Votes: 37 42.0%
  • No, it will be either 9-7 or 10-6 with a wildcard spot

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • No, we're not making the playoffs

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 6794

I remember a couple times him having far more than 2nd place around midaeason. One year he was coming up on 40 or something stupid not long after mid season. So i assumed...

To be fair, Rodgers was actually the most sacked quarterback in the league in 2012 but when talking about the offensive line's performance I took a look at teams stats. The Cardinals, starting four different QBs that season, ended up allowing the most sacks.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One scribe had the Packers, statistically, with the weakest schedule in the league based on last season's standings. With that in mind, they MUST get to 13-3 or it will expose them as pretenders. I hate the Vikings, but don't be surprised to see two of the losses to Minnesota.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One scribe had the Packers, statistically, with the weakest schedule in the league based on last season's standings. With that in mind, they MUST get to 13-3 or it will expose them as pretenders. I hate the Vikings, but don't be surprised to see two of the losses to Minnesota.

2 losses to the Vikings? It could happen but I would definitely be surprised. A jordy-less Packers team split with the Vikings last year

D

Deleted member 6794

I´m still convinced the Vikings are overrated. With the Packers offense hopefully getting back to an elite level I don´t see us losing to them next season.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I´m still convinced the Vikings are overrated. With the Packers offense hopefully getting back to an elite level I don´t see us losing to them next season.

The Vikings are a good enough team but if the Packers lose both games to them they will be lucky to be a wild card them. The Vikings are building a very nice defense and have a good running game. That will win games. However their passing games is still pedestrian at best. We think our ilb group is weak look at their receiving group with Diggs Charles Johnson and Jarius Wright.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Vikings are building a very nice defense and have a good running game. That will win games. However their passing games is still pedestrian at best. We think our ilb group is weak look at their receiving group with Diggs Charles Johnson and Jarius Wright.

In my opinion the Vikings are a mediocre team. It´s true that their defense and running game are pretty good but without an above average passing offense there´s no way they´re a contender.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion the Vikings are a mediocre team. It´s true that their defense and running game are pretty good but without an above average passing offense there´s no way they´re a contender.

I agree. I have to live in Minnesota and put up with the insane off season optimism of Viking fans. If AP takes even a small step back they could easily be out of the playoffs.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good points about the Vikings passing game and the need for Bridgewater to take a big next step to be legit contenders.
It looks likely that help will come in the draft with a top WR. Zimmer is an excellent coach , the defense is strong, and they still have Peterson. They're definitely on the upswing.
Something that bothers me though, and it's not just here. The idea that the Vikings suck, they're a fluke, we'll coast by them twice and win the division smacks of fan arrogance.
Just a reminder...the Vikings are the defending NFC North champions. They got that way by walking into Lambeau on the final day of the season and beating the Packers.

D

Deleted member 6794

Something that bothers me though, and it's not just here. The idea that the Vikings suck, they're a fluke, we'll coast by them twice and win the division smacks of fan arrogance.
Just a reminder...the Vikings are the defending NFC North champions. They got that way by walking into Lambeau on the final day of the season and beating the Packers.

I´m more than capable of giving credit to other good teams as I don´t think the Packers are the front-runners to win the NFC this season. I honestly believe the Vikings aren´t on the same level as the Packers though.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good points about the Vikings passing game and the need for Bridgewater to take a big next step to be legit contenders.
It looks likely that help will come in the draft with a top WR. Zimmer is an excellent coach , the defense is strong, and they still have Peterson. They're definitely on the upswing.

If the Packers look like the team the Vikings beat at Lambeau last year than sure the Vikings could sweep the Packers but that team also blew out the Vikings a month earlier. And lets be clear I dont think anyone expects the Packers to look like that. Now if injuries and hamburgers hinder our offensive stars then sure but with a healthy Jordy, Cobb, Montgomery, Rodgers, an in shape Lacy and adding Cook should mean the offense will be quite difference. My biggest fear with the Vikings is their only offensive strength is AP and right now we dont have much on the dline. I think our pass rush and secondary can shut down the Vikings meager passing game. I dont think a late first round rookie wr, in a poor wr class, will change that offense a ton

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Jaguars are putting together a group capable of kicking the Packers *****.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they had some big Olinemen go down last year. and added someone i thought i read. I suspect they are building that line. Combined with Peterson trying to go out like a champion... Never under estimate a person of his greatness.

But a healthy Packers, IMO are the best team in the league.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think the Jaguars are putting together a group capable of kicking the Packers *****.

The Jaguars finished 5-11 last season and even the additiona of Malik Jackson, Chris Ivory and Kelvin Beachum win't make them an above average team.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

About the Vikings, come on now, we aren't going to lose 2 to them. Yeah I could see us splitting the series, but no way are we going to get swept by them, not with Jordy coming back and what should be a vastly improved Rodgers game. As to them being overrated ... I guess that would depend on what the NFL pundits are saying they're going to finish at and I can't see them saying they're going to finish at some whopping high flying 14-2 record or something crazy like that. I think they'll probably meet right at where they're expected to be this year, somewhere in the 9-7 camp (maybe 10-6 if they're a little more fortunate), and I only say that because compared to Detroit and Chicago, they're in much better shape than those 2, but we're not losing the division to Minny this year.

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're supposed to be scared against the Vikings? lol I don't want to call it early, but nothing about that team scares. If TT builds up the DL in the draft and gets us some good good beef, I don't see anything the Vikes could throw at us that we couldn't handle. Look how we manhandled AP.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Jaguars finished 5-11 last season and even the additiona of Malik Jackson, Chris Ivory and Kelvin Beachum win't make them an above average team.

Yeah, I'm not sure where he came up with that off-the-wall prediction, not to mention Gus Bradley is already under heat and if he doesn't deliver a real culture change right out the gate this year, I'm pretty sure he'll be looking for work by season's end.

I could see the surprise team of the AFC being Oakland - for various reasons, but I won't derail this thread into that.

Obviously, our biggest question mark with this season is how well-positioned will we be in the playoffs? And I think it will be very well compared to the last few years.

1. Just my hunch, but I think the NFC West firewall that we've run into 5 of our last 6 playoff losses will not be there anymore. I could actually see the NFC West only fielding one playoff team (likely Arizona) this year, and that team IMO will not have a 1st round bye, may not make it to play us, and if they do, it'll be in Lambeau Field and we're especially not losing to AZ in Lambeau in January.

2. I think the team that would be our toughest competition in the playoffs is Carolina, and I think we will meet them there whether it's the NFC Championship, or the divisional round, but I think it will be them who we ultimately face. Of course I don't know, maybe there is a surprise coming out of the NFC East, or another team out of the south, the league always does have surprises, but I think the race will ultimately be between us, and them.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not sure where he came up with that off-the-wall prediction
, not to mention Gus Bradley is already under heat and if he doesn't deliver a real culture change right out the gate this year, I'm pretty sure he'll be looking for work by season's end.

I could see the surprise team of the AFC being Oakland - for various reasons, but I won't derail this thread into that.
Yeah, I'm not sure where he came up with that off-the-wall prediction, not to mention Gus Bradley is already under heat and if he doesn't deliver a real culture change right out the gate this year, I'm pretty sure he'll be looking for work by season's end.

Obviously, our biggest question mark with this season is how well-positioned will we be in the playoffs? And I think it will be very well compared to the last few years.

1. Just my hunch, but I think the NFC West firewall that we've run into 5 of our last 6 playoff losses will not be there anymore. I could actually see the NFC West only fielding one playoff team (likely Arizona) this year, and that team IMO will not have a 1st round bye, may not make it to play us, and if they do, it'll be in Lambeau Field and we're especially not losing to AZ in Lambeau in January.

2. I think the team that would be our toughest competition in the playoffs is Carolina, and I think we will meet them there whether it's the NFC Championship, or the divisional round, but I think it will be them who we ultimately face. Of course I don't know, maybe there is a surprise coming out of the NFC East, or another team out of the south, the league always does have surprises, but I think the race will ultimately be between us, and them.

Don't know if you were referring to my post, but if you were, it was a statement, not a prediction.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they had some big Olinemen go down last year. and added someone i thought i read. I suspect they are building that line. Combined with Peterson trying to go out like a champion... Never under estimate a person of his greatness.

But a healthy Packers, IMO are the best team in the league.

They did have some injuries and added a solid guard but they are still weak at the other guard and LT. The guard theyour did get is coming off a down year

D

Deleted member 6794

While I agree the Panthers seem to be the team to beat in the NFC I would add the Seahawks and Cardinals to the shirt list joining the Packers as favourites for a trip to the Super Bowl.

D

Deleted member 6794

They did have some injuries and added a solid guard but they are still weak at the other guard and LT. The guard theyour did get is coming off a down year

I think Boone was an odd choice for the Vikings to sign. While he excels in pass protection he struggles blocking for the run. With the offense being designed around Peterson that was a strange move.

Members online