Packer Draft Position on the Rise.....

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
yup. Rodgers tweaked a groin yesterday, that on top of his knee and bruised ego, should get him on IR.

Honestly, I am fine with shutting #12 down for the rest of the season. If Kizer is the plan at backup next season, then get him and a lot of other backups a lot of real game action. Would be nice to continue to give the rookie WR's reps with AR, but really isn't worth Rodgers suffering a major injury or him just having average and below average outings against the Jets and Lions.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I am fine with shutting #12 down for the rest of the season. If Kizer is the plan at backup next season, then get him and a lot of other backups a lot of real game action. Would be nice to continue to give the rookie WR's reps with AR, but really isn't worth Rodgers suffering a major injury or him just having average and below average outings against the Jets and Lions.
yup. there's no reason to have Rodgers exposed to their borderline guys trying to keep or win jobs for next year.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At "Best" the Packers can only move up to as high as the #3 pick in every round of the draft. Was "nice" to beat the Falcons last week, but had we lost that game, we would be sitting at pick #6, only 1/2 game out of that 3rd pick behind the 49'ers, Jets and Jags.

1. Raiders (3-11): (Broncos, @Chiefs)
  2. Cardinals (3-11): (Rams, @ Seahawks)
  3. 49'ers (4-10): ( Bears, @Rams)
  4. Jets (4-10): (Packers, @Patriots)
  5. Jaguars (4-10): (@Phins, @Texans)
  6. Falcons (5-9): (@Panthers, @Bills)
  7. Buccaneers (5-9): (@Cowboys, Falcons)
  8. Giants (5-9): (@Colts, Cowboys)
  9. Bills (5-9): (@Pats, Phins)
  10. Lions (5-9): (Vikes, @Pack)
  11. Packers (5-8-1): (@Jets, Lions)
  12. Broncos (6-8): (@Raiders, Chargers)
  13. Bengals (6-8): (@Browns, @ Steelers)
  14. Browns (6-7-1): (Bengals, @Ravens)
  15. Panthers (6-7): (Saints, Falcons, @ Saints)
  16. Eagles (7-7): (Texans, @Skins)
  17. Dolphins (7-7): (Jaguars, @Bills)
  18. Washington(7-7): (@Titans, Eagles)

Thanks for that. Before last week I was trying to figure out if there was a chance for us to get the #1 pick. I figured we would have to lose out and would need some help. Not that I am advocating it I was just curious. I'll still root for a victory over the Jets and Lions.

I like the "nice" by the way. Way to hide your true feelings;)

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
yup. Rodgers tweaked a groin yesterday, that on top of his knee and bruised ego, should get him on IR.
Doesn't he have knee surgery scheduled for the off season? Give a 2 week head start on it so he has a little more R&R before next camp. More time to discount double check.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m on board with shutting him down and getting him into surgery asap. I also hope Kizer lights it up in the remaining games if that happens.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yup. there's no reason to have Rodgers exposed to their borderline guys trying to keep or win jobs for next year.
I see no reason to play 12 now. He’s hurting already, and there’s nothing to play for.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well said. C"mon people it is way to early to give up on Jackson or Burks. Jackson was WR his first three years at Iowa.

While I agree it's way too early to give up on Jackson he played cornerback for his entire tenure at Iowa. The Cyclones only tried him at wide receiver during the 2015 offseason.

That's why everybody calls them a 3-4 DE. Nobody refers to Mike Daniels or Dean Lowry as a DE. They're interior players. 3T or 5T usually.

With very rare exception, when people are talking about a DE, they are referring to an edge.

And if you look at the post I was referring to, you can see the guy was talking about Montez Sweat, who was labeled as a DE, and he was saying we don't need a DE, we need an edge. Montez Sweat is an edge. That's what I was referring to.

There's absolutely no doubt Sweat is an edge rusher but by definition you're wrong when mentioning that a defensive end is an edge rusher.

I talked for a long time pre-draft about how Josh Jackson wasn't a good tackler. Those PFF grades though... ;)

Geez, where's your grudge against PFF coming from??? You realize that all 32 teams use their analytics and former front office personnel and coaches are working for them, don't you???

As Green Bay Columnist Pete Daugherty said, "Momentum from a few meaningless wins at the end of the season won't carry over into 2019". What I think will carry over though, is the effect it has on draft position. Coaches and players will be playing to win these last 2 games, but I am fine with seeing a lot of playing time for Kizer and all the other young guys who have a future in Green Bay.

The Packers already made it pretty clear that Rodgers will play the last two games.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My way to early mock draft for the Pack:

#8 Josh Allen, EDGE, Kentucky
Explosive edge rusher and the most likely first big name we will have a shot at if we draft as high as 8. If we are lucky enough to pick at 8 and he is still on the board for us its a no brainer really.

#29 Marquise "Hollywood" Brown, WR, Oklahoma
Very shifty receiver with sharp route running ability and a lot of gears. Would probably be an instant upgrade over Cobb.

#40 David Edwards, OT, Wisconsin
Williams, Little, Taylor will all be gone by the time we get to this pick. Edwards is a tough RT for a strong Badger Oline.

#72 Benny Snel, RB, Kentucky
Another player from Kentucky. One of the only true power backs in this draft. Given that the RB class is so weak, I think we will have a shot at him in the 3th. I think this pick has the chance to make our RB committee strong for years to come.

#110 Lukas Denis, FS, Boston College
Rangy FS with nice ball skills.

#120 Michael Deiter, OG, Wisconsin
Another wisco boy as wel. If we could pick him up in the 4th that'd be great, but I see this pick as somewhat unlikely. Deiter's versatility will bump him up draft boards.

Would leave room to draft a K, ILB, TE and OL/DL picks in the last rounds.

Cut Bulaga and Crosby. We could easily resign Breeland, Wilkerson, and Matthews on one year deals from that saved 11M. Probably also Allison and Bell for depth. Furthermore, invest in guys like Tyrann Mathieu (roughly 9m a year), Cj Mosley (8m a year), Preston Smith (6m a year), and add a cheap Oline stopgap in James Carpenter in order to create some stability and time for our OL rookies to develop.

QB Aarod, Kizer
RB Jones, Snell, Williams
WR Adams, Brown, Allison, MVS, ESB, Kumerow
TE Graham, Tonyan, Rookie
OT Bakh, Spriggs, Edwards, Bell
OG Taylor, Carpenter, Deiter, Siragusa
OC Linsley

DL Mo, Daniels, Clark, Adams, Lowry
EDGE Allen, Perry, Smith, Matthews, Fackrell, Gilbert
ILB Mosley, Martinez, Burks, Morrison, (Matthews)
SS Jones, Campbell
FS Mathieu, Denis, Greene, (Williams)
CB Alexander, Breeland, King, Jackson, Williams, Brown

P Scott
K Rookie
LS ......

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The Packers already made it pretty clear that Rodgers will play the last two games.

Yes, for now. Doesn't mean if that groin or knee is bothering him, they won't change their minds. Nor does it mean he will play for all 4 quarters.

Very much doubt we would ever hear Gute say "Hey fans and ticket purchasers, we are eliminated from the playoffs, thus we are going to sit all our best players to prevent them from sustaining a major injury that could effect their 2019 season.

I hope I am not jinxing things, but can't help wonder what fans reactions would be if Rodgers did suffer a major injury during one of these last 2 games.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I agree it's way too early to give up on Jackson he played cornerback for his entire tenure at Iowa. The Cyclones only tried him at wide receiver during the 2015 offseason.

There's absolutely no doubt Sweat is an edge rusher but by definition you're wrong when mentioning that a defensive end is an edge rusher.

Geez, where's your grudge against PFF coming from??? You realize that all 32 teams use their analytics and former front office personnel and coaches are working for them, don't you???

The Cyclones never played Jackson at WR ;).

I don't have a grudge. I make fun of everybody...you're just easy pickings and I'm lazy. And yes, NFL teams use PFF. They'd be stupid not to. Explore every avenue. I look at the free PFF stuff occasionally. But using it as the only resource? Meh. I just can't do that. I've seen them like too many guys bc their numbers are high, and the tape doesn't back it up. Like when they said that Jackson was a good press corner last year. So it's a tool I use, but I'm skeptical towards as well.

Wildcatk23

Repeat?
Reaction score
Josh Allen is the first player ever to win the Chuck Bednarik Award, the Bronko Nagurski Trophy, the Lott IMPACT Trophy, and the Jack Lambert Trophy in the same season.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't have a grudge. I make fun of everybody...you're just easy pickings and I'm lazy. And yes, NFL teams use PFF. They'd be stupid not to. Explore every avenue. I look at the free PFF stuff occasionally. But using it as the only resource? Meh. I just can't do that. I've seen them like too many guys bc their numbers are high, and the tape doesn't back it up. Like when they said that Jackson was a good press corner last year. So it's a tool I use, but I'm skeptical towards as well.

I definitely agree that PFF isn't the be-all and end-all but it's definitely a better indicator of a player's performance than to believe a random poster on a forum who has never even come close to working for an NFL team. BTW they take a look at every single play on tape and don't base their numbers on basic stats. There's no doubt they get a ton of stuff wrong as well though.

Packerpug

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Draft the best player available except for quarterback . We need help everywhere just draft the best available when we pick

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we've dropped from 11 to 14. had we lost we'd be at 10 right not. we need denver to win tonight. if that happens we move up to 13.
Whatever you think about wanting the Packers to lose to get a better draft pick:
Nothing wrong with hoping for other games to work out right to get a better pick, right?
Not sure if Denver can beat Gruden at the losing game though.

That Saints pick we have looks like it will practically be a second rounder :mad:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
we've dropped from 11 to 14. had we lost we'd be at 10 right not. we need denver to win tonight. if that happens we move up to 13.

Denver of course loses to the Raiders tonight :(

Even "worse" the wins against the Falcons and Jets dropped us out of the #5 pick ;) With a "slight" chance of catapulting to #2. Oh well, I guess we "savior" the wins? :cautious:

A win against Detroit could drop us to the #18 pick, a loss could give us the #10 pick. I predict we end up with the #16 pick.

1. Cardinals (3-12): (@ Seahawks)
  2. 49'ers (4-11): ( @Rams)
  3. Jets (4-11): (@Patriots)
  4. Raiders (4-11): (@Chiefs)
  5. Lions (5-10): (@Pack)
  6. Buccaneers (5-10): (Falcons)
  7. Bills (5-10): (Phins)
  8. Giants (5-10): (Cowboys)
  9. Jaguars (5-10): (@Texans)
  10. Falcons (6-9): (@Bills)
  11. Panthers (6-9): (@ Saints)
  12. Broncos (6-9): (Chargers)
  13. Bengals (6-9): (@ Steelers)
  14. Packers (6-8-1): (Lions)
  15. Dolphins (7-8): (@Bills)
  16. Washington(7-8): (Eagles)
  17. Browns (7-7-1): (@Ravens)
  18. Eagles (8-7): (@Skins)

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But it is still in the first 32 or better. That is one more pick there we didn't have last year at this time.
Ah, the glass is half full concept. Haven't seen that one for awhile, caught me off guard with it.

Members online

Latest posts