• No, it will be either 9-7 or 10-6 with a wildcard spot

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • No, we're not making the playoffs

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How is that even possible? Lambeau Field is legendary for being a difficult venue, and especially in the playoffs.

Try running the numbers - that should give you answer. As the other poster noted, that was the case at one time, not the last few decades.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers have the easiest schedule in the league and with the offense hopefully returning to an elite level I fully expect the team to win at least 12 games.

Home field hasn't been an advantage recently, and not for quite some time in the playoffs.

The #1 seeds from each conference have met in the Super Bowl for three consecutive years.

Im just saying back to back 1st round ots to protect our mvp were obviously a high priority. Bulaga and sherrod were basicly non existant the first few years afterwards...

Although that does happen.... This was a strategic belly flop. Our ots have been crap for the most part since clifton and tauscher left...

I mean LOOK at rodgers sack totals since bulaga was drafted. He is mobile and still led the league a few times i believe... That is probabally the biggest reason seattle had their way with us those few years. And 9ers early on... And broncos this year creaming rodgers injuring him....

Its horrible luck and a big what if...

Bulaga has been injured a lot but when healthy he has been a decent right tackle. While the Packers have for sure allowed too many sacks over the last six seasons (25thbin the NFL) they have never been dead last in any of those seasons.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HEALTH....Packers can beat anyone when they are healthy. I'd rather lose three or four games and make a deep playoff run/win the SB ....than go undefeated or 15-1 and get upset at home in the playoffs...again. Dumb mental mistakes in critical moments have cost them a shot at the SB two seasons in a row.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have the easiest schedule in the league and with the offense hopefully returning to an elite level I fully expect the team to win at least 12 games.

The #1 seeds from each conference have met in the Super Bowl for three consecutive years.

That has nothing to do with my post.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

As a neutral observer, I's say that WIMM's first statement was just his position on the thread topic.

The second was apparently his response to your comment that home field hasn't been important lately, especially in the playoffs. I agree with both of you since I originally assumed you meant for the Packers (correctly) in response to a previous post, whereas WIMM, I think, took it to mean overall, in which case, he's correct, too.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm saying the Packers weren't very impressive at home last year, nor with a 4-5 home record in the playoffs for the last 13 years has home field been an advantage in the playoffs. Cut and dried. While #1 seeds have been to the SB the last 3 years is true, it has nothing to do with my point.
But all's good.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well, you didn't specifically talk about the Packers in your post. With #1 seeds being 12-0 at home in the playoffs over the last three season it's pretty obvious home field has been a huge advantage over that period.

I agree the Packers haven't benefitted from playing at home in the playoffs since losing for the first time in the postseason at Lambeau though.

Overall, home teams have won 62.4% of the postseason games since 2002, with most of the losses coming in the Wild Card round. In the Divisional round and conference championship the number increases to 68.2%, so there's still a significant advantage playing at home.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually I was specifically talking about the Packers. I had posted that the Packers recently, and for a long while in the playoffs, hadn't been so good at home. Another poster wondered how that could be with the Packers being so good and feared at Lambeau. I responded with the Packers having been swept at home last season by division opponents for the first time since 1968, and that since - and including- their first ever home playoff loss after the '02 season, they've been an unimpressive 4-5 in home playoff games. Don't know how I could have been more specific.

D

Deleted member 6794

Actually I was specifically talking about the Packers.

Here´s the post I replied to:

Home field hasn't been an advantage recently, and not for quite some time in the playoffs.

You didn´t mention the Packers with a single word, that´s why I assumed you were talking about the league in general. While you posted about the Packers struggling at home in the playoffs recently as well as during the 2015 season later in the thread you didn´t point that out before the post I quoted.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OMG, Cap, really? Really?? Who were CashinFist and I discussing- the Sheboygan Maulers? Check post # 18, although the whole thing should be obvious.

D

Deleted member 6794

OMG, Cap, really? Really?? Who were CashinFist and I discussing- the Sheboygan Maulers? Check post # 18, although the whole thing should be obvious.

I replied to post #13, five posts before you ever mentioned the Packers within this thread.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dear God... I didn't know Bill Clinton was a member. Gonna have to be super obvious from now on, as it seems everything depends on what the meaning of the word is is.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

HELL NO !!!! I like Cap a ton; he's smart , one of the sites best posters, and one of my favorites.
But if I go soft on him I'll be accused of favoritism. Can't have that. :p

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if one stepped back and tried to non-biasly produce the Packers Over/Under number it'd be 12 games. I see the team in double digits barring catastrophy...me personally I'm predicting 13-3. If forced I'd say 14 before 12 even if all stay healthy (the great "if" game)

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if one stepped back and tried to non-biasly produce the Packers Over/Under number it'd be 12 games. I see the team in double digits barring catastrophy...me personally I'm predicting 13-3. If forced I'd say 14 before 12 even if all stay healthy (the great "if" game)
I agree with this. I was thinking 12-4, but I'd bet on 13-3 vs 11-5.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bulaga has been injured a lot but when healthy he has been a decent right tackle. While the Packers have for sure allowed too many sacks over the last six seasons (25thbin the NFL) they have never been dead last in any of those seasons.
I remember a couple times him having far more than 2nd place around midaeason. One year he was coming up on 40 or something stupid not long after mid season. So i assumed...

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Heh, I'm not up on the lingo,VolvoD. The problem is every now and then, when I include someone's quote in my post, my post gets jumbled in the shaded box with their post. It's not like I'm doing anything different, it just happens now and then.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Heh, I'm not up on the lingo,VolvoD. The problem is every now and then, when I include someone's quote in my post, my post gets jumbled in the shaded box with their post. It's not like I'm doing anything different, it just happens now and then.

Are you highlighting the whole thread to reply to, or just parts of it ?