Aaron Rodgers is an Arrogant Jerk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AR wants to win and win big. It's clear the MM deal had run its course a few years ago and things should've never got to this point. I fully expect AR to fully commit to working with MN and the new staff in hopes of getting the team back on top. I would much rather have a guy with an edge like AR then some toe-the-line robot. AR is highly intelligent and needs to be challenged. Mike's system and act got stale and anyone with eyes could see this coming a mile away. I think this change at this time could end up being just the thing AR needs to get his mojo back. Now, if we are experiencing groundhog day 2-3 years from now my take will be different. I am looking at this as a new, fresh start for all parties and hoping for the best. Until I am given a reason to sour my hopes remain that of a wide-eyed 5 YO... G P G !!

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AR wants to win and win big. It's clear the MM deal had run its course a few years ago and things should've never got to this point. I fully expect AR to fully commit to working with MN and the new staff in hopes of getting the team back on top. I would much rather have a guy with an edge like AR then some toe-the-line robot. AR is highly intelligent and needs to be challenged. Mike's system and act got stale and anyone with eyes could see this coming a mile away. I think this change at this time could end up being just the thing AR needs to get his mojo back. Now, if we are experiencing groundhog day 2-3 years from now my take will be different. I am looking at this as a new, fresh start for all parties and hoping for the best. Until I am given a reason to sour my hopes remain that of a wide-eyed 5 YO... G P G !!

To me, if someone was highly intelligent, they would see how public perception influences one's legacy. I'd rather he be making headlines for encouraging his teammates or management than for petty feuds with Jennings, McCarthy and his parents.

D

Deleted member 6794

To me, if someone was highly intelligent, they would see how public perception influences one's legacy. I'd rather he be making headlines for encouraging his teammates or management than for petty feuds with Jennings, McCarthy and his parents.

Jennings is the only one to blame for the feud with Rodgers. While Aaron and MM weren't able to make it work on the field anymore there's definitely no feud between them. Did you read what he had to say about the former head coach???

“I think it’s very important that we as Packers fans – because I was a fan long before I was a player – that we as Packers fans and Packer people, I think we need to honor Mike and respect him the right way. We had a hell of a run. We have 13 years, four NFC championships, one Super Bowl, eight straight playoffs, 19 straight wins. We did some incredible things. So instead of trashing this guy on the way out, let’s remember the amazing times we had together. Because Packers fans, remember this, especially those of you who live in Green Bay, Mike lives here. Mike has kids here. So Mike has to be here. Think about how difficult it is for him. so my favor that I would ask of you strongly is if you see Mike, shake his hand, tell him thanks for the memories, tell him thanks for the coaching job he did."

Rodgers family life is neither mine nor your business.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it anything off the field that's none of our business? If not, where is the line?

D

Deleted member 6794

Is it anything off the field that's none of our business? If not, where is the line?

In my opinion everything that happens off the field that isn't detrimental to the Packers organization in any way is none of our business.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's easy to armchair QB the lives of others. I try to avoid doing that as I am not privy to the entire situation. Yes, I would've handled certain situations differently but I am also not a world class athlete. Most people that make it to the pinnacle of success have a fair amount of ego and hubris. I am not saying it's right but it does play a factor. I am keeping an open mind on this new beginning and hope AR can finish his career on a high note both on and off the field. If not, maybe he is just a big jerk?! Time will tell... G P G!

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without limiting or defining the “line”... I would say that anything that pertains to others that have not sought notoriety, but simply had it thrust upon them due to a relationship with a person in the public eye.. is definitely across that line... therefore Rodgers’ family is out of bounds.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings is the only one to blame for the feud with Rodgers. While Aaron and MM weren't able to make it work on the field anymore there's definitely no feud between them. Did you read what he had to say about the former head coach???

Rodgers family life is neither mine nor your business.

Your confidence in the face of speculation is misplaced, IMO. Jennings is clearly not the only person to blame for the feud - he's extended the olive branch, Rodgers isn't reciprocating, thus continuing the charade. Jennings had a beef with what Aaron said to him and an opponent on the field - thus according to Greg started this whole fiasco. So again, he shares equal fault. Also, Aaron and MM had been at odds according to numerous other players, the PR spin on this is underway and it'll all be flowers and roses as that will shut up the journalists. If Rodgers learned anything from his time with Ari Fleischer, it's how to spin the media to his advantage. Being confident in either scenario is just not possible given the information at our disposal.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Your confidence in the face of speculation is misplaced, IMO. Jennings is clearly not the only person to blame for the feud - he's extended the olive branch, Rodgers isn't reciprocating, thus continuing the charade. Jennings had a beef with what Aaron said to him and an opponent on the field - thus according to Greg started this whole fiasco. So again, he shares equal fault. Also, Aaron and MM had been at odds according to numerous other players, the PR spin on this is underway and it'll all be flowers and roses as that will shut up the journalists. If Rodgers learned anything from his time with Ari Fleischer, it's how to spin the media to his advantage. Being confident in either scenario is just not possible given the information at our disposal.

Just out of curiosity, prior to Jennings acting like a total ******, what was Rodgers beef with him? I actually prefer the way Rodgers has pretty much let Jennings keep running at the mouth over the last how many years? Seems like the only one with the beef is Greg Jennings himself. Why do you expect Rodgers to want or need to except the so called olive branch Jennings reached out with?

About the only thing I have ever read about this that actually involved Rodgers participating, was his recent comment, which I found fitting and true.

“It bothers me that every time there’s an article, it’s the same two people,” Rodgers said. And if it’s not an article about me, do you ever hear their names anywhere else? At what point do you move on? You talk about me being sensitive and petty? At what point do you move on or stop telling the same stories?”

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, prior to Jennings acting like a total ******, what was Rodgers beef with him? I actually prefer the way Rodgers has pretty much let Jennings keep running at the mouth over the last how many years? Seems like the only one with the beef is Greg Jennings himself. Why do you expect Rodgers to want or need to except the so called olive branch Jennings reached out with?

About the only thing I have ever read about this that actually involved Rodgers participating, was his recent comment, which I found fitting and true.

“It bothers me that every time there’s an article, it’s the same two people,” Rodgers said. And if it’s not an article about me, do you ever hear their names anywhere else? At what point do you move on? You talk about me being sensitive and petty? At what point do you move on or stop telling the same stories?”

Greg had major issues with something Aaron said to him on the field during a game against the 49ers during his contract year. Also, notice that Rodgers didn't address the issues - but questioned the source. Clear deflection, the more he does that the longer the story sits there and doesn't die and inevitably the same people will be asked the same questions. I guess I'd just like to see Greg have a fair shake, he contributed a lot to the team during his time with Green Bay.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
“It bothers me that every time there’s an article, it’s the same two people,” Rodgers said. And if it’s not an article about me, do you ever hear their names anywhere else?
To be fair, Jennings is a frequent guest and substitute host on Fox Sports, so he has commented on a wide array of sports news not related to Rodgers. I get the impression when they want to tickle some Rodgers controversy, they like to use Jennings to keep it stirred.

Greg had major issues with something Aaron said to him on the field during a game against the 49ers during his contract year. Also, notice that Rodgers didn't address the issues - but questioned the source.
I saw an article awhile back, I wish I had the link but I don't, where Rodgers addressed his comment on the field. Rodgers said that it was just a joke, which I can believe. But I don't blame Jennings for getting irritated over it, that probably would have p!ssed me off also. Especially with a QB/WR relationship, you'd like that to be a little closer.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Greg had major issues with something Aaron said to him on the field during a game against the 49ers during his contract year. Also, notice that Rodgers didn't address the issues - but questioned the source. Clear deflection, the more he does that the longer the story sits there and doesn't die and inevitably the same people will be asked the same questions. I guess I'd just like to see Greg have a fair shake, he contributed a lot to the team during his time with Green Bay.

Which has been described as Rodgers and others as Aaron being the smart *** that he is. Time for Greg to get over something that happened over 6 years ago and stop pretending that he is an expert on a player, as well as a team that he played for that long ago as well.

Reactions: Do7
D

Deleted member 6794

Also, Aaron and MM had been at odds according to numerous other players, the PR spin on this is underway and it'll all be flowers and roses as that will shut up the journalists.

There's no doubt Rodgers and McCarthy had issues but they kept it in-house and didn't use the media to take cheap shots at another like Jennings likes to do on every chance he gets.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no doubt Rodgers and McCarthy had issues but they kept it in-house and didn't use the media to take cheap shots at another like Jennings likes to do on every chance he gets.

After the Packers’ 22-0 win against the Bills in September, Rodgers trashed the team’s play-calling after some of his receivers weren’t seeing as many looks as they should be.

“It’s by the plan,” Rodgers said, before saying that it’s not “acceptable offense for us.”

source: https://nypost.com/2018/12/04/aaron-rodgers-a-prima-donna-for-coachs-firing-packers-great/

Though the name wasn't stated, it was a direct shot across the bow at McCarthy. It's also not "in house" when you're bickering on the sideline or calling the plays MID GAME stupid.

source:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

After the Packers’ 22-0 win against the Bills in September, Rodgers trashed the team’s play-calling after some of his receivers weren’t seeing as many looks as they should be.

“It’s by the plan,” Rodgers said, before saying that it’s not “acceptable offense for us.”

source: https://nypost.com/2018/12/04/aaron-rodgers-a-prima-donna-for-coachs-firing-packers-great/

Though the name wasn't stated, it was a direct shot across the bow at McCarthy. It's also not "in house" when you're bickering on the sideline or calling the plays MID GAME stupid.

source:

In my opinion Rodgers criticizing McCarthy out of the emotion is not even close to being on the same level as Jennings bashing him and the organization years after leaving the team.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score

so would you rather see AR get dragged into a war of words, journalists will always attempt to trick any sportsperson into reacting to things like this. in my eyes this reply is partly deflection, but mostly an FU to the journo that he wasn't going to react

source:
is rodgers the only person to have ever had a shot at management/coaches via a not so subtle passive aggresive comment, the rest of that article was just an opinion of a former player, who never played alongside AR

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I was saying before, I don't think we'd hear half of this stuff from Jennings if he wasn't employed as a sports analyst by Fox News. They use him every time they want to do a hit piece on Rodgers or the Packers. I've even seen him try to take the high road and be more professional, but the hosts will wheedle him until they get what they want out of him (the dirt stuff). And of course it doesn't take that long because that stuff isn't lurking far below the surface. At this point it's almost in his job description to criticize Rodgers.

Rodgers2adams

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers thinks he's God's gift to the Packers! Have you read his comments about how he's going to tell LaFleur just what needs to be done to get the Packers back on track? It's time Rodgers realized that he's not the owner of the team, nor is he the manager or the head coach!

Rodgers has other Packers players falling for his "Follow me" crap! Davante Adams was recently quoted as saying how he wants LeFleur to understand how ..."Aaron and I want to attack this season..." That's NOT THEIR JOB!!!

Their jobs are to listen to the coach and to do what he tells them to do. If they have a problem with those rules, then they need to look elsewhere for jobs!

Rodgers and Adams and lots of others on the Packers' team have gotten way too big for their britches! It's time LeFleur and the others in the front office told them just that!

With these big head attitudes, the Packers are going to have a losing season just like the last two! No one has a team attitude anymore! It's all me, me, ME!

Wow.

Reactions: Do7

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion Rodgers criticizing McCarthy out of the emotion is not even close to being on the same level as Jennings bashing him and the organization years after leaving the team.

But it's not "in house" which was my point.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and will you and solely you decide what a "blown draft" looks like? Will you be doing that before the very first game of the season or wait like most until 1-3 years have passed?

I think I know your answer, just wondering where I can buy the tickets you are about to sell.

He starting complaining before the first round was finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts