2019 Cap Space

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We don’t have the cap to sign all those players. Keep in mind we often overlook that we generally hold a reserve account ($5M m+-range) to sign players throughout the year due to injury. You also have to sign your rookies and when you have a couple of 1st rounders those miscellaneous contracts add up quickly.
We likely have enough space to sign 2 of the 3 but the math just doesn’t work. We’d have 5M to work with, that’s why I’m saying use it to sign a Slot or Guard to emphasize the Offense a smidgen. We also have to make a decision with Cobb. He’s overpaid but do you walk him? Leaves us very thin at seasoned WR.
I’m honestly not trying to ruin your plan I swear. Lol

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It wasn't really my exact plan more of an example of what we could do which is a lot with the 51 + million in cap space.

I guess if it was my plan I forgoe the trade for Antonio brown and sign the 3 defensive starters

Reaction score
It wasn't really my exact plan more of an example of what we could do which is a lot with the 51 + million in cap space.

I guess if it was my plan I forgoe the trade for Antonio brown and sign the 3 defensive starters
Yes. There’s no doubt we can pick up a few formidable players. But we’ll still have to be frugal and make the best of those funds. We will also likely have 2 starters round 1 draft day that alone command just under 6M combined.
I like your idea about cutting Crosby.
I think. 5-6th round Kicker can give us similar results at a fraction of the cost.

I’m seeing your choice of 2 rock solid FA players and 1 starter capable guy (your Morrison/Bell type FA)

D

Deleted member 6794

As for Barr I think at 12 m he'd turn out to be a steal. The Vikings have been playing him out of position his whole career. He's a prototypical 3-4 olb. A position he played for two seasons in college and racked up 23.5 sacks. He's 6-5 255 and ran a 4.66 at the combine and 4.41 at his pro day. Sign him and put him back at his true position and I think he puts together an impact season

Barr might excel at edge rusher but I would hardly consider him a steal at $12 million per season. There's risk involved in signing him as he hasn't played the position for most of his NFL career.

YWe will also likely have 2 starters round 1 draft day that alone command just under 6M combined.

The entire draft class with eat up approximately $5.8 million of cap space this season.