Wildcard Weekend Packers vs 49ers

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice generic jokes. Those supposed to be funny?

I didn't come here to argue with you peeps...but MAN. You are makin this EASY.
There is just something that pushes my buttons when fans of opposing teams come in here and act like it's their forum and own the place.
Sure, you can join but it doesn't mean that you have to take off your shoes and put your feet up.
So if you and your other fans are going to be here expect to get some well deserved flack.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't come here to argue with you peeps...
Then go to The Atrium section of the forum and start a conversation about anything that you think we can relate to besides football.
Start talking smack about teams that we equally hate in the Smack area.
I don't see how else we are supposed to get along if you defend your team that has beaten ours the past couple of years.
Don't lay the trip on us that it's all our fault if we're not getting along. You have to share some of that responsibility to.

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is just something that pushes my buttons when fans of opposing teams come in here and act like it's their forum and own the place.
Sure, you can join but it doesn't mean that you have to take off your shoes and put your feet up.
So if you and your other fans are going to be here expect to get some well deserved flack.

my issue isn't with flack. I frequent Seahawk forums and you got nothin' on them.

I'm just disappointed because you aren't even creative with it. You just posted a bunch of jokes that you can post any teams name in there. Not too creative.

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then go to The Atrium section of the forum and start a conversation about anything that you think we can relate to besides football.
Start talking smack about teams that we equally hate in the Smack area.
I don't see how else we are supposed to get along if you defend your team that has beaten ours the past couple of years.
Don't lay the trip on us that it's all our fault if we're not getting along. You have to share some of that responsibility to.

LOL. Nice logic.

So...essentially, you have nothing to say to a fan of a team that has beaten you three times in a row? Keep in mind, I haven't even spoken about football. I had no intent to rub anyones nose in it.

If that's the case, then I'm done talking to you. At least you admit its because you have lost those three times in a row. Most peeps wouldn't be able to admit that.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my issue isn't with flack. I frequent Seahawk forums and you got nothin' on them.

I'm just disappointed because you aren't even creative with it. You just posted a bunch of jokes that you can post any teams name in there. Not too creative.
Do you even live in the SF Bay area?
Just wondering.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL. Nice logic.

So...essentially, you have nothing to say to a fan of a team that has beaten you three times in a row? Keep in mind, I haven't even spoken about football. I had no intent to rub anyones nose in it.

If that's the case, then I'm done talking to you. At least you admit its because you have lost those three times in a row. Most peeps wouldn't be able to admit that.
Then what are you looking for?
Why join if we are rooting for rival teams?

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then what are you looking for?
Why join if we are rooting for rival teams?

Usually just to talk about that weeks upcoming game. Not to talk smack. Just to get a lay of the land. I have done so here before the last three games and for the most part found some knowledgeable posters.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Usually just to talk about that weeks upcoming game. Not to talk smack. Just to get a lay of the land. I have done so here before the last three games and for the most part found some knowledgeable posters.
Fair enough.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cool.
Then we have something to relate to and I'm always good at finding common ground if you are.

I have had many connections and good memories to the SF Bay Area through my life and I still enjoy it.

Last edited:

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. In a place where the 49ers have won, and recently.

2. The type of weather more conducive to a power running game and smashmouth defense, such as the 49ers.

So, if those two things are big factors, I like our chances.

Yes. You have no idea how long I've been waiting for you or Seattle to pull the "running game" card again. The best thing about your post though, is you don't stop there; you go as far to say "a power running game".

You see Eddie Lacy is Marshawn Lynch on a skittle overdose. Eddie Lacy is Frank Gore before he went on AARP. Eddie Lacy is Jerome Bettis' lost child.

This is a warning: Eddie Lacy will run through your defense. He hadn't fully "arrived" yet last time you played us, but he's here now. He may not run you over in the first quarter, he may not in the second or third either, but before the game ends, you better bet Ed will have gotten his.

And I wish that could be it too. I really do. You know, I know it is for your team, you get past Gore at RB and you see a lot of "ehhh.." That's not the case with the Packers. They've got a young man named James Starks who makes a terrific Robin to Lacy's Batman. If you think you've seen punishing, wait till Eddie Lacy comes off the field on third down only to be replaced with a guy who brings the pain near as well, only with more speed. Ouch. They're the best one two punch in the league according to **** Lebeau.

Good thing there's not an MVP in that backfield as well, right? ;)

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. You have no idea how long I've been waiting for you or Seattle to pull the "running game" card again. The best thing about your post though, is you don't stop there; you go as far to say "a power running game".

You see Eddie Lacy is Marshawn Lynch on a skittle overdose. Eddie Lacy is Frank Gore before he went on AARP. Eddie Lacy is Jerome Bettis' lost child.

This is a warning: Eddie Lacy will run through your defense. He hadn't fully "arrived" yet last time you played us, but he's here now. He may not run you over in the first quarter, he may not in the second or third either, but before the game ends, you better bet Ed will have gotten his.

And I wish that could be it too. I really do. You know, I know it is for your team, you get past Gore at RB and you see a lot of "ehhh.." That's not the case with the Packers. They've got a young man named James Starks who makes a terrific Robin to Lacy's Batman. If you think you've seen punishing, wait till Eddie Lacy comes off the field on third down only to be replaced with a guy who brings the pain near as well, only with more speed. Ouch. They're the best one two punch in the league according to **** Lebeau.

Good thing there's not an MVP in that backfield as well, right? ;)

Lacy's got a bum ankle however :(

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My only whine is this: LUCK & INJURIES.
Had these things been reversed over the past 3 seasons, the Niners would just be the Bengals or Texans as far as results go, or perhaps the Redskins.

They've had great fortune the past 3 years, and have benefited from it.
We, on the other hand, have had horrible luck and have overcome it the best we could.

Remember in 2011 the talk about our "dynasty" when we were Super Bowl champs, and started the year 13-0?
You know why that ended? M*********G injuries, starting with Nick Collins, then Bryan Bulaga, and Derek Sherrod.
And it hasn't stopped yet.

I got over being robbed in the playoff game loss where Jerry Rice fumbled and the game should have been over.
But I have not gotten over these bad injuries, and seeing the polar opposite in San Fran.

Other than that, I have no problem with the Niners or their real fans, which are you guys. I respect true fans.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy's got a bum ankle however :(
Oh yeah.... really, another Packer injury?
See what I'm talking about?
Gore somehow has a magical treatment there to stay fresher, even though he's 8 years older?
Hmm, funny how that works, again, isn't it?

This guy who had I think 2 torn ACL's in college at Miami, now the magical formula for staying healthy?
The fountain of youth?

What incredible trainers and conditioning program there in San Fran.

94niners

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you seriously going to compare the niners with the Packers on injuries this season? It ain't even close.

No. You should try reading beyond merely the post that's quoting someone to figure out the train of the conversation. The guy implied that the 49ers have had no injuries and therefore must all be on super steroids. Aaron Rodgers being injured is by far the worst thing that could have happened to any team. By comparison, none of yours or our other injuries matter- that one is so crucial.

AnMadraRua

Cheesehead
Reaction score

94niners

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My only whine is this: LUCK & INJURIES.
Had these things been reversed over the past 3 seasons, the Niners would just be the Bengals or Texans as far as results go, or perhaps the Redskins.

They've had great fortune the past 3 years, and have benefited from it.
We, on the other hand, have had horrible luck and have overcome it the best we could.

Remember in 2011 the talk about our "dynasty" when we were Super Bowl champs, and started the year 13-0?
You know why that ended? M*********G injuries, starting with Nick Collins, then Bryan Bulaga, and Derek Sherrod.
And it hasn't stopped yet.

I got over being robbed in the playoff game loss where Jerry Rice fumbled and the game should have been over.
But I have not gotten over these bad injuries, and seeing the polar opposite in San Fran.

Other than that, I have no problem with the Niners or their real fans, which are you guys. I respect true fans.

Just to be fair, the previous two other games the Pack benefited from some crucial bad calls, one that resulted in Home Field Advantage throughout the playoffs (which in turn resulted in Elvis Grback quarterbacking the 49ers in the Div. Round) and two that robbed 14 points from us in a 10 point game.

Injury-wise, this year the 49ers have not escaped unscathed. There's a reason two people had all the receiving touchdowns until two weeks ago on this team. 3 of the top 4 WRs were out for most of the year. Also key defensive players were out for significant time, including a few starters. Again, none of that compares to losing Aaron Rodgers, but to claim the 49ers have again escaped injury is ignorant. Hell, even last year they had two huge injuries to Justin Smith (read: best player on the team) and Aldon Smith (read: second best player on the team), which turned the pass rush down the stretch into a joke.

Members online

Latest posts