Doubs

Campbell

Team Defense

Special teams

Duds:

Groin injury to our best corner

Inconsistency on offense

Turnovers

Gutty team performance on the road against a quality opponent...That's what it will take for the Pack to advance in the playoffs.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The intense hatred for the offense is funny to me. Folks do realize we were playing a top 5 defense correct? Our offense man handled their defense for three straight possessions only to fumble at the freaking goal line...had that been anyone but Jones there'd be a lot of murder being screamed. Crazy thing is as Lazard and Rodgers both said there were moments they left some points out there...if Rodgers hits Cobb early on the "twelve" man call we are in field goal range minimum. If he doesn't look Jones off on the crosser and instead goes Davis we convert that 3rd down and may not even see TB's last drive happen.

OVERALL Tyni's Studs and Duds prior to watching game film:

STUDS
Doubs
- It isn't so much that he scored his first TD, it was the fact of how natural he looks in an elevated role for us. A few of those quick read passes he had illustrated he is 100% on the same page as Aaron Rodgers vastly more than some get this fast. I look forward to his rookie season as it moves forward, I said it the moment we drafted him here - this dude was one of the more polished WRs in the draft as far as ready to roll type guys, his floor is higher than Watson...the question is where is his ceiling though - as he isn't gifted with some of the uncoachable traits like Watson has. BUT this dude can scoot and choose space quite well. He up cut after getting the ball on an out that impressed me...appeared he was gonna gain just three/four and one quick step and made his body skinny scooted him up the sideline for an additional 4 or 5.

Clark - What we are watching happen in front of our eyes this year so far is nothing short of incredible. What this man is creating pressure wise from the middle is astounding. He keeps this up this young man is WELL WORTH the investment we made and than some!

Lazard - Doubs was one thing, but everyone noticed yet again HOW CLUTCH Lazard is when Rodgers NEEDS to make a first down or a play this is the man he goes to. I'd love to know how ****** this man felt given he was hurling his brains out on the side line and then would run back out there. He caught a TD and blocked his freaking *** off like a pro bowler on other plays. I LOVE the idea of a future where he is here with Doubs and Watson if we can make the money work.

Defense - Yes that last drive we were gassed, but this defense series after series DOMINATED Tom Brady and the Buccs.

*Honorable mention goes to Cobb for me (Odonnell almost got it) - Cobb second week in a row comes through with some big plays and clutch plays for this team. Proving yet again that this "not so young anymore" man still has some shift in him.

DUDS

Winfree
- struggle putting him here because of the weight of the world he probably feels knowing his opps are limited, but dangit he was either slipping or running wrong read/route...Rodgers kept looking his way though for sure.

Savage - Far too handsy in every play he is in on. Numerous other PIs could have been called on him it feels like all the time. I look forward to watching the film more and seeing if I'm right or is my unfair bias against him showing through.

OL - Fair is fair and these guys against a TOUGH front just couldn't make things move in the run game at all. Dud is a little strong seeing as how just one sack given up, but still we gotta get a better push then we did.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Doubs, Lazard, Cobb, Gary, Clark, Nixon, Douglas
Duds: Run blocking, No adjustment after TB made D adjustments, Blocking in the back penalties, the offense, Winfree
Alert: I thought there was a Savage sighting.
Campbell plays well but he gives up the cross toward the sidelines for 7 yard 1st downs pretty easily.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

- Overall the defense played really well; in particular I was impressed with Campbell, Clark, and Gary. On that note it felt like Gary was getting held just about every play but so it goes. Additionally he is still a bit raw but I continue to be impressed with Quay Walker.
- This was the first game since bringing in Bisaccia where I really felt like I could see some pronounced improvement in our ST play, which is really encouraging to me.
- Doubs was really good and already plays like a veteran. He might not have as high of a ceiling or as much big-play potential as Watson but feels like he does have a higher floor and could perhaps be a more consistent player for us overall

Duds:
- Even with everyone healthy I wasn't sure we'd done enough at the WR position; with a couple of injuries it looks really bad as a group on the whole.
- I usually feel like MLF is fairly in-control and has a good plan/approach to most games but it felt like a lot of times yesterday he was just throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks. Maybe that's a necessary function of playing against a top defense with some of your offense out but it never really felt like he was particularly in control or had much of a plan to follow.
- I hate to sound conspiratorial but it ALWAYS feels like when there is a crunch-time situation or his team starts trailing Brady starts getting just about every call going his way. I understand that superstars usually get the benefit of the doubt in 50-50 calls but it feels like every time Brady's team starts finding themselves in trouble it's like the officials are compelled to try and give them a few breaks and help them out here or there. Just frustrating...especially when the broadcast crew also seems unable to stop gawking over what was a remarkably pedestrian performance from Tom for 98% of the game.
- As above I have to give them credit for the performance overall...Maybe it is just fatigue or something but it often feels like our defense gets really soft at the end of games. It's like they're so focused on not letting anything get behind them for a big play but in turn they are just okay with allowing anything and everything underneath.

Overall i would call it a positive performance on the whole though.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before I read everyones comments I'll say mine.

Studs: # 1 is obvious-Doubs. The defense played outstanding and saved our butts in the 2nd half.
the first half offense.It was also great to see Bahktiari out there. Now all the speculation can stop.

They must have gotten tired or decided to take a break in the 2nd half because they looked like a different team. The ST IMO, did a great job. They helped a lot.

Duds: The 2nd half offense. See above. I also questioned a couple of play calls in the 2nd half and wondered it ML called that or Rodgers changed some calls.

Rodgers continues to drive me crazy with waiting so darn long to get the ball snapped. I kept yelling at the tv, " Snap the dang ball.

Clock Management in the first quarter. There is no excuse to have used up 2 time outs right off the bat.

But surprise surprise, they won.

On to the next game.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it was definitely the right move to use up as much of the clock as we could. Keep their defense on the field, use up time to keep theirs off. Keep our defense on the sidelines as long as possible. It was 98 degrees and high humidity. Slowing the game down was the right move.

OkieCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

- Overall the defense played really well; in particular I was impressed with Campbell, Clark, and Gary. On that note it felt like Gary was getting held just about every play but so it goes. Additionally he is still a bit raw but I continue to be impressed with Quay Walker.
- This was the first game since bringing in Bisaccia where I really felt like I could see some pronounced improvement in our ST play, which is really encouraging to me.
- Doubs was really good and already plays like a veteran. He might not have as high of a ceiling or as much big-play potential as Watson but feels like he does have a higher floor and could perhaps be a more consistent player for us overall

Duds:
- Even with everyone healthy I wasn't sure we'd done enough at the WR position; with a couple of injuries it looks really bad as a group on the whole.
- I usually feel like MLF is fairly in-control and has a good plan/approach to most games but it felt like a lot of times yesterday he was just throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks. Maybe that's a necessary function of playing against a top defense with some of your offense out but it never really felt like he was particularly in control or had much of a plan to follow.
- I hate to sound conspiratorial but it ALWAYS feels like when there is a crunch-time situation or his team starts trailing Brady starts getting just about every call going his way. I understand that superstars usually get the benefit of the doubt in 50-50 calls but it feels like every time Brady's team starts finding themselves in trouble it's like the officials are compelled to try and give them a few breaks and help them out here or there. Just frustrating...especially when the broadcast crew also seems unable to stop gawking over what was a remarkably pedestrian performance from Tom for 98% of the game.
- As above I have to give them credit for the performance overall...Maybe it is just fatigue or something but it often feels like our defense gets really soft at the end of games. It's like they're so focused on not letting anything get behind them for a big play but in turn they are just okay with allowing anything and everything underneath.

Overall i would call it a positive performance on the whole though.
Definitely worth noting how well ST performed. It was a breath of fresh life. Coverage on punts was the best we’d seen it in a long time. Even was able to get a few little returns in the game.

Reaction score
We should have won that game by
10 points imo. Although you put any 2 of the 3 of Godwin, Evans, Julio ? That game is much different even if we have Watkins and Watson.
I think these 2 teams Packers-Bucs are very evenly matched though.

Both teams fully healthy? I think they are so tight in a race that the home advantage would decide a winner. GB should conceivably have a slightly higher ceiling by seasons end. Once Watson and Walker and possibly Wyatt get more acclimated.

Last edited:

Budman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was not a fan of Barry's defensive strategy there on the last drive. You've been dominating them all day, and then suddenly decide to go really vanilla? The DBs were like 12 yards off the line of scrimmage. We got the win in the end, but that approach almost backfired completely, and probably would have failed if not for the TB delay of game.
Not only 12 yards off, but in back pedal off the snap. Brady was just eating them alive. I was not happy with Barry on that drive, and as you said, they had been dominating them.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not only 12 yards off, but in back pedal off the snap. Brady was just eating them alive. I was not happy with Barry on that drive, and as you said, they had been dominating them.

I wasn't a fan of the drive either, but the Bucs ran a lot of hurry up. It's possible the Packers D were checking to their safe call and Brady was able to eat them alive. Yes, you can call better plays, but when the offense isn't huddling up, just lining up where you are supposed and not being 100% wrong counts for something.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I’m glad we won but this offense is a Giant DUD. They are boring and they are inconsistent. Smh

Studs defense and The punter Patty O! Great punting but him.
Boring and predictable is what was needed yesterday. Sorry that it doesn't fill your need for excitement and adrenaline rush, but it is what it is.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both have been at fault numerous times…it is the one thing Rodgers has always had issues with even before MLF. I remember hoping it was McCarthy…nope
Getting in and out of the huddle is on LaFleur getting the play call in on time.

Hardly Rodgers fault.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before I read everyones comments I'll say mine.

Studs: # 1 is obvious-Doubs. The defense played outstanding and saved our butts in the 2nd half.
the first half offense.It was also great to see Bahktiari out there. Now all the speculation can stop.

They must have gotten tired or decided to take a break in the 2nd half because they looked like a different team. The ST IMO, did a great job. They helped a lot.

Duds: The 2nd half offense. See above. I also questioned a couple of play calls in the 2nd half and wondered it ML called that or Rodgers changed some calls.

Rodgers continues to drive me crazy with waiting so darn long to get the ball snapped. I kept yelling at the tv, " Snap the dang ball.

Clock Management in the first quarter. There is no excuse to have used up 2 time outs right off the bat.

But surprise surprise, they won.

On to the next game.
I think the two time outs in the first quarter may have been deliberate. In the intense heat and humidity, calling time outs to give the guts a breather was well worth it. In most games, the first half time outs aren't used up. Using them to provide a breather is something that I wouldn't put past MLF.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

Nixon

Doubs

Campbell

Team Defense

Special teams

Duds:

Groin injury to our best corner

Inconsistency on offense

Turnovers

Gutty team performance on the road against a quality opponent...That's what it will take for the Pack to advance in the playoffs.
It is hard to fathom how good the defense we were going up against in this one. It was not easy going up against the Legion of Boom a decade ago. They all make great offenses look average. But we countered with one of our own.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Bisaccia, ST, Doubs,
Douglas, Stokes, Clarke, Gary, D#,
Pass pro,

Duds
Lafleurs play calling in 2half, Lafleurs inability to make adjustments in second half of games, Run blocking, RBs,

Boys with groin, hamstring injuries which is telling me we need better coaching, protocols emphasis and enforcement on stretching throughout the week.

This type of injuries should not be happening.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Boys with groin, hamstring injuries which is telling me we need better coaching, protocols emphasis and enforcement on stretching throughout the week.

This type of injuries should not be happening.
Given that they happen around the NFL, as well as at the college and high school level, I think blaming Packer coaching and protocols is a bit knee jerk.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Both have been at fault numerous times…it is the one thing Rodgers has always had issues with even before MLF. I remember hoping it was McCarthy…nope
I don’t recall Rodgers ever having an issue getting out of the huddle. Getting the play off without a delay or calling a timeout is his biggest issue IMO.

Members online

Latest posts