Bye Bye Randy, Bye Bye Purple

theheadcheese.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stop it, this is too much. We Packer fans who live in the Twin Cities endured an epically difficult year in 2009, watching a fanbase fall in love with Favre. We didn't get to smile (exhale) until the inevitable pick in overtime against the Saints.

This year has been a completely different story. Favre has been largely ineffective on the playing field and his public persona has taken an irreparable hit with the Sterger affair--however it plays itself out.

But what's happened in the last 48 hours is beyond our wildest dreams. First, the Pack shuts out the high and mighty Jets to get back into the upper echelon in the NFC.

And then Monday happened. First, Vikings Coach Brad Childress stands in front of the media and says he does not regret acquiring Randy Moss and that Moss's comments were not incendiary. Moments later, he held a team meeting and announced that he had cut Moss--four weeks after giving up a third round pick to bring him "home." We have since learned this was Childress' decision. The ownership and other team executives were not on board--not even consulted.

The fan base is ready for mutiny. This was their guy. A month ago, he was the missing piece, just what Favre needed to get re-energized. A perfect offensive threat to complement Harvin and Peterson. And when Sidney Rice returns: watch out. Now, he's another name on the waiver wire and the fans have lost their hero for a second time.

The Vikes are lucky the hapless Cardinals are coming to town this week. A better team could turn the fans on their side quickly. The fans are beyond frustrated and they want to let Childress have it. Any mishaps on Sunday will give them their chance to rain the boos on Chilly.

The Vikings and Childress had to know what they were getting in Moss--the good and the bad. They figured the combination of playing for a new contract and being with this offense in a place where he made his name would give Moss and the Purple the spark they needed.

They neglected to remember that Moss plays when he wants to play. That he operates on his own agenda. Watching the Texans' Andre Johnson make tough catches and hobble back to the line of scrimmage, or the Lions' Calvin Johnson's efforts week after week shows Vikings fans what a true professional wide receiver is like--one who values team above himself.

Now they have a fractured locker room, fractured front office, fractured fan base and a QB with a couple of fractures to his ankle. Oh, and Harvin had an MRI on his ankle on Monday. Probably a fracture, the way things are going.

By begging Favre to come back for one more year and gambling on Moss, the Vikings pushed all their chips into the middle of the table. Turns out they probably should have just folded.

It's been a challenging first half of the season for the Pack, with losses to three teams they should have beaten. But at 5-3 with the flat-lined Cowboys coming to Lambeau Sunday night, suddenly things look a lot brighter in the North. Thanks in part to the three-ring circus that is the Minnesota Vikings.

Follow the Pack 24-7 at The Head Cheese: The Place for Packer Fans : Head Cheese

Attachments

• 1470101031012_Vikings_at_Patriots.JPG
    1470101031012_Vikings_at_Patriots.JPG
    196.9 KB · Views: 4,708

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
It's been a challenging first half of the season for the Pack, with losses to three teams they should have beaten. But at 5-3 with the flat-lined Cowboys coming to Lambeau Sunday night, suddenly things look a lot brighter in the North. Thanks in part to the three-ring circus that is the Minnesota Vikings.

I can almost smell the popcorn,..and here the voice "STEP RIGHT UP FOLKS! Get your tickets!! See the 3 headed monster that took down the Vikings team!!!!"

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
They need to win 7 out of 9 to be a playoff team

I HATE to see them do it as it would be only fitting...But till then in back of my mind I got a odd feeling they just might do it

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Don't count them out, yet. The talent on that team is still quite significant.

It's not a huge stretch to believe that they can calm down, string together a couple solid games, and get back into the fight for the top spot in the North.

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being one of the unfortunate Packer fans living too close to the Mall of America Metrodump, I can totally sympathize. I was sick of hearing "will he, won't he" (play), "did he, didn't he" (sext), "should he, shouldn't he" (start). However, the last 2 weeks provided some respite and just when I thought that it couldn't get better (Packer D laying a beat down on BF & a miracle win over the Vikings....AND then the J-E-T-S!); Randy & Chilly provided some even better entertainment....and I don't think that the soap opera has ended yet! I will be waiting eagerly for the next episode of "As the Viking Ship Sink!":jester:

ilovemypackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You all have no idea how happy the Moss fiasco made me. First because the girl I write my blog with, tormented for over a year and a half about Favre - "I have to admit I enjoyed her anguish when her former hero, Brett Favre, joined the Vikings in 2009. I can't remember how many times I would randomly say, "Brett Favre, the Minnesota Viking" in conversations that were unrelated to football, but I can promise you - it was a lot!" - It literally went on after the SB, through the off-season, into Spring training, and then Training Camp.

And then there was Christopher Gates- webmaster of DailyNordsmen - When the news of Moss joining the team broke, he went at me for over 2 hours via twitter; telling me how great the team is going to be now, and the Vikes were going to stomp the Packers...blah blah blah. When I admitted to him that Moss is a good WR, but he has issues and he's a "problem child" which could result in problems for the team, he responded "Yeah, he's going to be a problem...FOR THE PACKERS!"... at that point I deemed him the DelusionalNordsman. He even wrote a blog about our discussion calling me an "Ignorant Airhead"..... hmpf! Well, who's the Ignorant Airhead now???

I feel better having said all that :viksux:

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Delusional pretty much =Vikings fans lately!!! Love it!

*I'm going to try that torture treatment myself! :butcher:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You all have no idea how happy the Moss fiasco made me. First because the girl I write my blog with, tormented for over a year and a half about Favre - "I have to admit I enjoyed her anguish when her former hero, Brett Favre, joined the Vikings in 2009. I can't remember how many times I would randomly say, "Brett Favre, the Minnesota Viking" in conversations that were unrelated to football, but I can promise you - it was a lot!" - It literally went on after the SB, through the off-season, into Spring training, and then Training Camp.

And then there was Christopher Gates- webmaster of DailyNordsmen - When the news of Moss joining the team broke, he went at me for over 2 hours via twitter; telling me how great the team is going to be now, and the Vikes were going to stomp the Packers...blah blah blah. When I admitted to him that Moss is a good WR, but he has issues and he's a "problem child" which could result in problems for the team, he responded "Yeah, he's going to be a problem...FOR THE PACKERS!"... at that point I deemed him the DelusionalNordsman. He even wrote a blog about our discussion calling me an "Ignorant Airhead"..... hmpf! Well, who's the Ignorant Airhead now???

I feel better having said all that :viksux:

I would blast him every chance I get

Invite him here we will smack dat cocky a@@

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some peeps were talkin about that bloke playing for the Packers. If he ever did come here, some of our guys would take that boy to school. Maybe that is exactly what he needs to get some sense into his head.

Members online

Latest posts