Aaron Rodgers has Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can promise you nobody on the Packers or in the NFL really cares about whether Rodgers was vaccinated or not. If they have the vaccine, they don't care. If they're unvaccinated themselves, they also don't care. So, it's all theater at this point. These restrictions/rules are a sham.
How can you be so sure? As it stands had he been vaccinated maybe he would not have gotten covid and he could play against the Chiefs. If he had been vaccinated and still got it its possible he could still play with 2 negative tests. Its not beyond the realm of possibility that some players, especially those who may be vaccinated themselves, hold some sort of resentment towards Rodgers if he is not vaccinated. I wouldn't expect any of them to come out and say so but I also wouldn't be surprised to find out some of them do care. I certainly wouldn't be so presumptuous as to say no one cares if he has been vaccinated. In fact I'd be rather surprised to find out that no one cares.

Reaction score
From 1980 through 2019 between 7.9-8.9 per thousand died in the US (The lowest death rate was 7.9 per thousand in 2009 or .79%)

For comparison, in 2019 that number was 8.7 persons per thousand (.87%) and death number was 2.85Mil people. 2019 had 15,633 more deaths than 2018.

In 2020 , 3.43mil people died. That is 10.41 per 1000. (1.41%). We were not in pace for that death rate until the year 2035-2036 based on birth rate. 572,000 more people died in 2020 than 2019.

2020 was the highest death rate per capita since 1943 (WWII) The only era higher was the Spanish flu before 1920.

Can someone who thinks deaths are falsely blamed on Covid please address this and tell me what caused a 75 year high or 572,000 (anomoly) -16,000 (normal) =556,000 NET deaths?
Or are we now claiming the Health n Human services falsified death records for all these years in grande conspiracy!
Are they now burying empty caskets and having fake funerals?
That be the only other logical answer unless you can state what caused these deaths. If not it’s now factual.

We should have 2021 death records to back this up in the coming months.

Last edited:

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think so, but you would think it was less than that when so many vaccinated people are still catching this virus.
Don't want to turn this into a vaccination discussion, but it all a question of probabilities. Last stat I saw said 4% of vaccinated still can catch another strain, but then it still is a vague statistic.

I'm not sure if AR was vaccinated, as he's danced around the issue like he's facing a rush.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
immunized: make (a person or animal) immune to infection, typically by inoculation.

He did not lie. His personal health decisions having nothing to do with "being a team player" or "good leader". You've got to be kidding me.
If you are vaccinated, you would use the word "vaccinated". He's supposedly smart enough to know that by saying "immunized" instead of "vaccinated", people are going to think he's not vaccinated.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why does he owe it to the media to tell them the truth? So he can get ripped like Kirk Cousins did?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The pandemic is over. Just let it die already. This is getting ridiculous.
Say that to my good friends husband...His wife just died from it. No other health issues. 2 weeks of being dx, lungs filled up with fibirous crap. She struggle in her breathing and when Dr said she would die, they said either suffer or get on ventilator.. She took ventilator. Passed very soon after.

And one of her drs? Brother in law who is Dr for milwaukee bucks

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stupid to not think for yourself when putting something irreversible into your body.
Yes we all have a right to do what we want with our own bodies. I still would rather be vaccinated than not be vaccinated. There are risks with everything in life—- even in getting out of bed in the morning!!! Lol. Yes you can still get covid with vaccinations but I would much rather suffer through a mild case than die in a hospital. Just my opinion

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You do know that it is a fact that the Covid test cannot differentiate between Covid and the flu right? This is common knowledge. That is why they are going to be changing the test, and magically the flu will return.
That is why what oldschool said to do makes sense. Consider the increase or lack there of total deaths and it will not matter if it was the flu or covid or doctors lying about cause of death. If the number of total deaths have not increased expotentially then you have a point. If they have which I suspect is true I don't give a ratsshit about your magic flu.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't thought about ramifications for Rodgers' lying. You make some interesting points.
We are going to need an extra draft pick when they trade him to make up for the pick the NFL takes away for his not following the unvaccinated protocols.

Southside

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL will be examining the way the Green Bay Packers adhere to the league’s COVID-19 protocols after quarterback Aaron Rodgers tested positive for the virus.

A source confirmed an NFL Network report that Rodgers was not vaccinated and thus subject to much tougher rules about social distancing, mask wearing and testing.

There were abundant photos on social media of a Halloween party that Rodgers apparently attended over the weekend, possibly violating a rule that states unvaccinated players “are prohibited from gathering in groups of more than three” players outside of the facility or while on the road.

In addition, Rodgers has been attending news conferences without a mask despite the fact he is required to wear one indoors at all times.

The NFL requires teams to provide at least 30 days of video surveillance of the facility so that the NFL can check that teams are following protocols. They can fine players $14,650 for each offense and punish clubs however severely they wish.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

At the maximum, a repeat offender can face increased discipline, including conduct detrimental to the team with a maximum fine amount equal to one week’s salary and/or suspension without pay for a period of up to four weeks.

In a statement, the NFL indicated it would be auditing the Packers.

“The primary responsibility for enforcement of the COVID Protocols within Club facilities rests with each club,” the statement said. “Failure to properly enforce the protocols has resulted in discipline being assessed against individual clubs in the past. The league is aware of the current situation in Green Bay and will be reviewing with the Packers.”

Among the other rules Rodgers would have to follow as an unvaccinated player are:

* Saunas and steam rooms may not be used.

* Locker must not be within six feet of another players’.

* Must be at least 6 feet away from other players while eating in cafeteria.

* Public and private transportation not related to the game are prohibited on the road.

* Cannot leave the hotel and eat at a restaurant while on the road.

Coach Matt LaFleur said the league has never told the Packers that they have violated protocols and said he was confident they had not.

“I watch what these guys do,” LaFleur said. “I can only speak to our football space. But yeah, absolutely. We’ve got cameras everywhere. I think our guys do an outstanding job with it.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
With the current therapeutics, there is no need for healthy individuals to get vaccinated.
Did you read that on the back of your cereal box?

Disinformation like this, is exactly why Covid has been an uphill battle since the day 45 declared it wasn't an issue on 1/22/20.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From 1980 through 2019 between 7.9-8.9 per thousand died in the US (The lowest death rate was 7.9% per thousand in 2009 or .79%)

For comparison, in 2019 that number was 8.7 persons per thousand (.87%) and death number was 2.85Mil people. 2019 had 15,633 more deaths than 2018.

In 2020 , 3.43mil people died. That is 10.41 per 1000. (1.41%). We were not in pace for that death rate until the year 2035-2036 based on birth rate. 572,000 more people died in 2020 than 2019.

2020 was the highest death rate per capita since 1943 (WWII) The only era higher was the Spanish flu before 1920.

Can someone who thinks deaths are falsely blamed on Covid please address this and tell me what caused a 75 year high or an additional 572,000 people to die verses the normal 15,000 year to year variance? Or are we now claiming the Health n Human services falsified death records? Are they burying empty caskets?
That be the only other logical answer unless you can state what caused these deaths. If not it’s now factual.

We should have 2021 death records to back this up in the coming months.
Game, set, match.
Checkmate.
The fat lady has sung.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
That’s an interesting question. I know the answer. Roughly. It’ll also put this argument to bed that these deaths are “made up” for some political gain or to gain some strategic advantage.
We also couldn’t do this until very recently, so you would not have access to the result even 12 months ago.

Warning: Don’t do this if you’ve made it political or personal and you dont want the truth or you don’t want to be wrong. This will take a bit and I’m not doing it for you.

1. Take the total number of deaths in your nation (for those not in the States) in each year going back 10 years before covid started (through 2019)
Total deaths from every known cause.

2. Find the average rate over 10 years (great sample size) of increase or decrease in deaths per national population.

3. Throw out the 1 high

4. Throw out the 1 low.

Use those 8 years information as your average mean for rate in % of death per total population.

5. Take 2020 and calculate the rate of death on % per population. All deaths not just covid. Public record

6. At the close of 2021 take the death % for population. Public record

7. Compare the overall rate of death for each year 2020/2021 to the mean.
Is the % higher?
Is the % lower?
Is the % about same?

8. Put the argument to rest as these death rates are not disputed nor have they been for the prior decade.
That is exactly what I've thought since June 2020 when it came out that their was what my doctor refers to as the "Covid Bonus". I've always felt since then that the solution you laid out very well is the only way we'll ever even get a reasonably close estimate of the real death toll.
My opinion still is that the numbers being thrown around are now, and always have been garbage.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Wow, what in the world happened here?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts