• No, it will be either 9-7 or 10-6 with a wildcard spot

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • No, we're not making the playoffs

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 6794

ok 12-4,
but it will still be behind the Vikings at 13-3.
the Packs defense isnt quite that good

The Vikings are the most overrated team in the NFL. Bridgewater is an average quarterback at best and while their defense is legit their offense will keep them from making the playoffs in 2016.

1940sfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings are the most overrated team in the NFL. Bridgewater is an average quarterback at best and while their defense is legit their offense will keep them from making the playoffs in 2016.

You can't be overrated when you just won a division 7 months ago.
Odds are both teams make the playoffs again this year. It's an objective,realistic possibility.

D

Deleted member 6794

You can't be overrated when you just won a division 7 months ago.
Odds are both teams make the playoffs again this year. It's an objective,realistic possibility.

Of course teams that have made the playoffs last season can be overrated. In my opinion the Vikings don't have the talent to win another 11 games this season.

1940sfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heck, the Broncos won it all last year, and...

What's your point.? Everything is a case by case basis.
Yes, both the Broncos and Minn. Have better defenses then the Packers.

This tribe mentality stuff won't change the fact that the Packers and Vikings are the teams competing for first place in the division and on the whole Minn. Right now,is a much better team.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't agree with the Vikings being a much better team, but they're certainly capable of beating the Packers and winning the division again.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heck, the Broncos won it all last year, and...

Here's what I've said, to be clear. I've said the Vikes will be in the hunt for the playoffs, I don't think it's too crazy to think they could get in as a 10-6 or even 9-7 team if the cards fall right, they have enough talent to do that.

BUT ... there is a big difference between that and getting a 13-3 elite record. That they're not going to do, and that I believe we are going to do. What I was hammering that guy on was he didn't seem to get that between the 3 QBs he mentioned, Kaep and Wilson became successful under that read-option based offense, a novelty at the time, but one that most defenses have since figured out, and while Wilson's been somewhat able to adapt his game beyond it, Kaep of course has not. Now, Cam isn't as much as read option guy, but he's a run-first guy who last year took to airing it out a lot more. I wouldn't be surprised though if more teams this year took on the Denver approach to stopping him and used that to rattle him. Bridgewater on the other hand, is not a run-first or even a dual threat QB. I've seen him all the way through Louisville and into the pros, and his strength is traditional pocket passing. That Rodney Pete reference had nothing to do with playoff records or anything, it was an example that just because a QB is black doesn't mean he's going to go speeding past linebackers and safeties or overpowering them into the endzone. Bridgewater can escape sometimes if he absolutely has to to avoid pressure, but he's not some speed demon that's going to be wheeling past you every other play.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's your point.? Everything is a case by case basis.
Yes, both the Broncos and Minn. Have better defenses then the Packers.

This tribe mentality stuff won't change the fact that the Packers and Vikings are the teams competing for first place in the division and on the whole Minn. Right now,is a much better team.

I hate to type long replies when I figure the point is obvious. However, in this case, you first contend that the Vikes can't be over-rated because they won last year, and WIMM rightly says that any team can be over-rated, regardless of last year's performance. I just piled on with the Broncos, who won the SB last year and have a very shaky team now, so they are perfectly capable of being over-rated. The argument, as I read it, wasn't about them being able to beat the Packers, or anybody else, just that it's silly to say a team can't be over-rated in general, and these two teams in particular.

D

Deleted member 6794

It's ludicrous to believe the Vikings are a much better team than the Packers because Minnesota won the division last season. The only reason that happened was Green Bay's offense struggling mightily in 2015 for several reasons.

With the unit most likely rebounding in a big way the Packers are the odds-on favorite to win the NFC North in 2016 again.

D

Deleted member 6794

I just piled on with the Broncos, who won the SB last year and have a very shaky team now, so they are perfectly capable of being over-rated.

The Broncos offense is shaky but their defense is still elite. They won the Super Bowl last season with a terrible passing game so I consider them a contender once again in 2016.

Last edited by a moderator:

1940sfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's ludicrous to believe the Vikings are a much better team than the Packers because Minnesota won the division last season. The only reason that happened was Green Bay's offense struggling mightily in 2015 for several reasons.

With the unit most likely rebounding in a big way the Packers are the odds-on favorite to win the NFC North in 2016 again.

It's not ludicrous at all. It's common sense.
The Vikings have a superior defense. You can't possibly not know that?

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Pretty sure this guy is a vikings homer

1940sfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty sure this guy is a vikings homer

Lol no, I am a Packers fan but I'm not a 12 year old boy anymore that needs to only root for one team or make fun of someone else's favorite team like it means something important.
I'm 51, I watch football for entertainment, not to worship one team. I call it like I see it and I enjoy being right.
The Packers will be good but not that good this time around.

D

Deleted member 6794

It's not ludicrous at all. It's common sense.
The Vikings have a superior defense. You can't possibly not know that?

Do you realize there's more to winning a football game than playing defense???

The Packers have the far superior offense compared to the Vikings. While Minnesota's defense is better than Green Bay's overall the Packers have the more talented roster.

Well..that by definition ,makes them much better ya know.

A team capable of beating another one doesn't make them much better by definition. You better think about that one more time.

1940sfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you realize there's more to winning a football game than playing defense???

The Packers have the far superior offense compared to the Vikings. While Minnesota's defense is better than Green Bay's overall the Packers have the more talented roster.

A team capable of beating another one doesn't make them much better by definition. You better think about that one more time.

Lol you are trying to create your own logic instead of grasping reality.
The Packers got lucky a couple times last year because Rodgers got lucky pulling off a couple late wins.

A team winning doesn't make them better? Of course it does or the playoffs would be a round Robin tournament lol.
The Packers were inferior last year when it counted. minn's defense will be stronger this year. You can't deny that.
Cut it out with the sports pseudo logic.
The Packers will make the Playoffs because of Rodgers but it won't be enough

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers got lucky a couple times last year because Rodgers got lucky pulling off a couple late wins.

The Packers won a single game on Rodgers late game heroics in Detroit but lost four regular season contests in 2015 on the last play of the game.

A team winning doesn't make them better? Of course it does or the playoffs would be a round Robin tournament lol.

The Packers split the series with the Vikings last season and advanced a round farther in the playoffs. Actually Green Bay had a more successful season.

The discussion was about this upcoming season though. The Vikings having a chance to defeat the Packers doesn't make them a much better team though but means they're talented enough to have a chance when facing each other (BTW something I don't agree with).

1940sfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers won a single game on Rodgers late game heroics in Detroit but lost four regular season contests in 2015 on the last play of the game.

The Packers split the series with the Vikings last season and advanced a round farther in the playoffs. Actually Green Bay had a more successful season.

The discussion was about this upcoming season though. The Vikings having a chance to defeat the Packers doesn't make them a much better team though but means they're talented enough to have a chance when facing each other (BTW something I don't agree with).

Lol if you are going in as a wild card playing an away game. It by definition means you did not have a more successful SEASON.

You are right Rodgers was actually a failer at last second heroics in both Arizona and the last game vs Vikings.
So he went 1-2.
If you are having to win games in the last second. You aren't consistent and aren't doing well.

You are also doing poorly if you lose 4 games on the last play. It means you can neither dominate nor finish

D

Deleted member 6794

Lol if you are going in as a wild card playing an away game. It by definition means you did not have a more successful SEASON.

Really??? I could swear the 2010 Packers had to play an away game during the wild card round on their way to winning the Super Bowl. Guess you don't consider that season a success either.

You are right Rodgers was actually a failer at last second heroics in both Arizona and the last game vs Vikings.
So he went 1-2.
If you are having to win games in the last second. You aren't consistent and aren't doing well.

You are also doing poorly if you lose 4 games on the last play. It means you can neither dominate nor finish

You mentioned the Packers were lucky last season because they won several games on late heroics by Rodgers. I was just pointing out you were completely wrong about it.

1940sfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really??? I could swear the 2010 Packers had to play an away game during the wild card round on their way to winning the Super Bowl. Guess you don't consider that season a success either.

You mentioned the Packers were lucky last season because they won several games on late heroics by Rodgers. I was just pointing out you were completely wrong about it.

SEASON- the Packers won the SB but they still went in as a wild card because they had a less successful SEASON.
you arent proving anything wrong.

and I agreed with you and corrected myself by pointing out they still did poorly when it counted multiple times.
if you are constantly losing games at the very end, You are having one sucky-junk year.

stop obsessing. Go sit in front of the tv and wait for a preseason game to come on.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

SEASON- the Packers won the SB but they still went in as a wild card because they had a less successful SEASON.
you arent proving anything wrong.

Do you realize the playoffs are the most important part of an NFL season and it doesn't matter which seed a team enters the postseason as long as they make it there???

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Broncos offense is shaky but their defense is still elite. They won the Super Bowl last season with a terrible passing game so I consider them a contender once again in 2016.

Maybe. I don't follow other teams all that much. Just have heard discussions that say they've lost some major pieces of the defense, too. Regardless, to you not think they could be over-rated? The original point I was shooting at was that the Vikes couldn't be over-rated BECAUSE they won the division.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol no, I am a Packers fan but I'm not a 12 year old boy anymore that needs to only root for one team or make fun of someone else's favorite team like it means something important.
I'm 51, I watch football for entertainment, not to worship one team. I call it like I see it and I enjoy being right.

Aren't those two mutually exclusive? :)

No problem with you being able to follow football without backing a team (although I don't understand the concept), but if so, why post to a forum exlcusively devoted to a single team and expect any other kind of input?

D

Deleted member 6794

Maybe. I don't follow other teams all that much. Just have heard discussions that say they've lost some major pieces of the defense, too. Regardless, to you not think they could be over-rated? The original point I was shooting at was that the Vikes couldn't be over-rated BECAUSE they won the division.

A lot depends on the performance by whoever ends up being the Broncos starting quarterback. Their defense will most likely miss Jackson and Trevathan but I still expect that unit to be elite.

I already agreed with you that a team can be overrated no matter what they did last season.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So 51 is when I'm going to start going senile. That is good to know. I still have time enjoying life before I go crazy. Whew.

Members online

Latest posts