Bucs studs n duds

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The one play they did call the Bucs LT for holding Gary...he not only held him from the start of contact, but by the end he was damn near choking him and Gary was still getting by him.
The thing with Gary is I feel he's getting away too much with his speed and strength. Keep working on moves and counter moves and he'll be a beast

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The thing with Gary is I feel he's getting away too much with his speed and strength. Keep working on moves and counter moves and he'll be a beast
I think if they can keep the front 7 healthy, by Dec., the defense is going to be a force. This was a nice game, but the Bucs were without their top 3 WR's. So the D can't be too cocky about it.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
don’t forget that the Packers were once again without their best corner for most of the game.
Hopefully, his injury is minor, but until that last drive, I liked how the secondary played for the most part without him. I think had Evans not been suspended, it's a potential loss. Throw in Godwin and Julio being hurt and the Packers got TB at the right time.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
First half O
Doubs
DEFENSE
ST is vastly improved overall

Duds
ST block in the back penalties are way to common for this team

Second half offense! Man this is getting old how many times is the offense going to clock out at halftime with a lead? This needs to change if we are going to win in the playoffs. Frustrating is a understatement!

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Campbell

Duds:
None

Meh:
Everyone else

Thoughts:
WRs and plans to getting them open failed...badly. We can't get one dimensional relying on running game alone.

Whatever happened to hurry up offense? The whole O is tepid and uninspired.

I hate Rodgers having to force throws as they inevitably will be intercepted and frustrate him more, he will do it.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bout time we won in Tampa. Also, watching Cobb run deep routes is painful. Defender is step for step with him these days.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forgot..STUD BAHK...good to see him back out there..hoping he can be back to full game strength in a couple more weeks.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bout time we won in Tampa. Also, watching Cobb run deep routes is painful. Defender is step for step with him these days.
Except for the time he was wide open and Rodgers was late getting him the ball. By memory I believe the Packers longest play of the day was a slant to Cobb where he looked very good on his run after the catch.

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Offense: DBakh just for being out there
Rodgers (on the first 3 drives)
Doubs is gonna be a stud
Lazard made some big catches and is one tough guy

Defense: Campbell 13 tackles and game saving PBU
Clark and Gary 3 sacks
Overall the D was very good until the last drive when they played prevent.

Duds
Offense: Newman got whipped twice by a rookie twice in pass pro, one which resulted in a sack.
Rodgers (after the first 3 drives)
Jones fumble at the goal line and overall had little impact. Seems like the Bucs have his number.

Special teams was solid again except for a couple of penalties. Rodgers had a nice return on the one where Tipa got blocked into the punter.

Overall, this was a good win. A defensive slugfest as many expected. When it mattered Campbell made the play that saved the win. Next 4 games are very winnable. Pats, Giants, Jets, Commanders. If they keep improving, they could go to Buffalo in week 8 at 6-1.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs -offensive line, Doubs, defense for most of the game, Nixon, O'Donnell.
Duds-coaching after being up 14 -3. 0ut coached again on adjustmets in second half. Defense trading yards for time again at the end, nearly blew the game. You've held them to 196 yards and two field goals all day and you decide to go soft and let them go 89 yards for a touchdown and set up a two-point conversion. Cut the crap and keep playing your game.

Reaction score
The one play they did call the Bucs LT for holding Gary...he not only held him from the start of contact, but by the end he was damn near choking him and Gary was still getting by him.
Duds: Native Tampa Refs on Magic Mushrooms.
Then the inadvertent Rasul touching the helmet and it was tick tack stuff.

That bogus running into the kicker cost us dearly and it was a ticky tack call that cost us points. The PR by Amari ended at the Tampa 27 yard line and that’s points there. Our Defender was was pulled down by his Jersey and pushed into the Punter and yet the GB player still managed to avoid all but brushing him like a feather on a pinky toe.
What is this badminton?!!
This gets an Emmy nomination for “Best Fake Drama from a Punter after his own Player pulls a Opposing Actor down sorts nearby and barely gets touched in his derrière”

And “best supporting Role by an NFL Ref that is a Tampa Native and doesn’t think he’s on Film”
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Attachments

• 28D19712-2537-4F9E-BA49-F7A4B981AECC.png
    28D19712-2537-4F9E-BA49-F7A4B981AECC.png
    639.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 2EE52509-C4B2-4F68-8D73-63DB498AFE38.png
    2EE52509-C4B2-4F68-8D73-63DB498AFE38.png
    663.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully, his injury is minor, but until that last drive, I liked how the secondary played for the most part without him. I think had Evans not been suspended, it's a potential loss. Throw in Godwin and Julio being hurt and the Packers got TB at the right time.
The Bucs get no sympathy from me. We had 2 WRs out of this game too.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
We were without our top corner back. And two starting receivers.
Us being without Watkins and Watson, pretty minor to losing Evans, Godwin and Julio. As I said, insert those 3 WR's into the Bucs offense and I seriously doubt our defense holds the Bucs to just 12 points.

OkieCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: The defense. I was worried all week about the Bucs running all over us. The defense came ready to play. Both Campbell and Walker stepped up big time. The defensive line seemed in synch all game long. They did such a good job holding their gaps and playing good fundamental football. Clark especially took charge up front. Against the pass, they was able to get after Brady. I really liked what we saw out of Gary. He's really emerging as the premier edge player in the division. In retrospect, drafting him will pay big dividends.

Offensively, it's no secret that Doubs was the standout player on that side of the ball. We questioned all offseason what we would see out of the wide receivers. Doubs has so much potential. I loved seeing him snag those passes out of the air all game. Rodgers noted this in his post game presser. He has such strong hands to reach out and grab those passes.

The offensive line deserves a lot of credit. Rodgers played a relatively clean game. It was nice to see Bak back out there getting some reps, but Nijman did a good job when he was thrown in to the mix as well.

Duds: The second half offense. It was kind of disheartening to see us go from firing on all cylinders to sputtering out drive after drive. Clock management is still kind of iffy to me. It's frustrating seeing that play clock dwindle down every single play. I get that ball control is important in this offense, but it almost seems like it throws off timing on some plays. Overall, I really can't complain much.

It was nice to see Brady and Rodgers go after it. Two great QBs and competitors. It felt nice to get a little revenge against the Bucs after the 2020 NFCCG, though this one didn't mean as much.

I'm excited for the direction this team is going in. Go Pack Go!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Cobb may have lost a step or 2 in his old age...but hard to match the chemistry that he and Aaron have. Besides Cobb and Lazard, their is a lack of chemistry and/or talent from the rest of the WR's. It was good to see Doubs have a decent game, but I think he, Watson and Watkins still lack chemistry with Rodgers. Today was something to build on for Rodgers and Doubs.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds:

Rodgers: He is in charge of getting them in and out of the huddle so that we don't have to waste 2 Timeouts in 3 plays. The INT was his fault not a spectacular play by the DB...that throw should not have been thrown where it was gonna peg Tonyan in the ankle. You gotta throw it up...or throw it somewhere else.

LaFleur: It never felt like he was in control of ANYTHING today.

Studs:

Defense: Let's be honest without them this is a 3 TD blowout in favor of Tampa Bay. Yeah Brady had a high completion percentage but I believe he only average maybe 7 or less YPA. That's low for Brady.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m glad we won but this offense is a Giant DUD. They are boring and they are inconsistent. Smh

Studs defense and The punter Patty O! Great punting but him.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts