Aaron Rodgers is an Arrogant Jerk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 6794

But it's not "in house" which was my point.

There's a difference between saying something out of emotion during or after a game or Jennings bashing Rodgers more than six years after he left the team though.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's a difference between saying something out of emotion during or after a game or Jennings bashing Rodgers more than six years after he left the team though.

I see your point, but it's still not "in house".

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Exactly!

If this bothered Jennings so much then why the hell didn't he go to Rodgers after the game and talk to him like a man? Rather than bottle it up for 6 years and venting your frustration later. This could've easy been taken care of in the locker room but Greg decided for some reason not to address it, thus Rodgers not being able to address it with him, since he has no idea that Greg had a issue with what he said in the first place. If anything this makes Greg not only shady and sensitive, but a coward. Even James Jones commented on this saying how he didn't understand why Greg didn't simply go up to Rodgers and talk to him, especially with how close they were at the time.

Then years later after you bad mouth Rodgers not only after you leave and go on a different team, (a divisional team no less) and go on the media and continue to bad mouth the guy, and you wonder why he doesn't want anything to do with you, when you try to reach out to him? Gimme a break! Jennings is no victim! If anything Rodgers is! Both he AND Jermichael broke the code of keeping things in house. And the more I hear from other teammates around the league, the worse and worse the two of them look.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly!

If this bothered Jennings so much then why the hell didn't he go to Rodgers after the game and talk to him like a man? Rather than bottle it up for 6 years and venting your frustration later. This could've easy been taken care of in the locker room but Greg decided for some reason not to address it, thus Rodgers not being able to address it with him, since he has no idea that Greg had a issue with what he said in the first place. If anything this makes Greg not only shady and sensitive, but a coward. Even James Jones commented on this saying how he didn't understand why Greg didn't simply go up to Rodgers and talk to him, especially with how close they were at the time.

Then years later after you bad mouth Rodgers not only after you leave and go on a different team, (a divisional team no less) and go on the media and continue to bad mouth the guy, and you wonder why he doesn't want anything to do with you, when you try to reach out to him? Gimme a break! Jennings is no victim! If anything Rodgers is! Both he AND Jermichael broke the code of keeping things in house. And the more I hear from other teammates around the league, the worse and worse the two of them look.

I'll put this up again, because it explains not just Jennings rebut to Rodgers statement, but also that Jennings has tried to reach out to Rodgers only to be stonewalled for years. I think he did try to clear this up before it hit the airwaves.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll put this up again, because it explains not just Jennings rebut to Rodgers statement, but also that Jennings has tried to reach out to Rodgers only to be stonewalled for years. I think he did try to clear this up before it hit the airwaves.

I didn't hear Jennings say he tried to reach Rodgers after the game or anytime during their last year. Yeah he reached out years LATER after he ran his mouth regarding him, so what did you expect was going to happen? Why should Rodgers bother to give him the time of day? You're making my point.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't hear Jennings say he tried to reach Rodgers after the game or anytime during their last year. Yeah he reached out years LATER after he ran his mouth regarding him, so what did you expect was going to happen? Why should Rodgers bother to give him the time of day? You're making my point.

Why does he have to get back to him directly after the game? Emotions are heated, best to do so with a clear head when points can be clearly articulated. The point is Jennings did try to smooth this over before it all hit the press. The specific timeline of events there doesn't matter in the slightest as long as it was done prior to blowing up in the media. In addition, Rodgers had an opportunity to respond to Dunne and these comments prior to the release of the article - but no - he again stonewalled Dunne. A good leader can take criticism, does not have diva like tendencies or have tantrums when things break down or don't go his way and has the foresight to know when he should speak up or smooth things over before it hits the media. I hope this was a learning experience for Rodgers.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why does he have to get back to him directly after the game? Emotions are heated, best to do so with a clear head when points can be clearly articulated. The point is Jennings did try to smooth this over before it all hit the press. The specific timeline of events there doesn't matter in the slightest as long as it was done prior to blowing up in the media. In addition, Rodgers had an opportunity to respond to Dunne and these comments prior to the release of the article - but no - he again stonewalled Dunne. A good leader can take criticism, does not have diva like tendencies or have tantrums when things break down or don't go his way and has the foresight to know when he should speak up or smooth things over before it hits the media. I hope this was a learning experience for Rodgers.

You didn't read what I said. I didn't just leave it at just after the game. I said their entire last year together.

So let me get this straight if I'm following you correctly.

You have an issue with a player over a joke he made, and rather address at some point during that year in the locker room, where you can get clarification and whatnot, you decide to hold on to it. Then the following year upon your release you decide to run your mouth on said QB, only for him and his squad to beat you both times, all the while taking the high road and not stooping to your level and dog him out in the media. Then years later you still continue to dog said player out in the media, but you expect things to be water under the bridge since you're trying to reach out after airing all the dirty laundry, simply because you got butt hurt of a joke you didn't bother to ask for clarification before you start crapping on the guy.

Do you hear complete and utterly STUPID that all sounded? Why on Earth would Rodgers want to speak to the guy when he had opportunity to address any issues with him when he was his teammate. Not once has Rodgers ever dogged Jennings as he did him. And you somehow Rodgers is the DIVA in all of this when all evidence points to the contrary. Secondly why does Rodgers need to address a reporter in order to air all the dirty laundry that takes place in The Packer organization. Sounds to me if Rodgers did that, that would make him look more of a diva if anything, especially considering he would be throwing people under the bus, which is something he has never done. What business is it of ours to know what his relationship with McCarthy, or any issues they might have had? So by your logic Rodgers is a diva because he simply chooses to take the high road, and not defend himself in regards to the constant attacks. On top of that you consider him a diva because he chooses not to speak to a reporter regarding an article that would've created further tension among his contemporaries, and when he finally addresses the whole matter not being true, he's a diva?

Give me a freaking break!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Sorry, I stopped listening when I heard Greg say "I'm not trying to continue to add fuel to a fire" :roflmao:

and Greg it is pronounced "Asked" not "Axed"

Ok....I did let it run and listened to the whole thing. What Greg conveniently forgets is why Aaron Rodgers has wanted nothing to do with him during this time of Greg supposedly trying to clear the air. Greg, time to think back, remember what your sister said as well as what you said right after your career with the Packers was over? Why do you think you are now owed time with Aaron? Give me a break and ****!

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You didn't read what I said. I didn't just leave it at just after the game. I said their entire last year together.

So let me get this straight if I'm following you correctly.

You have an issue with a player over a joke he made, and rather address at some point during that year in the locker room, where you can get clarification and whatnot, you decide to hold on to it. Then the following year upon your release you decide to run your mouth on said QB, only for him and his squad to beat you both times, all the while taking the high road and not stooping to your level and dog him out in the media. Then years later you still continue to dog said player out in the media, but you expect things to be water under the bridge since you're trying to reach out after airing all the dirty laundry, simply because you got butt hurt of a joke you didn't bother to ask for clarification before you start crapping on the guy.

Do you hear complete and utterly STUPID that all sounded? Why on Earth would Rodgers want to speak to the guy when he had opportunity to address any issues with him when he was his teammate. Not once has Rodgers ever dogged Jennings as he did him. And you somehow Rodgers is the DIVA in all of this when all evidence points to the contrary. Secondly why does Rodgers need to address a reporter in order to air all the dirty laundry that takes place in The Packer organization. Sounds to me if Rodgers did that, that would make him look more of a diva if anything, especially considering he would be throwing people under the bus, which is something he has never done. What business is it of ours to know what his relationship with McCarthy, or any issues they might have had? So by your logic Rodgers is a diva because he simply chooses to take the high road, and not defend himself in regards to the constant attacks. On top of that you consider him a diva because he chooses not to speak to a reporter regarding an article that would've created further tension among his contemporaries, and when he finally addresses the whole matter not being true, he's a diva?

Give me a freaking break!

Was it a joke though? It was a slight to Jennings. If your friend (at that time they were friends, I assume) said something that pissed you off to your core you'd probably feel bad and want to make amends - even years later. If they mentioned something to you (but you don't return calls) or through the media via potshots, you'd likely reach out and say hey man WTF. It's not just Jennings who has questioned Rodgers character. At various points players like KGB, Driver, Favre, Saturday (maybe more) have questioned Rodgers character or behavior.

The point of this post is to discuss Rodgers character. Him calling Favre "Grandpa" on their first meeting - does that seem right to you? Him calling out Favre's wonderlic score when they are not friends... is that something a person with good character would do? Sure, they're jokes, but a smart person knows how to read a room. Him throwing McCarthy under the bus AFTER A WIN, does that seem right to you?

give ME a freaking break.

The apologies for someone who has demonstrated a considerable lack of character through either inaction or outright being rude is seemingly unending in this thread. The fact that people aren't acknowledging this is further proving Greg's point, that he is immune to criticism because he has been great. Well, lets hope he gets better this year, because another down year and my bet is you start to hear more come out about Aaron.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, I stopped listening when I heard Greg say "I'm not trying to continue to add fuel to a fire" :roflmao:

and Greg it is pronounced "Asked" not "Axed"

Ok....I did let it run and listened to the whole thing. What Greg conveniently forgets is why Aaron Rodgers has wanted nothing to do with him during this time of Greg supposedly trying to clear the air. Greg, time to think back, remember what your sister said as well as what you said right after your career with the Packers was over? Why do you think you are now owed time with Aaron? Give me a break and ****!

Again, what his sister said doesn't really contribute to this argument. There's plenty of frustrated family members out there who want to see the best for their loved ones.

What exactly did Greg say on his departure that contributes to your argument? Was it his full page ad thanking the fans and organization?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Again, what his sister said doesn't really contribute to this argument. There's plenty of frustrated family members out there who want to see the best for their loved ones.

What exactly did Greg say on his departure that contributes to your argument? Was it his full page ad thanking the fans and organization?

This article as well as Greg himself verifies that he put them out there and admitted he may have said too much. I guess its ok for him to joke, but not Aaron?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-jennings-joke-aaron-rodgers-packers/3180065/

As far as his sister, you are somewhat correct in that what she says shouldn't reflect directly back on Greg, but if my friend/teammate's friends or family trashes me, I'm going to instinctively connect it back to that guy.

Last edited:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This article as well as Greg himself verifies that he put them out there and admitted he may have said too much. I guess its ok for him to joke, but not Aaron?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-jennings-joke-aaron-rodgers-packers/3180065/

As far as his sister, you are somewhat correct in that what she says shouldn't reflect directly back on Greg, but if my friend/teammate's friends or family trashes me, I'm going to instinctively connect it back to that guy.
Bingo. And yet somehow Rodgers is being the diva here...

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can try to find the exact quotes from Greg, but this article as well as Greg himself verifies that he put them out there and admitted he may have said too much. I guess its ok for him to joke, but not Aaron?

Sure, but Greg's character isn't under question in this article. Even if it was, he's shown the ability in that article to attempt to make things right by saying "he probably said too much". Acknowledging fault. When has Aaron done that?

Your article also points out the quote which I think is important... "But when you hear all positives, all positives, all positives all the time, it's hard for you to sit down when one of your teammates says, 'Man, come on, you've got to hold yourself accountable for this.' It's hard for someone to see that now because all they've heard is I'm doing it the right way, I'm perfect. In actuality, we all have flaws."

So he mentioned to Rodgers that he should be accountable for his own mistakes on the field... According to Greg's recount this likely is what created tension between them. Criticism and the need for fair treatment and accountability. That is also the point of the Dunne article, the lack of accountability with McCarthy and Rodgers. This criticism is likely what lead to Rodgers not going to bat for Jennings that offseason. That's a conclusion I've drawn, but it's not illogical, furthering the rift between those two.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
After the Packers’ 22-0 win against the Bills in September, Rodgers trashed the team’s play-calling after some of his receivers weren’t seeing as many looks as they should be.

“It’s by the plan,” Rodgers said, before saying that it’s not “acceptable offense for us.”

source: https://nypost.com/2018/12/04/aaron-rodgers-a-prima-donna-for-coachs-firing-packers-great/

Though the name wasn't stated, it was a direct shot across the bow at McCarthy. It's also not "in house" when you're bickering on the sideline or calling the plays MID GAME stupid.

source:
And Rodgers mentioned in his most recent presser that he regrets his remarks regarding McCarthy in that instance because he realized how it came off after the fact.

So Rodgers came out and said "my bad" on that one. What else ya got?

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And Rodgers mentioned in his most recent presser that he regrets his remarks regarding McCarthy in that instance because he realized how it came off after the fact.

So Rodgers came out and said "my bad" on that one. What else ya got?

Fair, but as others have posted, time is important. If he said that the next day, maybe McCarthy is still our coach (though I would not have liked that). Also, maybe he's still our coach if he ran the plays McCarthy called instead of calling them "stupid F'ing plays". Has he acknowledged that criticism yet? It's easy to go back and right the wrongs now that Rodgers has what he wants, a new "intelligent" head coach.

He's in damage control mode to avoid a headache for his new coach, and maybe "not being the problem" to quote Mark Murphy.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Fair, but as others have posted, time is important. If he said that the next day, maybe McCarthy is still our coach (though I would not have liked that). Also, maybe he's still our coach if he ran the plays McCarthy called instead of calling them "stupid F'ing plays". Has he acknowledged that criticism yet? It's easy to go back and right the wrongs now that Rodgers has what he wants, a new "intelligent" head coach.

He's in damage control mode to avoid a headache for his new coach.
So it's appropriate for Jennings to reach out and try to clear the air with Rodgers years after their "incident", after Jennings bashed him to any public talking head that would listen, but it's too late for Rodgers to acknowledge that he made a mistake within a year of him doing so.

lmao. Got it.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So it's appropriate for Jennings to reach out and try to clear the air with Rodgers years after their "incident", after Jennings bashed him to any public talking head that would listen, but it's too late for Rodgers to acknowledge that he made a mistake within a year of him doing so.

lmao. Got it.

The gravity of the situation with Rodgers was much higher - he helped get his HEAD COACH fired. Like, take a step back man, look at all the accusations here. SMH.

The point of the thread is not to draw comparisons between Greg and Aaron to determine who out-divas who. The fact their transgressions are being compared helps further the argument that Aaron is a diva.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
https://deadspin.com/aaron-rodgers-is-very-sensitive-about-his-height-5957852

Look at this one... Aaron "sensitive about his height" and turns away from the guy. Jennings and Clay both mention they walk on egg-shells in the article. Does it sound normal for a QB to have the lockerroom walk on egg-shells with what they say? That sounds similar to Dunne's article when he wrote about St. Brown and MVS struggling between choosing Rodgers or McCarthy, and specifically St. Brown not wanting to upset Rodgers when having to choose between the two. The fact he has to even make that choice should lend to the argument of Aaron being a friggin' diva.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
https://deadspin.com/aaron-rodgers-is-very-sensitive-about-his-height-5957852

Look at this one... Aaron "sensitive about his height" and turns away from the guy. Jennings and Clay both mention they walk on egg-shells in the article. Does it sound normal for a QB to have the lockerroom walk on egg-shells with what they say? That sounds similar to Dunne's article when he wrote about St. Brown and MVS struggling between choosing Rodgers or McCarthy, and specifically St. Brown not wanting to upset Rodgers when having to choose between the two. The fact he has to even make that choice should lend to the argument of Aaron being a friggin' diva.
I've never said Rodgers can't be a diva. He can at times be a bit offputish, and he might rub some people the wrong way sometimes. Like I've always said though? I really don't give a damn. Leave your damn feelings in the parking lot. We're about trying to win football games. If you can't handle it, take your ball and go home.

It's an extremely small percentage of guys (and mostly the same repeat horse beaters) that have come out and said negative things about Rodgers.

Some of these cry babies need to quit forgetting to apply their vagisil. Or man up. Take a little bit of criticism, and/or quit getting your wittle feelings hurt because big bad Aaron made a joke about another team signing you. Cry me a freaking river. Are you a professional or not?

The part about Rodgers needing to take more criticism? Okay. Maybe at times there's some merit there. But need I point out that in nearly every single post game presser that Rodgers has (and I've watched damn near all of them especially the past few years), he says that the team needs to play better and that it starts with him needing to play better as the leader of the football team.

The Rodgers haters see what they want to see, hear what they want to hear, and read what they want to read. Objectivity doesn't even enter the stratosphere.

Complain about Aaron's approach all you want to. All its lead to though is the greatest quarterback performance in the history of the league. He's done his part to win multiple Super Bowls. All you gotta do is go check the numbers. The man produces. If everyone else would focus on doing their damn jobs, they wouldn't have to worry about Aaron the bully.

Sissies.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never said Rodgers can't be a diva. He can at times be a bit offputish, and he might rub some people the wrong way sometimes. Like I've always said though? I really don't give a damn. Leave your damn feelings in the parking lot. We're about trying to win football games. If you can't handle it, take your ball and go home.

It's an extremely small percentage of guys (and mostly the same repeat horse beaters) that have come out and said negative things about Rodgers.

Some of these cry babies need to quit forgetting to apply their vagisil. Or man up. Take a little bit of criticism, and/or quit getting your wittle feelings hurt because big bad Aaron made a joke about another team signing you. Cry me a freaking river. Are you a professional or not?

The part about Rodgers needing to take more criticism? Okay. Maybe at times there's some merit there. But need I point out that in nearly every single post game presser that Rodgers has (and I've watched damn near all of them especially the past few years), he says that the team needs to play better and that it starts with him needing to play better as the leader of the football team.

The Rodgers haters see what they want to see, hear what they want to hear, and read what they want to read. Objectivity doesn't even enter the stratosphere.

Complain about Aaron's approach all you want to. All its lead to though is the greatest quarterback performance in the history of the league. He's done his part to win multiple Super Bowls. All you gotta do is go check the numbers. The man produces. If everyone else would focus on doing their damn jobs, they wouldn't have to worry about Aaron the bully.

Sissies.

Instead of writing a few paragraphs you literally could have just wrote "I agree with Greg Jennings" (Because he's great, we shouldn't criticize his issues).

Rodgers2adams

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m on a lot of forums for a lot of different sports and this is the worst thread I have seen. Green and gold you obviously don’t like Rodgers and you are just seeing what you want to see. I’ll take the words of the many other ex-teammates that speak highly of Rodgers and his leadership over people like Greg ****ing Jennings who clearly has an issue with Rodgers and is using this to try and fuel his media career.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Instead of writing a few paragraphs you literally could have just wrote "I agree with Greg Jennings" (Because he's great, we shouldn't criticize his issues).
Weak response.

I've never said that Aaron is above criticism. But you wait an entire football season and don't try to solve the issue directly with Aaron like a man. Then you leave the Packers and go on a tirade. And then every single chance you get for the past several years, you continue to take swipes at the guy.

Like it or not, that is way more diva than Rodgers. Seriously...let it go. Rodgers has actually been the anti-diva in regards to Jennings for a very long time by not responding to the exact. same. silly. ***. petty. ****. That he continues to spew because he simply cannot help himself.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m on a lot of forums for a lot of different sports and this is the worst thread I have seen. Green and gold you obviously don’t like Rodgers and you are just seeing what you want to see. I’ll take the words of the many other ex-teammates that speak highly of Rodgers and his leadership over people like Greg ******* Jennings who clearly has an issue with Rodgers and is using this to try and fuel his media career.

I don't like how Rodgers created a locker room that is afraid to speak up and cannot constructively criticize one another. You are correct. My fear is, when all is said and done, despite his remarkable statistics - this is what he will be remembered for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts