Wildcard Weekend Packers vs 49ers

hit and run

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Usually just to talk about that weeks upcoming game. Not to talk smack. Just to get a lay of the land. I have done so here before the last three games and for the most part found some knowledgeable posters.
Then your one of the band-wagon jumpers we all see in the Bay Area. I swear, I've lived in the Bay Area all my life and I've never seen "fans" like the 9ers. Lose one game, and no one, and mean no one, wears their hats, shirts, jerseys or jackets the whole next week. But, win a couple and you all come out of the woodwork and talk trash. It's truly pathetic. Back in the late 90's I couldn't walk into a sports bar in the San Jose area and find one "fan" wanting to watch their game. Oh, but now you've beaten the Packers three times in a row and you're all big and tuff. If the 9ers lose this weekend I guarantee I'll see NO jerseys, shirts, hats or anything until next year. But if the Packers lose, I'll still be sporting my colors the next day with pride. The funny thing is you know it's true. BTW, how did the previous eight outings against the Packers go for you band-wagoner's before you got on this big three game roll? At least the Raiders fans in the Bay Area stick with there team when their down - I have to give them that. Not so with the Whiner fans.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Nice generic jokes. Those supposed to be funny?

I didn't come here to argue with you peeps...but MAN. You are makin this EASY.

Excuse me asking but, if you didn`t come here to argue with us "Peeps", what other reason did you have for coming ?.
I seem to remember you came here last year, and you did the same then. I know I didn`t go on the 49ers forum talking smack, and the guys I know fairly well on here didn`t either to my knowledge, but you and your buddies come here repeatedly to give out crap, and when you get it back you get all hurt ?? Too fookin funny !!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Injury-wise, this year the 49ers have not escaped unscathed. There's a reason two people had all the receiving touchdowns until two weeks ago on this team. 3 of the top 4 WRs were out for most of the year. Also key defensive players were out for significant time, including a few starters. Again, none of that compares to losing Aaron Rodgers, but to claim the 49ers have again escaped injury is ignorant. Hell, even last year they had two huge injuries to Justin Smith (read: best player on the team) and Aldon Smith (read: second best player on the team), which turned the pass rush down the stretch into a joke.
Not 100% unscathed, but as close as it gets in this sport at this level.
Your WR losses aren't as bad as a great player like Cobb for 10 games, and both Smith's were still able to PLAY.
Contrast that to Clay Matthews, Nick Collins, Johnny Jolly, Casey Hayward, all good-great special players.
People wonder why our defense sucks. Let me take away 4 guys from your D, put them on IR. Let's see what difference that makes.

Packermaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1 Its always an advantage to play at home, but its not a big advantage. No longer is there a mystique about the Frozen Tundra; This isnt 1996 anymore.

2. They already held Lacy to 41 rush yards, Though Rodgers did get 333 yards, the GB Defense yet again got owned like they have a lot this year. Is Rodgers in game shape and ready to be what he was in game 1? We'll see

3. One of those losses was to the 49ers. When you were a more complete team, with a whole offseason to prepare for them. The home game matters only because the last time the two teams met in GB, 49ers won. Its just another road game.

4. Dont be surprised if one of the worst defenses steps it up? Alright. When was the last time they stepped it up anyway? The best defensive game theyve had since October 20th was giving up 21 to the Atlanta. Did you know GB givs up more points per game than they actually score? Lol. I'll believe it when I see it. Plus theyre without their best defensive player in Matthews, and when they had him they gave up 34 to the 49ers.

34 to the 49'ers at home. It doesn't matter if it's 1996 or 2153. GB @ home in the playoffs will always be tough for any team.

Also how many games had Lacy played at that point? You are trying to compare @ SF to @ GB as if it is the same thing. I like the discussion and I can appreciate you sticking up for your team, but as I said with Rodgers we are 3-0 at home this season. We are 24-3 in the last few seasons combined with him. If you think you're gonna walk in and blow us out you're insane. We won a Super Bowl in 2010 our defense stepped up. I think SF is good and on a good streak right now and I think it'll be a good game but it's not like you've been world beaters. In your last 8 games you played:

1. Carolina- Lost 10-9
2. New Orleans- Lost 23-20
3. Washington- Won 27-6 <----- Bad team.
4. St. Louis- Won 23-13
5. Seattle- Won 19-17 <----- Game was in SF. @ Seattle you got rolled 29-3.
6. Tampa Bay- Won 33-14 <----- Again a bad team.
7. Atlanta- Won 34-24 <------ Again bad team.
8. Arizona- Won 23-20 in OT. Solid win but SF wasn't impressive.

10 of your 16 games were against non playoff teams. Against playoff teams you went 2-4 and both of those wins came in SF. I'm not saying we did much better even if we had Rodgers throughout the season finished 12-4 we'd be close to that as well.

My point is you are bringing out stats based off of one game in SF. SF hasn't won a big game on the road all season unless you want to count Arizona which was meaningless for you in the big scheme.

So looking at that I am going to say @ GB regardless of the situation until proven others wise that we have an advantage. Had you won 1 meaningful road game all season I might have given you the benefit of the doubt.

So I'll break it down for you.

With Rodgers- GB 3-0 at home.
SF is 2-4 against Playoff teams and hasn't beaten 1 single playoff on the road.

As I said we'll see how it goes. GB in my opinion and yes I biased. Will take this one.

Midnight Toker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. You have no idea how long I've been waiting for you or Seattle to pull the "running game" card again. The best thing about your post though, is you don't stop there; you go as far to say "a power running game".

You see Eddie Lacy is Marshawn Lynch on a skittle overdose. Eddie Lacy is Frank Gore before he went on AARP. Eddie Lacy is Jerome Bettis' lost child.

This is a warning: Eddie Lacy will run through your defense. He hadn't fully "arrived" yet last time you played us, but he's here now. He may not run you over in the first quarter, he may not in the second or third either, but before the game ends, you better bet Ed will have gotten his.

And I wish that could be it too. I really do. You know, I know it is for your team, you get past Gore at RB and you see a lot of "ehhh.." That's not the case with the Packers. They've got a young man named James Starks who makes a terrific Robin to Lacy's Batman. If you think you've seen punishing, wait till Eddie Lacy comes off the field on third down only to be replaced with a guy who brings the pain near as well, only with more speed. Ouch. They're the best one two punch in the league according to **** Lebeau.

Good thing there's not an MVP in that backfield as well, right? ;)

Eddie Lacy...that same guy who rushed for 41 yards on 14 carries against the 49ers earlier this year? That guy. I remember him. He was a stud in college. Let me guess, he's gonna suddenly go off on the 49er run D right? I wonder why this will be different from last time, a time when your team had a whole off season to prepare, not 6 days. Lol. Do you have any special reason why it will be different or are you just crossing your fingers and hoping like a cowboy fan? Interesting if Lacy was that much better than Lynch or Gore why did Lynch outrush Lacy and why did Lacy only outrush geriatric Gore by 50 yards? Alfred Morris had more yards than your boy, and he got a grand 52 against the 49ers.

I guess Lacy was "fully arrived" when he had that 66 yard hall of fame game in your de facto playoff this past weekend against the DEAD LAST rush D in the NFL? Well this aint the Bears boyo. The 49ers have not had a single running back go for 100 yards this year, but your boy will be the first eh? LOL. He'll be lucky to get his season average of 73 yards, and that's me being nice.

For any power run team, who relies on the run like the 49ers you stop our top guy you can usually have an easier time. Here's the thing though; that isnt always the case. Remember in September where GB sold out on the run to stop Kap and Gore (Gore had 44 yards)? Kap just burned you for over 400 yards in the air. Cards did that last week, stopped the run and locked Gore down to like 14 yards. Then Kap threw for 310.

If you ask me, the best 1-2 punch in the nfl is probably Buffalo with Spiller and Jackson averaging 900 yards each.

Anyway if your team was so good, they wouldnt be 8-7 with 3 losses at home. GB is not very good and your two weapons in the pass game are rusty. And then of course there's always your defense which will be the reason you lose next weekend.

Packermaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eddie Lacy...that same guy who rushed for 41 yards on 14 carries against the 49ers earlier this year? That guy. I remember him. He was a stud in college. Let me guess, he's gonna suddenly go off on the 49er run D right? I wonder why this will be different from last time, a time when your team had a whole off season to prepare, not 6 days. Lol. Do you have any special reason why it will be different or are you just crossing your fingers and hoping like a cowboy fan? Interesting if Lacy was that much better than Lynch or Gore why did Lynch outrush Lacy and why did Lacy only outrush geriatric Gore by 50 yards? Alfred Morris had more yards than your boy, and he got a grand 52 against the 49ers.

I guess Lacy was "fully arrived" when he had that 66 yard hall of fame game in your de facto playoff this past weekend against the DEAD LAST rush D in the NFL? Well this aint the Bears boyo. The 49ers have not had a single running back go for 100 yards this year, but your boy will be the first eh? LOL. He'll be lucky to get his season average of 73 yards, and that's me being nice.

For any power run team, who relies on the run like the 49ers you stop our top guy you can usually have an easier time. Here's the thing though; that isnt always the case. Remember in September where GB sold out on the run to stop Kap and Gore (Gore had 44 yards)? Kap just burned you for over 400 yards in the air. Cards did that last week, stopped the run and locked Gore down to like 14 yards. Then Kap threw for 310.

If you ask me, the best 1-2 punch in the nfl is probably Buffalo with Spiller and Jackson averaging 900 yards each.

Anyway if your team was so good, they wouldnt be 8-7 with 3 losses at home. GB is not very good and your two weapons in the pass game are rusty. And then of course there's always your defense which will be the reason you lose next weekend.

You apparently don't know anything about GB. SF hasn't even beaten a playoff team on the road. You went 2-4 against playoff teams and both those wins came in SF. Again, GB is 6-2 with Rodgers and 3-0 at home. You won't be playing against Wallace, Tolzien and Flynn boyo.

Learn football please or don't expect anyone to take you seriously.

Midnight Toker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
34 to the 49'ers at home. It doesn't matter if it's 1996 or 2153. GB @ home in the playoffs will always be tough for any team.

Also how many games had Lacy played at that point? You are trying to compare @ SF to @ GB as if it is the same thing. I like the discussion and I can appreciate you sticking up for your team, but as I said with Rodgers we are 3-0 at home this season. We are 24-3 in the last few seasons combined with him. If you think you're gonna walk in and blow us out you're insane. We won a Super Bowl in 2010 our defense stepped up. I think SF is good and on a good streak right now and I think it'll be a good game but it's not like you've been world beaters. In your last 8 games you played:

1. Carolina- Lost 10-9
2. New Orleans- Lost 23-20
3. Washington- Won 27-6 <----- Bad team.
4. St. Louis- Won 23-13
5. Seattle- Won 19-17 <----- Game was in SF. @ Seattle you got rolled 29-3.
6. Tampa Bay- Won 33-14 <----- Again a bad team.
7. Atlanta- Won 34-24 <------ Again bad team.
8. Arizona- Won 23-20 in OT. Solid win but SF wasn't impressive.

10 of your 16 games were against non playoff teams. Against playoff teams you went 2-4 and both of those wins came in SF. I'm not saying we did much better even if we had Rodgers throughout the season finished 12-4 we'd be close to that as well.

My point is you are bringing out stats based off of one game in SF. SF hasn't won a big game on the road all season unless you want to count Arizona which was meaningless for you in the big scheme.

So looking at that I am going to say @ GB regardless of the situation until proven others wise that we have an advantage. Had you won 1 meaningful road game all season I might have given you the benefit of the doubt.

So I'll break it down for you.

With Rodgers- GB 3-0 at home.
SF is 2-4 against Playoff teams and hasn't beaten 1 single playoff on the road.

As I said we'll see how it goes. GB in my opinion and yes I biased. Will take this one.

Everyone has a bias and there's nothing wrong with you having one too. But GB isnt as talented, and has a terrible D, and terrible Ds always lose in the playoffs. Anyway to address your post:

I dont think the 49ers will just walk in and blow them out. I just think they'll walk in and win. 24-3 is nice and all, but it resets back to 0-0 on sunday. One of those 3 losses is to the 49ers last year, so thats nothing new to them. 49ers win on the road and at home, so its just another road game for them. This isnt the Frozen Tundra of '96. #4 is kicking back in mississippi playing pickup games with high school kids in his wranglers.

The 49ers are the hottest team in the nfl and won 11 of the past 13 games. Youre running right into a freight train that's in full tilt and crusing to NJ son! lol. The swiss cheese D that is your defense isnt slowing that train down. The win vs AZ was a big game because AZ needed it badly, they laid it all out, and the 49ers wanted it as well. THey have one of the best defenses in the NFL and Kap torched them. He threw over 400 against GB in sept, so why wouldnt he do it again you know? 49ers are 6-2 on the road, just like at home. They dont care where they play you know? They'd have beaten NO if they made the right call, and evne the NFL disagreed with the playcall but it is what it is.

Not sure what advantage GB has when theyve lost 3 time at home already, that isnt a huge home field advantage. Sure rodgers is back but you dont know which Rodgers will show up having been out of football for a while and suddently playing one of the stop D in the nfl.

Midnight Toker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You apparently don't know anything about GB. SF hasn't even beaten a playoff team on the road. You went 2-4 against playoff teams and both those wins came in SF. Again, GB is 6-2 with Rodgers and 3-0 at home. You won't be playing against Wallace, Tolzien and Flynn boyo.

Learn football please or don't expect anyone to take you seriously.

Umm first of all theyve only had 2 road games against playoff teams this year, so that's a small sample and with a sample that small how can you make anything reasonable out of it? They would have beaten NO if the bad roughing call against Brooks wasnt made. Brooks sacked Brees who fumbled the ball and the 49ers recover. NFL on appeal said the hit didnt deserve the fine, which usually means shouldnt have been called in the first place. But it is what it is. Yes they lost to seattle, but who the hell doesnt lose to seattle at home? Just AZ, and they arent in the playoffs.

Sure Rodgers is 6-2 this year, he's 0-1 against the 49ers. 0-3 the last 3 times. Yet GB has the advantage? Come on. It's an uphill battle and anyone with a brain realizes it. Oh and GB A playoff team? barely, but they dont deserve it. AZ was better this year but didnt get in.

Packermaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also Kaepernick is nothing compared to Rodgers.

Rodgers in 8 games- 2,536 yards 17 TD's QB Rating 105
Kaepernick is 16 games- 3,197 yards 21 TD's QB Raiting 96

Let's compare RB's too stud.

Lacy- 284 attempts 1,178 yatds 11 TD's as a rookie.
Gore- 276 attempts, 1,128 yards 9 TD's.

Packermaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Umm first of all theyve only had 2 road games against playoff teams this year, so that's a small sample and with a sample that small how can you make anything reasonable out of it? They would have beaten NO if the bad roughing call against Brooks wasnt made. Brooks sacked Brees who fumbled the ball and the 49ers recover. NFL on appeal said the hit didnt deserve the fine, which usually means shouldnt have been called in the first place. But it is what it is. Yes they lost to seattle, but who the hell doesnt lose to seattle at home? Just AZ, and they arent in the playoffs.

Sure Rodgers is 6-2 this year, he's 0-1 against the 49ers. 0-3 the last 3 times. Yet GB has the advantage? Come on. It's an uphill battle and anyone with a brain realizes it. Oh and GB A playoff team? barely, but they dont deserve it. AZ was better this year but didnt get in.

We don't deserve it? With Rodgers we're an 11 or 12 win team. Also, it doesn't matter how you do it. We won the Division deal with it. You have to play a team that got in with an 8-7-1 record @ GB lol. Maybe you guys should have won more games or something lol.

We won a division. Deal with it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Could the Niners stuff him..Of course and I think they will..But I would think vast majority of fans have the knowledge that a rookie in his FIRST nfl game will not be the same as the rookie at 17th game, to say any different is just being stubborn

He has had a bad ankle for almost a month...He was in a WALKING boot the week before the game..You were aware of that I hope..

More than once, we had someone brag and boast about their team and how they will do this or that..Then wham, it doesnt happen and that guy never comes back...SB win it happened here with the Steeler fans...

So if we do win, or even if Eddie runs wild, please come back and admit you were wrong..

You really think with Rodgers healthy ALL year we would have been at the same record?

Would Denver have same record w/o Manning?

What 2 weapons in the pass game are rusty? Sure didnt look like Cobb was rusty, Rodgers did have issues, but I firmly believe he will be okay Sunday.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, but that wasn't at Lambeau in January.

I'm not buying into this whole homefiled advantage thing because this team hasn't looked great at Lambeau against hot or cold weather teams so...let's hope defense decides to show up for this one because i'm sure San Frans will. This is going to come down to whoever stops sombody because like i've always said, i'm not worried about this offense with #12 because he can score points. You can't score 30 and give up 37 tho.

Midnight Toker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then your one of the band-wagon jumpers we all see in the Bay Area. I swear, I've lived in the Bay Area all my life and I've never seen "fans" like the 9ers. Lose one game, and no one, and mean no one, wears their hats, shirts, jerseys or jackets the whole next week. But, win a couple and you all come out of the woodwork and talk trash. It's truly pathetic. Back in the late 90's I couldn't walk into a sports bar in the San Jose area and find one "fan" wanting to watch their game. Oh, but now you've beaten the Packers three times in a row and you're all big and tuff. If the 9ers lose this weekend I guarantee I'll see NO jerseys, shirts, hats or anything until next year. But if the Packers lose, I'll still be sporting my colors the next day with pride. The funny thing is you know it's true. BTW, how did the previous eight outings against the Packers go for you band-wagoner's before you got on this big three game roll? At least the Raiders fans in the Bay Area stick with there team when their down - I have to give them that. Not so with the Whiner fans.

Those loser fans arent real fans. I live in oklahoma, in the heart of cowboy country and I proudly wear my 49er garb, win or lose, in december or june i dont care. Nobody likes those bandwagon fans, and we hate them just as much as anyone else does. So youre preaching the choir.

We don't deserve it? With Rodgers we're an 11 or 12 win team. Also, it doesn't matter how you do it. We won the Division deal with it. You have to play a team that got in with an 8-7-1 record @ GB lol. Maybe you guys should have won more games or something lol.

We won a division. Deal with it.

No, you really dont deserve it. If this was the NBA, Rodgers would be watching the game on the couch. The cardinals were a better team, and in the best division in football still won 11 games but an average GB team who won 8 games gets to host a game against a 12-4 team in the best division in football. It's a stupid rule but it is what it is. GB is a playoff team because of the rules, but they arent one of the top 6 teams in the NFC this year. Even with Rodgers, because he was hurt you dont know how they'd have played, so you can assume all you want theyd' be a 11 12 win team, you cant ever substantiate that claim unless they go through the playoffs unscathed. But we both know that wont happen. Anyway the fact that the 49ers have a road game against GB is proof positive of how crappy that stupid rule is. I'm sure youd be a big fan of this rule if the roles were reversed. Frankly its embarrassing when a 7-9 seattle team hosted a playoff game a few years ago when the west sucked that bad. The north is pretty bad, but not as bad as the east.

Could the Niners stuff him..Of course and I think they will..But I would think vast majority of fans have the knowledge that a rookie in his FIRST nfl game will not be the same as the rookie at 17th game, to say any different is just being stubborn

He got 66 yards in his 16th game against the league's worst rush defense. What makes you think he's going to break it open next week against the 4th best rush D who hasnt allowed a single 100 yard rusher yet?

He has had a bad ankle for almost a month...He was in a WALKING boot the week before the game..You were aware of that I hope.. not a green bay fan, so I wasnt paying attention

More than once, we had someone brag and boast about their team and how they will do this or that..Then wham, it doesnt happen and that guy never comes back...SB win it happened here with the Steeler fans... what is this, like 2006?

So if we do win, or even if Eddie runs wild, please come back and admit you were wrong..

Happy to.

You really think with Rodgers healthy ALL year we would have been at the same record?

How is anyone to know? GB is a quarterback away from being a crappy average team, that sure says a lot about his supporting cast doesnt it?

Would Denver have same record w/o Manning?Who knows.

What 2 weapons in the pass game are rusty? Sure didnt look like Cobb was rusty, Rodgers did have issues, but I firmly believe he will be okay Sunday.

Rodgers and Cobb. Cobb had 2 catches. 2. against chicago. When you have been out of game playing condition for a month or more, it's hard to just come right in and perform right away. Now its a playoff environment, its cold, and against one of the toughest D in the league. Remember, you arent playing the GB defense here!

Last edited by a moderator:

Packermaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those loser fans arent real fans. I live in oklahoma, in the heart of gay cowboy country and I proudly wear my 49er garb, win or lose, in december or june i dont care. Nobody likes those bandwagon fans, and we hate them just as much as anyone else does. So youre preaching the choir.

No, you really dont deserve it. If this was the NBA, Rodgers would be watching the game on the couch. The cardinals were a better team, and in the best division in football still won 11 games but an average GB team who won 8 games gets to host a game against a 12-4 team in the best division in football. It's a stupid rule but it is what it is. GB is a playoff team because of the rules, but they arent one of the top 6 teams in the NFC this year. Even with Rodgers, because he was hurt you dont know how they'd have played, so you can assume all you want theyd' be a 11 12 win team, you cant ever substantiate that claim unless they go through the playoffs unscathed. But we both know that wont happen. Anyway the fact that the 49ers have a road game against GB is proof positive of how crappy that stupid rule is. I'm sure youd be a big fan of this rule if the roles were reversed. Frankly its embarrassing when a 7-9 seattle team hosted a playoff game a few years ago when the west sucked that bad. The north is pretty bad, but not as bad as the east.

Rodgers and Cobb. Cobb had 2 catches. 2. against chicago. When you have been out of game playing condition for a month or more, it's hard to just come right in and perform right away. Now its a playoff environment, its cold, and against one of the toughest D in the league. Remember, you arent playing the GB defense here!

Arizona won 11 games? That's news to me. Also did you just say that in the NBA a Division champ doesn't get in? Yes, we get to host the #5 seed SF 49'ers, because we're the #4 seed and won our division. Again with Rodgers we're not an 8 win team.

You're like a broken record guy.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those loser fans arent real fans. I live in oklahoma, in the heart of gay cowboy country and I proudly wear my 49er garb, win or lose, in december or june i dont care. Nobody likes those bandwagon fans, and we hate them just as much as anyone else does. So youre preaching the choir.

Whens the last time San Fran won a SB again? Just curious? i would love to see how "great' that defense really is without Willis and Bowman. Or Squidsworth ahem*..i mean Kaepernick for several weeks.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You post this

He got 66 yards in his 16th game against the league's worst rush defense. What makes you think he's going to break it open next week against the 4th best rush D who hasnt allowed a single 100 yard rusher yet?

then post the next sentence you admit not a fan...

not a green bay fan, so I wasnt paying attention

So not paying attention could very well be your assessment is wrong? As I stated before, I think the Niners will stuff Eddie...However, on a bad ankle vs the Bears was a big factor in how he played..BTW Starks had a 8.8 yard per carry vs the Bears.

More than once, we had someone brag and boast about their team and how they will do this or that..Then wham, it doesnt happen and that guy never comes back...SB win it happened here with the Steeler fans...
what is this, like 2006?

No, but I am pointing out that past fans bragged like crazy and it backfired...

How is anyone to know? GB is a quarterback away from being a crappy average team, that sure says a lot about his supporting cast doesnt it?

True, we wouldnt know, but an educated guess is that we wouldnt have the same record, and you know that to be true. With Rodgers healthy we only had one season under 8 wins in his 6 years starting..Not counting this year, Rodgers as the starter they average 11 wins per year..2008 and all of 2013

So to say who knows is just a way to get out of admitting what most people would admit to.

Cobb was only targeted 2 times...And both times he caught a Td..And his 2nd one, he didnt look rusty as he knew he was going to have his man beat..And he beat him soundly.

BTW---Cobb was in for about 50% of the plays..Conditioning plays a factor at the end of the game...He beat his man pretty easily...Doesnt mean he will run wild on the Niners. He will have another week of getting more conditioning back.

Midnight Toker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arizona won 11 games? That's news to me. Also did you just say that in the NBA a Division champ doesn't get in? Yes, we get to host the #5 seed SF 49'ers, because we're the #4 seed and won our division. Again with Rodgers we're not an 8 win team.

You're like a broken record guy.

I meant 10, it was an inadvertent typo. Luckily, you seem to understand what I meant. Nope, didnt mean to say in the NBA a division champ doesnt get in, but that the NBA round robin is that it's seeded 1-8 depending on what record you have, not how you fared in your division. So if the seedings when as they really *should* GB would be #6 and playing every game on the road as they should.

Whens the last time San Fran won a SB again? Just curious? i would love to see how "great' that defense really is without Willis and Bowman. Or Squidsworth ahem*..i mean Kaepernick for several weeks.

Well they have 3 other guys other than Willis and Bowman who have been on the All Pro team since 2011. Luckily these dudes rarely miss playing time, so we get to expeirence how good they are with both Willis and Bowman. And Brooks, and Smith and Smith, its a tough task to face them. So, im pretty sure anyone other than 49er fan would like to see how that D looks without their two best players. Good call.

Though your question has no relevance, they last won in 95. They are the current NFC champions, (seems to be relevant since you know, it was earned this year), and that's the thing all the NFC teams are vying for at the moment.

You post this

then post the next sentence you admit not a fan...
So not paying attention could very well be your assessment is wrong? As I stated before, I think the Niners will stuff Eddie...However, on a bad ankle vs the Bears was a big factor in how he played..BTW Starks had a 8.8 yard per carry vs the Bears.

No, but I am pointing out that past fans bragged like crazy and it backfired...

True, we wouldnt know, but an educated guess is that we wouldnt have the same record, and you know that to be true. With Rodgers healthy we only had one season under 8 wins in his 6 years starting..Not counting this year, Rodgers as the starter they average 11 wins per year..2008 and all of 2013

So to say who knows is just a way to get out of admitting what most people would admit to.

Cobb was only targeted 2 times...And both times he caught a Td..And his 2nd one, he didnt look rusty as he knew he was going to have his man beat..And he beat him soundly.

BTW---Cobb was in for about 50% of the plays..Conditioning plays a factor at the end of the game...He beat his man pretty easily...Doesnt mean he will run wild on the Niners. He will have another week of getting more conditioning back.

I think the 49ers stuff both Lacy and Starks, so GB wont even have 100 total rush yards Sunday. OR they could go with the gameplan of stopping the pass and making Lacy beat them giving them a better chance. So i dont know what their game plan is, i just know they have the athletes to impose it on the Pack.

Cool, steeler fans talk crap and dont show up. sounds good. I'm not bragging, i'm backing up why I believe my team will win. The 49ers are just a more complete team at this point. Your best two playmakers on offense are coming off injuries, your top rb i guess has an ankle issue, and your defense is in a word terrible. These are reasons why you wont win. Not stupid made up ones, but really reasonable possibilities. On top of this, when your team was 100% they still lost to the 49ers.

And would they have a better record? Probably but you just dont know. Cobb was out, you didnt know what you had with the run game, which blew up because you had no pass game left after Rodgers went down. I think your run game will take a hit now that you have an all pro back there again. The defense hasnt been this historically bad so there's that too. So eh, maybe instead of being 8-7-1, maybe theyre 10-6. Saying who knows is valid because all stars have bad seasons, it happens. I mean, look at the latest 20 million dollar man in Baltimore and the season he had after winning it all.

It's just not going to be easy for Cobb to be in the kind of condition to really be a big factor. I mean if he gets 2 catches and theyre both td then that works but we all know the playoffs are a whole other animal so if he may not be able to put down 100% very much. The 49ers, finally, as of last weekend are fully healthy. That doesnt bode well for the GB defense. Two words- Quentin Patton. You may know his name by the end of the game. #11.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Your best two playmakers on offense are coming off injuries, your top rb i guess has an ankle issue, and your defense is in a word terrible. These are reasons why you wont win. Not stupid made up ones, but really reasonable possibilities. On top of this, when your team was 100% they still lost to the 49ers.

Top 1 is Rodgers----#2 isnt Cobb Seems you have no grasp on our team..You didnt know Eddie is hurt and Cobb isnt #2....Not a knock on you, but if you dont know the team, your thought process maybe wrong a little bit..

The only thing you do have right is our defense sucks..

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"I think the 49ers stuff both Lacy and Starks, so GB wont even have 100 total rush yards Sunday. OR they could go with the gameplan of stopping the pass and making Lacy beat them giving them a better chance. So i dont know what their game plan is, i just know they have the athletes to impose it on the Pack."

If Lacy's ankle heals up a little bit this week, I'd take that bet in a heartbeat. If SF tries to stop the run like that it will leave Rodgers with a lot of opportunities through the air, which I don't think SF wants to give him.

"It's just not going to be easy for Cobb to be in the kind of condition to really be a big factor. I mean if he gets 2 catches and theyre both td then that works but we all know the playoffs are a whole other animal so if he may not be able to put down 100% very much. The 49ers, finally, as of last weekend are fully healthy. That doesnt bode well for the GB defense. Two words- Quentin Patton. You may know his name by the end of the game. #11."

If this was Cobb's first game back, I'd agree, but with a game under his belt and another week to prepare, Cobb should be a lot closer to his old self unless he's just not healed as much as they say, which I doubt. As for Patton, good luck. Cobb has had some of the best covering him all season long. If you think Patton will shut him down, that's a bet I'll take as well.

D

Deleted member 6794

If this was Cobb's first game back, I'd agree, but with a game under his belt and another week to prepare, Cobb should be a lot closer to his old self unless he's just not healed as much as they say, which I doubt. As for Patton, good luck. Cobb has had some of the best covering him all season long. If you think Patton will shut him down, that's a bet I'll take as well.

Don't want to argue with a fellow Packers fan, but I highly doubt Patton will be able to shut doen Cobb. That's mostly because he's a WR though.