you guys are thinking but I am ready to say so long to Aaron Rodgers. Yes some things weren’t handled correctly in drafting Love and yes the Packer organization could have given Him some better offensive weapons but there’s no excuse for his behavior. They have bent over backwards to make things right and He is too vindictive and self serving to be able to let a grudge go! That is NOT the definition of a TRUE Packer player! I would take Brett Favre over Him and his arrogance any day! Telling free agents not to sign with the Packers because He wouldn’t be there a year ago! He is following in his best friends footsteps meaning Tom Brady whom I also don’t respect. Aaron doesn’t get along with his OWN family—-what does that say about Aaron???? Makes his own Dad pay for tickets when his Dad comes to Green Bay for a game!!! Sweet huh poor Aaron is So poor you know!!! Good riddance! Let some other team deal with you and your spoiledness. Just be sure that we receive lots of compensation for this poor excuse of a Packer player

Reaction score
I don’t know what you guys are thinking but I am ready to say so long to Aaron Rodgers. Yes some things weren’t handled correctly in drafting Love and yes the Packer organization could have given Him some better offensive weapons but there’s no excuse for his behavior. They have bent over backwards to make things right and He is too vindictive and self serving to be able to let a grudge go! That is NOT the definition of a TRUE Packer player! I would take Brett Favre over Him and his arrogance any day! Telling free agents not to sign with the Packers because He wouldn’t be there a year ago! He is following in his best friends footsteps meaning Tom Brady whom I also don’t respect. Aaron doesn’t get along with his OWN family—-what does that say about Aaron???? Makes his own Dad pay for tickets when his Dad comes to Green Bay for a game!!! Sweet huh poor Aaron is So poor you know!!! Good riddance! Let some other team deal with you and your spoiledness. Just be sure that we receive lots of compensation for this poor excuse of a Packer player
I feel your pain Packer Sister. I know times are a changin’ but for our organization? it’s never too late to do the right thing.
I supported and defended Rodgers many many times, but now he’s gone certified and we don’t run a babysitting service in GB. Always also thought it was weird how he disowned his own family, but the puzzle is coming together clearly for me. We got like a nice 20 piece puzzle chunk and now the certifiable Rodgers puzzle is coming into focus. Jennings isn’t so far fetched after all and looks like we got another Tom Cruise on our hands.
A part of me feels compassion for him I know he’s just trying to find his way, but he’s hurting people left n right n that ain’t cool. We already got enough of that going around as it is I don’t need to pay for it. No thanks

PS. I have an aunt Barb that lives on the Mississippi :tup:

Last edited:

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel your pain Packer Sister. I know times are a changin’ but for our organization? it’s never too late to do the right thing.
I supported and defended Rodgers many many times, but now he’s gone certified and we don’t run a babysitting service in GB. Always also thought it was weird how he disowned his own family, but the puzzle is coming together clearly for me. We got like a nice 20 piece puzzle chunk and now the certifiable Rodgers puzzle is coming into focus. Jennings isn’t so far fetched after all and looks like we got another Tom Cruise on our hands.
A part of me feels compassion for him I know he’s just trying to find his way, but he’s hurting people left n right n that ain’t cool. We already got enough of that going around as it is I don’t need to pay for it. No thanks

PS. I have an aunt Barb that lives on the Mississippi :tup:
His personal life doesn't and shouldn't matter. I've been aboard the trade Rodgers train for about 6 years, but that is/was due to his injury history and likelihood of eventually destroying the salary cap. Add this extra drama on top and I'd trade him for a 7th rounder just to get rid of the drama that seems to always follow him.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings isn’t so far fetched after all
I did not follow what Jennings had to say because I just don't like getting involved in the soap opera aspect that many so called sports writers and fans enjoy so much. Part of the human condition that is not so enviable in my mind. My god better than yours. My morality much better than yours. But I always stuck up for Jennings as being a great Packer player with an unbelievably cool demeanor on the field and off. Always smiling. Not to mention did a whole lot to win that Super Bowl.

Reaction score
I did not follow what Jennings had to say because I just don't like getting involved in the soap opera aspect that many so called sports writers and fans enjoy so much. Part of the human condition that is not so enviable in my mind. My god better than yours. My morality much better than yours. But I always stuck up for Jennings as being a great Packer player with an unbelievably cool demeanor on the field and off. Always smiling. Not to mention did a whole lot to win that Super Bowl.
Trust me I had a hard time saying Jennings spoke some truths, because as you said he should’ve been more honorable than that either way.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
because as you said he should’ve been more honorable than that either way.
Not sure how you got that out of what I said. But I guess you are right (even though I don't even know what he said) that he did not need to bring anything up.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
We don’t really know enough for certain to say a lot of what you’re saying. We also don’t know if some of the things we’ve heard are true.

If he doesn’t want to play in Green Bay anymore, or wants FO people fired before he will come back, then yeah— trade him for all you can get.

But if he’s negotiating, negotiate. Having the reigning MVP back would not be a bad thing!

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't really care about the Rodgers drama, if he's a ******* or a diva or an egomaniac or whatever. Just get it resolved one way or another. All I care about is what is best for the team, what has the best chance of bringing another the Packers another Lombardi. If that's with Rodgers, great. If it's with Love, a trade, and more cap room, I'm fine with that too.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We don’t really know enough for certain to say a lot of what you’re saying. We also don’t know if some of the things we’ve heard are true.

If he doesn’t want to play in Green Bay anymore, or wants FO people fired before he will come back, then yeah— trade him for all you can get.

But if he’s negotiating, negotiate. Having the reigning MVP back would not be a bad thing!

Not just the reigning MVP but the favorite to be the MVP in 2021 as well...

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So far Rodgers has not been quoted that he wants out. He may be disgruntled but that may not stop him from signing the right deal. He was probably disgruntled a year ago and played at an MWP level despite the unhappiness. Even though he may lack respect for Gute, Rodgers still has friends on the team so the workplace isn't a total sure spot. I think he's looking for some security in an extension that he won't be dumped for Love if he's playing at a high level.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think Jennings actually isn't too bad as an in-game commentator. As a talking head talk show host though, I don't really care for his takes.

Aaron doesn’t get along with his OWN family—-what does that say about Aaron????

I'm personally so sick and tired of people trying to weigh in on Rodgers's family situation. That **** should be completely off limits and nobody has any right to tell him what he has to do to make up with his meddling parents, or who he should be dating/marrying, or anything like that. And his 2 stupid loser brothers should get the **** up off their ***** and do something productive besides bash him on Twitter all day. God dam those Jordan and Luke guys are stupid.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So far Rodgers has not been quoted that he wants out. He may be disgruntled but that may not stop him from signing the right deal. He was probably disgruntled a year ago and played at an MWP level despite the unhappiness. Even though he may lack respect for Gute, Rodgers still has friends on the team so the workplace isn't a total sure spot. I think he's looking for some security in an extension that he won't be dumped for Love if he's playing at a high level.

The Packers need a reasonable out though in case he returns to his pre-2020 form, which he will sooner or later. In fact, he returned to it in the 4th quarter of the last game he played in.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Underestimating Rodgers is a huge miscalculation. The roster has plenty of question Mark's but Rodgers isn't one of them. especially if he has any weapons. As long as his arm stays healthy, he will be elite for the next three seasons given a decent o line that can keep him upright.

D

Deleted member 6794

If it's with Love, a trade, and more cap room, I'm fine with that too.

Once again, the Packers trading Rodgers doesn't create any cap room for this season.

So far Rodgers has not been quoted that he wants out. He may be disgruntled but that may not stop him from signing the right deal. I think he's looking for some security in an extension that he won't be dumped for Love if he's playing at a high level.

I don't think the Packers ultimately need to offer Rodgers an extension but at least guarantee part of his salary in future years.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Underestimating Rodgers is a huge miscalculation. The roster has plenty of question Mark's but Rodgers isn't one of them. especially if he has any weapons. As long as his arm stays healthy, he will be elite for the next three seasons given a decent o line that can keep him upright.

It would be nice if he would play a whole 60 minutes though next time we see an NFCC game.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be nice if he would play a whole 60 minutes though next time we see an NFCC game.

Not sure what you mean by that?

I've been as willing as anyone to say ultimately that loss falls on the offenses shoulders and thus largely Rodgers. He might say I thought I had another down...well I thought he should of run and he didn't because he was scared of the bucs defense namely Suh ending his career... bottom line they didn't score after any of 3 turnovers created by the defense in crunch time. Had they, it's a Super Bowl

I never thought he quit on the team though, I mean if that's what you're trying to say I think you're pretty far off...

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again, the Packers trading Rodgers doesn't create any cap room for this season.

I get if they traded him now they'd take about a 1 million dollar cap hit because the dead cap is like 38 and his cap number 37.

But if the Packers traded Rodgers after June 1st would they not save like 20 million against the 2021 cap and 25 million against the 2022 cap?

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought I read that a post June 1 trade cuts the total cap hits to 11.5 this year and 13.5 next year. Not sure though.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His cap hit from his SB and restructures alone is $14m + per season for this year and next.

If he stays on the roster in 2021 his cap hit is 37.2 million. The highest cap hit ever for a qb or player I believe. In 2022 he would count 39.85 million

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get that, from what I understand the cap would be bad for a couple of seasons. But then it would start getting better with Rodgers off the team. If we traded him this year, when would he be completely off our cap?

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get that, from what I understand the cap would be bad for a couple of seasons. But then it would start getting better with Rodgers off the team. If we traded him this year, when would he be completely off our cap?

He would count zero in 2023 according to the article I read. They would save 15.2 million on the 2021 cap with a post June 1st trade

Last edited:
Reaction score
but there’s no excuse for his behavior. They have bent over backwards to make things right and He is too vindictive and self serving to be able to let a grudge go! That is NOT the definition of a TRUE Packer player!

Well said, I totally agree.

Trouble is, this is 2021 and all these over paid and talented players think they can bully
a complete team in to giving them everything they demand.

Football IS NOT a one man game and imagine having a player like Rodgers in the locker
room getting the attention from the media and getting paid xxxxxxx as much of anyone
around him.
I say run his @ss out of town and do it in the worse way possible.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure it's a good idea to dump the MVP in exchange for a guy who threw 18 picks in the Mt. West conference and who has never played a down in the NFL. That has to be the biggest drop off in qb talent any franchise has seen in a long time. Seems to be Rodgers wasn't filling in for King in the NFCCG. Plenty of players picked that game to stink it up. Rodgers wasn't one of them.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well said, I totally agree.

Trouble is, this is 2021 and all these over paid and talented players think they can bully
a complete team in to giving them everything they demand.

Football IS NOT a one man game and imagine having a player like Rodgers in the locker
room getting the attention from the media and getting paid xxxxxxx as much of anyone
around him.
I say run his @ss out of town and do it in the worse way possible.

I really hate comments like these.

In a league where there is clearly, no loyalty and a player has to do what's best in his own interest, he all of a sudden isn't a "True Packer" and is hogging all the attention and the spotlight. Newsflash you guys, you ARE aware that he wasn't the one that leaked all this out right?

It's astonishing how fickle we are as a fanbase. We've been spoiled by Arodg for years and the moment he gets fed up after being a team player all these years, and typically holding up his side of the deal, we turn on him?

What's funny to me is the fact you said you would take Favre and yet you forget the fact that he held this team hostage with him dangling retirement over the organization's head and whatnot. And yet Rodgers is the arrogant one because he wants to win and the FO doesn't seem to share his commitment, while being a good soldier over the years.

Thank goodness you guys aren't in the FO. You guys would've made the situation worse due to how emotional you guys are being. Geez.

Members online

Latest posts