Aaron Rodgers has Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmm maybe we should sew them onto our faces so we can fully enforce these completely constitutional mandates!
Another head scartcher is that the flu has killed more kids than Covid and yet no yearly flu mandates.
Wait...what we just played the Chiefs. Seriously though I don't even know who we are playing. Lol

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another head scartcher is that the flu has killed more kids than Covid and yet no yearly flu mandates.

Wait...what we just played the Chiefs. Seriously though I don't even know who we are playing. Lol
Exactly. This is all about control, not science. None of the rules about Covid make any logical sense, including the NFL rules.

For example, a close contact that is unvaccinated must sit out. However, a vaccinated person who was a close contact does not. This makes no sense as vaccinated people can also transmit the virus. This is why they change the definition of vaccine and removed the word immunity. They literally changed the definition of vaccine to fit the current narrative. That’s how dishonest these people are.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You do know that it is a fact that the Covid test cannot differentiate between Covid and the flu right? This is common knowledge. That is why they are going to be changing the test, and magically the flu will return.

I really wish people would actually research these claims and not just believe whatever some talking head on television says.

CDC: "Because some of the symptoms of flu, COVID-19, and other respiratory illnesses are similar, the difference between them cannot be made based on symptoms alone. Testing is needed to tell what the illness is and to confirm a diagnosis."

The above would indicate a test CAN tell the difference.

University of Nebraska Medical College:

Did previous PCR tests confuse COVID-19 cases for influenza cases?​

Not at all. "The reported numbers were based on highly accurate laboratory tests," says Dr. Broadhurst. "The original test could detect the presence of SARS-CoV-2 with very high specificity," – meaning the test does its job very well.

To make it easy for people to "do their own research" here's the link to the above: https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/p...l-the-difference-between-covid-19-and-the-flu

For the numerous other results disputing your common knowledge (people can commonly be very wrong on a variety of subjects" here is the google search term I used: can test determine between flu and covid

Feel free to check the facts.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is the irony of it MOST vaccinated can still spread the virus and those who are vaccinated are getting it causing them to miss work or in this case miss games. I'm just looking in and still asking questions. I'm not against anyone getting the vaccine but I'm not going to get it just because the government said so and not mandate the flu shots yearly. Most are in agreement that this virus won't go away just like the flu. Doesn't add up.

Man, thats really the only thing you took away from my post? I def agree on that point on people who are critics of the current policies, but thats one of the few things only.

Also, dont take the vaccine cause the gov tells you, take the vaccine because it gets us out of this mess sooner and the chances on getting side effects are smaller than the chances are of getting side effects of COVID. It sounds kind of petty if you wouldnt take it just because the gov told you to

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really wish people would actually research these claims and not just believe whatever some talking head on television says.

CDC: "Because some of the symptoms of flu, COVID-19, and other respiratory illnesses are similar, the difference between them cannot be made based on symptoms alone. Testing is needed to tell what the illness is and to confirm a diagnosis."

The above would indicate a test CAN tell the difference.

University of Nebraska Medical College:

Did previous PCR tests confuse COVID-19 cases for influenza cases?​

Not at all. "The reported numbers were based on highly accurate laboratory tests," says Dr. Broadhurst. "The original test could detect the presence of SARS-CoV-2 with very high specificity," – meaning the test does its job very well.

To make it easy for people to "do their own research" here's the link to the above: https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/p...l-the-difference-between-covid-19-and-the-flu

For the numerous other results disputing your common knowledge (people can commonly be very wrong on a variety of subjects" here is the google search term I used: can test determine between flu and covid

Feel free to check the facts.
Google will also tell you that ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine will likely kill you. It’s propaganda.

The CDC should not be considered a trusted source.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The flu killed one child last flu season. Covid killed far more. "Flu killed more kids" is one of those volume stats that just means it's been around for a really long time. Like, Paul Pierce is 16th all-time in scoring but that's mainly because he played for a really long time; nobody actually believes he's a better scorer than Jerry West but the volume numbers would say otherwise.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Google will also tell you that ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine will likely kill you. It’s propaganda.

Oh wow. Google is out to get us? The doctors that work at the CDC are not to be trusted? I'll just go back to trusting Bob the bricklayer on Facebook I guess.

Don Barclay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is silly, Don.

Everyone uses this word to refer to collecting information about a topic. It's a super common usage of the term. If I said, "I did a little research and it seems that the Chiefs are weak against inside zone rushes," no one would bat an eyelash.

If people want to use it to refer to systematic investigation involving scientific experimentation and so forth, it's incumbent on them to specify that.

This is like me criticizing someone for casually using the word "investigate" because it's only supposed to mean what a detective does at a crime scene. Come one now.

It may seem silly to you, and I'm sure I seem uptight to you -- but when I see people announcing that they're "doing research" on essential scientific topics I see that as fueling the current dismantling of what has been one of the most impressive, sustained eras of scientific progress in human history. And yes, that really is happening. People "do the research" on #$%^ing Facebook, man.

And you know, that's different from the Chiefs' front 7 because....well because I don't like the #$%^& Chiefs. Not this week.

Sorry for all the naughty words.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
You’re giving me the finger because of my opinion on the CCP Virus vaccine?

What is wrong with people these days?

By the way, Robert Malone, the creator of the mRNA technology of the vaccine, doesn’t believe everyone should be vaccinated. Will you give him the finger too?
Anyone who calls it the "CCP Virus" has already flipped off millions of people. If you don't understand that, I can't help you.

I could write a whole crapload on yours and other FOX news claims about Robert Malone being the so called creator of mRNA technology, but you wouldn't believe it. Maybe you will believe what the Atlantic said? Probably not, it tends to be a bit left of center. So I doubt you will read it or believe it.

Saying "not everyone should get vaccinated" isn't new news with many vaccines. Of course there are groups that shouldn't get vaccinated, but that has nothing to do with the vaccination itself, but everything to do with the person you are saying shouldn't get one, an infant for example. So just because someone says "I don't recommend the vaccine for all", doesn't mean that person isn't recommending it for people outside those exceptions. People like Malone have tried to flip the script and make the vaccines the issue and not Covid itself. You and people like him egging on vaccine hesitancy will continue to receive the bird from me. Ignore me if you don't like it.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The flu killed one child last flu season. Covid killed far more. "Flu killed more kids" is one of those volume stats that just means it's been around for a really long time. Like, Paul Pierce is 16th all-time in scoring but that's mainly because he played for a really long time; nobody actually believes he's a better scorer than Jerry West but the volume numbers would say otherwise.
The flu killed 180 kids in 2019...not sure only one died last year.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh wow. Google is out to get us? The doctors that work at the CDC are not to be trusted? I'll just go back to trusting Bob the bricklayer on Facebook I guess.
Are you refuting the fact that google sensors information to their liking? It's about the most obvious thing I've ever seen...

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
It may seem silly to you, and I'm sure I seem uptight to you -- but when I see people announcing that they're "doing research" on essential scientific topics I see that as fueling the current dismantling of what has been one of the most impressive, sustained eras of scientific progress in human history. And yes, that really is happening. People "do the research" on #$%^ing Facebook, man.

And you know, that's different from the Chiefs' front 7 because....well because I don't like the #$%^& Chiefs. Not this week.

Sorry for all the naughty words.

Ok, we can agree to disagree on this one.

I see the politicization of the scientific community being at the root of dismantling our scientific progress, not the way people casually use the word "research."

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Right. Stop on by, I'll shine a light up your .....and give you an IV of disinfectant, you will be fine!

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone who calls it the "CCP Virus" has already flipped off millions of people. If you don't understand that, I can't help you.

So we should be mindful of the feelings of CCP members who unleashed this virus on the world? They need to be held accountable, not protected. If you don't understand that, I can't help you.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes?

If you want my opinion...

1) Some people just don't obey mask mandates.

2) Much of the spread comes in places where the mandates don't apply, like people's homes.

3) Many masks used in public spaces aren't actually effective (i.e. my kid's cotton dinosaur mask from Amazon is not what surgeons wear).

4) Very few people know how to wear masks properly or care to (medical professionals take classes on PPE use).

But the bottom line is that, as a public policy, they do not work, and to continue to mash the "mask mandate" button when it hasn't worked at any point is stupid.
The tiring point really is that sceptics are literally sceptical about ANYTHING.

"Vaccines work, but they are actually not really effective and there are all these horrible side effects."

Which are way more rare to get than covid side effects but critics always casually ignore that.

"Lockdowns are useless because people die anyway and most transmission happen inside homes."

Even though that the virus would have had to come from outside in the first place, so ofc a highly contagious virus gets transmitted more in homes where people are closer together.

"Masks work, but only the top quality stuff so why would i use a lesser one?"

idk, i think its such a spoiled 21st Westerner mentality to cynically strike any policy or proposed measure down that is even of the slightest convenience to yourself as an individual. When people do that it really sounds like they just want the gov to fix it without people having to give up an inch of their life.

Nobody wants to be in this mess, but we will have to do it together to get out of it. Think of it like voting, your vote will practically never matter but that doesnt mean you wont go out and vote

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, thats really the only thing you took away from my post? I def agree on that point on people who are critics of the current policies, but thats one of the few things only.

Also, dont take the vaccine cause the gov tells you, take the vaccine because it gets us out of this mess sooner and the chances on getting side effects are smaller than the chances are of getting side effects of COVID. It sounds kind of petty if you wouldnt take it just because the gov told you to
Just the part where I put it in bold print. Yes and you are on point that the vaccinated should be tested because as i've said they are also catching and spreading this which are exemplified by those in our current admin and these athletes.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If being a racist xenophobe is the answer for you, then good luck in life.
Come Poker...you know better than that. Has nothing to do with racism. You have to at least question everything is just coincidental about Wuhan and that guy who keeps telling us we need to wear masks.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. This is all about control, not science. None of the rules about Covid make any logical sense, including the NFL rules.

For example, a close contact that is unvaccinated must sit out. However, a vaccinated person who was a close contact does not. This makes no sense as vaccinated people can also transmit the virus. This is why they change the definition of vaccine and removed the word immunity. They literally changed the definition of vaccine to fit the current narrative. That’s how dishonest these people are.
Sorry, you lost me at its about control

And also at its propaganda. What other motive is their for the gov then getting the country out of this mess ASAP? Im sure they will recommend whatever works best.

And please tell us the credible sources, we are dying to hear them.
So we should be mindful of the feelings of CCP members who unleashed this virus on the world? They need to be held accountable, not protected. If you don't understand that, I can't help you.
Well I actually agree that China and specifically their ruling class is to be blamed so Im happy to see us being able to agree on at least something

U.P. Packfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, first off I want to say this: that's fine. I like interacting on this forum. I'm not trying to dunk on you or make you look like a fool. If you want to just move on, we can do that.

But here's my question if you want to answer it:

Do you believe that we could have eradicated covid? And if so, what do you base that on, given that every single other similar virus is now just a seasonal reality that we all live with?
First of all you are entitled to your opinion no matter how uninformed or dangerous it appears to be.
Could we have eradicated Covid? Probably not entirely but vaccines have done a great job if applied to enough of the population. Do you hear of Polio being a problem anymore, or TB? (I don't mean the QB here.) The big problem has been so many people who have been reluctant to get the vaccine. If we had a sufficient number of people vaccinated there is an excellent chance that we could wipe it out. The other part of the equation is the available ICU units where the disease is rampant. Right now in the local area where I live there is one open ICU bed between the 2 hospitals here. We are at or very near the highest infection rate since January. Don't tell me that it is all a hoax. Everybody who manages to avoid Covid or at least it's worst symptoms leaves more space for others who desperately need it. I hope and pray that Rodgers recovers well from this but there are no guarantees with this disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.