World Cup Brazil 2014

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yeah those good old times that we played attractive and dominating soccer! I like the Dutch teams of the early seventies, late eighties and late nineties. But honestly the usually failed to deliver.:) Most Dutch people think back with good memories to those times, and there was and is a LOT of critique in Holland about the playing style (I personally don't like it too much either).

I think that 70's Dutch team was very good one of the best european sides, ok they lost two finals but its the style of play that everyone remembers particularly 74''. :)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Wow, thats really bad so far. I will never understand Jogi Low, 4 centre backs in our back four, Lahm still playing defensive midfielder and Müller as a false 9. Our biggest problem is this coach. :rolleyes:

I was thinking something similar. Unless Jochi does something about Mertesacker and Howedes, Germany isn't going to advance much further. Are you sitting down Nessie? I don't want you to faint when I write that I think Boateng is doing very well.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
What a pep talk.

"Don't be surprised when someone decides to Flip the Script, and take a pass on saying Uncle"

"When the race is on, all bets are off"

"Just because they are the strong doesn't mean they can't get their ***** kicked"

Pumped for tomorrow!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking something similar. Unless Jochi does something about Mertesacker and Howedes, Germany isn't going to advance much further. Are you sitting down Nessie? I don't want you to faint when I write that I think Boateng is doing very well.

Yes Croak, your special friend Boateng was one of the very few better players. ;)
But if we are playing like this against France we can book our flights back home for Saturday and to me this "wannabe" Coach Löw is responsible for that.
Lahm is one of the best left-backs worldwide, why he needs to play in our defensive midfield instead remains Jogis secret.
And 4 centre-backs in our back four doesnt work, everybody noticed it but Löw doesnt change anything. Our wing play is non existent.
I know its not nice to say that Im happy about an injury of a player but fortunately Mustafi wont play another game at this World Cup so here is hope that Jogi finally changes his tactics. :rolleyes:
And Ozil.....I have no words. He needs to be benched, awful....:mad:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Yes Croak, your special friend Boateng was one of the very few better players. ;)
But if we are playing like this against France we can book our flights back home for Saturday and to me this "wannabe" Coach Löw is responsible for that.
Lahm is one of the best left-backs worldwide, why he needs to play in our defensive midfield instead remains Jogis secret.
And 4 centre-backs in our back four doesnt work, everybody noticed it but Löw doesnt change anything. Our wing play is non existent.
I know its not nice to say that Im happy about an injury of a player but fortunately Mustafi wont play another game at this World Cup so here is hope that Jogi finally changes his tactics. :rolleyes:
And Ozil.....I have no words. He needs to be benched, awful....:mad:

Oh no he's playing guys out of position is he? Not a good sign. I noticed the lack of real wing play allrite, everything through the middle and pumped long to the forwards. Low's tactics and Algeria's defiance made it a tense watch. Friday's another day I think or is it hope Germany will beat France. ;)

Luca

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just heard the funniest and most stupid thing ever: Klinsmann complained about the Algerian referee, because he also speaks French, like some Belgium players.

So when I understand him correctly, a referee will do a better job when he can't communicate with the players :D.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
You know, I know Klose is getting old, but he proved he can still play and score. Why aren't we seeing more of him??

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
I just heard the funniest and most stupid thing ever: Klinsmann complained about the Algerian referee, because he also speaks French, like some Belgium players.

So when I understand him correctly, a referee will do a better job when he can't communicate with the players :D.

That was nothing more than Klinsi getting into the head of the referee early that we will not accept biased reffing. Nothing more. Non-issue.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
That was nothing more than Klinsi getting into the head of the referee early that we will not accept biased reffing. Nothing more. Non-issue.

I'm hoping for a good match and a US victory. Maybe that will stifle all my friends who are whining that footy is boring and they just can't get into it.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
He attracted all five defenders and flipped the ball off to DiMaria for that winning goal. 5 defenders for one guy??? Seriously?

Yeah, that was again unbelieveable by Messi, without him Argentina is just an average team.
Sandolf would say - Messi is "the guy", but thats what we already knew before the game.;)
Bad luck for the Swiss team that the header only hit the post :(

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
He attracted all five defenders and flipped the ball off to DiMaria for that winning goal. 5 defenders for one guy??? Seriously?

This fellow needed six but he's slightly better. ;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
If the US can shut him down then their chances are better.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the US can shut him down then their chances are better.
I hope the US team can stop him.
They definitely have a chance, all games were tight so far and all favourites struggled. Go USA ! :tup:
Bundesbiers would go mad if I'd tell him that just at the moment they show a report about US football fans and the growing interest and enthusiasm about football and the World Cup. :p;)
Oh, Obama says they have a chance to win the WC ! ;)

OP
OP
Sandolf

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Sandolf would say - Messi is "the guy", but thats what we already knew before the game.;) Bad luck for the Swiss team that the header only hit the post :(

Nice to be able to cheer for Othmar Hitzfeld. I never could when he was with BVB or the Bayern mafia. His Schweizerlis almost pulled it off.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice to be able to cheer for Othmar Hitzfeld. I never could when he was with BVB or the Bayern mafia. His Schweizerlis almost pulled it off.
I always somehow liked him Sandolf though he was with Bayern. Dont know why.
Not nearly as bad as van Gaal for example, a nutter whose daughters have to call him "Sie" :rolleyes::D

OP
OP
Sandolf

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
I always somehow liked him Sandolf though he was with Bayern. Dont know why.

I am thinking it might have been the appearances on the Aktuelle Sport Studio rather than the clubs he worked for. Otto Rehhagel is another one of those.

OP
OP
Sandolf

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Greek style finishing from Wondolowski and Hazard.

---
But not from Lukaku though.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts