2022 week 18 pre-game thread: Rematch with the Lions

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was mildly amused at first by your contribution mate as a visiting fan, but now I`m just calling ********. Your team and organisation who I actually have a soft spot because of "Paper Lion", have repeatedly shot themselves in the foot year after year. Blaming the refs is just plain ******** and pathetic. You`re just not good enough...period. Bobby warned you.
Grouchy...:cool:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't forget the replacement ref game vs the seahawks, where the call against the packers was so bad the nfl realized that the replacement refs had to go. yeah, boohoo, packers get all the breaks.
He didn‘t forget it. That is the fail Mary game.

Jim Lite

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't underestimate teh Lions. They're hungry as he%%.

Pray not for victory. Instead for our players; healing, and strength. Winning will be the result.

AGreen2AJones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Losing 3 do or die games in GB in a row??
2021 NFC Championship
2022 NFC Divisional
2023 Week 18

All shameful

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Losing 3 do or die games in GB in a row??
2021 NFC Championship
2022 NFC Divisional
2023 Week 18

All shameful
And was his fault?

Or was it st?
Def?
or over all team

Or they just couldn't match up vs the other teams

Sometimes teams are just better

SudsMcBucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And was his fault?

Or was it st?
Def?
or over all team

Or they just couldn't match up vs the other teams

Sometimes teams are just better

He accounts for $50mil of the team's cap, so yeah, he needs to take on the most responsibility. 2021 NFCCG I would say it's a mixed bag of who's at fault. All around blame there. 2022 NFCD 49'ers held to 13 points, we had them at home, and couldn't outscore them? Yeah, that's definitely on AR and ****. 2023 week 18. Again, held Detroit to 20 points. Don't think that's on D although they did eff up at a couple inopportune times. O wasn't good but A Jones fumble before half was the most painful of mistakes as they may have been able to put them away, but there was a lot of blame to go on AR, too.

D

Deleted member 6794

He accounts for $50mil of the team's cap, so yeah, he needs to take on the most responsibility.

Just for the record, Rodgers didn't come anywhere close to counting $50 million against the cap in 2022 and won't once again if he returns for next season.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Just for the record, Rodgers didn't come anywhere close to counting $50 million against the cap in 2022 and won't once again if he returns for next season.
I think a lot of fans get confused on the terms "cap and salary", but lets be straight here, Rodgers average annual salary is $50,271,667 and it was guaranteed for 3 years. Pushing money out into the future, just to lower the cap hit in a single year, is just accounting shenanigans to stay under the total allowable cap for that particular year.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think a lot of fans get confused on the terms "cap and salary", but lets be straight here, Rodgers average annual salary is $50,271,667 and it was guaranteed for 3 years. Pushing money out into the future, just to lower the cap hit in a single year, is just accounting shenanigans to stay under the total allowable cap for that particular year.

It's true that at some point the money being paid to a player has to be accounted for towards the cap. It's still important to realize the cap hit in a season can be vastly different than the average salary to kind of circumvent the cap.

FWIW only two years of Rodgers deal were guaranteed.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts