Write YOUR Super Bowl XLVI Road Script

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No right or wrong answers here, and go as in depth or quick as you want. More points given to the in-depth offerings!

Mine:

Packers win ugly against the Bears to go 14-1, and then rest Rodgers after the first quarter vs Detroit, while defense shuts down Lions and Packers win 20-17 behind Flynn. 15-1 finish.
Saints beat Atlanta and then Carolina, while the 49ers stumble and lose at Seattle, and lose the #2 seed to the Saints.

Dallas wins NFC East for the #4 seed. Atlanta gets the wildcard seed #5, and Lions wildcard seed #6.
That gives us the Harbaugh-Schwartz rematch in the wildcard game Detroit @ San Fran, while Atlanta travels to Dallas in the other wildcard.

49ers win, and Dallas wins.

We get my home town Cowboys in the divisional round, while the 49ers go to New Orleans.
We overcome the crappy horrible ice cold weather, and beat Dallas 30-13 in a mini-blowout, seeing Romo picked off 3 times, and Dez Bryant throw helmets, stomp and whine, and then cry during and after the game.

Saints anhialate the Niners 45-10 in the SuperDome and we all get the Saints @ Packers game that the country has been talking about.

Due to the crappy cold weather, the passing games are both shaky, but James Starks and Ryan Grant each break 2 long runs 20+ yards or longer, and they combine for 30 carries and 175 yards on the ground, as the Packers beat the Saints 27-23 and advance to the Super Bowl again, this time against Tom Brady and the Patriots.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Clay Matthews is the Super Bowl MVP as he sacks Brady a record 4 times, once a trifecta sack, fumble force, fumble recovery. He also picks off a pass intended for Wes Welker on a short one, late in the game that seals the deal.

Rodgers is fantastic again going 22-28 for 307 yards, 3 TDs, and 1 Int on a dropped pass by Finley off his helmet, up into the air. Of his other 5 incompletions, 1 is a spike to stop clock, and the other 4 are drops by Finley, Jordy, Saine, and Jennings. Still, Matthews gets the MVP for his huge plays at big times and his record-setting evening. And his hair looks fantastic.

Packers win 34-27, are first team to repeat since the 2003-2004 Patriots.

We are ready to 3-peat as Ted Thompson focuses on adding pass-rush to his defense in the off-season and draft, and he succeeds.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
That sounds like a dream and quite realistic, one INT from Finley's drop LOL

Nice write up, enjoyed reading.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Just for fun........

I can see Big Ben in the playoffs tweaking his ankle again at the worst time.Which sets up 2 weeks of media speculation on "the ankle" leading up to the rematch vs. Green Bay.

Ben at key times will even squeeze a tear from his eye as he talks about "being there for his team" and "doing what it takes to win." The media will call him "a warrior" and "very brave."

Of course a key injury has been involved in some recent SBs. 2007 it was about the Brady ankle drama. Remember him in the walking boot in NYC? I still question why Brady did not find a new place to stay before that SB. Why torture yourself Tom? They were parked outside your front door.

In 2009 we had the Freeney ankle drama. Or as Bob Kravitz called those 2 weeks "as the ankle turns."

In 2010 we had the Pouncey ankle drama leading up to the big game.

2011 will bring yet another potential ankle drama in Big fat Ben. Or another ankle of another player on another team.

Mark my words......there will be an ankle.

Staff online

Members online