World Cup Brazil 2014

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
The group draw is coming up in a couple of hours. This should be interesting.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm excited about it and I'd like to have England in our group though Ithink it wont happen ;)
Will be interesting to see if there is a group of death, a group with England, Brazil, Netherlands and Mexico or England, Argentina, France and USA indeed sounds scary. :eek:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/wo.../World-Cup-2014-draw-Your-ultimate-guide.html
I dont expect a tough group for Germany as we are seeded but we have to take it as it comes anyway. Only one wish, no Italy please this time :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Sandolf

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
There is always a group of death.

This doesn't relate to football mhnessie, but you may find it amusing anyway.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

MackemPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just want England to get an interesting group, against a couple of big teams. There is no chance of them even getting close to winning it so that's the best chance of some exciting games.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just want England to get an interesting group, against a couple of big teams. There is no chance of them even getting close to winning it so that's the best chance of some exciting games.

I think England will do better than expected. I dont mean they are WC contenders but they should at least make it through the group stage. Who would you like to see in their group ? Brazil ? Spain ?

MackemPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think England will do better than expected. I dont mean they are WC contenders but they should at least make it through the group stage. Who would you like to see in their group ? Brazil ? Spain ?

I'd like Brazil, USA and maybe Ghana. Every game would be interesting. England will find a way to struggle regardless.

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I'm excited about it and I'd like to have England in our group though Ithink it wont happen ;)
Will be interesting to see if there is a group of death, a group with England, Brazil, Netherlands and Mexico or England, Argentina, France and USA indeed sounds scary. :eek:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/wo.../World-Cup-2014-draw-Your-ultimate-guide.html
I dont expect a tough group for Germany as we are seeded but we have to take it as it comes anyway. Only one wish, no Italy please this time :rolleyes:

Italy haven't really traveled well outside of Europe Nessie in recent years at World Cups, their record in that respect has not been so good lets hope that continues..........;)

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Forza Italia! well at least against england. :roflmao::D
Germany in with the USA tasty. :cool:

Last edited:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Italy haven't really traveled well outside of Europe Nessie in recent years at World Cups, their record in that respect has not been so good lets hope that continues..........;)
Hope you are right, PackerFan71. ;)
Portugal, USA and Ghana, not really easy. But nice that we play Klinsi and his US Team. ;)
England with Italy, Costa Rica and Uruguay looks tough too !

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Hope you are right, PackerFan71. ;)
Portugal, USA and Ghana, not really easy. But nice that we play Klinsi and his US Team. ;)
England with Italy, Costa Rica and Uruguay looks tough too !

Thats a really tough group for the english they may well struggle to get out of that one. Italy are a way better team and Uruguay playing near enough a home tourney with two proven goal scorers up front........

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Thats a really tough group for the english they may well struggle to get out of that one. Italy are a way better team and Uruguay playing near enough a home tourney with two proven goal scorers up front........
are you being diplomatic by saying we "may" struggle ? the papers will be writing the headlines NOW ! we're screwed :D

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
are you being diplomatic by saying we "may" struggle ? the papers will be writing the headlines NOW ! we're screwed :D

You have called my bluff then, i was trying to be polite. With the Owlman Hodgson in charge your team is up the creek anyways. :whistling:

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be honest, I dont see them beating Uruguay but you never know ;)

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like Brazil, USA and maybe Ghana. Every game would be interesting. England will find a way to struggle regardless.

Now its Italy, Costa Rica and Uruguay. What do you think about it, MackemPacker? Manageable or a group of death for England ?

MackemPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now its Italy, Costa Rica and Uruguay. What do you think about it, MackemPacker? Manageable or a group of death for England ?

It is manageable I think, I think that is 3 pretty even teams. I'm hoping Italy will be cagey in the first game, looking not to lose. I think it's going to come down to how England cope with Suarez vs Uruguay, he's playing like the best player in the world at the minute.

The USA's group looks like the "group of death" I reckon. I'll be supporting Sunderland's Jozy Altidore in that one.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Thats not nice, PackerFan71, not nice.....:roflmao:

Btw - where is Croak, the only US American who likes soccer/football, at least on this forum ;)
Germany against USA, isnt it awesome ? :)

I'm here, cheering for Germany all the way! My U.S. friends are sweating bullets. But at least one of them told me he can't wait to rub it in when the U.S. pulls off the upset. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: I told my friends that this will be an altogether different German team than that silly back up team that played the US this year. Those of us who were wearing Germany jerseys got ribbed pretty hard coming out of the stadium in D.C. So many were yelling "Germany sucks" and "USA, USA". My son kept asking them how many world cup trophies the U.S. had won. :sneaky:

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I'm here, cheering for Germany all the way! My U.S. friends are sweating bullets. But at least one of them told me he can't wait to rub it in when the U.S. pulls off the upset. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: I told my friends that this will be an altogether different German team than that silly back up team that played the US this year. Those of us who were wearing Germany jerseys got ribbed pretty hard coming out of the stadium in D.C. So many were yelling "Germany sucks" and "USA, USA". My son kept asking them how many world cup trophies the U.S. had won. :sneaky:

From what i saw at the recent Wembley game Croak Germany should be just fine, they played what amounted to a 3rd $tring team there and won 0-1. England were near enough full strength at that game so that says enough.
However england being england it would not surprise me if they somehow managed to sneak out of their group with a couple of draws and a win. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts