2022 week 18 pre-game thread: Rematch with the Lions

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Game for the post season on GBs side. Kitties need help. Not scheduled yet but looks like game 272 of the NFL season. Titans Jags scheduled for Sat. Only other playoff important game could be Bengals-Ravens if the Bengals pull an Amber and crap the sheets tonight. Weather should not really affect the Packers.

Squonk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hoping the Packer/Lions game will get a National TV time slot. I'm in SW Florida, and hoping we don't get the Tampa Bay game on Sunday. Would be nice to get the 8:15 pm slot on Sunday which hopefully would be quite cold and give us more of an advantage. I just read somewhere (can't find link) that the schedule for Sunday won't be released until after MNF tonight.

Last edited:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Hoping the Packer/Lions game will get a National TV time slot. I'm is SW Florida, and hoping we don't get the Tampa Bay game on Sunday. Would be nice to get the 8:15 pm slot on Sunday which hopefully would be quite cold and give us more of an advantage. I just read somewhere (can't find link) that the schedule for Sunday won't be released until after MNF tonight.
I would be stunned if the Packers don’t get the SNF nod.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be stunned if the Packers don’t get the SNF nod.
I don't like it when they put us on night games in the winter. It is just cold. Better during the day. Still cold, but not that night cold.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two 8-8 teams fighting for one spot. The Lions are definitely improved. Jamaal Williams has come into his own with them. Swift is dangerous. St. Brown makes me wish we'd drafted him instead of his brother.

The Packers this year have a record that indicates mediocrity, and deservedly so. Not going by the numbers here, but just the eyeball test, the offense has been consistently mediocre, while the special teams and defense have wandered between pretty bad and pretty good. Coaching has been mediocre or worse for much of the season, but seems finally to have gotten a bit better, especially on defense. I don't know why it took so long for the defensive coaching staff to realize that the ultra soft coverage was a disaster. Watching Alexander deliver pressure at the LOS is gratifying.

Special teams is still scary at times, but the return threat is a welcome weapon.

Offense needs to get into the next gear. Almost jelled, but not quite.

Overall, the team is getting better at the right time. They could make a deep run if the offense can get fully in synch. A far cry from where we were five weeks ago.

Reaction score
I see the Packers are favorites for the game against Lions game, just like we were favorites for the Vi-queens.

Remember the year we win the Super Bowl?
Da'Bears won the division, we back into 3 wildcard games, won all 3, then played in the big dance and won that too.

Zad Fnark

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi guys. Been away awhile...

I think the Lions will struggle too. Another dome team coming here in the winter.

I had written the packers off weeks ago, waiting for baseball to return. Was hoping they'd have a fire sale at the trade deadline. Glad to have something to watch now.

Hope it's not Sunday night. It'll cut my sleep short before work.

Last edited:

coulomb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haven’t thought about this yet. If the Packers are flexed to Sunday night and the Seahawks win, then obviously the Lions would have nothing to play for.
This is the lions, they have a pretty low bar. Keeping GB out of the playoffs is enough for them to get motivated.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see the Packers are favorites for the game against Lions game, just like we were favorites for the Vi-queens.

Remember the year we win the Super Bowl?
Da'Bears won the division, we back into 3 wildcard games, won all 3, then played in the big dance and won that too.
We need to stop with the 2010 comparisons. Yeah it’s numbers similar, great. Different league, and different team.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
This is the lions, they have a pretty low bar. Keeping GB out of the playoffs is enough for them to get motivated.
I agree but it would still be pretty deflating to find out less than an hour before kickoff that you have no chance of getting in.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have Mr. Interception..Jared Goff..we have Rodgers..our fans & the belt..yeah not scared!

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hoping the Packer/Lions game will get a National TV time slot. I'm in SW Florida, and hoping we don't get the Tampa Bay game on Sunday. Would be nice to get the 8:15 pm slot on Sunday which hopefully would be quite cold and give us more of an advantage. I just read somewhere (can't find link) that the schedule for Sunday won't be released until after MNF tonight.

You are in Luck!! Game announced for 7:20 pm!!!

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joe Barry. I am not convinced this was his plan. Nor do I have confidence he won't regress to his old style if he is given the ability to do so.
I agree… I think he was pressured by both the players, and Lefleur.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree… I think he was pressured by both the players, and Lefleur.
Just sucks we lost Gary. We could use all the pressure on the QB now more than ever. Imagine him there with now (thank God) Lowry gone and Walker getting in a groove as well as Wyatt getting more time.

Members online

Latest posts