World Cup Brazil 2014

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Oh, Obama says they have a chance to win the WC ! ;)

Oh my If the lordhigheverythingelse says that nessie it must be true! go Soccer! ;)

A good game Belgium should have won easily but for the US keeper heroics, lost count the amount of saves he made. The USA workrate was the key for them, it had to be Belgium had more class in the end well they should have they are a top football nation. Hopefully Klinsmann is kept on he's doing a very good job.

Last edited:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
This U.S. goal brought to you courtesy of the "FC Bayern München mafia". :p

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Chilean Striker Mauricio Pinilla Will Never Forget His World Cup Miss Against Brazil Because It’s Tattooed On His Back. Chilean striker Mauricio Pinilla certainly can’t blame himself for his team’s loss to Brazil at the World Cup on Saturday. Sure, it would have helped if his penalty kick had made it past Júlio César, but the same could be said of the other two guys who missed. That’s probably why Pinilla has such an incredibly sunny disposition about Chile’s loss to the home team, and specifically the second half goal that he missed, when he booted the ball off the crossbar. Pinilla now knows what that could have meant, as he could have been the hero that defeated the heavy favorites and pushed the underdogs into the quarterfinals.

Instead, Pinilla simply feels blessed that he had the opportunity to be doing any of this. How do we know? Because he had the words “Blessed” and “For life” tattooed on both sides of his face, as well as an image of his shot striking the crossbar on his back, with the message: “One centimeter from glory.” That is some truly awesome (and presumably painful) positivity.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sandolf

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
... courtesy of the "FC Bayern München mafia". :p

Well you know... Hoeness is in jail... Beckenbauer has been suspended by FIFA suspected of corruption... so that leaves just Rummenigge. I wouldn't bet my last shirt that he isn't into something either. :D

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Well you know... Hoeness is in jail... Beckenbauer has been suspended by FIFA suspected of corruption... so that leaves just Rummenigge. I wouldn't bet my last shirt that he isn't into something either. :D

Lol! Yeah, he's into something all right.....Trophies. :D

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Germany versus France on Friday; somebody please tell me I have nothing to worry about....

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rummenigge also has a criminal record ;) He was fined to pay 250.000 Euros for not declaring his new Rolex watches (yes, not only one watch!) when he was coming back from a Quatar trip in 2013. So he is officially previously convicted :D

Last edited:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You've got something to worry about it took extra time to defeat Algeria. France could very well send your side home.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Dagnabbit!! Joachi said he's starting Lahm at midfield again. :mad:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
t
LOL. You guys all sound like the anti-NY Yankees fans here in the U.S. :roflmao:
Thats sounds like a very good comparison Croak ! :D Yes, Bayern might be our German football "Yankees" ;)
Did I tell you guys that Im starting to like Oliver Kahn ? He is co-host on German TV during the World Cup and he is doing a very good job. He even developed a sense of humour ( :eek: ) and is very self-ironic. Like to watch him on TV and no question that he is an excellent expert anyway. :tup:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dagnabbit!! Joachi said he's starting Lahm at midfield again. :mad:

Yes, I've read it too. This nutter is wasting the talent of our golden German football generation. :mad:
The comments about him are not very polite at the moment to say the least. :D
Hey and how about trying Müller and Kroos in our back-four and Boateng as a false 9. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Yes, I've read it too. This nutter is wasting the talent of our German, golden football generation. :mad:
The comments about him are not very polite at the moment to say the least. :D
Hey and how about trying Müller and Kroos in our back-four and Boateng as a false 9. :rolleyes:

He thinks he's Pep Guardiola.:rolleyes: But Pep can play Lahm at center mid because he has Dante, Boateng and Van Buyten. Löw only has Boateng. Pep's offense is so controlling and dominant that he can afford a little slippage in the back. Löw's offense isn't. The man seems intelligent enough, has his loyalty to his players blinded him to the weakness in his strategy??

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Just wanted to share some good stats with you guys; Top scoring by club at the World Cup

1. FC Bayern 14 STERN DES SUDENS!
2. FC Barcelona 10
3. Manchester United 8
4. Real Madrid 6
5. AS Monaco 5

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Ok, you guys have been around this footy thing much more than I. Are there any teams still vying for the world cup who have never won it?

Also, I haven't see much of Bundesbiers since the heart crusher. He should be very proud of the USMNT. They gained tons of respect in the eyes of the world this year. They've also given U.S. footy a nice shot in the arm. Shucks, they are even announcing and advertising local "soccer" matches here on the Boardwalk this week. There are lots of various team shirts showing up in the shops and on people. I even had a teenager admire my FC Bayern hoodie on the Boardwalk last evening. A U.S. teen who knows FC Bayern is a great step in the right direction, believe it or not. Now if we could lure even more European talent to the MLS, watch out for the U.S.

Luca

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, you guys have been around this footy thing much more than I. Are there any teams still vying for the world cup who have never won it?

We have never won it :( We lost 3 finals though :(

Moreover Belgium, Costa Rica and Columbia never won it either.

Luca

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just wanted to share some good stats with you guys;

If we are talking stats. CIES made a list which academies provide the most players for the world cup. Turns out that Feyenoord is on top of this list! :) Also Bayern holds the 10th spot.

Player Development Ranking - World Cup 2014
1. Feyenoord Rotterdam (NED)
2. FC Barcelona (ESP)
3. GNK Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)
4. An indoor soccer club from Amsterdam (NED)
5. Lille OSC (FRA)
6. Manchester United FC (ENG)
7. Deportivo Saprissa (CRC)
8. Sporting Clube de Portugal (POR)
9. Standard Liège (BEL)
10. FC Bayern München (GER)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Who knows...................;)

Fri 4 Jul 2014 - World Cup
  • France v Germany - Germany
  • Brazil v Colombia - Columbia :eek:
Sat 5 Jul 2014 - World Cup
Tue 8 Jul 2014 - World Cup
  • Semi-Finalist 1 v Semi-Finalist 2
  • Germany v Columbia - Germany :)
Wed 9 Jul 2014 - World Cup
  • Semi-Finalist 3 v Semi-Finalist 4
  • Argentina v Netherlands - Argentina

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I hope Germany moves on, but I don't think they'll beat France. Joachi is ******** the pooch with this lineup.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score

Also, I haven't see much of Bundesbiers since the heart crusher. He should be very proud of the USMNT. They gained tons of respect in the eyes of the world this year. They've also given U.S. footy a nice shot in the arm. Shucks, they are even announcing and advertising local "soccer" matches here on the Boardwalk this week. There are lots of various team shirts showing up in the shops and on people. I even had a teenager admire my FC Bayern hoodie on the Boardwalk last evening. A U.S. teen who knows FC Bayern is a great step in the right direction, believe it or not. Now if we could lure even more European talent to the MLS, watch out for the U.S.

Oh I'm here, I just took a day to decompress is all.

We can take some positives out of this and work on things we need to. Maybe it was one game or 30 minutes to late to insert Julian Green. He will be a force in 2018.

As much shots as Howard saved, we had some chances to knock in a winner before 90 minutes and an equalizer before 120 minutes.

All in all, a bit depressed we didn't go one step further, but a lot of top teams struggled in the round of 16 to barely survive, so we aren't too far off.

Members online

Latest posts