Biggest Pet Peeves regarding the Green Bay Packers

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I know the OP was looking for peeves about the team but I don't really have any.
I do have issues with this fan site though. I used to be a regular here and you can see by my post count that I contributed. I come back occasionally to see if things have changed and to add a comment or two.
My biggest peeve is the constant hand-wringing and wailing about the team, the coaches and the front office. I thought this was a fan site? Maybe being a fan has changed but I've always thought fans look for bright spots.
I have no problem with someone questioning this or that but there are posters here who are routinely negative and vocal and it has completely destroyed what I used to enjoy about coming here.
I've had an opposing view with just about everyone here but in the end I try to remain somewhat positive.
Perhaps it's just age and perspective, older posters try to tell younger posters how miserable it was in the 70's and 80's but nobody wants to hear. We didn't have places like this to talk about the Packers but I can tell you with vivid clarity that we didn't complain about every little detail. It was a successful season if they beat the Bears. And we cherished and enjoyed every season.
I guess it just seems like some posters here are spoiled little brats and don't understand that stomping your feet and yelling will not bring the Lombardi Trophy home.
If you can't find joy in these last 20 years of Packer football I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you should root for another team but guess what? There's a very short list of franchises who have enjoyed the success this one has.
Thanks for listening and thank you to those posters who know how much you've added to my enjoyment of the Packers. I looked forward to some posts so much that I was a daily visitor to see what you had to say.
I miss you folks but I can't stomach rifling through all the negativity to get to a solid football post.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My only pet peeve has to do with fans who give up after the first bad play in a game. They start ranting about how the team is terrible, coaches need to be fired, and we need to get rid of players. This happens all game after every single bad play. At least try to stay positive and enjoy watching your team play, instead of tearing them down after every mistake.

I don't post very often on the forums, so this is mostly directed at people in the shout box.

I have a buddy who is this person drives me insane.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The numbers of severely innebbriated people that they allow into the stadium for late afternoon and night games.
They wand you for nuclear weapons and AK47's but they let these louts that can't hit the ground with their hat in to ruin somebodies football experience.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The numbers of severely innebbriated people that they allow into the stadium for late afternoon and night games.
They wand you for nuclear weapons and AK47's but they let these louts that can't hit the ground with their hat in to ruin somebodies football experience.
That once was me. Flew down to Arizona for a Packer game and time with one of my brothers. We drank quite a few beers out in the hot sun and then went into the game and had more. While trying to stand up during the game, I fell onto the family of four in front of us. I felt terrible but that's also my only memory of the game to this day. Not only did I ruin someone else's day, but I spent all of that money on flights, tickets, and everything else but couldn't remember a darn thing.

I stopped drinking for several months to make sure there wasn't a problem. In the end, my problem was thinking that excessive alcohol was adding to the fun. While it can enhance experiences sometimes, I was seeing first-hand how it could detract.

I don't know if being stopped at the door would have had the same effect on my life, but it probably would have helped that family of four enjoy the game a lot more!

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Big ol' +1 on that.

I've only been to a couple of Packer games at Lambeau. I have never seen so many severely drunken people in my entire life. Including the young lady who insisted that I assist her in finishing her entire bottle of "vokka" before we got into the stadium, then proceeded to spend the first half of the game climbing all over me until I had to SCREAM at her "GTF OFFA ME". I'm serious. Then she spent the second half telling everbody nearby that I was a homosexual. She stunk of cigarettes and "vokka".

I drink more beer than most other five men combined but I've never been stinkin' drunk like that in public. Nor have I ever dumped an entire beer on the pretty lady in front of me like the guy next to me did. I guess I'll just stay at home and watch the games on teevee.

*sigh*

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know the OP was looking for peeves about the team but I don't really have any.
I do have issues with this fan site though. I used to be a regular here and you can see by my post count that I contributed. I come back occasionally to see if things have changed and to add a comment or two.
My biggest peeve is the constant hand-wringing and wailing about the team, the coaches and the front office. I thought this was a fan site? Maybe being a fan has changed but I've always thought fans look for bright spots.
I have no problem with someone questioning this or that but there are posters here who are routinely negative and vocal and it has completely destroyed what I used to enjoy about coming here.
I've had an opposing view with just about everyone here but in the end I try to remain somewhat positive.
Perhaps it's just age and perspective, older posters try to tell younger posters how miserable it was in the 70's and 80's but nobody wants to hear. We didn't have places like this to talk about the Packers but I can tell you with vivid clarity that we didn't complain about every little detail. It was a successful season if they beat the Bears. And we cherished and enjoyed every season.
I guess it just seems like some posters here are spoiled little brats and don't understand that stomping your feet and yelling will not bring the Lombardi Trophy home.
If you can't find joy in these last 20 years of Packer football I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you should root for another team but guess what? There's a very short list of franchises who have enjoyed the success this one has.
Thanks for listening and thank you to those posters who know how much you've added to my enjoyment of the Packers. I looked forward to some posts so much that I was a daily visitor to see what you had to say.
I miss you folks but I can't stomach rifling through all the negativity to get to a solid football post.

I can also guarantee that the amount of information available to fans in the 70s and 80s was far less than what is available now. How is this pertinent? Let's take Chris Clemons (ex-Dolphins safety) as an example. In the 80s, I would have had no clue who this guy was, whether he was a free agent or not (ignoring the lack of free agency back then) and whether he was any good or not. Today though, I have all that information at hand so there's quite a bit more that fans can exress their opinion upon. My opinion differs from other posters. Naturally, when two people express their opinions their is a discussion. Now the unfortunate part is that many posters resort to name calling and insults rather than simply discussing things but that's just human nature everywhere. Long story short (I know, too late for that now), I don't think fans are any different today than they were thirty years ago; there's just a TON more information available and more ways for fans to interact. In the 70s you basically had to hang out with your friends to discuss the Packers so of course the discussions were much more low-key and optimistic, if they weren't fun discussions then they either wouldn't be your friend or you'd stop talkin to them about the Packers.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1.Season Ticket holders who sell their seats to non-fans.
2.Season Ticket holders who could care less about having tickets because they were passed on to them and just sell them for $$$$$$$
3.The fact I don't live closer to Green Bay.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can also guarantee that the amount of information available to fans in the 70s and 80s was far less than what is available now. How is this pertinent? Let's take Chris Clemons (ex-Dolphins safety) as an example. In the 80s, I would have had no clue who this guy was, whether he was a free agent or not (ignoring the lack of free agency back then) and whether he was any good or not. Today though, I have all that information at hand so there's quite a bit more that fans can exress their opinion upon. My opinion differs from other posters. Naturally, when two people express their opinions their is a discussion. Now the unfortunate part is that many posters resort to name calling and insults rather than simply discussing things but that's just human nature everywhere. Long story short (I know, too late for that now), I don't think fans are any different today than they were thirty years ago; there's just a TON more information available and more ways for fans to interact. In the 70s you basically had to hang out with your friends to discuss the Packers so of course the discussions were much more low-key and optimistic, if they weren't fun discussions then they either wouldn't be your friend or you'd stop talkin to them about the Packers.

Excellent point.

From my experiences interacting with other fan bases, Green Bay has about as good of fan base as there is. Any generation is going to have the know-it-alls. It's just a numbers game -- you have that many fans, and there's going to be many different kinds of them.

It's definitely true that the increased availability of information has a lot to do with the increased interaction and debate between fans. I'm sure that if the Packer fans of the 70's had access to the internet and Packer forums and some computer knowledge, they'd be doing the same things that many Packer fans today are.

It's like when people think that there's so much more violence in the world today than there was 20 years ago. There's not; in fact there's less, but what there is today gets plastered in our faces.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People who leave games way too early. Had a couple behind me this season who left at halftime.

Or people who leave near the end when it's still a close game.

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't there a Miami Heat game the other year that looked like a blowout, but turned into a great game where the fans that had left were literally banging on the doors to get back in but were not allowed?

I usually just chuckle at those folks, paying all that money for a game and then being more worried about traffic than anything else. Suckers. I generally mill around in the stadium later, soaking up what my hard earned dollars paid for me to enjoy.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Can I ju
Wasn't there a Miami Heat game the other year that looked like a blowout, but turned into a great game where the fans that had left were literally banging on the doors to get back in but were not allowed?

I usually just chuckle at those folks, paying all that money for a game and then being more worried about traffic than anything else. Suckers. I generally mill around in the stadium later, soaking up what my hard earned dollars paid for me to enjoy.

That brings back good memories of the Dallas game last year. Everything in me wanted me to turn it off but one thing and holy smokes was it worth it.

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It wasn't a blowout, but it didn't really look like the Heat had a chance to win. The fans left when there was about 5-10 seconds left, and weren't allowed to come back in when they saw the Heat tied it up.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. The cheesehead hat. It looks ridiculous, not to mention, incredibly stupid.
2. Going to a game and sitting behind a moron who is wearing a cheesehead hat.
3. The fact that too few people, think of using the cheesehead hat as a toilet. They should.
4. Fans who still wear their Favre jersey. Please. Stop. Wait another 20 years or something.
5. Eh, that's about it.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have many, but one of them is childish h o mo-****** labels (nut-licker, being accused of having one's **** up Favre's ***, etc.) being tossed toward anyone who thinks it's time to get the inevitable out of the way where old #4 is concerned and let the mending begin. If those people want to harbor a grudge their entire lives, that's on them, but they have no right to insult those who chose to forgive as if forgiveness is a bad thing. They also falsely contend that anyone who favors reconciliation now must have been on Favre's side of the whole debacle 6 years ago. That's not true at all. Anyone who denies that this happens on here and elsewhere is prevaricating. Disagreements can be had without insults, but for whatever reason insults are treated as fair game against anyone in favor of clearing the air.

This is a thread about pet peeves and there's mine. That's all I have to say about it.

Seconded. Such acrimonious conduct reflects poorly on those fans, makes them seem small.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
My pet peeves on the Packers are the following:

1. When they occasionally lose.

That's about it.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My official biggest pet peeve is that i just read that the NFL is going to flag goalpost dunks...

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To many commercials during the game.
It's just business--business that is destroying the game. Trying to pay for billions of air time by selling billions in ads is just part of it. Mark Cuban is wrong about a lot of things, but his prediction that the NFL will implode over overexposure may well be proven correct.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Number Tw0 - Mike McCarthy's conservative play-calling any time the Packers have a late lead. Three rushes for four yards and a punt when the Packers are up 10 with 5 minutes left drives me insane.
Yeah, that.
It's like Mike wants the Packers to be polite and not run up the score or to even try to keep the ball till the clock runs out.
OK, let's do some running plays even though we are 1-20, give the ball back to the team with 5 minutes left with our 3 point lead because we want to play fair.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My official biggest pet peeve is that i just read that the NFL is going to flag goalpost dunks...
I don't care just as long as they don't take away the the best celebration in all of football of all time, The Lambeau Leap.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing bad to say about TT and MM I think they are proven winners but They way the Packers play sometimes especially on defense very soft... I don't if is the players we pick or what? We have been soft for a while.. Last time I saw a fearsome defense was when they beat the Patriots in the SB ( that year defense was freaking bad A**). Thats my only complaint... Matthews brings that swag with him but no one else seems to follow his example...
I......I....*GULP* I... agree with yyyyou beccccause I dddon't want to get shot bbbby your avatar mister.

Members online

Latest posts