Biggest Pet Peeves regarding the Green Bay Packers

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I already said what management could have done differently. They could have put him on the trade block immediately. Trying to stiff arm him from coming back to play football was a bad move. The guy was a football player long before he was a Packer. Once he decided he wanted to play again, you can't really expect him to say " aw shucks I better not do that cuz it'll cause a headache for Ted, I'll just stay retired". What management SHOULD have done, is sit down with hi and say "hey Brett, we've moved on, how do we work this out?" Instead they said, "you can't come back" (which was contractually incorrect), then they tried to bribe him, a stupid and insulting move who don't understand what makes,this,guy tick, it was downhill from there. Just like Favre was a FB player long before he was a Packer, I was a Packer fan long before I was a Favre fan. I'm just ashamed of how the franchise handled this situation. If people want to say " oh yeah but Brett did this or that too" fine, guy was a great QB and an imperfect human being. I doubt he'd dispute the latter.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
OK back to the thread title: My peeve is on this board about how threads get hijacked. This is the third one that has turned into a Favre debate in the past week.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I already said what management could have done differently. They could have put him on the trade block immediately. Trying to stiff arm him from coming back to play football was a bad move. The guy was a football player long before he was a Packer. Once he decided he wanted to play again, you can't really expect him to say " aw shucks I better not do that cuz it'll cause a headache for Ted, I'll just stay retired". What management SHOULD have done, is sit down with hi and say "hey Brett, we've moved on, how do we work this out?" Instead they said, "you can't come back" (which was contractually incorrect), then they tried to bribe him, a stupid and insulting move who don't understand what makes,this,guy tick, it was downhill from there. Just like Favre was a FB player long before he was a Packer, I was a Packer fan long before I was a Favre fan. I'm just ashamed of how the franchise handled this situation. If people want to say " oh yeah but Brett did this or that too" fine, guy was a great QB and an imperfect human being. I doubt he'd dispute the latter.

If you haven't done so, you need to go to the "last day at Lambeau" thread and watch the video because you are clearly uneducated on this whole thing and looking at it through Favre colored glasses.

Favre started going back and forth 2 weeks after his 1st retirement. He said he wanted back in, Packers management was all set to go down to his home and bring him back. He then called and said he had changed his mind. I'll ask again how did management mis-manage this?

All Favre was that offseason was a GIANT headache to the Packers and Aaron Rodgers. I don't know if he has but he owes AR a huge apology for this whole thing.

To your point about sitting him down and telling him they've moved on... They had a 6 hr discussion with him about bringing him back after family night. All MM wanted was for him to say he wanted to be the QB of the Packers which he never did. I highly doubt the words "you can't come back" were ever said to him.

You have no reason to be "ashamed" of the franchise, that's ridiculous. You claim to have been a Packers fan long before a Favre fan, but Favre put himself above the team you have been a fan of long before he ever came along. There's nothing wrong with having an opinion of this whole situation but when facts are presented to your speculation, which is exactly what you've presented, I would re-***** my standpoint on this.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
If you haven't done so, you need to go to the "last day at Lambeau" thread and watch the video because you are clearly uneducated on this whole thing and looking at it through Favre colored glasses.
Better yet, take this whole debate there or any of the the other Favre threads.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK back to the thread title: My peeve is on this board about how threads get hijacked. This is the third one that has turned into a Favre debate in the past week.

Excellent point. My pet peeve is when fans ramble on and on even though everything they're saying shows they clearly have no idea about actual facts.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Green Bay management went down and kissed Favres ***? I would call that mismanagement also. BTW I'm well aware of the weekly monthly daily progression of,the,entire soap opera. Packer management SHOULD HAVE been in charge, if the tail was wagging the dog, thats a DOG problem. The board runs the organization, TT is/was the GM, don't blame a player because MANAGEMENT failed to MANAGE. The Packers were (should have been) the adult in the room, they did a crappy job parenting all along (since Holmgren left) which led to them doing a super crappy job at the end. The guy I ultimately fault is Ron Wolf and the board who handed the dual position or HC/GM over to Sherman. Obviously a good coach, maybe could have been a good GM, but the dual position was beyond him or any man, which supposedly RW knew/believed. So maybe my other pet peeve is wasting the last several years of Favres Packer career with a totally flawed organizational structure. MANAGEMENT should now man up and admit they handled the situation improperly, actually I think Ted Thompson has done so.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Green Bay management went down and kissed Favres ***? I would call that mismanagement also. BTW I'm well aware of the weekly monthly daily progression of,the,entire soap opera. Packer management SHOULD HAVE been in charge, if the tail was wagging the dog, thats a DOG problem. The board runs the organization, TT is/was the GM, don't blame a player because MANAGEMENT failed to MANAGE. The Packers were (should have been) the adult in the room, they did a crappy job parenting all along (since Holmgren left) which led to them doing a super crappy job at the end. The guy I ultimately fault is Ron Wolf and the board who handed the dual position or HC/GM over to Sherman. Obviously a good coach, maybe could have been a good GM, but the dual position was beyond him or any man, which supposedly RW knew/believed. So maybe my other pet peeve is wasting the last several years of Favres Packer career with a totally flawed organizational structure. MANAGEMENT should now man up and admit they handled the situation improperly, actually I think Ted Thompson has done so.

I officially give up. Thanks for providing nothing of relevance to this discussion. I'd suggest doing some homework next time before assuming Favre is/was god.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I officially give up. Thanks for providing nothing of relevance to this discussion. I'd suggest doing some homework next time before assuming Favre is/was god.

:D:laugh: :roflmao: It really is jaw dropping isn't it? We have post after post of undisputed facts and from that, these people somehow come up with that the Packer's organization is flawed and it was the Packers that hosed the entire situation? I would ask you this Ace. When was the last time you met a brent FavferINT apologist that you were surprised was a brentInt FartferINT apologist because you considered him an analytical person? You'll notice it doesn't happen.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:D:laugh: :roflmao: It really is jaw dropping isn't it? We have post after post of undisputed facts and from that, these people somehow come up with that the Packer's organization is flawed and it was the Packers that hosed the entire situation? I would ask you this Ace. When was the last time you met a brent FavferINT apologist that you were surprised was a brentInt FartferINT apologist because you considered him an analytical person? You'll notice it doesn't happen.

The funny thing is is I don't even hate Brett. I'm actually one who is ready to move on and get over it and I still can't believe what I'm reading. The other thing is is for someone to have a clear blind faith towards Brett when Brett couldn't give rats @$$ about him or any fan. I just don't understand it. As I've said before I will NEVER latch onto a guy like I did Brett because of what happened here. Let's just say hypothetically this was managements fault, I would be like this guy who now hates the team for how they managed this situation. If this has taught us as fans anything it's that no one player is bigger then the team, and there is normally an underlying story behind everything.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
This could be anything from fans, to coaching staff, to TT anything that bothers you in regards to the Packers.

A few of mine:

-When fans say "Clay can't stay on the field" or some form of this statement. While this may be somewhat true, it irritates the hell out of me. To me fans use this just for something to complain about. If they would just assume, much like I do, that Clay isn't going to play 16 games then this won't be an issue.
-Anytime anyone even suggests that the Packers should trade Aaron Rodgers for defensive help, and believe me I've heard it more then once. This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. The argument is he is making too much money which is preventing the Packers from adding impact defensive players. I can't even begin to wrap my head around this kind of logic.
-I'm probably going to get bashed for this but the whole "KUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNN" thing has always irriated me. I like John Kuhn as a player, and he seems like he's a great guy but I don't like this at all. I have the same problem with the "LUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCC' chants for Johnathan Lucroy.
-MM and his vagueness when it comes to injuries. It drives me nuts.
-Eventhough I understand it and I support it, TT refusal to use free agency will always drive me nuts. I know that seems contradictory but I can't help but get irritated by it eventhough I understand the process.

The idea of trading Aaron Rodgers for defensive help "blows my mind away." That is just absurd.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, I stated my opinion of my pet peeve(s) the topic of this thread by the way, and holy cats do the people who can't tolerate opinions other than their own come out of the woodwork. I sincerely apologize for saying "I hate the Packers," oh wait I didn't. I've flown round trip from Anchorage to Green Bay just to take my kids to a game at Lambeau. Held season tickets to the Seahawks for a,few years just to see the Packer games, including games when Rodgers was the QB. Ok I apologize for saying Favre is god.....oh wait, I didn't do that either. I guess I should apologize for hijacking this post, oh wait, I posted 3 pet peeves about the Packers, that's actually what this thread is supposed to be about. Sorry fellas, I'm sure you enjoy having in depth discussions with people who agree with every word you say. You think Green Bay provided a textbook example of how to deal with a great player "you" are ready to move on from, or a player who YOU think considered himself bigger than the organization. You're entitled to your opinion. I don't think it's very widely held but you're still entitled to it.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, I stated my opinion of my pet peeve(s) the topic of this thread by the way, and holy cats do the people who can't tolerate opinions other than their own come out of the woodwork. I sincerely apologize for saying "I hate the Packers," oh wait I didn't. I've flown round trip from Anchorage to Green Bay just to take my kids to a game at Lambeau. Held season tickets to the Seahawks for a,few years just to see the Packer games, including games when Rodgers was the QB. Ok I apologize for saying Favre is god.....oh wait, I didn't do that either. I guess I should apologize for hijacking this post, oh wait, I posted 3 pet peeves about the Packers, that's actually what this thread is supposed to be about. Sorry fellas, I'm sure you enjoy having in depth discussions with people who agree with every word you say. You think Green Bay provided a textbook example of how to deal with a great player "you" are ready to move on from, or a player who YOU think considered himself bigger than the organization. You're entitled to your opinion. I don't think it's very widely held but you're still entitled to it.

it's not widely held? really? wrong YET AGAIN big guy. you really and truly are not very well studied on this are you? you haven't seen any of the latest polls and articles about brentINT? people like you are in the minority. YOUR "opinion" is "not widely held". VERY VERY few Packer fans blame the organization and not intBrentINT.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are right I am not so bound up that I study packer fan polls on this matter, are there really such things??? Very scientific I'm sure, who funds these scientific polls? And they honest to god scientifically find that most people think the packers handled the situation well? Wow, if such scientific polls exist I stand corrected (not holding my breath) I remember Colin Cowherd predicting exactly this kind of reaction when Favre left. And believe it or not when I say most people do not think the packers handled the situation well, I'm not talking about just packer fans. I would really like to see the scientific polling data that shows even most packer fans believe it was handled well though. Wow the guy who said my pet peeve would yield a lot of hate sure was right, I thought he had to be kidding. Are people really this bound up about the issue? Wow!!

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The stands from which to watch training camp practices are too small.
If you don't get there early before the bleachers are filled up you either have to stand by an entrance and wait for someone to leave or find a spot in either endzone.
The Packers organization needs to double the capacity of those bleachers.
Git er done!

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are right I am not so bound up that I study packer fan polls on this matter, are there really such things??? Very scientific I'm sure, who funds these scientific polls? And they honest to god scientifically find that most people think the packers handled the situation well? Wow, if such scientific polls exist I stand corrected (not holding my breath) I remember Colin Cowherd predicting exactly this kind of reaction when Favre left. And believe it or not when I say most people do not think the packers handled the situation well, I'm not talking about just packer fans. I would really like to see the scientific polling data that shows even most packer fans believe it was handled well though. Wow the guy who said my pet peeve would yield a lot of hate sure was right, I thought he had to be kidding. Are people really this bound up about the issue? Wow!!
AK--Give up the debate. Nomofo, has all the correct facts, does not spin what you communicate, never gets in your grill with personal attacks and never assumes who you are and what motivates your insight.

He's spot on with his discussion and everyone else needs to embrace it for the good of the Green Bay Packer organization! Join me, I am healed! Hallelujah!

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol

yep...when a guy says some of the most insane and uninformed things I've ever heard about the brentinmt debate..yes...it's easy to prove him wrong with FACTS. Here is what AKCHeese said: "YOU think considered himself bigger than the organization. You're entitled to your opinion. I don't think it's very widely held but you're still entitled to it."

ANYBODY...and I do mean ANYBODY, that follows the Pack closely and is a Packer fan, knows that the "widely held" opinion on that very question, is not pro-BrentINT to say the least. Ya...silly me to try to give some FACTS to prove just how uninformed AKCHEESE's comments are. I fail to see how anyone that follows the team, and not just BrentINT would not be informed on this.

The second Favre-related question asked who was most concerned about the long-term future of the Packers, Favre and his supporters, or General Manager Ted Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy.

Statewide, only 16 percent gave the nod to Favre (ooooopppps....sorry for coming with some facts)

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com...05217/Favre-popular-Fans-say-yes-poll-says-no

Reggiewasapacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This could be anything from fans, to coaching staff, to TT anything that bothers you in regards to the Packers.

A few of mine:

-When fans say "Clay can't stay on the field" or some form of this statement. While this may be somewhat true, it irritates the hell out of me. To me fans use this just for something to complain about. If they would just assume, much like I do, that Clay isn't going to play 16 games then this won't be an issue.
-Anytime anyone even suggests that the Packers should trade Aaron Rodgers for defensive help, and believe me I've heard it more then once. This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. The argument is he is making too much money which is preventing the Packers from adding impact defensive players. I can't even begin to wrap my head around this kind of logic.
-I'm probably going to get bashed for this but the whole "KUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNN" thing has always irriated me. I like John Kuhn as a player, and he seems like he's a great guy but I don't like this at all. I have the same problem with the "LUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCC' chants for Johnathan Lucroy.
-MM and his vagueness when it comes to injuries. It drives me nuts.
-Eventhough I understand it and I support it, TT refusal to use free agency will always drive me nuts. I know that seems contradictory but I can't help but get irritated by it eventhough I understand the process.
Great thread. Man it hard to get irritated over anything bout this franchise but if I had to pick: first all the injuries over last 4 years. Can't be a coincidence. Can't keep our impact players on the field. Can it be conditioning or off season program issues? Second $800 flights from east coast to get to lambeau?? Lastly hard to knock McCarthyism but it's brutal sometimes to follow the logic in his play calling?

Reggiewasapacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great thread. Man it hard to get irritated over anything bout this franchise but if I had to pick: first all the injuries over last 4 years. Can't be a coincidence. Can't keep our impact players on the field. Can it be conditioning or off season program issues? Second $800 flights from east coast to get to lambeau?? Lastly hard to knock McCarthyism but it's brutal sometimes to follow the logic in his play calling?
Oh yea....and Philly fans who think Reggie was an eagle

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol

yep...when a guy says some of the most insane and uninformed things I've ever heard about the brentinmt debate..yes...it's easy to prove him wrong with FACTS. Here is what AKCHeese said: "YOU think considered himself bigger than the organization. You're entitled to your opinion. I don't think it's very widely held but you're still entitled to it."

ANYBODY...and I do mean ANYBODY, that follows the Pack closely and is a Packer fan, knows that the "widely held" opinion on that very question, is not pro-BrentINT to say the least. Ya...silly me to try to give some FACTS to prove just how uninformed AKCHEESE's comments are. I fail to see how anyone that follows the team, and not just BrentINT would not be informed on this.
The second Favre-related question asked who was most concerned about the long-term future of the Packers, Favre and his supporters, or General Manager Ted Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy.

Statewide, only 16 percent gave the nod to Favre (ooooopppps....sorry for coming with some facts)

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com...05217/Favre-popular-Fans-say-yes-poll-says-no
So if I hear you correctly and given the "fact" that you posted, 16% of the folks in the state are either ill informed, Favre lovers, do not follow the Packers or are not Packer fans.

Not sure what the polling population was for this exercise, however, these idiots are just BrentINT ball lickers and should be told so--They are not entitled to an opinion because they don't get it.

I'm on board!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So if I hear you correctly and given the "fact" that you posted, 16% of the folks in the state are either ill informed, Favre lovers, do not follow the Packers or are not Packer fans.

Not sure what the polling population was for this exercise, however, these idiots are just BrentINT ball lickers and should be told so--They are not entitled to an opinion because they don't get it.

I'm on board!

You clearly are simply confused by the words FACT verses OPINION. Any BrentINT supporter would be.

It's not an "opinion" that most Packer fans DO NOT blame Ted Thompson for the entire BrentINT nightmare. It's a "FACT". I understand that I just put to rest this point and this leaves you with nothing but personal attacks, I'm sorry for that... but FACTS are FACTS are FACTS are FACTS.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You clearly are simply confused by the words FACT verses OPINION. Any BrentINT supporter would be.

It's not an "opinion" that most Packer fans DO NOT blame Ted Thompson for the entire BrentINT nightmare. It's a "FACT". I understand that I just put to rest this point and this leaves you with nothing but personal attacks, I'm sorry for that... but FACTS are FACTS are FACTS are FACTS.
You still want to argue when I agree with your banter. I have adopted your methods. Hate on people who have a contrary opinion.

You said, with your facts not opinion, that 16% side with BrentINT. I said that those individuals should be called out because they haven't a clue, they're not GB fans--They can't be.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well you can't expect much in the way of intelligent respectful discourse from a guy that uses various forms of Brentmint and thinks it's clever. I know a guy who insists on referring to Favre as Lorenzo and thinks he's really cool. Most people think he's an idiot. He's also taking results of a poll which asks a different question than what we're even talking about and somehow twists those results to claim factual validation of his point of view. Classic non sequitur
The poll question, assuming he explained it correctly is, who was more concerned with the long term welfare of the franchise, well I hope to god that would be packer management. Brett Favre was a 39? year old athlete, an employee, his agent was an agent, no relationship to the packers whatsoever. It's really a ridiculous question, or a question designed to obtain a desired response in 84% of people. My stated opinion is Green Bay MANAGEMENT do not do a good job of MANAGING the situation. I don't think too many thoughtful people would maintain that they could not have done things better. I guess I could put out a poll today asking who has the long term interests of the Green Bay packers more at heart, packer management or Aaron Rodgers and his agent, if 16% of people say the latter they aren't thinking very clearly. Nomofo (cute monicker btw) is really obsessed with it..... What.... Ever. It's my #1 pet peeve with the organization because I really have no other issues with the organization, eventually the passage of time will resolve most of it. I wish they had done a much better job handling the situation at the time. I think eventually Favre will come back to Lambeau and I'm sure there will be a few people who boo him, there always "those people " in any large group.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well you can't expect much in the way of intelligent respectful discourse from a guy that uses various forms of Brentmint and thinks it's clever. I know a guy who insists on referring to Favre as Lorenzo and thinks he's really cool. Most people think he's an idiot. He's also taking results of a poll which asks a different question than what we're even talking about and somehow twists those results to claim factual validation of his point of view. Classic non sequitur
The poll question, assuming he explained it correctly is, who was more concerned with the long term welfare of the franchise, well I hope to god that would be packer management. Brett Favre was a 39? year old athlete, an employee, his agent was an agent, no relationship to the packers whatsoever. It's really a ridiculous question, or a question designed to obtain a desired response in 84% of people. My stated opinion is Green Bay MANAGEMENT do not do a good job of MANAGING the situation. I don't think too many thoughtful people would maintain that they could not have done things better. I guess I could put out a poll today asking who has the long term interests of the Green Bay packers more at heart, packer management or Aaron Rodgers and his agent, if 16% of people say the latter they aren't thinking very clearly. Nomofo (cute monicker btw) is really obsessed with it..... What.... Ever. It's my #1 pet peeve with the organization because I really have no other issues with the organization, eventually the passage of time will resolve most of it. I wish they had done a much better job handling the situation at the time. I think eventually Favre will come back to Lambeau and I'm sure there will be a few people who boo him, there always "those people " in any large group.
Well said. It seems just impossible to have a discussion with some of the folks on this forum if the details are contrary to their stance. Unfortunate.

I do think Ace is pretty fair and balanced!

Go Pack!

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be honest I don't normallynpay much attention to the WHO of who says what

I guess my new pet peeve is people who call players by some made up name ( normally disrespectful) they think is clever. Like when people used "hot tub Harrell" was it really his fault a) he was injured and b) TT took him in the first round when he missed almost his entire senior year (and the combine if I remember correctly) with a back injury?

That pick was hard to fathom at the time........ Ok I guess the Harrell pick is another peeve

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts