Bye bye Rodgers

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hind site and short term, last years draft did not help the Packers a ton in 2020, but what rookie draft class in the past has? I doubt that the intentions, outside of the Love pick, was for rookies not to contribute in some way, especially with Deguira, who was contributing until he was injured. Dillion and Martin did contribute as well.

I really wish people would stop pointing to last years draft as some sort of evidence that the FO doesn't want to win and approached that draft in some sort of odd way and said "F the future, lets make some bad picks, it should make our fan base talk." Let the damn draft class play out a few years before you condemn it. Also, people pointing to Love not playing and using that as some sort of evidence that he was a "bad" pick, meh.
And that is my point. Last year's draft did not help the team to winning a SB, and with a QB of Rodger's caliber, we are on borrowed time. That draft pretty much said that they were focused more on the future than in the here and now. At least I'm pretty confident that's how Rodgers sees it. Why should he care about the future when the evidence pointed to them trying to move on from him? They traded up to draft a QB. I think that speaks volumes, isn't that fair to say? Nothing wrong with it if you are preparing for the future, but as the saying goes "Dont' **** on my boot and tell me it's raining." And I think that's how Rodgers sees it.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not a big college football fan but I doubt the veracity of this statement especially if you are talking about all the teams in college. Eat or be eaten in the pros? It has always been that way. Probably even in high school. Anyway I mainly agree with what you said and you did say it well. imho
Maybe I was a little harsh on the college game, but it's all about money for most of the schools. They use the players like commodities to make more money. The kids get nothing out of it except for the fun of playing, and for an elite few, the chance of going pro. I love watching the college game but the pendulum swings hard from one end to the other when going from college to pros. The schools, conferences, and NCAA hold all of the cards and then if a players is lucky enough to go pro, and then good enough to be a coveted free agent, he FINALLY has power.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And that is my point. Last year's draft did not help the team to winning a SB, and with a QB of Rodger's caliber, we are on borrowed time. That draft pretty much said that they were focused more on the future than in the here and now. At least I'm pretty confident that's how Rodgers sees it. Why should he care about the future when the evidence pointed to them trying to move on from him? They traded up to draft a QB. I think that speaks volumes, isn't that fair to say? Nothing wrong with it if you are preparing for the future, but as the saying goes "Dont' **** on my boot and tell me it's raining." And I think that's how Rodgers sees it.
Maybe Rodgers should smell the rain first before assuming the worst. The offense was transitioning to a new scheme and needed different players. If Rodgers wanted the same old, he should have followed McCarthy down to Texas for that train wreck. Most fans still don't appreciate what the team NEEDED to do to keep winning. They knew that at least one or both of the RBs would leave in free agency. They need a RB, a hybrid in Deguira, and quite frankly, needed to think about replacing Rodgers.

-Ron Wolf never drafted a WR in the first round. All of his good receivers were drafted in the 3rd round or later.
-Mike Sherman drafted Javon Walker in the 1st round. However, I'll argue that we should never use his drafting strategy to formulate a winning plan.
-Ted Thompson never draft a WR in the first round either. All of his best WR picks were in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

In 2020 the Packers put a lot of the right pieces together to have the top offense and be a few scores from playing in the Super Bowl. It wasn't all Aaron Rodgers getting us there, a big part, but not the whole pie.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Rodgers should smell the rain first before assuming the worst. The offense was transitioning to a new scheme and needed different players. If Rodgers wanted the same old, he should have followed McCarthy down to Texas for that train wreck. Most fans still don't appreciate what the team NEEDED to do to keep winning. They knew that at least one or both of the RBs would leave in free agency. They need a RB, a hybrid in Deguira, and quite frankly, needed to think about replacing Rodgers.

-Ron Wolf never drafted a WR in the first round. All of his good receivers were drafted in the 3rd round or later.
-Mike Sherman drafted Javon Walker in the 1st round. However, I'll argue that we should never use his drafting strategy to formulate a winning plan.
-Ted Thompson never draft a WR in the first round either. All of his best WR picks were in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

In 2020 the Packers put a lot of the right pieces together to have the top offense and be a few scores from playing in the Super Bowl. It wasn't all Aaron Rodgers getting us there, a big part, but not the whole pie.
Oh no doubt, but considering the injuries with guys like Adams, Jones, and a few others to name a few, how many other QBs are you confident in saying could've done what Rodgers did this past season with this offense? I can only think of 2.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Yet, they went 13-3, were a play or two from being in the Super Bowl and people are saying "had they just not picked Love, THAT would have done it, they would have been in the SB." I mean I get it, it might have, but I think its fair to say Gute was confident enough in his roster that he saw a chance to invest in the future of the Packers with that Love pick. Dillion was an investment in 2021 and beyond, Deguara a bit of the same. This isn't the bottom of the 9th with 2 on and 2 out, tied game and you have the choice of sending your ace reliever to bat or a pinch hitter, this is trying to gauge the strength of your current roster with the needs for the next 1-4 years. I don't think Gute misjudged that as some seem to want to imply that he did.

TEXPAC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am having a hard time with all of this. If reports are true and GB has offered an extended deal and the fact that they would welcome input from Rodgers, why is this still going on? They all should be able to start acting like adults and move on......?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am having a hard time with all of this. If reports are true and GB has offered an extended deal and the fact that they would welcome input from Rodgers, why is this still going on? They all should be able to start acting like adults and move on......?
Because you nailed it, they aren't acting like adults. They have hurt feelings and, and also egos to deal with since it got played out in the media already.

My spidey sense also makes me feel that it's more than money. Like Favre wanted, I think that Rodgers wants to stick it to the front office somehow. There's no reason for him to say yes yet. Let them squirm is probably his thought process.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

I highlighted the answer to your question, in your question.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Maybe I was a little harsh on the college game, but it's all about money for most of the schools. They use the players like commodities to make more money. The kids get nothing out of it except for the fun of playing, and for an elite few, the chance of going pro. I love watching the college game but the pendulum swings hard from one end to the other when going from college to pros. The schools, conferences, and NCAA hold all of the cards and then if a players is lucky enough to go pro, and then good enough to be a coveted free agent, he FINALLY has power.

Actually you did a good job with the college game, but I would disagree on one point, the part about college players getting nothing. Most college players get a free education and if Football doesn't work out, for many of them, that opens up other career paths. While the tuition for some players, may not equal the actual value they bring to the University they play for, its something. College sports are a big business that keeps the smaller sports at that university alive and I am fine with that. People that think college players need to get paid should look into what college researchers get from their work. Monetarily, not a whole lot, but it can allow them to open doors for a career and their research can bring big dollars into the University to keep funding other programs that don't produce as much, if any income.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Gute misjudged that as some seem to want to imply that he did.
Spot on. He felt that he had a top offense and therefore focused on the next year.

I always love that video of the 60yr old fan harassing Bob Harlan (??) about how the only bowl Aaron Rodgers will take us to is the toilet bowl. He was upset that the Packers looked ahead from Favre instead of getting him more help on offense.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL.....so none of us should be weighing in on his family life, yet if you read the second half of your statement, you just can't help yourself not to.

While I agree that a players off the field life shouldn't be our business. However, when it either effects a players ability as a football player or in Rodgers case, might give us some insight as to how he will treat this situation, it can be pretty relevant to analyzing Aaron the person. I mean few of us are debating how great of a player he is right? It is Aaron, the man off the field that currently is the driving force behind the current situation and many of us are trying to figure out just what he might be thinking or what he will do and all we have to base that off of, are his previous actions.

Fair enough, though I would say the context of my remarks was I had finally decided to read up on what the whole hoopla was between Rodgers and his family. Really didn't want to, but after hearing this talk radio host bring it up, I was finally like okay, what's this all about?

What I read was pretty neutral, not necessarily making Rodgers the good or bad guy. But I certainly found out what some of his family were saying, including Jordan and Luke, and I'll tell you I came away having zero respect for them.

Guess I also just felt it was really dumb when fans were blaming Munn for a bad season Rodgers had. Maybe some were just joking, but it was getting pretty ridiculous, and they sure didn't say anything about Danica when he was playing bad while dating her.

Anyway, all that to say I suppose you could look at his character in some ways off the field to guess how he might react, but at the end of the day, he is a private person and you don't know what you don't know.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually you did a good job with the college game, but I would disagree on one point, the part about college players getting nothing.
That is a good point. They do get the opportunity to obtain a college degree.

My only point of contention would be that many of them aren't able to focus on getting that degree. There are many smart players who graduate, but many more who are helped to meet the minimum entry requirements, and then helped (helicopter parented) by staff to maintain minimum grades, all while practicing at the detriment of their academics. Many don't fully comprehend the opportunity in front of them, but I think that the system generally doesn't care if they get diplomas or not. Oh, they want good statistics to point to. They want to have good numbers to attract the next group of 17yr old recruits. They want their players to come back and be strong alumni supporters. None of this is about a sincere interest in seeing the players get an education.

I often wonder what the added scholastic cost is for the average football school - what does it really cost for them to put an extra butt in the dorm/classroom. It's probably the loss of revenue from a paying student. A standard Big10 school maybe gets $10-$15k per year for tuition and dorm revenue per student. With 85 scholarship players that is about $1.275 million in lost revenue that otherwise would have come in from students paying full price.

I found an interesting article from Forbes: https://www.bizjournals.com/milwauk...re-the-badgers-rank-among-the-ncaas-most.html
The Wisconsin Badgers football team had a three-year average revenue of $86 million and a three-year average operating profit of $48 million, according to the study from 2015-2017. So they sacrificed $1.275 million to make $48 million in profits. I know that this is now my rant on college sports, but giving them free tuition plus room & board is a blessing from the NCAA. It caps their fixed cost for labor at a very low level.

I personally get insulted by the schools considering the sacrifice those kids make. Get a lifelong debilitating injury from playing college sports? Just finish taking classes at a level well beyond your capabilities but now without a tutor - maybe without that schoarship! The NCAA should use sports revenue to fund life long health plans for these kids, should give them a cut of the money like the lottery (take the up-front cash or the annuity), AND give them a full shot at a degree including all of the academic help that they need.

Did I get off topic?!? :roflmao:

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
That is a good point. They do get the opportunity to obtain a college degree.

My only point of contention would be that many of them aren't able to focus on getting that degree. There are many smart players who graduate, but many more who are helped to meet the minimum entry requirements, and then helped (helicopter parented) by staff to maintain minimum grades, all while practicing at the detriment of their academics. Many don't fully comprehend the opportunity in front of them, but I think that the system generally doesn't care if they get diplomas or not. Oh, they want good statistics to point to. They want to have good numbers to attract the next group of 17yr old recruits. They want their players to come back and be strong alumni supporters. None of this is about a sincere interest in seeing the players get an education.

I often wonder what the added scholastic cost is for the average football school - what does it really cost for them to put an extra butt in the dorm/classroom. It's probably the loss of revenue from a paying student. A standard Big10 school maybe gets $10-$15k per year for tuition and dorm revenue per student. With 85 scholarship players that is about $1.275 million in lost revenue that otherwise would have come in from students paying full price.

I found an interesting article from Forbes: https://www.bizjournals.com/milwauk...re-the-badgers-rank-among-the-ncaas-most.html
The Wisconsin Badgers football team had a three-year average revenue of $86 million and a three-year average operating profit of $48 million, according to the study from 2015-2017. So they sacrificed $1.275 million to make $48 million in profits. I know that this is now my rant on college sports, but giving them free tuition plus room & board is a blessing from the NCAA. It caps their fixed cost for labor at a very low level.

I personally get insulted by the schools considering the sacrifice those kids make. Get a lifelong debilitating injury from playing college sports? Just finish taking classes at a level well beyond your capabilities but now without a tutor - maybe without that schoarship! The NCAA should use sports revenue to fund life long health plans for these kids, should give them a cut of the money like the lottery (take the up-front cash or the annuity), AND give them a full shot at a degree including all of the academic help that they need.

Did I get off topic?!? :roflmao:

Just a little off topic but how we get to digress once in awhile ;)

I have close contact with the UW and student athletes, so I do know a bit about this. Your number is off, since the University pays for food, tutoring, transportation and some other niceties for college athletes. They also make similar investments in a lot of athletes that compete in Sports that produce little or negative revenues. Also, I think there is a misconception that "athletes are kind of dumb and are at a University only for the sports and otherwise get nothing out of it". I know you don't fully 100% believe that, but I think peoples perceptions are skewed into thinking it is more than it really is. Now maybe in the major programs in some Schools where its ALL about Football or Basketball. But generally speaking, at UW Madison, I think its safe to say that 90% of the student athletes in ALL sports, come out with a decent education and a decent chance of using their degree like the other non-athletes.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am having a hard time with all of this. If reports are true and GB has offered an extended deal and the fact that they would welcome input from Rodgers, why is this still going on?
It's got to do with the guaranteed money. Rodgers wants to finish his career in GB, and he wants a contract that offers him guaranteed money in a way that means GB is committed to him, and will not move off him in the near future. Rodgers doesn't want to invest into the team this year only to be traded at the end of this year (or next) and see the Love era begin.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Rodgers doesn't want to invest into the team this year only to be traded at the end of this year (or next) and see the Love era begin.

What exactly is Rodgers investing by....not changing the terms to his contract and playing this year? The Packers have invested almost $100M of guaranteed money in Rodgers, not too mention his yearly salary and other perks, which I assume is what Rodgers wanted when he signed the contract.

Last edited:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess is that he wants the guaranteed money to extend his contract to the point where it makes Gute's pick of Jordan Love look like a colossal waste of a pick. That would certainly stick it to Green Bay.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But generally speaking, at UW Madison, I think its safe to say that 90% of the student athletes in ALL sports, come out with a decent education and a decent chance of using their degree like the other non-athletes.
Again good point.

I found this saying that 88.5% of student athletes at UW-Madison graduate:
https://news.wisc.edu/uw-madison-gr...o the latest data,87.6 percent the prior year.

Trying to dig deeper on the rates just for football, I found the tables below for the entire Big Ten. Admittedly, I thought that football would be more in the 60-70% range for most schools with the golfers and tennis players pulling up the overall average. The table below is from 2018:

https://www.mcall.com/sports/penn-state/mc-spt-big-ten-football-graduation-rates-20181114-story.html
BIG TEN EAST

• Michigan 87 percent (7-0, 9-1)
  • Maryland 84 percent (3-4, 5-5)
  • Indiana 83 percent (2-5, 5-5)
  • Michigan State 82 percent (4-3, 6-4)
  • Penn State 82 percent (4-3, 7-3)
  • Rutgers 78 percent (0-7, 1-9)
  • Ohio State 64 percent (6-1, 9-1)
BIG TEN WEST

• Northwestern 99 percent (6-1, 6-4)
  • Minnesota 89 percent (2-5, 5-5)
  • Wisconsin 86 percent (4-3, 6-4)
  • Nebraska 82 percent (2-5, 3-7)
  • Illinois 81 percent (2-5, 4-6)
  • Iowa 80 percent (3-4, 6-4)
  • Purdue 77 percent (4-3, 5-5)

Trying to dig yet deeper, pulling in the non-Big Ten schools I found this great article from December 2020. I pasted one of the most significant paragraphs below:
https://www.espn.com/college-footba...ad-rates-slide-gap-widens-black-white-players

"Tuesday, the Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sport (TIDES) at the University of Central Florida released its "Keeping Score When It Counts: Assessing the Academic Records of the 2020-2021 Bowl-Bound College Football Teams." The annual report contains the football student-athlete Graduation Success Rate (GSR) and Academic Progress Rate (APR) for bowl-bound teams. The overall GSR for bowl-bound teams this year was 78.0%, down from 79.1% in 2019. The average GSR for Black football student-athletes declined slightly, from 73.8% in 2019 to 73.4% in 2020, and the gap between the graduation rates for white and Black student-athletes increased, from 15.6% to 16.3%, over the same span."

78% isn't bad. I still wonder what it is for all FBS schools, versus just those that were bowl-bound. In any case, three quarters of the football players graduate. That is pretty good but the report above also opens up the discussion along racial lines. That surely should be a separate thread.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Again good point.

I found this saying that 88.5% of student athletes at UW-Madison graduate:
https://news.wisc.edu/uw-madison-graduation-retention-rates-reach-new-highs/#:~:text=According to the latest data,87.6 percent the prior year.

Trying to dig deeper on the rates just for football, I found the tables below for the entire Big Ten. Admittedly, I thought that football would be more in the 60-70% range for most schools with the golfers and tennis players pulling up the overall average. The table below is from 2018:

https://www.mcall.com/sports/penn-state/mc-spt-big-ten-football-graduation-rates-20181114-story.html
BIG TEN EAST

• Michigan 87 percent (7-0, 9-1)
  • Maryland 84 percent (3-4, 5-5)
  • Indiana 83 percent (2-5, 5-5)
  • Michigan State 82 percent (4-3, 6-4)
  • Penn State 82 percent (4-3, 7-3)
  • Rutgers 78 percent (0-7, 1-9)
  • Ohio State 64 percent (6-1, 9-1)
BIG TEN WEST

• Northwestern 99 percent (6-1, 6-4)
  • Minnesota 89 percent (2-5, 5-5)
  • Wisconsin 86 percent (4-3, 6-4)
  • Nebraska 82 percent (2-5, 3-7)
  • Illinois 81 percent (2-5, 4-6)
  • Iowa 80 percent (3-4, 6-4)
  • Purdue 77 percent (4-3, 5-5)

Trying to dig yet deeper, pulling in the non-Big Ten schools I found this great article from December 2020. I pasted one of the most significant paragraphs below:
https://www.espn.com/college-footba...ad-rates-slide-gap-widens-black-white-players

"Tuesday, the Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sport (TIDES) at the University of Central Florida released its "Keeping Score When It Counts: Assessing the Academic Records of the 2020-2021 Bowl-Bound College Football Teams." The annual report contains the football student-athlete Graduation Success Rate (GSR) and Academic Progress Rate (APR) for bowl-bound teams. The overall GSR for bowl-bound teams this year was 78.0%, down from 79.1% in 2019. The average GSR for Black football student-athletes declined slightly, from 73.8% in 2019 to 73.4% in 2020, and the gap between the graduation rates for white and Black student-athletes increased, from 15.6% to 16.3%, over the same span."

78% isn't bad. I still wonder what it is for all FBS schools, versus just those that were bowl-bound. In any case, three quarters of the football players graduate. That is pretty good but the report above also opens up the discussion along racial lines. That surely should be a separate thread.
Ohio State : Bwaahahaha. I am not in the least surprised.

Am actually surprised that Michigan State is as high as it is. Figured they would be right there with OSU.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The main problem with the NFL players in this point is that they are ALL way overpaid. Years back they played their hearts and butts off for a very small amount of money! They played for the love of the game— most of today’s players are pansies in comparison and it is ALL about the money! Yes Rodgers at this point in his career should have more Super Bowl victories and appearances. Yes shame on the Packer organization for not helping Him to that end. But they ALL for the most part are a bunch of spoiled babies! Favre at least played for the LOVE of the game and you knew that as a fan. He would take less money to help the Packers get what they needed to be better as a team! Also when you are a big named celebrity making that kind of money you give up your personal life. Your life and opinions on it are fair game - so cry me a river when it gets out how ****** you treat your OWN family!!!

Well, we can all complain about players getting exorbitant salaries, and the way the game is going, but I would say it's we as fans who enable that. I mean, think about it:

If you keep buying tickets, buying beer and hotdogs at games, watching the commercials, buying products from the league's sponsors, or subscribing to DirecTV or Sunday Ticket, you're paying for the salaries. Stop all that and maybe the economic impact on the league will get them to lower costs and put a big correction on player salaries. But I'm guessing you won't do that will you.

Comparing Rodgers attitude with Favre? Sorry but Favre had his baggage too and selective memory doesn't change that.

We can all complain about current NFL players and the state of the game, but no other pro sports games whether they're basketball, baseball, football, or hockey are ever going to stay the same over time. While I don't necessarily agree with the level of dictating the game towards player safety, that decision is left up to the NFL big wigs to manage the rules, and the players don't hardly have any say in the matter.

Idk, but maybe you should quit watching football and watch UFC or something. Maybe you'll enjoy watching competitors getting paid to kill each other lol

D

Deleted member 6794

Talking about Rodgers specifically he gets 33.5 million a year. You don't think the team makes way more than that by having him as a member?

The Packers made operating profits of $70 million in 2020 and only $1 million in '19. They don't make more money than they pay their players.

Now for the salary cap so because he currently has a cap number of approx 37 million if they trade him after June 1st (apprx 21 m). Assuming they only recieved draft picks they would save about 16 million on the 2021 cap by trading him post June 1st...

How would it be that they save 0 on the 2021 cap by trading him? Or were you referring to the 1 million cap charge if they traded him prior to June 1st?

The Packers would save $17.204 million of cap space for this season by trading Rodgerd after June 1. But that number would be count against the cap in dead money in 2022, so in total it doesn't make a difference when a trade happens.

In addition what would be the point of saving cap space for this year if Rodgers isn't on the team anymore??? They wouldn't be a Super Bowl contender anymore.

Hind site and short term, last years draft did not help the Packers a ton in 2020, but what rookie draft class in the past has?

I don't remember any draft class in which the top four picks were used on players combined to play less than 200 snaps in their rookie campaigns.

Most fans still don't appreciate what the team NEEDED to do to keep winning.

On the other hand a lot of fans don't realize that the Packers were potentially a rookie having an immediate impact (like Alexander, Savage or Jenkins did) away from winning the Super Bowl.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't remember any draft class in which the top four picks were used on players combined to play less than 200 snaps in their rookie campaigns.

On the other hand a lot of fans don't realize that the Packers were potentially a rookie having an immediate impact (like Alexander, Savage or Jenkins did) away from winning the Super Bowl.
I think most of us realize both sides of the equation.

anyway, Love was never drafted for last year, or this year. Been thru it

Dillon 97 snaps, didn't play a lot, was pretty effective when he did hard to argue he wasn't, and also missed over a third of a weird year with positive Covid tests. Not a reflection of the quality of the pick by any means. 2 veteran RB's that stayed relatively healthy all year in a run up to the NFFCG, it's not a surprise he didn't play a lot. Also seems like he could have been very valuable if last year went as many did in recent years where 2 RB's weren't enough.

Deguara - played over 20 snaps the first game of the season, was obviously going to be used quite a bit in this offense and had a really good day in a very small sample size. He likely would have been over 200 snaps himself had he not been injured for the rest of the year. Again, the lack of snaps weren't a reflection of the quality of the pick.

Martin, 190 snaps himself and missed the first half the season on IR. Not sure what' he'll be, but showed some good stuff and mistakes. Regardless, any top 4 draft pick that misses half a season on a rookie campaign in a year where there is no real TC or preseason to speak of will likely not see the field a ton just from the injury standpoint alone.

So, we're back to Love, and he wasn't picked for last year, or this year. The rest didn't contribute much mostly due to really good luck at the RB position, and really bad luck for the rest. But you knew how that was going to go when they were picked right? Insinuating it was a bad draft because of that is a bit disingenuous if you ask me.

Reaction score
Every player who was ever enshrined in the HOF never played a down in the NFL... until they did.

In 2018, Love threw 32 TDs and only 6 INTs. You know, when he had a couple of decent receivers to throw to. In 2019 he had a new coach, a swiss cheese OL, and nothing but **** for receivers. Context is your friend.
True that. Plus what are we worried about. Favre through more INT than TD’s for a couple years.
Over his first 3 consecutive seasons he was
37TD-39INT

Reaction score
The Packers would save $17.204 million of cap space for this season by trading Rodgerd after June 1. But that number would be count against the cap in dead money in 2022, so in total it doesn't make a difference when a trade happens.
If GB goes after the most aggressive option of trading Rodgers for future draft picks. They’ll want to shed $
We would have pre- June 1 (2021)
$31,556,000 dead + $5,646,000 cap savings
We would have Post-June 1 (2021)
$14,352,000 dead + $22,850,000 cap savings

If we cut him or trade him isn’t the issue. The issue is our cumulative 3 season $ hit drops substantially after June 1 (overthecap.com)
we’d go from over $51,000,000+ to approximately $31,550,000 dead. It’s a $20mil wait
That’s why there’s silence and you can hear a pin drop. Rodgers is being loud and may want GB to jump, flashing a pair of Kings.. but our FO is very frugal with our $ and by waiting we improve our hand markedly by being patient. Next up the turn card with a nice backup strategy down the river
GB is likely working on a complete, clean restructure in the meantime.

Last edited:

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heck the fact that he had 18 INTs shows that he at least tried. He could have just taken sacks or thrown the ball away.
I'd rather go with someone who "tries" and doesn't throw 18 interceptions! Kind of makes winning more likely when you hang onto the ball. Taking a sack or throwing the ball away is exactly what you want to do if you want to win.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every player who was ever enshrined in the HOF never played a down in the NFL... until they did.

In 2018, Love threw 32 TDs and only 6 INTs. You know, when he had a couple of decent receivers to throw to. In 2019 he had a new coach, a swiss cheese OL, and nothing but **** for receivers. Context is your friend.
Now Love is a future HOF player? About 250 to 300 players enter the NFL every year. Of those, 6 to 8 will make the HOF which is about 2 percent. In reality, Love has about a 98% chance he won't be enshrined in Canton. Love did throw 18 picks in a conference not exactly known for its defense. The drop off from Rodgers to Love is similar to the drop off from Rodgers to Kizer. No reason at all to assume right now that Love is any better than Kizer. Kizer threw 10 picks his senior year. That was a harbinger of his NFL career. Context is your friend.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts