Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem is that statement was poorly worded, and what one would assume from reading it was that the Jags have a team that the Packers match up poorly against all across the board and are a better team overall than us. I don't buy that at all, as does nobody unless they actually do it on the field. Having said that, it doesn't mean a loss to them is out of the question, any team can have a great game while any team can have a bad one, most of us have been here long enough to have seen craziness like that in our lifetimes. But by the normal A-Game to A-Game matchups, no they don't beat us.

And using the losses at home against Detroit and Chicago last year doesn't validate it either, because most of our losses last year including those, were Rodgers being mentally off his game, a phenomena that yes nobody can give a real clear answer to, but one that I don't see being a permanent fixture from here on out. Yes some reasons for that were external forces (receivers, O-line, play calling, etc.), but ultimately the way he was throwing the ball out there, whether it was pressing the issue and throwing wild balls, or not trusting his instincts to thread the needle and hesitating to throw, something was up with him personally. Now, obviously we can't say for sure that that problem has stopped, but I really believe after a season like last year, an offseason to hit the reset button, the return of Jordy and a lot of other things I believe change going into this year, Rodgers will get back to the form and pinpoint accuracy we've all come to know and expect of him.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem is that statement was poorly worded, and what one would assume from reading it was that the Jags have a team that the Packers match up poorly against all across the board and are a better team overall than us. I don't buy that at all, as does nobody unless they actually do it on the field. Having said that, it doesn't mean a loss to them is out of the question, any team can have a great game while any team can have a bad one, most of us have been here long enough to have seen craziness like that in our lifetimes. But by the normal A-Game to A-Game matchups, no they don't beat us.

And using the losses at home against Detroit and Chicago last year doesn't validate it either, because most of our losses last year including those, were Rodgers being mentally off his game, a phenomena that yes nobody can give a real clear answer to, but one that I don't see being a permanent fixture from here on out. Yes some reasons for that were external forces (receivers, O-line, play calling, etc.), but ultimately the way he was throwing the ball out there, whether it was pressing the issue and throwing wild balls, or not trusting his instincts to thread the needle and hesitating to throw, something was up with him personally. Now, obviously we can't say for sure that that problem has stopped, but I really believe after a season like last year, an offseason to hit the reset button, the return of Jordy and a lot of other things I believe change going into this year, Rodgers will get back to the form and pinpoint accuracy we've all come to know and expect of him.

I'll go with poorly worded; not the first time I've tripped myself up on this forum. Simple statement to mean what a joke is is to think any game vs any opponent is 'in the bag'. The losses to Det and Chi are perfect examples of that. As to Jax, not noticing that this is a team with a good young QB and other young talent in place while aggressively pursuing more talent isn't a team on the upswing that could very well beat us as the Bears and Lions did is just not paying attention.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I guess we'll get to see right off the bat if they are, starting week 1.

I'd say, barring anything stunning by that Jags team, we move forward looking like this ...

Start out weeks 1-3 at 2-1 with wins at J-ville and at home vs Detroit, and the loss at Minny. I'd say we've got the bye week at the right time vs the Giants, we hopefully come into that game with a very healthy squad as that will be the key.

Going up against them has both pros and cons. The advantages we might have are it being Sunday night and at home, the fact that McAdoo has had to go up the ladder quick to that head coach spot and is going to be tested very early, this might be a tough one for him. What we have to worry about here is that the offensive system he's implemented did help Eli have a great year last year, and the D is going to have its hands full with Odell Beckam. The main unknowns are whether or not their D will be improved from its atrociousness last year, and if their run game is a threat at all. I think we do win this, but we're going to have to bring the A-game for it.

We beat them and I think we got a favorable next 2 weeks against Dallas and Chicago, hopefully making it 5-1 heading into Atlanta. This game I'm a bit unsure of as their season last year was such a mixed bag it was like you had 2 Falcons teams. We haven't lost to them since November of 2010 and the matchup once again looks favorable, but we'd probably better hope we get the bad Matt Ryan in this game and not the good one.

After that, I think the next 3 games all look good for us. Next challenge will be at Philly on a Monday night, and that one is probably going to be the last challenging one in our way. But after that, I think we'll win the next 4 as they look pretty favorable, though Seattle would be a "?". Then capping it off, it depends on what we're looking at playoff-wise as to how we approach that game in Detroit.

GB2016

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope the TE's brings some excitement this year to help us get to 13 wins.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this a joke? LOL

The Jags are an upstart franchise looking for better years. They have a QB to be excited about now. They are going into this coming season with bigger than ever before expectations. Don't take the Jags lightly. They are more than capable of upsetting us at their place on opening day. MORE than capable. Now, if we play Packer football, we'll be fine. But to say its a joke if they can beat us or not is asinine.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, here's how the NFC Playoff Standings are gonna shake down by seasons end. I hate Vegas and they know nothing about football, so this is my line and I'm calling myself better than any fool living in NV.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Booyah

well .... give or take some on the Tampa Bay record, might bump them up to 7-9 because Winston does look like he might have potential to succeed in the pros and Tampa did finish at 6-10 which all things considering wasn't that bad, but not convinced their current HC can get it done and their D is still suspect. But other than that, I'd say this comes out about accurate.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

So, here's how the NFC Playoff Standings are gonna shake down by seasons end. I hate Vegas and they know nothing about football, so this is my line and I'm calling myself better than any fool living in NV.

Booyah

well .... give or take some on the Tampa Bay record, might bump them up to 7-9 because Winston does look like he might have potential to succeed in the pros and Tampa did finish at 6-10 which all things considering wasn't that bad, but not convinced their current HC can get it done and their D is still suspect. But other than that, I'd say this comes out about accurate.

I think the Bears, Cardinals and Seahawks end up with a better record. On the other hand I don't see Atlanta and Los Angeles winning that many games.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Bears and Minny end up .500 or better. I expect 11 wins out of us and could see 13 I'd place our over under at 12. Minny's at 9 and Chicago's at 8.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Booyah

What has Seattle done to be relegated to an 8-8 season? Or LA to be at 9-7 for that matter? I can get down with the rest though. I do agree with Captain that the Bears will be more than a 5 win team as well.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Jags are an upstart franchise looking for better years. They have a QB to be excited about now. They are going into this coming season with bigger than ever before expectations. Don't take the Jags lightly. They are more than capable of upsetting us at their place on opening day. MORE than capable. Now, if we play Packer football, we'll be fine. But to say its a joke if they can beat us or not is asinine.

Couldn't agree more, very well said and spot on.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What has Seattle done to be relegated to an 8-8 season? Or LA to be at 9-7 for that matter? I can get down with the rest though. I do agree with Captain that the Bears will be more than a 5 win team as well.

Lost just about all their O-line from last year including Russell Okung, as well as Bruce Irvin and Marshawn Lynch. Teams are going to all out blitz Russell Wilson and I guarantee you you're going to see major holes in that team leaking this year. People don't seem to get how bad they've regressed.

And LA will be better with Goff, a healthy combo of Mason and Gurley, and a defense that keeps getting better. Not to mention they've owned the Seahawks' butts lately.

Last edited:

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lost just about all their O-line from last year including Russell Okung, as well as Bruce Irvin and Marshawn Lynch. Teams are going to all out blitz Russell Wilson and I guarantee you you're going to see major holes in that team leaking this year. People don't seem to get how bad they've regressed.

And LA will be better with Goff, a healthy combo of Mason and Gurley, and a defense that keeps getting better. Not to mention they've owned the Seahawks' butts lately.

Eh, Seattle will still be good. Their OLine was terrible last year and they seemed to figure it out, Lynch only played in 7 games last year also. RW has been sacked 44, 42, and 45 times the last 3 years respectively so it's not like the OLine has done a great job of protecting him even with Okung and others. They haven't regressed as bad as you're making it seem, have they regressed? Sure but I think they start slow much like last year but they'll win more than 8 games. That D is still really good.

Not buying LA, and I think they stay right around 7 wins like last year. QB's rarely come in and have an immediate impact. I agree that their D is really good but Gurley can't do it all on O and I think they're a couple years away yet from being legitimate contenders in the NFC.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Rams are not only in a pretty tough division, but their 2016 schedule doesn't look easy on paper. Couple that with potentially starting a rookie QB. For those reasons, I don't see them winning many games. Titan fans will be drooling as a top 5 pick potentially will land in their laps as part of the deal to draft Goff.

Last edited:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they can have decent luck with injuries, Nelson picks up where he left off and Lacy bounces back, there's no reason they should win less than 13 games.
Those predicting the Seahawks demise will again be disappointed.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rams are not only in a pretty tough division, but there 2016 schedule doesn't look easy on paper. Couple that with potentially starting a rookie QB. For those reasons, I don't see them winning many games. Titan fans will be drooling as a top 5 pick potentially will land in their laps as part of the deal to draft Goff.

You do realize right that they swept Seattle last year and split the series vs Arizona and SF? Also almost beat Minny on the road. For whatever reason they crapped the bed against Chicago and just couldn't close the deal against Baltimore and SF the 2nd time around. I think that margin can improve as I'm one to think even being a rookie, that Goff's ceiling is higher than that of Foles or Keenum.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
You do realize right that they swept Seattle last year and split the series vs Arizona and SF? Also almost beat Minny on the road. For whatever reason they crapped the bed against Chicago and just couldn't close the deal against Baltimore and SF the 2nd time around. I think that margin can improve as I'm one to think even being a rookie, that Goff's ceiling is higher than that of Foles or Keenum.

Yup, realize what they did in 2015. But with a new city and a rookie QB, I think things will go down before they start to go up for the Rams.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, realize what they did in 2015. But with a new city and a rookie QB, I think things will go down before they start to go up for the Rams.
The Rams are building a very talented young team, but IMO, they're not ready yet. Depending on Goff, maybe 2017 it all starts to pay off for them.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, in the same vein as the Bears and Lions winning at Lambeau. Wasn't that hysterical?

Jaguars got some really good talent but they're probably a year away. I wouldn't be shocked if they upset us but it would be an upset.

Probably best we're playing them early before they develop and gel

ClaysSecondWife

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With a picture of Eddie Lacy on the set of some Cambpells Soup Ad surfacing, he looked the exact same weight as last season, and that has me worried. With a run game gimping along I can't see anything above 11-5.

Reaction score
I still have concerns us Patching the TE and ILB positions and all. If we had a probowler type at either position and remained relatively healthy 13-3 or 14-2
Much rides on the young ILB group.
I also understand that the crops were thin so we harvested what wasn't spoiled.. so 12-4 is likely with this schedule maybe, maybe 13-3
I do see us making an appearance at the NFC Championship game this year but the health of our team will decide anything beyond that.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts