2023 week 5 MNF in Vegas

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
After ten days to lick their wounds and hopefully fix a few things the Packers go out to the Nevada desert to hopefully hit the bye week with a winning record. A spot not many put them at before camp opened.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I don't think the Packers are going to go into any game this season where I feel confident they will get a win. I think Jimmy G. will be back from his concussion. He has an extra day to rest with it being a Monday night game. I also feel that Jacobs hasn't had a big game yet this season. It kind of feels like a get right game for him against the Packers abysmal rushing defense. I do feel like the Packers are the better team, but I don't think it will be a blow out. One bad turnover for the Pack could cost them this one. The offense has been horrendous and extremely streaky. Both teams rank in the bottom both offensively and defensively. I'm going to say the Packers win this one, but it will be low scoring and a tight one. Packers 13 Raiders 10 in a snoozer.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A big key will be whether or not Devante Adams is healthy and playing. If not, their offense is no better than ours. I have not seen any updates on his shoulder beyond his post-game comments.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stokes back at practice today.

James Robinson brought in for a workout...I'm a fan of that type of addition to the roster.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Stokes back at practice today.

James Robinson brought in for a workout...I'm a fan of that type of addition to the roster.
They need to do something at RB. Jones is great, but Dillon has stunk. Then there is no one behind them.

Reaction score
In other news.

Elgton Jenkins was practicing today
Eric Stokes was practicing today
Musgrave was practicing
J’aire Alexander participated in Individual Drills. Any 2 from this group would be well received and any 3 would be enormous. IF Elgton is cleared it’s a huge deal because we can keep Tom at RT and shore up our left side some.

It seems we held out our borderline players on last weeks injury list. All the while knowing we would have a long break going into Monday night, Then a Bye week afterwards. It sounded like a calculated risk holding players back against the better team (Lions) and bringing them gradually back after the long 11 day break at The Raiders

This would be a good contest to steal a Road Win and get back to a Winning record at 3-2. I know last week was ugly, but squeaking out a Road Win would go a long ways to building confidence.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
To be fair, until we get OL blocking to occur - NO ONE is going to do much at all.
Mike Wahle tears the OL a new one in this video. Says the defense knows where the run is going based on stance and lineup depth and distance. Half hour long but edumacashunal.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After ten days to lick their wounds and hopefully fix a few things the Packers go out to the Nevada desert to hopefully hit the bye week with a winning record. A spot not many put them at before camp opened.
The Raiders are licking theirs as well. Two teams with new starting QBs this season. Storied franchises wanting to perform on the MNF stage for the national crowd. They may not be Dallas and Frisco but they will put on a good show.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A big key will be whether or not Devante Adams is healthy and playing. If not, their offense is no better than ours. I have not seen any updates on his shoulder beyond his post-game comments.
He will play.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the Packers are going to go into any game this season where I feel confident they will get a win. I think Jimmy G. will be back from his concussion. He has an extra day to rest with it being a Monday night game. I also feel that Jacobs hasn't had a big game yet this season. It kind of feels like a get right game for him against the Packers abysmal rushing defense. I do feel like the Packers are the better team, but I don't think it will be a blow out. One bad turnover for the Pack could cost them this one. The offense has been horrendous and extremely streaky. Both teams rank in the bottom both offensively and defensively. I'm going to say the Packers win this one, but it will be low scoring and a tight one. Packers 13 Raiders 10 in a snoozer.
Every game the rest of the way will be tough sledding for the Packers. The only gimme might be at the very end. And that is when they host the Bears on the FROZEN tundra.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Wahle tears the OL a new one in this video. Says the defense knows where the run is going based on stance and lineup depth and distance. Half hour long but edumacashunal.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Very good analysis by a former top NFL guard who was blocking during the second of the two greatest rushing eras in Packer history. He is right about the telegraphing. But fundamentals are more of it. Are there too many variances in the formation for this young offense too handle? It was said that opponents knew what Lombardi's Packers were running yet they dared opponents to stop them. And that was because their execution was so good. But in Lombardi's day he spent hours and hours practicing the run game and only a portion on the passing game. I doubt any team practices the run as much today. And even though the Lions have that good of a defense pure fundamentals could have produced much more than we saw.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Very good analysis by a former top NFL guard who was blocking during the second of the two greatest rushing eras in Packer history.
His videos breaking down the trenches are always informative. His and JT's about the QB school are ones I try to find.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not happy with the way the Packers have played, even in their victories. Too sloppy. Too many mistakes. I hope they start focusing on the details. Cut out 80% of the playbook and focus on 20%. Will be better team if they execute 20 plays at a high level than 100 plays marginally.

Mike Wahle, referenced above, thinks the Packers need more toughness. And I believe that is true. But I think play/role understanding would help in a big way.

The Raiders have plenty of issues, but I think the Packers can exploit the Raider defense. After being humiliated against the run, the Packers take a long look at it and makes some adjustments.

Packers 27 raiders 13.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should be a win. Show improvement, come out healthy. Pack, 31-17
I don't know if we'll score 31 but I hope we come out healthy even tho we will be going into a bye. We cannot afford to lose a
To be fair, until we get OL blocking to occur - NO ONE is going to do much at all.
True, but nobody on this roster can make something out of nothing like Jones can. He had a long run Thursday night that illustrates that. I understand why he was on a snap count but IMO it was nuts to not even attempt to hand him the ball for a run until well into the second quarter.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if we'll score 31 but I hope we come out healthy even tho we will be going into a bye. We cannot afford to lose a

True, but nobody on this roster can make something out of nothing like Jones can. He had a long run Thursday night that illustrates that. I understand why he was on a snap count but IMO it was nuts to not even attempt to hand him the ball for a run until well into the second quarter.
Having Jenkins back will make a huge difference.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regrettably - Barry is still calling the plays on Defense. Jacobs is due for a break out game. Raiders 30 Pack 16

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will be a horrible. Love isn't the answer. Trade for Any.one

Def sucks.

ST suck

Fire Matt

There. That is how it will be late Monday
Make sure you remind the Raiders how bad we are. Don't want them to worry.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should be a winnable game.

Our passing game is better than their D
Their Run game is as bad as our Run D meaning no advantage either way.
As long as we keep Love safe in pocket, we will win.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Agree on Jones. Once the game started, I was certain he was still out. For some reason, MLF called a crazy high number of passes.

I don't think it would have changed the end result, but maybe they get 7 on that INT instead of 3. No matter. Hopefully he's now healthy and ready for the R8DRS. Gonna need him and the running game back to give Love a break here and there.

And off topic, but what is wrong with Dillon? Is it mostly the poor performance and injuries of the OL, or has Dillon just burned out. Kind of looks like the latter. He'll never be a guy with a lot of moves, but right now, he has none.

Members online

Latest posts