Aaron Rodgers has Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This thread woof.

Love hearing people citing what they read from C high school students on facebook and fringe news outlets as "research". Bottom line for me is this, if you're not taking measures to protect your neighbor, especially those at-risk, whether that be masks or vaccines or whatever, you're an *******.

Mods please shut this thread down.

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Players owe it to their fellow teammates to get vaccinated. His Fiancé probably wouldn’t let Him because She is into ALL NATURAL things!!! So now everyone pays!

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come Poker...you know better than that. Has nothing to do with racism. You have to at least question everything is just coincidental about Wuhan and that guy who keeps telling us we need to wear masks.
I'm amazed at how many people are still living their lives completely brainwashed right now. More people are awake than ever before, but still a ways to go it seems.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently he said he is "immunized". Maybe he got it before and it won't be so bad for him.
Immunized my ***. ******* liar. Not a team player and not a good leader.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Immunized my ***. ******* liar. Not a team player and not a good leader.
immunized: make (a person or animal) immune to infection, typically by inoculation.

He did not lie. His personal health decisions having nothing to do with "being a team player" or "good leader". You've got to be kidding me.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While possible, all I've seen about this is two reporters citing each other on Twitter. Their evidence is that Rodgers said "immunized" rather than "vaccinated" in an interview.

Vs. his behavior/allowed behavior the league has set for vaccinated vs. not-vaccinateted.

• He's not wearing a mask on the sideline
• He didn't wear a mask on the sideline during the pre-season, even though he was inactive
• He conducts his post-game interviews w/o a mask in person
• He was not designated a close-contact when Adams was positive (ala Lazard)

If he legitimately is not vaccinated, then the NFL royally screwed up. Or the Packers royally screwed up and are not enforcing league policies. In such a situation, I'd expect a fine and possible draft pick loss.

I haven't thought about ramifications for Rodgers' lying. You make some interesting points.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Feel free to check the facts.
Facts screw around with their false claims and then its on to the next thing that they heard on FAUX News.

Bill Gates had RFID chips put into the vaccine, so the Gov. can track us. Seriously, its true, I heard a guy talking on his cell phone to another guy about it.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
immunized: make (a person or animal) immune to infection, typically by inoculation.

He did not lie. His personal health decisions having nothing to do with "being a team player" or "good leader". You've got to be kidding me.
He lied. If he actually had been infected, he would have been immunized.

When Rodgers' decisions affect others in a negative way he is being selfish.
A good leader takes the jab for the team. Stop defending that D--bag.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Facts screw around with their false claims and then its on to the next thing that they heard on FAUX News.

Bill Gates had RFID chips put into the vaccine, so the Gov. can track us. Seriously, its true, I heard a guy talking on his cell phone to another guy about it.
Bill Gates has ties to Epstein....not a good sign for him being a good person.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
First of all you are entitled to your opinion no matter how uninformed or dangerous it appears to be.
Could we have eradicated Covid? Probably not entirely but vaccines have done a great job if applied to enough of the population. Do you hear of Polio being a problem anymore, or TB? (I don't mean the QB here.) The big problem has been so many people who have been reluctant to get the vaccine. If we had a sufficient number of people vaccinated there is an excellent chance that we could wipe it out. The other part of the equation is the available ICU units where the disease is rampant. Right now in the local area where I live there is one open ICU bed between the 2 hospitals here. We are at or very near the highest infection rate since January. Don't tell me that it is all a hoax. Everybody who manages to avoid Covid or at least it's worst symptoms leaves more space for others who desperately need it. I hope and pray that Rodgers recovers well from this but there are no guarantees with this disease.

I didn't tell anyone that anything was a hoax and I agree that ICU capacity is a legit consideration when it comes to mitigation.

But the vaccines are more effective at keeping people out of the hospital than they are at eradicating the virus. They're more like a very effective flu shot than the polio vaccine. There's no chance of this virus being eradicated in the same way polio was.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm amazed at how many people are still living their lives completely brainwashed right now. More people are awake than ever before, but still a ways to go it seems.
I hate to be a conspiracy theorist but there are just too many connections to the Wuhan lab. And you're right people just live their lives blindly as if the government is our friends.
Ok...I digress, Packs 53 Cardinals 13

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
This thread woof.

Love hearing people citing what they read from C high school students on facebook and fringe news outlets as "research". Bottom line for me is this, if you're not taking measures to protect your neighbor, especially those at-risk, whether that be masks or vaccines or whatever, you're an *******.

Mods please shut this thread down.
Good summary.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He lied. If he actually had been infected, he would have been immunized.

When Rodgers' decisions affect others in a negative way he is being selfish.
A good leader takes the jab for the team. Stop defending that D--bag.
The NFL's decisions with their covid policy is affecting others in a negative way, not Rodgers fault.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to be a conspiracy theorist but there is just too many connections to the Wuhan lab. And you're right people just live their lives blindly as if the government is our friends.
Ok...I digress, Packs 53 Cardinals 13
While I am an advocate of vaccines i also believe that the virus originated from the lab.
Bill Gates has ties to Epstein....not a good sign for him being a good person.

LMAO, didnt Trump too?

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all you are entitled to your opinion no matter how uninformed or dangerous it appears to be.
Could we have eradicated Covid? Probably not entirely but vaccines have done a great job if applied to enough of the population. Do you hear of Polio being a problem anymore, or TB? (I don't mean the QB here.) The big problem has been so many people who have been reluctant to get the vaccine. If we had a sufficient number of people vaccinated there is an excellent chance that we could wipe it out. The other part of the equation is the available ICU units where the disease is rampant. Right now in the local area where I live there is one open ICU bed between the 2 hospitals here. We are at or very near the highest infection rate since January. Don't tell me that it is all a hoax. Everybody who manages to avoid Covid or at least it's worst symptoms leaves more space for others who desperately need it. I hope and pray that Rodgers recovers well from this but there are no guarantees with this disease.
flu wiped out MILLIONS and still no vaccine nor any mandates. Just sayin'. I just like to hear your opinion why that is? This virus has been around for many years and yet we have not been mandated with the flu virus that could have saved thousands of lives each year. Isn't it odd that we just happen to find a vaccine for Covid with the help with a flu strain but still no flu vaccine? I'm just looking for answers.

Reaction score
I feel like you and I have the same philosophy on this, get vaccinated, don’t get vaccinated, I understand either choice, however, it is literally n

What I see in these responses are 2 types of people.

1. Those that are concerned primarily with (love) themselves

2. Those concerned (love) with others.

It just hit me why God has allowed this. It’s my believe he’s shaking us off the fence. No more bystanders on the fence. We will jump One way.. or the other.

Very shortly we will be in front of our creator and as we try to make excuses.. he’s going to show us how we treated others and all the effects it caused. I’m going in with a clean slate and one heck of an argument. “You told me to love others” what better way than to lay my life (desires) down for those around me.

I’m always amused by those who claim to “love the climate” or “love choice” but then use it to treat other people like dirt.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hereby call on Rodgers to get monthly boosters, weekly tests, and to wear 3 masks when within 10 feet of others. It's selfish to do anything less. The vaccine works so well you also need to wear the masks as well! Don't question it!!!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The tiring point really is that sceptics are literally sceptical about ANYTHING.

"Vaccines work, but they are actually not really effective and there are all these horrible side effects."

Which are way more rare to get than covid side effects but critics always casually ignore that.

"Lockdowns are useless because people die anyway and most transmission happen inside homes."

Even though that the virus would have had to come from outside in the first place, so ofc a highly contagious virus gets transmitted more in homes where people are closer together.

"Masks work, but only the top quality stuff so why would i use a lesser one?"

idk, i think its such a spoiled 21st Westerner mentality to cynically strike any policy or proposed measure down that is even of the slightest convenience to yourself as an individual. When people do that it really sounds like they just want the gov to fix it without people having to give up an inch of their life.

Nobody wants to be in this mess, but we will have to do it together to get out of it. Think of it like voting, your vote will practically never matter but that doesnt mean you wont go out and vote

People advocating/voting for the things that they think will work and benefit their society and arguing against the things they think won't work and/or will harm their society is the American system.

At a certain point, for literally everyone, the mitigation of the spread becomes worse for them than the virus itself. For example, we could kill the entire population and covid wouldn't spread, but of course no one, not even the most panicked COVID hysteric, would be ok with that.

That break point in risk/reward analysis is going to come at different points for different people.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just here to say that I am happy that this happens now and not during the playoffs. Im also happy with how the team has handled it so far, given the incredibly difficult situation we are in. Last week we were high on the Cards game and felt like not only a Super Bowl but a continuation of the Arod chapter in GB was happening, now all is in doubt. However, I do want to weigh in on the whole COVID debate a bit.

I will tell a small story of my country (the Netherlands).Our population density is incredibly high as we have such a small country compared to the stretched out lands of the US, and that means our bars/clubs are also small and tightly packed usually. I do find it peculiar that I as a vaxed person can go inside freely by showing a QR code that says I am vaccinated, while I can still carry the virus around and actually still have a significant (albeit little smaller) chance of spreading it, whereas an unvaxed person has to test himself first. I do believe that I as a vaxed person, should also be tested when going to big or crowded events/establishments, and it is unfair to think that unvaxed people are per definition the only ones who can spread it and that measures should only be imposed on them. I dont really believe in pressuring this group, and I think its best to instead be respectful for any of their doubts (however baseless they may be sometimes) and patiently try to reason with them as imo they will otherwise only become more radical (I do feel that often they already question whether there is some globalist inner circle who want to make/keep us sheeple and pressuring them surely wont help)

That being said, lockdowns, testing, masks mandates, vaccines 3 feet away and all that are all proven to work (if only for a small extent, but you do what you can and the "sacrifices" are really minimal). Furthermore, the plan never was to eradicate the virus (any sane person would understand that its hear to stay) with these measures but to mitigate their scope as it was a general surprise attack to our healthcare systems. I do agree that governments have sometimes overreacted, but I also feel like some slack can be cut, given that very few people alive have lived through (and can therefore only realistically have imagined) such a global health crisis as today.

Also, I cant for the life of me understand why you wouldn't take the vaccine after almost a year now of being able to have observed it being distributed under most of the world population now. The jury is out and the side effects are so extremely rare that ts really mind boggling why you wouldnt take one. I also find it funny how people want to look at the possible side effects of the vaccine through a magnifiying glass the size of the Empire State Building, but whimp away any side effects a corona infection might have. Its become such a political and tribalistic issue that unvaxxed people are incredibly entrenched.
I like much of what you said, can agree with most of it, but you and a few others just can't accept that there is good reason to NOT do it. I was mocked because we fitted 2 people for heart holters due to the vaccine. Something they told us in the beginning was 1-3M, then it was 1-1M, now it's under 1-36K risk. They weren't the only 2, they were just the most recent. Another ortho in southern WI is paralyzed from transverse myelitis. Had someone else come in and break down because her father just had his booster and had brain inflammation and is dead. This was after he had a pretty severe reaction in his shot arm after #2. Sweden has suspended shots under 31 is it?

Age and health status are definite considerations. Tribalism, lunacy, ignorance etc aren't the only reasons for NOT getting it any more than fear is the reason everyone else is getting it. Their reasons are not embarrassing, they are personal and relevant to that person. There is one pretty big women's health clinic here, 5 of the 11 MD's are leaving, and a good number of staff. They all have embarrassing reasons? All more ignorant than you? Less educated? less informed? Just a buch of tribalists?

we're what, 9 months in where we have had any measurable numbers of the population fully vax'd and the "experts" said 98% 95% effective? what are down to now in the latest numbers? 60? 50? even seen some in the low 40's. These are large population studies in various countries. which expert do I believe? what if I expected this to happen because of what I already know because of my education and work experience? but I was just a conspiracy theorist. Easy to discredit those people.

You know in 2017 there was this company with overaa billion dollar valuation that couldn't get their new tech to work. All these investors and health care professionals were starting to see chinks in this companies wall. Very difficult to get the mRNA into cells and too little, it degraded to quickly and didn't last. Too much, the animals attacked their own organs many times. No successful studies were ever published in the interim.

Did they figure that problem out? Why 3 doses now 9 months in? Did they just approve them all hoping it would help control things until they could figure it out? something was better than nothing? Is it the answer? what happens after 3? I don't know, do you? Does a 23 year old who may have had it already or not, have the same decision making process as 65 year old with a couple chronic health conditions? Who's more selfish? Those making a decision they feel is their best interest or those thinking everybody needs to decide as they have decided is best?

and mods, tell those who are unable to have a discussion without tossing in their insults wherever they can and then complain when threads go south to just leave. Why should they shut it down, because it's what you want?

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hereby call on Rodgers to get monthly boosters, weekly tests, and to wear 3 masks when within 10 feet of others. It's selfish to do anything less. The vaccine works so well you also need to wear the masks as well! Don't question it!!!
please stop, its becoming a little embarrassing really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts