Aaron Rodgers Attitude

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure how to take this, I admit, but from my inference:

I am 100% OK with Brady doing this and would be 100% OK with Rodgers doing it too. If you're hyper-competitive-- and you have to be to succeed as these guys do-- then this is how you are going to feel when it goes bad.

What I see is Brady mad at himself. I am pretty sure Rodgers gets just as upset in such situations; he just shows it differently. They hold themselves to a certain standard and it kills them when they don't reach it.

Yes, some here rip Rodgers every chance they get. Fine, I keep scolling. But if he's got a teammate who'd be bothered to see this... well, I wonder how that teammate got to the NFL.
Let me rephrase my comment. According to the original post here this would be an example of poor attitude. I personally have no issue or don't care. I just find it annoying at the hypocrisy some of the members have here with Rodgers when it comes to his attitude. Some of us would be bashing him if he did that.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's 2 types of people. Those that bash Rodgers' leadership, and those that make fun of those people that bash Rodger's leadership.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's 2 types of people. Those that bash Rodgers' leadership, and those that make fun of those people that bash Rodger's leadership.
Actually.... there is what I would assume is the majority of us that understands that while Rodgers is not perfect, he is better than most QBs in history, and that while we may occasionally criticize something about him.... we recognize how lucky the Packers and their fans have been to have him.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually.... there is what I would assume is the majority of us that understands that while Rodgers is not perfect, he is better than most QBs in history, and that while we may occasionally criticize something about him.... we recognize how lucky the Packers and their fans have been to have him.

He's no Patrick Mahomes but until the last 40 games, Rodgers was the best qb to ever play in the NFL. But that doesn't mean he's not a dbag sometimes, everyone is...

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he's better than Patrick Mahomes. He may look more athletic at the moment being 12 years younger and with a lot less miles but he also has had a lot of help in looking good. Not saying he's not, because he is, but he's been able to flip a ball out at any level on a broken type play and has had legitimate take it to the house every time players to flip it too. It helps. Rodgers has had some good passing targets over the years, don't get me wrong, but i don't think many of them come close to the natural big play ability that mahomes has been throwing too at their respective positions.

There's going to come a time when being the better QB is going to have to carry him, then we'll see. more athletic? sure. Better? debatable.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well idk Rodgers started out with driver, jennings, nelson, jones shortly there after Finley

So Rodgers had a pretty all star recieving group at one point and for years. But lately yeah he has few weapons.

The things Mahomes has done in his first 40 starts have been much better than what Rodgers did. He has at least 2 tds in 29 of 40 starts. He's 32-8 and averaging 31 points over those 8 losses. 101 tds to 19 ints. So even on Rodgers most precious stat Mahomes is better.

I do give you this and it's big Mahomes has to do that 3 more times to get to 400 tds and around 86 ints. So we'll see...

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well idk Rodgers started out with driver, jennings, nelson, jones shortly there after Finley

So Rodgers had a pretty all star recieving group at one point and for years. But lately yeah he has few weapons.

The things Mahomes has done in his first 40 starts have been much better than what Rodgers did. He has at least 2 tds in 29 of 40 starts. He's 32-8 and averaging 31 points over those 8 losses. 101 tds to 19 ints. So even on Rodgers most precious stat Mahomes is better.

I do give you this and it's big Mahomes has to do that 3 more times to get to 400 tds and around 86 ints. So we'll see...
Finley was always a tease, drops and injuries then done. Had some nice stretches. He's no Kelce. WR's were good for Rodgers, they helped Rodgers Rodgers helped them. But none of the were Hunt, no longer there, Hill, Kelce etc. Even Alex smith despite being a short pass thrower was leading an offense that was league leading in long TD's because of those guys.

mahomes is good, but i'm going to see what he does when he doesn't have video game players at all the skill positions.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley was always a tease, drops and injuries then done. Had some nice stretches. He's no Kelce. WR's were good for Rodgers, they helped Rodgers Rodgers helped them. But none of the were Hunt, no longer there, Hill, Kelce etc. Even Alex smith despite being a short pass thrower was leading an offense that was league leading in long TD's because of those guys.

mahomes is good, but i'm going to see what he does when he doesn't have video game players at all the skill positions.

Rodgers had a video game pass catching group until at least 2012. So for his first 4 years as a starter.

And as for Finley, he is the best Packers tight end since mark chumura/Kieth Jackson. When he got injured he was playing so well, it had clearly all come together for him at 26. He was an immature guy so it took him a little longer to get it. But he was on pace for over 1000 yards and 10 tds that season. Had he not been injured he would of been right there with kelce as a top 3 te.

The only guy that's an outlier there is tyreek hill...Rodgers has never had a guy like that but then again there's only been one. And career wise he's still not better than 3 of the guys Rodgers started out with

Aaron jones is every bit as good as kareem hunt...

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think ARod's attitude is just so much better this year. I like it. And I believe we play looser because of it.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's no Patrick Mahomes but until the last 40 games, Rodgers was the best qb to ever play in the NFL. But that doesn't mean he's not a dbag sometimes, everyone is...
He's no Patrick Mahomes? I'm assuming we're referring to talent? What has Mahomes done that Rodgers hasn't done throughout his career? This is what confuses me when people call Mahomes the most talented QB. That title belongs to Rodgers as he's pretty much done everything Mahomes has done and longer. Until Mahomes can show he can do it for just as long, I still say Rodgers is the most talented QB. Mahomes has the makings to outdo Rodgers though. But I feel people are prisoners of the moment in regards to him.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers had a video game pass catching group until at least 2012. So for his first 4 years as a starter.

And as for Finley, he is the best Packers tight end since mark chumura/Kieth Jackson. When he got injured he was playing so well, it had clearly all come together for him at 26. He was an immature guy so it took him a little longer to get it. But he was on pace for over 1000 yards and 10 tds that season. Had he not been injured he would of been right there with kelce as a top 3 te.

The only guy that's an outlier there is tyreek hill...Rodgers has never had a guy like that but then again there's only been one. And career wise he's still not better than 3 of the guys Rodgers started out with

Aaron jones is every bit as good as kareem hunt...
I have never understood this revisionist nostalgia for Finley. He was a good tight end for a very short time. There have been many better ones for a much longer time.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have never understood this revisionist nostalgia for Finley. He was a good tight end for a very short time. There have been many better ones for a much longer time.
Finley was someone imo who never lived up to his potential. There was a reason he was called Stone Hands. By the time he was actually starting to live up to said potential, he suffered that career ending neck injury. Finely had the makings of being one of the best tight ends in the league, but sadly he never reached his full potential.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley was someone imo who never lived up to his potential. There was a reason he was called Stone Hands. By the time he was actually starting to live up to said potential, he suffered that career ending neck injury. Finely had the makings of being one of the best tight ends in the league, but sadly he never reached his full potential.
That is true ... but NfL history is overflowing with players that had great potential that was never realized for one reason or another. I see nothing wrong with looking back and wishing we could have seen more from Finley, but in the context of looking back at Rodgers’ career and saying something to the effect that he had a great tight end is, in my opinion, overstating things. As you say, Finley was just starting to come into his own and be recognized as a serious threat when his career abruptly ended.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is true ... but NfL history is overflowing with players that had great potential that was never realized for one reason or another. I see nothing wrong with looking back and wishing we could have seen more from Finley, but in the context of looking back at Rodgers’ career and saying something to the effect that he had a great tight end is, in my opinion, overstating things. As you say, Finley was just starting to come into his own and be recognized as a serious threat when his career abruptly ended.
This is why when people use Finley as a credible source in regards to criticizing Rodgers, I roll my eyes for the most part.

D

Deleted member 6794

Rodgers definitely had a very good receiving corps early in his career with the Packers but certainly not on a level like the one Mahomes has at his disposal in Kansas City.

Finley was a talented player but he didn't produce even close to the numbers Kelce has put up.

For the record, Finley had a total of 223 receptions for 2,785 yards and 20 touchdowns in his career. Kelce has had 341 receptions for 4,372 yards and 29 TDs in the three and a half seasons since Mahomes became the starter.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This is not about Rodgers performance. This is about his attitude. He is the only QB that sits the bench with a smug look, when he’s loosing and does not do a single thing to pump up his defense. Don’t get me wrong, I love AR12. But I absolutely hate this about him.
Proved u wrong

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I was being sarcastic...

And my comment wasn`t specifically aimed at you but I can understand it may have looked that way for which I`m sorry.
I stand by my comment in that it proves nothing. :tup:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While we all may be upset about the lack of emotion and energy out of the team today, it's not Rodgers's job to coach them up. Hell if he did, the anti Rodgers trolls here would then say he's undermining LaFleur.

Think the big problem is right now we don't have a Reggie White, LeRoy Butler or Charles Woodson out there to fire the guys up. That's what I think we need to make sure Rodgers gets one more trip to the SB bringing home the Lombardi.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts