Votes: 37 42.0%
  • No, it will be either 9-7 or 10-6 with a wildcard spot

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • No, we're not making the playoffs

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 6794

Lost just about all their O-line from last year including Russell Okung, as well as Bruce Irvin and Marshawn Lynch. Teams are going to all out blitz Russell Wilson and I guarantee you you're going to see major holes in that team leaking this year. People don't seem to get how bad they've regressed.

And LA will be better with Goff, a healthy combo of Mason and Gurley, and a defense that keeps getting better. Not to mention they've owned the Seahawks' butts lately.

As others have already pointed out the Seahawks offensive line has struggled for most of Wilson's tenure. Thomas Rawls did a marvelous job of replacing Lynch before he got injured. If he's able to return in full strength I don't expect the Seahawks to regress.

Early reports out of Los Angeles indicate that Goff is struggling mightily and nowhere near ready to start at the pro level. The Rams defense is scary good but their offense lacks talent. That's why I don't expect them to improve in 2016.

Rams are not only in a pretty tough division, but their 2016 schedule doesn't look easy on paper. Couple that with potentially starting a rookie QB. For those reasons, I don't see them winning many games. Titan fans will be drooling as a top 5 pick potentially will land in their laps as part of the deal to draft Goff.

I don't expect the Rams to improve this season but don't see them ending up with one of the league's worst five records.

I still have concerns us Patching the TE and ILB positions.

I guess the Packers will be fine at tight end after signing Cook. I'm still concerned about the inside linebacker position as well.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm extremely excited for this season. If the O-Line and Eddie go back to 2014 status, I see no reason why the Packers wouldn't return to the NFCCG.

Hopefully, we'll have a healthy Aaron this time. I want another ring!

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jaguars got some really good talent but they're probably a year away. I wouldn't be shocked if they upset us but it would be an upset.

Probably best we're playing them early before they develop and gel

Exactly.

D

Deleted member 6794

I wouldn't be shocked if Rams and Jaguars win just 4 or sneak out 9.....

I don't expect the Jaguars or Rams to only win four games. Jacksonville might even surprise a lot of people and end up competing for a playoff spot.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Rams are far more complete to surprise than Jacksonville, unless Goff's maturation process goes full Manziel, but I don't see that happening, or if Jeff Fisher gets in the way, which could be likely, but gotta think this is the year the Rams make the up to 9.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Rams are far more complete to surprise than Jacksonville, unless Goff's maturation process goes full Manziel, but I don't see that happening, or if Jeff Fisher gets in the way, which could be likely, but gotta think this is the year the Rams make the up to 9.

The Jaguars have way more talent on offense than the Rams and most likely play in the worst division of the NFL. With Goff struggling during the offseason so far I'd rather pick Jacksonville to surprise a lot of folks.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Jaguars have way more talent on offense than the Rams and most likely play in the worst division of the NFL. With Goff struggling during the offseason so far I'd rather pick Jacksonville to surprise a lot of folks.

You honestly think they're gonna surpass Indy and Houston? I don't.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More and more it appears the results are pointing to a 13-3 season. Can't wait to see how Cook looks in training camp.

The Big Fella

Cheesehead
Reaction score
13-3? Ok that's a good record, but who are they going to lose to? Minnesota? They have a QB named Teddy. I don't see this year's squad losing to a QB named Teddy.

D

Deleted member 6794

13-3? Ok that's a good record, but who are they going to lose to? Minnesota? They have a QB named Teddy. I don't see this year's squad losing to a QB named Teddy.

I agree that the Packers are more talented than the Vikings but opening their brand new stadium in week 2 will be an extremely tough environment to play in. While overall the schedule looks pretty easy on paper I expect the Packers to suffer at least one upset loss.

With that being said 13-3 and a first round bye seems to be a realistic prediction.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me, it's not so much counting up 'blue chip' players and such. It's about strength of position groups and balance. The Packers are one of the most balanced teams, and unlike other teams with plenty of individual talent, do not have a position group I would call weak or a liability.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Original poster is counting on things that probably won't happen.

1.) Jordy comes back to full speed less than 13 months after the injury? This usually takes at least 18 months, I would think Jordy would be full speed by playoffs, but the OP could be right on this.

2.) Bulaga doesn't miss a game: This is the weakest of the three things mentioned. ACLs, other knee issues so far, and you know concussions happen, and with the protocol now...also ankle sprains happen easily. I definitely don't see this happen.

D

Deleted member 6794

For me, it's not so much counting up 'blue chip' players and such. It's about strength of position groups and balance. The Packers are one of the most balanced teams, and unlike other teams with plenty of individual talent, do not have a position group I would call weak or a liability.

I'm still concerned about the talent level at inside linebacker.

Original poster is counting on things that probably won't happen.

1.) Jordy comes back to full speed less than 13 months after the injury? This usually takes at least 18 months, I would think Jordy would be full speed by playoffs, but the OP could be right on this.

2.) Bulaga doesn't miss a game: This is the weakest of the three things mentioned. ACLs, other knee issues so far, and you know concussions happen, and with the protocol now...also ankle sprains happen easily. I definitely don't see this happen.

There are numerous examples of players being able to return to full strength within a year of suffering an ACL tear. For example Carson Palmer, at age 35, started every game last season and played at a high level only 10 months after being lost for the year in 2014.

Bulaga has had some bad luck with injuries but I don't think it's fair to consider him more injury-prone than other guys playing in the trenches.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have the same concerns, Cap. But I'm optimistic that Martinez and Ryan will end up more than adequate.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I was a little down on this team last year but health obviously played a big part in it among other factors. I believe when its all said and done it will be clear that this is the deepest roster TT has ever put together and that's all the way to the 90. I mean this team is stacked and I really like several of the UDFA signings. I just don't know where we will be able to keep a lot of these guys and how safe some of them will be even on our own practice squad. I really like the talent TT has brought in. Probably his best work ever in IMO but time will tell.

With that said the sky is the limit. There are many guys playing in "contract year" and others that are ready to hit "peak" or "near peak" stage of development. The moon and the stars are looking to be aligned perfectly for this team. With that said I am afraid to get too excited. lol.

This is truly "Super Bowl or Bust".

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly I think we need to see Jordy in games playing and then you can get a good idea.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Speaking of Jordy. I'd like to see him get kicked down to the slot a bit. Kind of like what Arizona did with Fitzgerald. Then you have him and Cook and this will create havoc in the middle of the field putting huge pressure on the perimeter. I think we have a group of other guys that can get it done "1 on 1 outside". That along with Cobb or Montgomery being a threat from backfield.

Obviously gotta keep everyone healthy to make it work but I can see why MM has no fear in "going for 2 every time."

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was a little down on this team last year but health obviously played a big part in it among other factors. I believe when its all said and done it will be clear that this is the deepest roster TT has ever put together and that's all the way to the 90. I mean this team is stacked and I really like several of the UDFA signings. I just don't know where we will be able to keep a lot of these guys and how safe some of them will be even on our own practice squad. I really like the talent TT has brought in. Probably his best work ever in IMO but time will tell.

With that said the sky is the limit. There are many guys playing in "contract year" and others that are ready to hit "peak" or "near peak" stage of development. The moon and the stars are looking to be aligned perfectly for this team. With that said I am afraid to get too excited. lol.

This is truly "Super Bowl or Bust".

Yes, I believe it is. Key players are aging and getting a lot of miles on their treads; free agency and the cap will probably be painful next year. This is a seasoned team that IMO will respond well to tight down to the wire playoff games; an attitude of we've been here before, only this time it's us who will pull it out.
It won't be about regular season record for this group; how far they go in the playoffs will be the be all and end all. After all, 15-1 didn't amount to crap, did it?

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Speaking of Jordy. I'd like to see him get kicked down to the slot a bit. Kind of like what Arizona did with Fitzgerald. Then you have him and Cook and this will create havoc in the middle of the field putting huge pressure on the perimeter. I think we have a group of other guys that can get it done "1 on 1 outside". That along with Cobb or Montgomery being a threat from backfield.

Obviously gotta keep everyone healthy to make it work but I can see why MM has no fear in "going for 2 every time."
Well it would have been a dang good time to start going for 2 right after the Janis TD in Arizona. That game should have been over right there and then and we would have been getting ready for Carolina in the NFCCG.

D

Deleted member 6794

I believe when its all said and done it will be clear that this is the deepest roster TT has ever put together and that's all the way to the 90. I mean this team is stacked and I really like several of the UDFA signings. I just don't know where we will be able to keep a lot of these guys and how safe some of them will be even on our own practice squad. I really like the talent TT has brought in. Probably his best work ever in IMO but time will tell.

If I remember correctly several posters thought the same way about the team's roster last season. Unfortunately we all know it didn't work out that way. I think it's better to not get carried away at this point.

Speaking of Jordy. I'd like to see him get kicked down to the slot a bit. Kind of like what Arizona did with Fitzgerald. Then you have him and Cook and this will create havoc in the middle of the field putting huge pressure on the perimeter. I think we have a group of other guys that can get it done "1 on 1 outside".

That would leave the Packers with only Adams, Janis and Davis best suited to play on the outside. It might work occasionally but shouldn't be a durable solution.

Well it would have been a dang good time to start going for 2 right after the Janis TD in Arizona. That game should have been over right there and then and we would have been getting ready for Carolina in the NFCCG.

The other possibility being the Packers not scoring on the two point conversion and fans calling for McCarthy to be fired.