Biggest Pet Peeves regarding the Green Bay Packers

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This could be anything from fans, to coaching staff, to TT anything that bothers you in regards to the Packers.

A few of mine:

-When fans say "Clay can't stay on the field" or some form of this statement. While this may be somewhat true, it irritates the hell out of me. To me fans use this just for something to complain about. If they would just assume, much like I do, that Clay isn't going to play 16 games then this won't be an issue.
-Anytime anyone even suggests that the Packers should trade Aaron Rodgers for defensive help, and believe me I've heard it more then once. This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. The argument is he is making too much money which is preventing the Packers from adding impact defensive players. I can't even begin to wrap my head around this kind of logic.
-I'm probably going to get bashed for this but the whole "KUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNN" thing has always irriated me. I like John Kuhn as a player, and he seems like he's a great guy but I don't like this at all. I have the same problem with the "LUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCC' chants for Johnathan Lucroy.
-MM and his vagueness when it comes to injuries. It drives me nuts.
-Eventhough I understand it and I support it, TT refusal to use free agency will always drive me nuts. I know that seems contradictory but I can't help but get irritated by it eventhough I understand the process.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without question my number one would be how some Packer fans have such a hard time understanding the facts on winning franchises verses non- winning franchises. Despite all the proof in the world, some fans beg for the Packers to be managed like the 2 dozen or so franchises in the NFL that don't have nearly the winning percentage (or recent Super Bowl win). We have a very good thing going in Green Bay right now despite how some attempt to spin it.

Number two- Mason Crosby. As somebody else pointed out this week on the forum, despite this guy gagging on his foot time and again... he's not known as a gag artist on big kicks. My biggest fear came true this year when he had a good year and now we'll be stuck with him. As was accurately pointed out, despite the good year, he still didn't prove he can consistently nail the pressure kicks. I maintain that's why he had such a good year. He had almost no pressure kicks!

Number three - how quickly fans forget recent history. For instance, before we had guys getting hurt left and right this past season, our run defense was fantastic. Once guys went down we started really having a hard time and nobody remembers what it was like when we had a full healthy squad!

Number four - how some arm chair GMs are always telling us how stupid TT is after the fact by pointing out all of these draft picks he passed on that ended up being great players. Like **** Sherman. It doesn't matter that the entire league agreed with TT. Let's not look at the facts. Let's just bash Ted.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Number One - Ted Thompson absolutists. The fans who think anything said about TT that is not positive makes you a "hater". You could objectively assess a person without being a "hater".

Number Tw0 - Mike McCarthy's conservative play-calling any time the Packers have a late lead. Three rushes for four yards and a punt when the Packers are up 10 with 5 minutes left drives me insane.

Let the hating on my post begin...

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My only real pet peeves are the incredible number of injuries in the past four seasons and the availability of hotel rooms in Green Bay on game weekends.

As a fan and owner, I enjoy the ride of watching the Packers. Some times are good and some are bad, but I never get too uptight about it. We've had a great run for the past twenty years and I won't be sad or too critical until it ends. I'm just enjoying the ride.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My only real pet peeves are the incredible number of injuries in the past four seasons and the availability of hotel rooms in Green Bay on game weekends.

As a fan and owner, I enjoy the ride of watching the Packers. Some times are good and some are bad, but I never get too uptight about it. We've had a great run for the past twenty years and I won't be sad or too critical until it ends. I'm just enjoying the ride.

I stayed at the Economy Inn on Ashland for the Bears game this year and paid $300+ because of the 2 night minimum rule. It is an absolute crime that that place can charge anything over $20/night game day or not for a room there. It was the worst place I have ever stayed and it's not even close.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Posters who show disrespect to Thompson as well as posters who think they know more about the NFL than TT. You may disagree with the methods, but you can't argue with the results. A SB win is a SB win, and if you don't like how TT built it then I don't know what you want out of a GM. Still there is no need to disrespect the man by calling him Cheap, stupid, ignorant, a hand-sitter, teddy, tight-***-teddy, etc. There is no discussing football with them as it always goes to personal attacks against our GM.
2. Lambeau Field is an a awful location. There is a vacant lot across the street from my office in Las Vegas that would be a perfectly better location.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This could be anything from fans, to coaching staff, to TT anything that bothers you in regards to the Packers.

A few of mine:

-MM and his vagueness when it comes to injuries. It drives me nuts.

Why should McCarthy show his hand before he has to?

Pack....man!!!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing bad to say about TT and MM I think they are proven winners but They way the Packers play sometimes especially on defense very soft... I don't if is the players we pick or what? We have been soft for a while.. Last time I saw a fearsome defense was when they beat the Patriots in the SB ( that year defense was freaking bad A**). Thats my only complaint... Matthews brings that swag with him but no one else seems to follow his example...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have many, but one of them is childish h o mo-****** labels (nut-licker, being accused of having one's **** up Favre's ***, etc.) being tossed toward anyone who thinks it's time to get the inevitable out of the way where old #4 is concerned and let the mending begin. If those people want to harbor a grudge their entire lives, that's on them, but they have no right to insult those who chose to forgive as if forgiveness is a bad thing. They also falsely contend that anyone who favors reconciliation now must have been on Favre's side of the whole debacle 6 years ago. That's not true at all. Anyone who denies that this happens on here and elsewhere is prevaricating. Disagreements can be had without insults, but for whatever reason insults are treated as fair game against anyone in favor of clearing the air.

This is a thread about pet peeves and there's mine. That's all I have to say about it.

Last edited:

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My only pet peeve has to do with fans who give up after the first bad play in a game. They start ranting about how the team is terrible, coaches need to be fired, and we need to get rid of players. This happens all game after every single bad play. At least try to stay positive and enjoy watching your team play, instead of tearing them down after every mistake.

I don't post very often on the forums, so this is mostly directed at people in the shout box.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

El guapo states my feelings exactly.

The only additional peeve I have is some of the incredibly naive and impatient fans that post here. It's March 19 and looking back on the last 9 days of posts is comical. I count 11 potential open spots on the roster right now. I think we in extremely good shape right now. We are 17 million under the cap(8th best in league) . The future looks very bright indeed from where I sit. I wish the draft started tomorrow!

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
-I'm probably going to get bashed for this but the whole "KUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNN" thing has always irriated me. I like John Kuhn as a player, and he seems like he's a great guy but I don't like this at all. I have the same problem with the "LUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCC' chants for Johnathan Lucroy.

This. The whole "make an 'Oooh' sound for any player who has an 'ooh' sound in their name was already old when Mark Chmura ('Chewwwwwwwww') was here, much less now.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fans who over react whenever someone has an Opinion they don't like about Teddy. It's ok to disagree with his methods.

MM post conference after a loss. Always seems irritated and uses the same bland one liners. "We have to clean up some things " "or get our pad level fixed are his favorites. "

Over protecting guys way to long who may be on the injured list.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate the fact that the business of football has overtaken the game of football. Not limited to Green Bay.

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My pet peeve isn't necessarily about the GBP but maybe about a few of my fellow fans who award the Super Bowl trophy to teams in mid-March! What I mean is that, "woe" are the Packers who have been conservative in the free agency period and an automatic SB trophy to (insert a name here: Philadelphia dream team, WA and MN are perennial contenders or maybe the Broncos this year) anyone who has cleaned up in free agent signings!

What a colossal waste of our time by the NFL to have to wait thru the draft, training camp, a 16 game schedule with playoffs...if we could only just cast our vote online for the mid-March SB winner! ;)

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) Fans ignoring or not being aware of salary cap implications of making moves. For example, I've heard people suggest to trade Matthews, (which is a terrible idea based on his ability alone) and that would cost the Packers 20+ million in dead money.

2) When fans ignore the following when arguing against Capers: the 2012 regular season, the 2011 playoff loss was more on 4 turnovers and a hail mary than Capers, and the decimated defense playing well in the most recent playoff loss. Not saying there are not points against Capers, but not only the bad things should be looked at.

3) Fans suggesting we trade up really high in the draft. I just saw one guy on Packer Chatters make a topic saying we should trade up to number 2. That's too dumb to even argue with.

4) I could sum those last three up as stupid fans in general.

5) James Jones making tough catches, but dropping easy ones.

6) Bears fans keep telling me they've caught up. I've heard that for a few off seasons now.

7) Finally, Troy Aikman's stupid comments during games. Fortunately, I've just figured out radio delay for next season.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Download Batcrack Radio Delay from the App Store for 99 cents.. It's a Mac program, but if you don't have a Mac, I'm sure there are Windows programs that do the same. Radiodelay is one I just found on Google.

Change the computer settings to make the headphone jack audio input. Plug a radio into it using a simple aux cable (headphone jack from the radio to headphone jack on the computer) and set the delay.

It's really simple and I'm sure it will be worth it next season. I've found you'll need a radio with a really good signal like a boombox sized radio and not a handled MP3 player. Even if the MP3 player radio sounds clear, it hasn't been clear once on the computer. Downside is the audio will come out of the computer instead of any other set up you have.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Download Batcrack Radio Delay from the App Store for 99 cents.. It's a Mac program, but if you don't have a Mac, I'm sure there are Windows programs that do the same. Radiodelay is one I just found on Google.

Change the computer settings to make the headphone jack audio input. Plug a radio into it using a simple aux cable (headphone jack from the radio to headphone jack on the computer) and set the delay.

It's really simple and I'm sure it will be worth it next season. I've found you'll need a radio with a really good signal like a boombox sized radio and not a handled MP3 player. Even if the MP3 player radio sounds clear, it hasn't been clear once on the computer. Downside is the audio will come out of the computer instead of any other set up you have.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.
Cool. Gives me another excuse reason to convince the ol' ball&chain to let me tie a PC into the home theater. FYI this forum is much easier for old people to read on a 55" display with a wireless keyboard and mouse.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Miami Packer mentioned my #1 pet peeve

1) Posters in chat being way to critical after one series....If it is so horrible, then get out of chat..Posters there want to interact with other Pack fans..Majority of those fans want to enjoy interaction with other fans..But if a poster or posters are leaving because there are a few in chat that are constant complaining, then that is a huge issue..

2) (More of a mod thing) but people making a thread on a huge Packer/NFL story thinking that they will have the 1s thread...Take the extra 2 minutes and see if it is posted...There is even a feature that when you are making a thread, if similar words are in your title, you will see the threads with the similar threads..

3) People claiming Ted has a huge ego but no real evidence to back that up..

4) Saying MM is to predictable in his play calling----In chat one game, I got sort of a Game going for posters to get the next play call right..Someone should do that for every game

5) People thinking they know they know better then the coaches or Ted...Somethings make you scratch your head, and say WTF...But they know what is going on in practice and meetings..

Just know they are trying to do what is best...They dont want to lose their job..

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts