• No, it will be either 9-7 or 10-6 with a wildcard spot

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • No, we're not making the playoffs

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of Jordy. I'd like to see him get kicked down to the slot a bit. Kind of like what Arizona did with Fitzgerald. Then you have him and Cook and this will create havoc in the middle of the field putting huge pressure on the perimeter. I think we have a group of other guys that can get it done "1 on 1 outside". That along with Cobb or Montgomery being a threat from backfield.

Obviously gotta keep everyone healthy to make it work but I can see why MM has no fear in "going for 2 every time."

No, that is like playing Clay in the middle. Don't move someone from their best spot to play another spot. Cobb healthy, Monty healthy and addition of Cook all are weapons to attack the middle. Nelson is our best outside weapon....Adams hopefully will rebound and be a decent outside weapon with Davis or Janis or both being our next options....moving Nelson inside would greatly decrease any threat on the outside.

The Big Fella

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to trust that the coaching staff will find a way to get the best receivers on the field, who ever that is. If Janis deserves to play, he will and Jordy could drop to the slot at times. Getting more speed and separation is a key. It's good to have options.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The other possibility being the Packers not scoring on the two point conversion and fans calling for McCarthy to be fired.

Yup, that would indeed have been the case.

I'd rather lose the game with my best player pulling the trigger from 3 yards away from instant victory against a defense in disarray, no timeouts and momentum on my side.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, those fans woulda called for MM to be fired regardless, any time the Pack loses they go looking for an excuse to do it.

That being said, I think he'll have people changing their minds about that this year. The stage just seems set right now for a big season up here in Titletown.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well, those fans woulda called for MM to be fired regardless, any time the Pack loses they go looking for an excuse to do it.

There weren't a lot of fans, just the usual suspects, advocating for the Packers to fire McCarthy this offseason. I guarantee that at least part of the posters vehemently arguing the team should have gone for two at that point would have wanted to run him out of town if the offense failed to score on that play.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That being said, I think he'll have people changing their minds about that this year. The stage just seems set right now for a big season up here in Titletown.
I'm feeling very good about this season. Very good.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Truth be told, at this time last year I had a ton of confidence in our offense and was more skeptical about our defense and special teams. One year later, I have more confidence in our defense and special teams but a few too many question marks surrounding our offense to be 100% confident they will dominate. Lacy and the receiving corp. (including TE) will be the key to the Packers success in 2016.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing, Captain. I remember how excited everyone was last year with our depth at WR and the overall athleticism of the team. Then the injury bug bit a lot of players and the depth especially of the OL was not good.

I never over-estimate the number of wins because it doesn't allow for the unexpected.

I could see us going 11-5 or even 12-4 but I won't estimate any higher than that.

D

Deleted member 6794

Truth be told, at this time last year I had a ton of confidence in our offense and was more skeptical about our defense and special teams. One year later, I have more confidence in our defense and special teams but a few too many question marks surrounding our offense to be 100% confident they will dominate. Lacy and the receiving corp. (including TE) will be the key to the Packers success in 2016.

I feel more confident about the Packers defense now than before last season but there are still some question marks on the unit at nose tackle and inside linebacker. I'm not worried about the offense at all and expect them to bounce back from a subpar performance in 2015.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

But im sure before Jordy's injury

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel more confident about the Packers defense now than before last season but there are still some question marks on the unit at nose tackle and inside linebacker. I'm not worried about the offense at all and expect them to bounce back from a subpar performance in 2015.

The good thing is we know ILB is upgraded....the issue is we have ZERO clue to what degree, but a Ryan with a year under his belt and a 4th round pick with skill and hopefully (knock on wood) a healthy Sam already mean better than last year.....the question is to what degree? We talking a F to a D- type upgrade or a couple letter grade spots?

Performance at NT is a bigger question mark honestly for me if we've held serve or upgraded (doubt it right now).

D

Deleted member 6794

The good thing is we know ILB is upgraded....the issue is we have ZERO clue to what degree, but a Ryan with a year under his belt and a 4th round pick with skill and hopefully (knock on wood) a healthy Sam already mean better than last year.....the question is to what degree? We talking a F to a D- type upgrade or a couple letter grade spots?

Performance at NT is a bigger question mark honestly for me if we've held serve or upgraded (doubt it right now).

With Matthews moving back outside there´s no guarantee the Packers have improved at inside linebacker compared to last season. At nose tackle the team at least will have three legitimate options to line up at the position once Pennel returns from his suspension.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay true, although he has played inside I've never counted him as one of our ILB'ers. You are correct though in the statement if including him in the review of our ILB.

D

Deleted member 6794

Okay true, although he has played inside I've never counted him as one of our ILB'ers. You are correct though in the statement if including him in the review of our ILB.

Even if I exclude Matthews there's no guarantee Ryan improves over his rookie season, Barrington is able to return to full strength and Martinez living up to his draft status or the praise he received during offseason practices. I'm optimistic about the unit being better than last season as well but it's far from a given.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I think a lot of people are missing the point in regards to Jordy playing in the slot. MM even talked about "big bodies with speed running down the middle of the field." Jordy is a big body with speed. Also, if you look at last season things were still going okay until Monty got hurt. Montgomery is a key component for it all to work. He can play in the backfield allowing Cobb to line up outside or vice versa. Davis is definitely an "out side guy." Janis proved he can win match ups outside. I don't want to get too excited just yet about our UDFA's but I see way more upside in them then Myles White for example. We kinda learned that Adams isn't a 1 or a 2 but IMO he can still be a productive 3 or a 4 at the very least.

Now if injuries decimate our receivers then it might not work but I see the offense primed to break records if they can stay healthy and the depth is incredible. MM has some new wrinkles in the offense as well. If you can't get excited about this offense then I don't know what to tell ya. We have the OL to block with 5 and Aaron gets the ball out better then any anyone in the league if the talent around him allows him to do that. Match ups will be there.

Lastly, Cook was a huge signing IMO. He has a very high ceiling in this offense playing with the other talent around him,

16-0 doesn't mean a Super Bowl but there is a reason Las Vegas has Pack favored in all 16 games.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think a lot of people are missing the point in regards to Jordy playing in the slot. MM even talked about "big bodies with speed running down the middle of the field." Jordy is a big body with speed. Also, if you look at last season things were still going okay until Monty got hurt. Montgomery is a key component for it all to work. He can play in the backfield allowing Cobb to line up outside or vice versa. Davis is definitely an "out side guy." Janis proved he can win match ups outside. I don't want to get too excited just yet about our UDFA's but I see way more upside in them then Myles White for example. We kinda learned that Adams isn't a 1 or a 2 but IMO he can still be a productive 3 or a 4 at the very least.

Now if injuries decimate our receivers then it might not work but I see the offense primed to break records if they can stay healthy and the depth is incredible. MM has some new wrinkles in the offense as well. If you can't get excited about this offense then I don't know what to tell ya. We have the OL to block with 5 and Aaron gets the ball out better then any anyone in the league if the talent around him allows him to do that. Match ups will be there.

I expect the Packers to end up as one of the highest scoring teams in the league in 2016 as well.

With that being said it makes no sense to line up receivers out of position. Nelson is best suited to play on the outside while Cobb and Montgomery excel in the slot. The coaching staff will rightfully continue to play them to their strengths.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lastly, Cook was a huge signing IMO. He has a very high ceiling in this offense playing with the other talent around him,

16-0 doesn't mean a Super Bowl but there is a reason Las Vegas has Pack favored in all 16 games.

I'm sure he could play the slot, but I'd probably rather play him outside as I'd be willing to bet this would move space into the middle of the field, as he draws double coverage when he's out there.

I'm not going to bet on 16-0, but I might be willing to spot anyone willing to take it that we've got a squad capable winning 13 games and capable of murdering Seattle and Carolina both by 20 plus points.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm not going to bet on 16-0, but I might be willing to spot anyone willing to take it that we've got a squad capable winning 13 games and capable of murdering Seattle and Carolina both by 20 plus points.

I agree that the Packers are capable of winning 13 games in 2016 but beating Carolina by more than 20 points is completely unrealistic.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure he could play the slot, but I'd probably rather play him outside as I'd be willing to bet this would move space into the middle of the field, as he draws double coverage when he's out there.

Judging by the Capt's post after this one, it looks like we've got a bet brewing. Different approached to that in other forums - what would you suggest as the wager?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts