49er Game-- Winners and Losers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

Josh Sitton - was absolutely manhandling Justin Smith, who repeatedly cried to the refs, and got calls all game long.
I didn't zero in on Sitton the whole game, but his three penalties killed three good runs. He's supposed to be our best and most experienced lineman. Justin Smith didn't get a sack, but I sure wouldn't say he got "manhandled".

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last I checked, human beings aren't equipped with air brakes. Not sure what you're complaining about. Refs decided to give you guys a free down after that play anyway.

Did you even watch the play? He didn't just bump him with forward momentum. He he wrapped him up around his neck and shoulder and pulled him to the ground after he was way out of bounds.

Fabio + roid-rage = Clay Matthews.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on... Kaep was already out of bounds before he jumped. He didn't make contact until Kaep was almost out of the white! Lol... You're defending a player on your team, I get it. There was nothing justifiable about that play, however.
And then your punk OL came over and lost his cool. Should have cost you guys a down and you'd have kicked a FG instead of getting a TD. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you even watch the play? He didn't just bump him with forward momentum. He he wrapped him up around his neck and shoulder and pulled him to the ground after he was way out of bounds.

That is a bit of a stretch. Upper torso/ shoulders for sure for sure, but not around the neck. He didn't so much pull as his momentum and weight propelled Megamind down to the ground once they made contact.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that Clay Matthews being a classless player cost his team 4 points.
That wasn't my point on that at all. actually it was that the rules were improperly enforced and you were the beneficiaries of it. Don't twist my words into something I didn't say. "Class" is also relative, get your ******* out of a bunch.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This makes no sense.

How so, what I said was hardly contradictory. Neither Matthews nor Perry aggressively attacked the edges or applied jet/arc rushes. Maybe we saw different things but I saw a lot of classic QB contain with the outside rushers maintaining their positions along the edges of the line.

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That wasn't my point on that at all. actually it was that the rules were improperly enforced and you were the beneficiaries of it. Don't twist my words into something I didn't say. "Class" is also relative, get your ******* out of a bunch.

If Matthews didn't make good on the cheap shots he publicly announced he was going to make on Kaepernick, there would have been no call at all.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
How so, what I said was hardly contradictory. Neither Matthews nor Perry aggressively attacked the edges or applied jet/arc rushes. Maybe we saw different things but I saw a lot of classic QB contain with the outside rushers maintaining their positions along the edges of the line.

Something Erik Walden didnt do

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Weak and petty, dude. Matthews has never had a positive drug test and has said he would have no problem with a random drug test any day, any time. He's also one of the ones calling for the NFL to test for HGH, so your 'roid ******** can walk.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then what is your point?
You were gifted a TD that shouldn't have been. For all you bluster over this last week about wanting to see the rules properly enforced and not have players or teams benefit from BS officiating, the 9'ers sure got a nice bit of assistance. Which you seem entirely content in accepting since your team was the beneficiary of said improper officiating.

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought what Clay did was awesome. He server'd notice to Kaperpunk that you can run but you can't hide.

As a 49ers fan I totally agree. He drew a personal foul, and after all his smack talk and ******* Kaepernick's leg all game long - Kaep threw for 69%, 3 touchdowns, 0 interceptions and 412 yards.

Totally clowned.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
******* his leg all day long? I don't remember our pass rush getting to Megamind all that often.

H

HardRightEdge

I didn't zero in on Sitton the whole game, but his three penalties killed three good runs. He's supposed to be our best and most experienced lineman. Justin Smith didn't get a sack, but I sure wouldn't say he got "manhandled".
Justin Smith flopped on two of those three penalties.

I've yet to hear any media folks comment on it, but I see at least one instance of flopping in nearly every game. The O-lineman engages the defender in a fundamentally sound position, has hold of the jersey inside the pads (which is generally considered standard operating procedure in the NFL), and then the defender steps back and throws his arms in the air as he falls on his a** exposing the O-Lineman's grip on the jersey.

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You were gifted a TD that shouldn't have been. For all you bluster over this last week about wanting to see the rules properly enforced and not have players or teams benefit from BS officiating, the 9'ers sure got a nice bit of assistance. Which you seem entirely content in accepting since your team was the beneficiary of said improper officiating.

The call against Staley was questionable and the call against Matthews was a no brainer. You lost by 6 points anyway. There were also plenty of Packers getting non-calls for holding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts