• No, it will be either 9-7 or 10-6 with a wildcard spot

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • No, we're not making the playoffs

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Most of the guys on the bottom of the depth chart are camp bodies only but you don't seem to get that. We'll revisit this thread once Hawkins gets released.

Mike Daniels called it an "All-Star roster" yesterday. Guess he is delusional too. You can go all the way down to Geronimo Allison and see talent.

Can you get that?

D

Deleted member 6794

Mike Daniels called it an "All-Star roster" yesterday. Guess he is delusional too. You can go all the way down to Geronimo Allison and see talent.

Can you get that?

All of the players currently on the Packers roster are talented, otherwise they wouldn't have made it that far. 35 of these guys will be cut before the season starts though. It seems like you have a hard time understanding that.

It's obvious Daniels was exaggerating, not surprising you didn't get that though. Currently there are three players on the team's roster that have made the first All-Pro team during their career, hardly good enough to be labelled as an All-Star roster.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
All of the players currently on the Packers roster are talented, otherwise they wouldn't have made it that far. 35 of these guys will be cut before the season starts though. It seems like you have a hard time understanding that.

It's obvious Daniels was exaggerating, not surprising you didn't get that though. Currently there are three players on the team's roster that have made the first All-Pro team during their career, hardly good enough to be labelled as an All-Star roster.

Look, If you want to worry about something, then Worry about all the bandwagon fans set to come on in here and everywhere else very soon.

Rodgers said "competition coming" is certain and Jordy said it was "best first offensive practice he had seen in all his days playing football" but I'm sure there exaggerating too. That's what you want in camp is "competition." Go as your buddy Pete Carroll.

I see a "Speed Show" at Lambeau on the horizon. This team is flat out "Fast" and not with just track stars.

D

Deleted member 6794

Look, If you want to worry about something, then Worry about all the bandwagon fans set to come on in here and everywhere else very soon.

Rodgers said "competition coming" is certain and Jordy said it was "best first offensive practice he had seen in all his days playing football" but I'm sure there exaggerating too. That's what you want in camp is "competition." Go as your buddy Pete Carroll.

I see a "Speed Show" at Lambeau on the horizon. This team is flat out "Fast" and not with just track stars.

Geez, I love fans overreacting to what they read on a website about a training camp practice.

Let me be clear about this once again, the Packers have one of the most talented rosters in the NFL and are one of the favorites to win the Super Bowl.

There's no reason to act like the team
is guaranteed hoisting the Lombardi Trophy in 2016 though.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Geez, I ove fans overreacting to what they read on a website about a camp practice.
Geez, I love fans overreacting to what they read on a website about a training camp practice.

Let me be clear about this once again, the Packers have one of the most talented rosters in the NFL and are one of the favorites to win the Super Bowl.

There's no reason to act like the team
is guaranteed hoisting the Lombardi Trophy in 2016 though.

Anyone that has been around knows there is no guarantee. You can only leverage so much but TT has done his part and it will become obvious very soon. I"m going to HOF game and will be at Lambeau for Oakland game and finish off pre-season at KC over at Arrowhead(get me some bbq at Jack Stacks). Then when Hawkins "makes team" we can re-visit.

I am gonna sit back and Enjoy as this team is "stacked".

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure hope so. Of course, I've hoped so since 2010. Guess this is one to file away and check again next February.

D

Deleted member 6794

Not this year. Guys that needed to gain quality weight did and guys that needed to lose weight and get "faster" did.

Add the injection of speed TT added and you got a "Winner."

Although you agree there aren't any guarantees in the NFL you continue to act as if you know for a fact the Packers will win the Super Bowl in 2016.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Although you agree there aren't any guarantees in the NFL you continue to act as if you know for a fact the Packers will win the Super Bowl in 2016.

It's called "probabilities" and I see them in Packers favor. I'm "all in" every year but I'm so far in this year you don't even know . lol,

Sit back and enjoy the show Captain, I'm gonna. I'm expecting a "Royal Flush"

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
See, it IS all about the measurables. :)

Partly yes. No replacement for "pure speed" and size too match. Especially in today's game. One of the reasons I am so excited is TT has brought in guys that are not only fast but can play.

D

Deleted member 6794

Partly yes. No replacement for "pure speed" and size too match. Especially in today's game. One of the reasons I am so excited is TT has brought in guys that are not only fast but can play.

The Packers only added a single fast players who is a lock to make the final roster in Jared Cook. I expect him to be a valuable asset for the Packers offense but the overall speed of the roster didn't change significantly compared to last season.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The Packers only added a single fast players who is a lock to make the final roster in Jared Cook. I expect him to be a valuable asset for the Packers offense but the overall speed of the roster didn't change significantly compared to last season.

I'm talking about overall "team speed."

Kenny Clark ran fast at his position and some say had the best "feet" in the draft. Adds premium speed and athleticism to N-Tackle.

Yes, Jared Cook is 4.5 guy

Soon everyone will be "googly gaga" over T.Davis. What makes Davis such a steal is he can hit "top gear" in just a couple steps. Acceleration is unreal. I called him "Gears" when he was at Cal. Also, Goff "under threw" him a lot at Cal. Well see what he does with Rodgers.

Frackwell has speed for his position and you can say the same for Blake Martinez.

Spriggs ran the fastest 40 of any O-Lineman. Dean Lowry ran fast.

On the UDFA front you got Dorleant and Hawkins who are 4.3 guys. Herb Waters is another "quick twitch" athlete that can accelerate nicely

Add the players currently on roster that dropped weight and yes this team is "faster" overall.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I'm talking about overall "team speed."

Kenny Clark ran fast at his position and some say had the best "feet" in the draft. Adds premium speed and athleticism to N-Tackle.

Yes, Jared Cook is 4.5 guy

Soon everyone will be "googly gaga" over T.Davis. What makes Davis such a steal is he can hit "top gear" in just a couple steps. Acceleration is unreal. I called him "Gears" when he was at Cal. Also, Goff "under threw" him a lot at Cal. Well see what he does with Rodgers.

Frackwell has speed for his position and you can say the same for Blake Martinez.

Spriggs ran the fastest 40 of any O-Lineman. Dean Lowry ran fast.

On the UDFA front you got Dorleant and Hawkins who are 4.3 guys. Herb Waters is another "quick twitch" athlete that can accelerate nicley

Add the players currently on roster that dropped weight and yes this team is "faster" overall.

Clark, Martinez and Fackrell aren't especially fast for their respective position. While you're right about Spriggs being the fastest offensive lineman it doesn't matter as much at his position.

Davis and the undrafted free agents aren't locks to make the final roster.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Clark, Martinez and Fackrell aren't especially fast for their respective position. While you're right about Spriggs being the fastest offensive lineman it doesn't matter as much at his position.

Let me add that all those guys that I listed are also "good football players." None of them are "slugs." TT killed it and your just gonna have to wait and watch it play out. We can re-visit all this later.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

You better write this one down too. Not only does T.Davis make 53 but he contributes.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You better write this one down too. Not only does T.Davis make 53 but he contributes.

I think that depends on what happens with Ty Montgomery. His injury is probably the one I'm most apprehensive about. Didn't recover fast enough to my liking and I think MM will be watching how he looks making his cuts and his overall agility. If he's not running like last year by the time the season rolls around, Trevor Davis just very might be taking his spot where he was last year. If he's performing at full speed though, gonna be tough to stick T. Davis in there, though I'd love having him split return duties with Ty Mont.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think that depends on what happens with Ty Montgomery. His injury is probably the one I'm most apprehensive about. Didn't recover fast enough to my liking and I think MM will be watching how he looks making his cuts and his overall agility. If he's not running like last year by the time the season rolls around, Trevor Davis just very might be taking his spot where he was last year. If he's performing at full speed though, gonna be tough to stick T. Davis in there, though I'd love having him split return duties with Ty Mont.

Montgomery is best suited to play in the slot while Davis is an outside receiver. As I've said before I believe the Packers will keep seven receivers on the roster if all of the top guys on the depth chart are healthy entering the season.

Stoft63

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sure hope so or at least a 12-4 record worst case scenerio with the schedule they have. Every year is different though I guess.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am apprehensive about Montgomery and Nelson, both had bad injuries and surgery, who knows how their bodies will react. The rest of the receiving corp better get ready.

D

Deleted member 6794

I am apprehensive about Montgomery and Nelson, both had bad injuries and surgery, who knows how their bodies will react. The rest of the receiving corp better get ready.

It seems Nelson's recovery from the ACL injury was on schedule and he would have been able to practice if not for a hiccup in his other knee. I don't think fans should be concerned about his availability for week 1,

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts