Aaron Rodgers has Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe you should stop watching the game in protest if you don't like the NFL rules.

No matter what you decide....from my family and the 5 million other families around the world, let me just say...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
You’re giving me the finger because of my opinion on the CCP Virus vaccine?

What is wrong with people these days?

By the way, Robert Malone, the creator of the mRNA technology of the vaccine, doesn’t believe everyone should be vaccinated. Will you give him the finger too?

AGreen2AJones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So if the government told you to wear a clown costume everywhere you go, you would think that's reasonable because of indecent exposure laws?

Actually, are you wearing a clown costume right now?

Lmao. Because you call it indecent? You can expose your germs to people but I can't expose my skin? Why are you telling me what to wear. That's why you people are the biggest hypocrites ever. You are the worst. I can wear what I want, right? Your mouth is no more or less indecent than my gentile or chest

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just here to say that I am happy that this happens now and not during the playoffs. Im also happy with how the team has handled it so far, given the incredibly difficult situation we are in. Last week we were high on the Cards game and felt like not only a Super Bowl but a continuation of the Arod chapter in GB was happening, now all is in doubt. However, I do want to weigh in on the whole COVID debate a bit.

I will tell a small story of my country (the Netherlands).Our population density is incredibly high as we have such a small country compared to the stretched out lands of the US, and that means our bars/clubs are also small and tightly packed usually. I do find it peculiar that I as a vaxed person can go inside freely by showing a QR code that says I am vaccinated, while I can still carry the virus around and actually still have a significant (albeit little smaller) chance of spreading it, whereas an unvaxed person has to test himself first. I do believe that I as a vaxed person, should also be tested when going to big or crowded events/establishments, and it is unfair to think that unvaxed people are per definition the only ones who can spread it and that measures should only be imposed on them. I dont really believe in pressuring this group, and I think its best to instead be respectful for any of their doubts (however baseless they may be sometimes) and patiently try to reason with them as imo they will otherwise only become more radical (I do feel that often they already question whether there is some globalist inner circle w** want to make/keep us sheeple and pressuring them surely wont help)

That being said, lockdowns, testing, masks mandates, vaccines 3 feet away and all that are all proven to work (if only for a small extent, but you do what you can and the "sacrifices" are really minimal). Furthermore, the plan never was to eradicate the virus (any sane person would understand that its hear to stay) with these measures but to mitigate their scope as it was a general surprise attack to our healthcare systems. I do agree that governments have sometimes overreacted, but I also feel like some slack can be cut, given that very few people alive have lived through (and can therefore only realistically have imagined) such a global health crisis as today.

Also, I cant for the life of me understand why you wouldn't take the vaccine after almost a year now of being able to have observed it being distributed under most of the world population now. The jury is out and the side effects are so extremely rare that ts really mind boggling why you wouldnt take one. I also find it funny how people want to look at the possible side effects of the vaccine through a magnifiying glass the size of the Empire State Building, but whimp away any side effects a corona infection might have. Its become such a political and tribalistic issue that unvaxxed people are incredibly entrenched.
That is the irony of it MOST vaccinated can still spread the virus and those who are vaccinated are getting it causing them to miss work or in this case miss games. I'm just looking in and still asking questions. I'm not against anyone getting the vaccine but I'm not going to get it just because the government said so and not mandate the flu shots yearly. Most are in agreement that this virus won't go away just like the flu. Doesn't add up.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I have seen this recently -- but it's a real problem and a large part of why I think people are having a hard time understanding COVID and medical science. It *is* in fact a specific term that refers to systematic investigation, and to increasing overall knowledge and understanding. The fact that it is currently in widespread misuse is a problem. It isn't only in science: consider the phrase "research and development", for instance.

I can't make you agree with me, I know that. But the erosion of science in our schools and in our culture is real, and considering "reading" the same thing as "research" is not just a little semantic issue. It diminishes the U.S.A., which is not something I take lightly.

This is silly, Don.

Everyone uses this word to refer to collecting information about a topic. It's a super common usage of the term. If I said, "I did a little research and it seems that the Chiefs are weak against inside zone rushes," no one would bat an eyelash.

If people want to use it to refer to systematic investigation involving scientific experimentation and so forth, it's incumbent on them to specify that.

This is like me criticizing someone for casually using the word "investigate" because it's only supposed to mean what a detective does at a crime scene. Come one now.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Lmao. Because you call it indecent? You can expose your germs to people but I can't expose my skin? Why are you telling me what to wear. That's why you people are the biggest hypocrites ever. You are the worst. I can wear what I want, right? Your mouth is no more or less indecent than my gentile or chest

Correct.

I can expose my germs to you in public spaces because there is literally no way of preventing that short of turning ourselves into bubble boys.

You can't expose your "gentiles" (lol) to me in public spaces because it's lewd and extremely preventable.

I am sorry that your lifelong dream of flashing your junk has been crushed. Hopefully you can find some new aspirations.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
And masks do prevent spread. Why do you think surgeons wear masks??

But again, you say it's you're freedom not to wear anything, so it's my freedom not to wear something over my junk. It's just another body part. There's nothing special about it.

I actually never said anything about my freedom not to wear a mask. You seemed to want to talk about it.

Properly worn, quality PPE prevents pathogen spread.

Society wide mask mandates don't work, as we've seen over and over again during this debacle.

The general population are not surgeons, the majority of masks are not effective, and the world is not an OR.

Hope this helps.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Society wide mask mandates don't work, as we've seen over and over again during this debacle.
Does it not work because masks aren't effective, or because ~50% of people still go maskless during a mask mandate?

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because clothes mandates effectively prevent me and my children from seeing people’s junk.

Mask mandates don’t effectively prevent covid spread.

They absolutely do. Just look at all the countries that did it. I will never understand the point at which the concept that masks, which cover the nose and mouth, can protect someone from getting and/or spreading a virus which is inhaled/expelled from the nose/mouth, became confusing...

Case in point; CDC states that the 2019/2020 flu season resulted in 24,000-62,000 deaths and 195 pediatric deaths while the 2020/2021 flu season (which saw plenty of masks) resulted in 646 deaths with one pediatric death. Before people start howling about the lockdown being the cause, the CDC defined the 2020/2021 flu season as 10/1/2020 - 4/1/2021, which was well after lockdowns had ended.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Guys, chill out. There’s tons of opinions on the craziness of Covid. This is a football thread. Sure, Covid definitely had a cause and effect relationship here, but that doesn’t change the rules and what’s going on. Rodgers is out. That’s the deal. Relax with each other. Let’s get back to GPG!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Does it not work because masks aren't effective, or because ~50% of people still go maskless during a mask mandate?

Yes?

If you want my opinion...

1) Some people just don't obey mask mandates.

2) Much of the spread comes in places where the mandates don't apply, like people's homes.

3) Many masks used in public spaces aren't actually effective (i.e. my kid's cotton dinosaur mask from Amazon is not what surgeons wear).

4) Very few people know how to wear masks properly or care to (medical professionals take classes on PPE use).

But the bottom line is that, as a public policy, they do not work, and to continue to mash the "mask mandate" button when it hasn't worked at any point is stupid.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They absolutely do. Just look at all the countries that did it. I will never understand the point at which the concept that masks, which cover the nose and mouth, can protect someone from getting and/or spreading a virus which is inhaled/expelled from the nose/mouth, became confusing...

Case in point; CDC states that the 2019/2020 flu season resulted in 24,000-62,000 deaths and 195 pediatric deaths while the 2020/2021 flu season (which saw plenty of masks) resulted in 646 deaths with one pediatric death. Before people start howling about the lockdown being the cause, the CDC defined the 2020/2021 flu season as 10/1/2020 - 4/1/2021, which was well after lockdowns had ended.
Flu deaths are just being reported as covid deaths. The flu did not just vanish off the face of the Earth because of half the country wearing masks.

The covid test is not accurate. The creator of the PCR test has said it should never be used in the way it is now!

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love the headlines,"UNVACCINATED Rodgers gets covid...."
Not one headline, "VACCINATED Psaki or Adams gets covid....

Anyway....getting back on track before i'm flagged, now that Rod is out Arizona has a better chance to prevent Packers from scoring 100pts.

AGreen2AJones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correct.

I can expose my germs to you in public spaces because there is literally no way of preventing that short of turning ourselves into bubble boys.

You can't expose your "gentiles" (lol) to me in public spaces because it's lewd and extremely preventable.

I am sorry that your lifelong dream of flashing your junk has been crushed. Hopefully you can find some new aspirations.
********** typo

And you're wrong. There's zero difference between mandating clothes and a mask. They are articles of clothing. Your mouth is lewd. You are just going to abritrarly define what's lewd? Nope you can't make the claim about freedom one way but not the other. You aren't forced to look. Keep your eyes to yourself, pervert.

You're the one assigning arbitrary meaning to a body part.

Krabs

Reaction score
Love the headlines,"UNVACCINATED Rodgers gets covid...."
Not one headline, "VACCINATED Psaki or Adams gets covid....

Anyway....getting back on track before i'm flagged, now that Rod is out Arizona has a better chance to prevent Packers from scoring 100pts.
Chiefs*

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually never said anything about my freedom not to wear a mask. You seemed to want to talk about it.

Properly worn, quality PPE prevents pathogen spread.

The general population are not surgeons, the majority of masks are not effective, and the world is not an OR.

Hope this helps.

Then I wonder why America was one of the worst developed nations in the world when measured in deaths per 100k...must be baseball's fault.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

There's a difference between saying "masks can't work" (I don't believe that) and "mask mandates don't work" (this is true).

I've worn a mask anywhere and any time I've been required to. I believe they can be effective depending on the mask, the virus, and how they're used.

But this pandemic has been replete with examples of mask mandates going into effect only to see zero impact on the spread of covid.

I also think that part of the reason we've seen a supposed decrease in influenza occurrences and death is because many of the common covid tests have picked up influenza as covid, thus inflating some of the covid numbers and deflating some of the flu numbers.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Then I wonder why America was one of the worst developed nations in the world when measured in deaths per 100k...must be baseball's fault.

I'm certain it's multi-factorial, but we're also one of the most obese nations on earth. I'd start there.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flu deaths are just being reported as covid deaths. The flu did not just vanish off the face of the Earth because of half the country wearing masks.

The covid test is not accurate. The creator of the PCR test has said it should never be used in the way it is now!

You really think doctors don't do blood sample work? Like, if you sneeze and have a headache then it's just covid? I can't imagine all the questions you'll have for your doctor if he tells you that you have a ruptured appendix or pancreitis.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the end its one game against an AFC opponent. The outcome of this game likely wont impact too much

Krabs

Reaction score
Should we get into illegal immigration and them being Covid over the border?

I don’t think any of this changes that Rodgers is out Sunday. Let’s embrace Love getting his first start! Who’s with me!

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm certain it's multi-factorial, but we're also one of the most obese nations on earth. I'd start there.

Ahh yes, the old it was secondary morbidity that did it. Like if I have a blood disorder and a bear attacks me and I die...it wasn't the bear that killed me, it was the blood disorder! No sense in trying to prevent bear attacks.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You really think doctors don't do blood sample work? Like, if you sneeze and have a headache then it's just covid? I can't imagine all the questions you'll have for your doctor if he tells you that you have a ruptured appendix or pancreitis.
You do know that it is a fact that the Covid test cannot differentiate between Covid and the flu right? This is common knowledge. That is why they are going to be changing the test, and magically the flu will return.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
********** typo

And you're wrong. There's zero difference between mandating clothes and a mask. They are articles of clothing. Your mouth is lewd. You are just going to abritrarly define what's lewd? Nope you can't make the claim about freedom one way but not the other. You aren't forced to look. Keep your eyes to yourself, pervert.

You're the one assigning arbitrary meaning to a body part.

Ok, then by all means please start going about town naked and see what happens. You might run into the harsh reality of my "arbitrary definition" pretty quickly.

I also don't think you understand that I have never flouted a mask mandate. I have worn them any place or time they've been mandated, and offered to wear them in other settings if people are made more comfortable.

But do you not see where your logic takes you? Can the government mandate us to wear cinder blocks on top of our heads? Can they mandate that we all have to wear 3D glasses at all times? If it's all just arbitrarily defined, then why not?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Ahh yes, the old it was secondary morbidity that did it. Like if I have a blood disorder and a bear attacks me and I die...it wasn't the bear that killed me, it was the blood disorder! No sense in trying to prevent bear attacks.

You're not having a discussion in good faith.

You asked why the US death count was poor relative to other nations.

Obese people are likelier to die from covid and the US is an obese country.

Pointing that out has nothing to do with your statement above.

Status
Not open for further replies.