49er Game-- Winners and Losers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobgodd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, you said rode him down BY THE NECK/HEAD. He didn't grab his neck or head at all. Hence, you're a bald-faced liar in a weak attempt to make the play seem worse than it was.
This is getting a bit out of hand. If his hand was any higher I would have had to say helmet... but you might still have corrected me and said "IT WAS ONLY THE FACEMASK STUPID NINER FAN".

I love how you apparently think a guy in the air can change his trajectory so as to not "ride" someone the the ground. Stop trying to further vilify a play that we're already universally said was unnecessary. If you're looking for sympathy you won't find it here, better luck with that with your compatriots.

So anyways guys, Redskins next. About RG3's performance tonight.....
Trajectory has nothing to do with where his arm was wrapped around. Trajectory has nothing to do with a handful of jersey. Trajectory has nothing to do with not knowing how to not wrap the arm or let go of the jersey sometime within the 4 yards that those two players fell to the ground. I noticed he found a way to unwrap his left arm before Kaepernick fell on it... Convenient no?

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is getting a bit out of hand. If his hand was any higher I would have had to say helmet... but you might still have corrected me and said "IT WAS ONLY THE FACEMASK STUPID NINER FAN".

Trajectory has nothing to do with where his arm was wrapped around. Trajectory has nothing to do with a handful of jersey. Trajectory has nothing to do with not knowing how to not wrap the arm or let go of the jersey sometime within the 4 yards that those two players fell to the ground. I noticed he found a way to unwrap his left arm before Kaepernick fell on it... Convenient no?
hahahahaahaha, cry me a river.

Also "trajectory" has everything to do with it since your point is about how Clay "rode" Megamind to the ground. Never mind that even if he dislodged himself they would have both still been on top of each other. Split hairs all you want. I've already moved on to our next opponents, why are you still here? Feel like you have something to prove?

Last edited:

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is getting a bit out of hand. If his hand was any higher I would have had to say helmet...

Dude, you lied. You got caught. So what? There are worse things than being a liar. You could be a hypocrite like Harbawl.

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hahahahaahaha, cry me a river.

Also "trajectory" has everything to do with it since your point is about how Clay "rode" Megamind to the ground. Never mind that even if he dislodged himself they would have both still been on top of each other. Split hairs all you want. I've already moved on to our next opponents, why are you still here? Feel like you have something to prove?

Kaepernick was already way out of bounds by the time Clay Matthews leaped at him.

Had he let go they would've made contact, but that's still better than being clotheslined from behind just below his chin, slamming his back and head on the ground.

It was a deliberate cheap shot and you know it was a deliberate cheap shot. Even as you type your denial to this post you do so knowing you are not typing the truth.

robertk328

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is a bit of a stretch. Upper torso/ shoulders for sure for sure, but not around the neck. He didn't so much pull as his momentum and weight propelled Megamind down to the ground once they made contact.
You mean like this?

Attachments

• 2013-09-09 20.17.29.jpg
    2013-09-09 20.17.29.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 112

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THis discussion is getting tiresome. It was a late hit by Clay and an obvious foul. He later admitted he shouldn't have done it.

Now however it's Harbaugh and co. who are taking the cheap shots through the media. Typical Harbaugh. Sure, as a coach he has every right to call out such a foul on his QB, but like the ***hole that he is, he won't let it go and has chosen to make several comments in the media about Clay that are cheap in their own way.

However good a coach Harbaugh is, and he's definitely good, he has no class. You can rightly call out Clay on that hit, but the irony is that yeah, Clay may "have to repair his image" like Harbaugh said, but Harbaugh has once again used this incident to confirm his image as a undignified whining *** who will use anything to get something. That's Harbaugh's "image".

Harbaugh is riding high now and can get away with it because his team is on top, but the thing about the NFL with the salary cap is that it's very hard to stay there. When the 9ers are facing that cap and having to try to re-sign their Staleys, Iupatis, Aldon and Justin Smiths and Colin Kaepernicks who will command huge new salaries and some of which they will no doubt lose to FA, then they will face what a lot of other teams have had to, and then Harbaugh may not have as much room to talk.

Harbaugh may be right that Clay has to repair his image, but that's because Clay is respected in this league. Harbaugh is a good coach, but just because you win doesn't mean you are respected.

Last edited:

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
with as many opportunities as clay has had over his career to purposely wound an opposing QB, and he never has, I DOUBT he will neeed to repair any "image" that HarBawl is trying to impose on him. Hell, if he was out to hurt QB's, Jay Cuntler wouldn't even be alive. We are talking about CM3 here, not that dirty pig N. Suh from the Lions.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Oh, and you want to talk "dirty" paly? How about Staley trying to cut block the knees of CM3? That may have also pissed off clay. I saw that low down dirty crap MANY times during the game.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harbaugh may be right that Clay has to repair his image, but that's because Clay is respected in this league. Harbaugh is a good coach, but just because you win doesn't mean you are respected.

CM3 doesn't have to "repair his image." Even ****** Aikman said on replay it wasn't as bad as it appeared live. The only one talking about repairing any image is Dim Harbawl. I would say if he keeps it up then Harbawl would be the one needing his image repaired, but he's always been a whiny ***** so he's maintaining his image just fine.

Last edited:

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, and you want to talk "dirty" paly? How about Staley trying to cut block the knees of CM3? That may have also pissed off clay. I saw that low down dirty crap MANY times during the game.
Players emulate their coaches. When you have dirty POS coaches like Harbawl and Schwartz, you create dirty POS players.

Mighty Mike 77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am disapointed. I read the pure Results of the Pre-Season and thought by myself, that this has nothing to say, it's Off-Season.

Right now, i think the results didn't lie. We STILL have a problem on the defensive side of the ball, and instead of an Improvement compare to last season it just got bigger, as far as i am conceirned. Simple Passes over the Middle were enough? C'mon....you could have done better ....you had almost 9 Months....

Offense? Are we still that onedimensional as last year? Rogers is that strong, that you don't need a solid running game?

I don't think so.

If we didn't get in our pants and work harder on these two massive problems, the season might be much shorter than we thought it would be.....

Matthews: This thing can happen, if you're hype. It wasn't his fault, that we lost that Game.

2 Cents from Germany....

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm enjoying the forgone conclusion that first: Michael Crabtree is going to return this season, and second: be just as effective as he was last year when he returns.

Mighty Mike 77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But what's wrong with the running game? Just struggling because of the 49er Defense, or still weak? We lost so many Games, when the other team got after Rodgers, he can't pass all night long!

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To whoever said that Crabtree is a scrub... the guy stuck it to us in the playoff game last year, so I don't know where you are coming up with that.

Regardless, and nobody is talking about this point... the reason we lost the game is simple...

How many mistakes did the 49ers make Sunday afternoon?

How many did the Packers make?

Who DOMINATED time of possession?

This is why we lost. Plain and simple.

At this point the 49ers are better than we are. Long season.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Back to the title of this thread, Winners and Losers: HUGE Winner: Mason Crosby. I thought he was nothing short of fantastic!

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But what's wrong with the running game? Just struggling because of the 49er Defense, or still weak? We lost so many Games, when the other team got after Rodgers, he can't pass all night long!
It was the first game, you have a lot of "Green" players in there and as you said the 49ers have a good defense. I feel confident the running game will improve and become a factor as the season progresses.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point the 49ers are better than we are. Long season.
The gap is minimal, if at all. Legitimately, we should have only been 2 points behind with 3 seconds left. As it was, we were in position to potentially win on a Hail Mary. If the score had been what it should have been, we would have had a shot at a 59 yard FG to win. The wind was to our back and while it would have been a record for that stadium by a considerable margin, it wouldn't have been out of the realm of possibility. I don't see more than 2-3 losses on the remaining schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts