• No, it will be either 9-7 or 10-6 with a wildcard spot

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • No, we're not making the playoffs

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems Nelson's recovery from the ACL injury was on schedule and he would have been able to practice if not for a hiccup in his other knee. I don't think fans should be concerned about his availability for week 1,

Nelson will likely start week one, but I am concerned about his knees.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nelson will likely start week one, but I am concerned about his knees.

And a legit one at that, but still I think even a Jordy at 75-80% is still better than no Jordy. I think we'll have that at least. Montgomery on the other hand I don't know. I'd think he'd be young enough that he'd be able to get past it, but no telling.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lets not forget about cobb's knee injury. that shot to his knee was worse than nelson landing on his.
And a legit one at that, but still I think even a Jordy at 75-80% is still better than no Jordy. I think we'll have that at least. Montgomery on the other hand I don't know. I'd think he'd be young enough that he'd be able to get past it, but no telling.

agree with Nelson. on the other hand, hate to say it but, I think Mont being out will give Davis enough room to shine.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or Janis for that matter. I mean no doubt they'll try and save him room on the AR, but obviously you can't go more than 5 WRs on a snap, and with that being unlikely our usual formation because of Jared Cook, and Montgomery in there might make it tough to get him in. But I really like his receiving abilities and want to see him used more actively in the O.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I didn't catch all of family night and won't read much into it anyway, but maybe a few things that you can take away.

Adams was kind of a mix tonight. Saw him make some great catches, but he dropped a couple too. One down the sidelines was kinda 50/50 as Rodgers put it up a bit too high. That missed TD catch on that 2-minute drill though is one he probably shoulda had.

Also, I'm not trying to be too picky on this either, but there was some happy feet stuff going on with Rodgers as well. It is early and in this game there's all that pre-season jitter, and some room for error, but in a year where you want to see a bounceback that is something you might keep an eye on. Think we need to work on keeping that pocket from collapsing too much, but yeah ... gotta hope Rodgers will be back mentally to what he was in 2014 and prior.

D

Deleted member 6794

It's probable that Nelson at only 80% has troubles separating from defensive backs. Hopefully he will be able to get back to full strength by the start of the regular season.

lets not forget about cobb's knee injury. that shot to his knee was worse than nelson landing on his.

I don't think that Cobb suffering a knee injury nearly three years ago is teason for concern.

Or Janis for that matter. I mean no doubt they'll try and save him room on the AR, but obviously you can't go more than 5 WRs on a snap, and with that being unlikely our usual formation because of Jared Cook, and Montgomery in there might make it tough to get him in. But I really like his receiving abilities and want to see him used more actively in the O.

Janis won't get any meaningful snaps on offense as long as he doesn't significantly reduce his mental mistakes in practice. Most likely he will make the roster because of his performance on special teams though.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think that Cobb suffering a knee injury nearly three years ago is teason for concern.

Yes his point was that Cobb recovering full speed from that should prove Nelson can. Still crossing my fingers but I'm hopeful of that.

But like I said, my biggest concern after Sunday is just hoping Rodgers stops having happy feet too much this year.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I will not worry about the end results on the scoreboard of tonight's game regardless of what they are .... BUT, there are things that have been nagging at my mind all the way through to season's beginning.

First of course is that we'd better have Jordy and Jared ready to go by week 1 because I think at that point we can ill-afford them to be MIA.

Second though is that I think, even in these preseason games, we need to see that Rodgers is back to being able to beat the blitz. This I think was the big monkey on the back last year that plagued our team in the 2nd half of the season. In years before, blitzing Rodgers was just not something you did because he'd burn you with big strikes if you did. Last year opponents would send it and Rodgers would go trying to spin away from it or go laterally and just end up chucking it to nobody, or somewhere where James Jones was way off the route. This is something that definitely has to be changed if we're going to get this train moving again, having the hot reads readily availabls to fire away at.

D

Deleted member 6794

Second though is that I think, even in these preseason games, we need to see that Rodgers is back to being able to beat the blitz.

Teams play a lot of vanilla defense during the preseason and hardly blitz opposing quarterbacks. With Rodgers for sure being on a snap count you will have to wait until the regular season to assess him dealing with pressure.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly as long as we make the playoffs its all good......

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HFA advantage sounds good, too, but neither that nor the bye (understanding that if you have the latter, you have the former) have been of much value over a good many years.

D

Deleted member 6794

HFA advantage sounds good, too, but neither that nor the bye (understanding that if you have the latter, you have the former) have been of much value over a good many years.

While it's true the Packers haven't benefitted from playing at home or having a week off in the playoffs during Rodgers career as a starter I would still prefer the team to secure one of the top two spots in the NFC.

I'm well aware having a first round bye doesn't guarantee success in the playoffs though.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It ultimately comes down to either how much momentum you're running on going into the playoffs, or basically the level of play you bring into them with you. Our playoff losses at home have been the lack of both, either peaking too soon, or just not building enough confidence heading in (2013).

The way the landscape is shaping up this year though, I think we'd have a much better shot punching our ticket to Houston by making the NFC's road go through the frozen tundra.

D

Deleted member 6794

It ultimately comes down to either how much momentum you're running on going into the playoffs, or basically the level of play you bring into them with you. Our playoff losses at home have been the lack of both, either peaking too soon, or just not building enough confidence heading in (2013).

I don't believe in momentum playing a huge role but agree teams have to perform close to their potential to win in the playoffs.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok 12-4,
but it will still be behind the Vikings at 13-3.
the Packs defense isnt quite that good

Oh good lord, the Vikings somehow go 13-3 and we don't? What in the world?

And don't get me wrong, I've said the Vikings will be good this year as in I think about 10-6 good, but not 13-3 good, not when they gotta play both the Cardinals and Panthers and the Colts on the road I believe.

I think we'll split our 2 games with them, but they're not going upwards of 13-3 or better period, Bridgewater isn't good enough to do that.

1940sfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh good lord, the Vikings somehow go 13-3 and we don't? What in the world?

And don't get me wrong, I've said the Vikings will be good this year as in I think about 10-6 good, but not 13-3 good, not when they gotta play both the Cardinals and Panthers and the Colts on the road I believe.

I think we'll split our 2 games with them, but they're not going upwards of 13-3 or better period, Bridgewater isn't good enough to do that.

the Panthers were last years hot team. I'm already picking the Vikings to beat them.
Vikings went 11-5 last year and would have been 12-4 without injuries.
Bridgewater is now going to be obviously better than last year.

Bridgewater isn't good enough to do that.
Kaepernick/niners werent either but they did.
Cam cant even throw consistently and they went an SB too.
Wilson is the luckiest late game passer in the history of mankind

the nfc keeps sending teams to the SB with scrambling QBs who get lucky on deep throws.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the nfc keeps sending teams to the SB with scrambling QBs who get lucky on deep throws.

You obviously don't watch much football because Bridgewater is not a scrambling QB. Don't be thinking that just cuz some QB is black that that automatically makes them a runner. He's a pocket passer that I'd call a better version of Rodney Pete or something like that, but he's not anything like Kaep or Vick.

1940sfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You obviously don't watch much football because Bridgewater is not a scrambling QB. Don't be thinking that just cuz some QB is black that that automatically makes them a runner. He's a pocket passer that I'd call a better version of Rodney Pete or something like that, but he's not anything like Kaep or Vick.

LOL
ohh sure,yep, I dont watch much football...?
30 years. Can we please stop with the internet tough guy comments. I'm 51,maybe you better grow up and change your tone. ( also,its not my fault the black QBs I mentioned also happen to very mobile,its a fact,not a racial comment)

regardless if you call him a pocket passer or not,my point obviously still valid with all the mobile QBs that have gone lately. Also he is younger and more mobile still. They wouldnt be investing in a spread offense if they didnt think he could throw. That should be self explanatory.

and you cant compare Bridgewater to a back up who never played full seasons,and went 20 for 32 in 3 playoff games in 14 years.
Teddy went 17 for 24 last year against the Seahawks. Not too shabby.

the Packers will be good as always but the way the Vikings have played and are set up to play this year,it might not be good enough.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't wait for Vikings fans to come back to reality this season.