Wildcard Weekend Packers vs 49ers

Midnight Toker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But you are speculating ( educated guess) that he would get 1000 yards..
We speculated (educated guess) with a healthy Rodgers, we get more wins..

Same exact principle

Just have to disagree on this

Its not unreasonable to assume with Rodgers you get more wins, my only contention to that is the fact that Rodgers was not the only problem GB had this year- he was just the biggest. The bad D, developing run game, and other injuries on offense caused GB to be a much less effective team. To qualify this: With both Rodgers and Cobb, they still barely escaped an average Bears team.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But this was the first game both Rodgers and Cobb played in quite a while. There was definitely some rust there as exemplified by the two picks Rodgers threw. There was one in the Red Zone and I think he has thrown like 4 in the Red zone in his career. They also eased Cobb in.

Lacy missed a game and a half early with a concussion. He has been effective most of the season. But it doesn't matter. We have a running game now. Andrew Quarless also developed over the season as Finley's replacement. We still have a shaky OL but Rodgers escapes a lot of sacks he shouldn't.

Agree totally with you on the defense. It's pretty bad, especially against the run.

Last edited:

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My only whine is this: LUCK & INJURIES.
Had these things been reversed over the past 3 seasons, the Niners would just be the Bengals or Texans as far as results go, or perhaps the Redskins.

They've had great fortune the past 3 years, and have benefited from it.
We, on the other hand, have had horrible luck and have overcome it the best we could.

Remember in 2011 the talk about our "dynasty" when we were Super Bowl champs, and started the year 13-0?
You know why that ended? M*********G injuries, starting with Nick Collins, then Bryan Bulaga, and Derek Sherrod.
And it hasn't stopped yet.

I got over being robbed in the playoff game loss where Jerry Rice fumbled and the game should have been over.
But I have not gotten over these bad injuries, and seeing the polar opposite in San Fran.

Other than that, I have no problem with the Niners or their real fans, which are you guys. I respect true fans.

The Clay Matthews injury is just Karma anyway. He publicly announced he was headhunting Kaepernick, and when he proved to be too fast for him he resorted to a classless, cowardly cheap shot on him way out of bounds.

94niners

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also Kaepernick is nothing compared to Rodgers.

Rodgers in 8 games- 2,536 yards 17 TD's QB Rating 105
Kaepernick is 16 games- 3,197 yards 21 TD's QB Raiting 96

Let's compare RB's too stud.

Lacy- 284 attempts 1,178 yatds 11 TD's as a rookie.
Gore- 276 attempts, 1,128 yards 9 TD's.

Hmmm.. Best QB in the entire NFL versus a guy in his first year as a starter. Of course man!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
When you have been out of game playing condition for a month or more, it's hard to just come right in and perform right away

According to that quote you made, Rodgers and Cobb are not the same players they should be because of 8 weeks and 10 weeks off..

With both Rodgers and Cobb, they still barely escaped an average Bears team.

Now you are saying that we barely beat that bad Bears team with Rodgers and Cobb..Making a dig at our team how they must suck because they barely beat the Bears..

I am admitting that I do not expect the Pack to win..I think Niners win easy..

However, I do not know what to believe when you can't keep your story straight. You have contradicted yourself at least twice now with me.

Weadoption

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lotta brave fellow Niner fans posting here.
we are facing the best qb in the world in his house and are down a starting corner, color me worried.

Packers_16-0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers will show the 49ers who's boss in that game. I expect Aaron Rodgers will just do enough to beat the 49ers. Also I think our Run defense will finally step up without clay Matthews. I think the score will be packers 20 49ers 17 close game

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Niner's better fear the Packers offense. Forty Niner's will most likely win but taking us lightly could be a mistake. As they say, that's why they play the games.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The Clay Matthews injury is just Karma anyway. He publicly announced he was headhunting Kaepernick, and when he proved to be too fast for him he resorted to a classless, cowardly cheap shot on him way out of bounds.

No he said

You do have to take your shots on the quarterback, and obviously they’re too important to their offense," Matthews said on ESPN Radio.

“If that means they pull them out of that type of offense and make them run a traditional, drop-back, pocket-style offense, I think that’s exactly what we’re going for. So you want to put hits as early and often on the quarterback and make them uncomfortable.”

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/foot...llin-looking-for-another-important-break.html

Testing the health and resolve of Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers involves one thing — and one thing only — from the Bears in the eyes of defensive end Shea McClellin.

‘‘Hit ’em,’’ McClellin said.

“That’s how you rattle any quarterback. Get pressure on them.’’

Same type of "threat" from Bears to Rodgers......and it came from the same guy that broke the bone..

Packer fans arent whining

Last edited:

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then your one of the band-wagon jumpers we all see in the Bay Area. I swear, I've lived in the Bay Area all my life and I've never seen "fans" like the 9ers. Lose one game, and no one, and mean no one, wears their hats, shirts, jerseys or jackets the whole next week. But, win a couple and you all come out of the woodwork and talk trash. It's truly pathetic. Back in the late 90's I couldn't walk into a sports bar in the San Jose area and find one "fan" wanting to watch their game. Oh, but now you've beaten the Packers three times in a row and you're all big and tuff. If the 9ers lose this weekend I guarantee I'll see NO jerseys, shirts, hats or anything until next year. But if the Packers lose, I'll still be sporting my colors the next day with pride. The funny thing is you know it's true. BTW, how did the previous eight outings against the Packers go for you band-wagoner's before you got on this big three game roll? At least the Raiders fans in the Bay Area stick with there team when their down - I have to give them that. Not so with the Whiner fans.

Nice personal anecdote. In other news the Packers are having a hard time selling out a playoff game.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/spor...ts-for-Playoff-Game-at-Packers-238286771.html

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score

FrankTheTank21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You apparently don't know anything about GB. SF hasn't even beaten a playoff team on the road. You went 2-4 against playoff teams and both those wins came in SF. Again, GB is 6-2 with Rodgers and 3-0 at home. You won't be playing against Wallace, Tolzien and Flynn boyo.

Learn football please or don't expect anyone to take you seriously.

Well the Packers are 0-3 against playoff teams (0-2 with Rodgers), so something's gotta give.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
They would be, or at least should be if he leaped at Rodgers and clotheslined him at a full sprint while he was way out of bounds.

Clay got fined and I am okay with it. Was it dirty, borderline to me..aHe shouldnt have leaped at all...

He didnt closeline him..Arm barely touched the neck and then his arm went down and he grabbed the jersey

I just dont agree with you claiming he publicly said he was head hunting..

Why not bring up Boldin punching someone after that and not get flagged You and I had same debate b4...He slapped Shields and no flag

Not suppose to go to the face...Pushing happens all the time, but not punching
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Midnight Toker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still say there is an acclimation point for athletes. They are also human. The 49er's have not played in temperatures below 34 since they played the hapless Redskins on Nov. 25. Those Super Bowls are played in warm weather for the most part so that could explain the dome team thing.

Sure there's an acclimation point. 49ers have played well in cold but haven't has much opportunity. I just don't think it'll be a huge deal for them. They'll be in town ahead of time acclimating to cold and it plays into their style of play anyway. I don't think it'll slow them down or make them any more tired than any other game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midnight Toker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to that quote you made, Rodgers and Cobb are not the same players they should be because of 8 weeks and 10 weeks off..

Now you are saying that we barely beat that bad Bears team with Rodgers and Cobb..Making a dig at our team how they must suck because they barely beat the Bears..

I am admitting that I do not expect the Pack to win..I think Niners win easy..

However, I do not know what to believe when you can't keep your story straight. You have contradicted yourself at least twice now with me.

What do you mean keep my story straight? The comments go well together. So if they're #1 rusty that could result in #2 barely escaping the bears even with them.

Clearly they're better with both of them, even if they're not 100% they're better than their backups. They're not 100% because #1 again, they've been off for so long.

Where's the confusion on how these contradict each other ?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure there's an acclimation point. 49ers have played well in cold but haven't has much opportunity. I just don't think it'll be a huge deal for them. They'll be in town ahead of time acclimating to cold and it plays into their style of play anyway. I don't think it'll slow them down or make them any more tired than any other game.

I dont think the cold matters to be honest for you guy because of the running game..

But being here one day or even 2 days doesnt get you used to it if you dont live here..

Not sure who said this
Kaep has played very well in cold weather games (2012 Patriots off the top of my head)

Dec 16th 2012
Stadium Gillette Stadium
Start Time 8:30pm
Surface fieldturf
Duration 3:40
Attendance 68,756
Weather 34 degrees, relative humidity 100%, wind 5 mp

34 degrees is not 10...It is a HUGE difference, dont let it fool you..not saying he wont play well in 10 degrees..But 34 degrees isnt a cold game by any means..

If it is slightest bit windy, that tends to feel like a knife cutting your cheeks..Running and breathing hard makes your lungs hurt if not used to it..

I still am saying the Niners win..But the cold can play a part in it

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
What do you mean keep my story straight? The comments go well together. So if they're #1 rusty that could result in #2 barely escaping the bears even with them.

Clearly they're better with both of them, even if they're not 100% they're better than their backups. They're not 100% because #1 again, they've been off for so long.

Where's the confusion on how these contradict each other ?

I''ll post again..
When you have been out of game playing condition for a month or more, it's hard to just come right in and perform right away

Your implying Rodgers and Cobb are not the same players since they had months off..

With both Rodgers and Cobb, they still barely escaped an average Bears team.

This quote to me implies Rodgers and Cobb never skipped a beat, like they never left..As in even with your top guys, you still suck

your two quotes are contradicting

Either they never skipped a beat, or they arent back to being normal since they were off so long..

Cant be both

Midnight Toker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think the cold matters to be honest for you guy because of the running game..

But being here one day or even 2 days doesnt get you used to it if you dont live here..

Not sure who said this

Dec 16th 2012
Stadium Gillette Stadium
Start Time 8:30pm
Surface fieldturf
Duration 3:40
Attendance 68,756
Weather 34 degrees, relative humidity 100%, wind 5 mp

34 degrees is not 10...It is a HUGE difference, dont let it fool you..not saying he wont play well in 10 degrees..But 34 degrees isnt a cold game by any means..

If it is slightest bit windy, that tends to feel like a knife cutting your cheeks..Running and breathing hard makes your lungs hurt if not used to it..

I still am saying the Niners win..But the cold can play a part in it

Certainly it could have an effect. It's just a matter of how much.

Members online

Latest posts