Adams won't play on tag.....****...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I think he is actually a very good player and much better than Kirk. I think his injury history hurts him and even more, the QB's he has played with. Imagine if Rodgers was his QB and he stayed healthy, his numbers could be Adams like numbers.

Which actually is something to be said about Davante. Yes, he is a great WR, but he has benefited by not just having #12 as his QB, but basically being the only quality starting WR/TE on the team since Jordy and Cobb left.
Oh gosh we’d be stout at WR if we had Allen Worth :tup::roflmao:

Being Aaron Rodgers #1 target is obviously earned. However you could put Amari Cooper here and he’d increase his yearly to about 1300-1400+ yards. So should Amari be holding out for $25m+?? That’s what his worth is if Davante is
$29-30m range.
Imo Davante true worth (being league objective) is about $22-24m. Just because 1 person gets paid too much doesn’t mean everyone has to suddenly commit cap suicide

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Didn't Adam's state during the season last year he wanted to be the highest payed receiver in the league??
Yes or alluded to it. Rumors are that the Packers offered to make him just that, the highest paid receiver and he wanted something else. Probably more guarantees would be my guess.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes or alluded to it. Rumors are that the Packers offered to make him just that, the highest paid receiver and he wanted something else. Probably more guarantees would be my guess.

That 23/year to some wouldn't be highest due to how Hopkins "extension" was structured to be more. I think it was a mixture of that plus guarantee if I had to guess.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly I think if I'm the Packers I'm more than willing to offer him more than any WR has ever gotten as a guaranteed money without blinking...from there structuring is where the disconnect is most likely for sure.

Reaction score
That 23/year to some wouldn't be highest due to how Hopkins "extension" was structured to be more. I think it was a mixture of that plus guarantee if I had to guess.
Yes. Also when you factor in DeAndre’s 2022 season (the best comparison). Hopkins is $23.7m average from 2022-2024

Imo Davante is not substantially better than Hopkins. If if he argued he was? it’s minuscule. Hopkins has had 3 separate seasons at 1,500+ yards. Tough to argue I’m a better WR than that.
Switch QB’s? and you get similar results but favoring Hopkins. He’s definitely not worth $5mil per season more even if we split hairs and dig deeper. I think Davante might get exposed without #12 throwing it.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Honestly I think if I'm the Packers I'm more than willing to offer him more than any WR has ever gotten as a guaranteed money without blinking...from there structuring is where the disconnect is most likely for sure.
Trade him to the Texans for all they will give us. Trade them our second round pick and Davante for their first round and second round picks. He will enjoy catching balls from Davis Mills or Zach Wilson. :whistling:

Reaction score
Trade him to the Texans for all they will give us. Trade them our second round pick and Davante for their first round and second round picks. He will enjoy catching balls from Davis Mills or Zach Wilson. :whistling:
I’d do that in a second. Heck, I’d trade him for the #3 overall and a 8oz coke.
I’m thirsty.. excuse me.

Last edited:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My moral high ground? When has it been a bad thing to believe a person is entitled to negotiate for what they (and I would guess numerous other employers) feel is justifiable compensation? Some people seem to believe a player should take a discount to "help the team win" or that player is awful and needs to go. First, what guarantee does the player have that the money he is foregoing is going to actually the team win? Does the player know for a fact that the GM will spend the money wisely? My "soap box" is, and has been, that players shouldn't be vilified because they want to be paid what they're worth.

I will never blame a player for earning a contract. Gute gets paid a lot of money. So does Russ Ball. It's not the players' job to make their jobs easier by sacrificing their compensation.
If that's your soap box, fine. Sure sounded like it was being upset with folks not being willing to bend to player/agent doing the negotiating.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
This was exactly what I was thinking about Robinson. The Rams just got better!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you are now reverting to creating a strawman argument to try and prove your point. While I have seen 1-2 posters infer he is being greedy, I have never seen someone refer to him as a menace or bad guy.

My apologies for not repeating posters verbatim. I'm pretty sure you get what I was saying though. There have been plenty of posters that think good team players take less money to help the GM out; that players who don't take less money are selfish.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What was he wrong about? You're in denial
Schefter F'd up draft day '21 by "breaking the story" about an AR trade. From all public accounts that was false.

Reports state Adams' new contract is 5yr/$141.25mil for a yearly average of $28.25mil. Wow!!!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The deal is expected to involve Las Vegas sending back a first-round pick, potentially more draft selections and a player, Rapoport added.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts