Wildcard Weekend Packers vs 49ers

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure who will win or lose, but let me say this:
I would enjoy beating the 49ers more than I would enjoy beating anyone, Bears, Vikings, Patriots.

I don't like anyone on that team, players or coaches.
And they have to be on some kind of synthetic steroids to keep avoiding injuries.
I've seen some of their OL bent backwards, and they still aren't out for the year.

Whereas us, with Bulaga, nobody even knew he was hurt in the family night scrimmage, and then a day later he was on IR for the whole season.

I hate San Francisco.
And the 49ers.

LOL Are you being serious right now? Do I need to run down the list of key injuries we've dealt with all year?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL Are you being serious right now? Do I need to run down the list of key injuries we've dealt with all year?
Go ahead and try, but let's not talk about games missed in September.
Let's talk about December, now.

Go ahead, begin.
Let's see how your preferred starters from LT to RT look. Your preferred WR1 & WR2. Your TE. Your RB1. Your QB1.
How about your 4 LBers, from LOLB to ROLB.
How about your DL, starting with the Pro Bowler Justin Smith.
And your CB1 & CB2, and Safeties.

Go ahead..... and we'll compare.

Your ***** have been LUCKY again there.
I personally wouldn't mind seeing a TJ Ward light up Vernon Davis, and then a Matt Elam on Crabtree.
Also wouldn't mind seeing Aldon Smith break his thumb like Matthews did.
Eric Reid and Nick Collins? Fine by me, even it up there.

Bulaga and Sherrod and Staley and Davis? OK.
Works for me.

And let's take away your QB1 for 7 games now, see how that works.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you read the post he responded to? He addressed RankRizzo who accused the 49ers of being on synthetic steroids because they supposedly avoided injuries all year.
Like Seattle (and niner fans have teased them for this) has a ton of players on Adderal, I do accuse the Niners of having some synthetic steroid program that is advanced beyond what other teams have yet.
SAN FRANCISCO.... wasn't that the place where Barry Bonds was advancing himself?

There are things going on we don't know about.
The Seattle PED program.
The old Patriots Spygate.
The Saints BountyGate.

The Niners luck regarding injuries is too coincidental, not just this year but last and the year before.
That OL didn't miss a single start last year!

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1- He got hurt at the beginning of PRE-SEASON. You had plenty of time to maneuver. Oh, 2 words: RANDALL COBB.
2- JOHNNY JOLLY, besides, you plug in former #5 overall pick Glen Dorsey into his spot.
3- Third WR. Kapernick threw half his passes to Crabtree (whom he has back now) last year, plus added Boldin.
4- He just caught dump-off passes, and nobody needs a FB anymore. That's NOT an important position.
5- 5 games oooh. Try losing your starting OT's who also could have Pro Bowl potential if healthy, for FULL SEASONS. The two starting OT's for us should be backups, if not for torn ACL's. Hip dislocations, and double breaks of the leg.
6- Our nickelback was our best CB last year, Casey Hayward, and he also has been on IR the entire season
7- Your TE missed a few games? Oh how sad. Ours broke his neck on a helmet-aimed hit, and is on IR after having neck surgery, and his career is in doubt, you know, like how All-Pro safety Nick Collins' career abruptly ended 2 seasons ago.
8) I see Willis out there looking just fine.
9) Staley screamed in pain late one primetime game this year in scrub time... and he played the next week.

Your most important players on your roster, in order, IMO are:

QB Kaepernick
DE Justin Smith
ILB Bowman
TE Davis
ILB Willis
OT Staley
WR Crabtree
OT Davis
OLB Aldon Smith
WR Boldin
OG Iupati
S Reid
RB Gore
CB Rogers

That's about 15 guys there, and magically, ALL ARE HEALTHY & AVAILABLE to play Sunday. Wow. Yeah, lotta injury problems on that team?

Have you heard of Clay Matthews? How about Bryan Bulaga? Nick Perry? Those are 3 first round picks in the last 5 seasons OUT.
Also, Derek Sherrod, the 2011 first round pick, broke his leg in 2 places and has missed almost all of both seasons in the NFL... he's back but just a shell of his former self and has not gotten back yet at OT... but he might have to soon if another OT go down.
Jermichael Finley being out is like Vernon Davis being out. Last year, Kaepernick didn't even go to Davis much.

Anyway, take away Vernon Davis (Finley), Aldon Smith (Matthews), either of your ILB's (Brad Jones), and chip a bone in Ahmad Brooks (Nick Perry).
Also, tear the ACL of Staley (Bulaga), and break RT Anthony Davis' leg (Sherrod), and then we'll call it pretty even.

Don't forget Nick Collins.

Oh, and try playing 8 games without Kaepernick. There's no Alex Smith behind him this year.
And try having to use your #3 and #4 QBs to start in successive weeks.

Yeah, poor Niners have had to deal with a lot of injuries eh?
We have the cheese, San Fran famous for their whine. Perfect mix.
S Whitner

And again... nobody is comparing the 49ers injuries to the Packers. There's no question the Packers have been plagued by injuries. But perhaps before you go throwing around unsubstantiated conspiracies you maybe address your team's athletic trainers, or perhaps it's just bad luck.

Maybe God just wants the Packers to lose to the 49ers 5 x in a row to make up for your 13 championships so there's balance in the world.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And again... nobody is comparing the 49ers injuries to the Packers. There's no question the Packers have been plagued by injuries. But perhaps before you go throwing around unsubstantiated conspiracies you maybe address your team's athletic trainers, or perhaps it's just bad luck.
Here's the big injuries I refer to. Tell me if athletic trainers has anything to do with these:

1st Rd OT supposed-to-be bookend LT: Sherrod, 2011, broken leg on gruesome play where Tamba Hali ran into him from the side-back while leg was planted. Just got back late this year, 2 years after... beat the odds to play again, but hasn't made it back to the OL yet.

Bryan Bulaga, the 2010 1st rd pick at the other OT spot. Torn ACL in a scrimmage this year before the season even started. Season lost.

Those 2 alone.... should have been bookend franchize OTs for Rodgers. Bad luck?

Nick Collins, neck, on a fluke play. Career ended.
Johnny Jolly, same thing 2 weeks ago, never even saw the play. Season over.
Casey Hayward, hamstring somehow, played about 3 games this year, was All-Rookie last year. IR.
Clay Matthews, busted thumb. Twice. Season likely over.
Nick Perry, chipped bone in foot, barely can walk. Has missed half of his 2-year career with injuries. We don't even know if he's a bust because he's missed so much time. Has made some impressive plays when healthy.

USArmyParatrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the big injuries I refer to. Tell me if athletic trainers has anything to do with these:

1st Rd OT supposed-to-be bookend LT: Sherrod, 2011, broken leg on gruesome play where Tamba Hali ran into him from the side-back while leg was planted. Just got back late this year, 2 years after... beat the odds to play again, but hasn't made it back to the OL yet.

Bryan Bulaga, the 2010 1st rd pick at the other OT spot. Torn ACL in a scrimmage this year before the season even started. Season lost.

Casey Hayward, hamstring somehow, played about 3 games this year, was All-Rookie last year. IR.
Nick Perry, chipped bone in foot, barely can walk. Has missed half of his 2-year career with injuries. We don't even know if he's a bust because he's missed so much time. Has made some impressive plays when healthy.

Fair enough. What about my God hates the Packers theory?

AFan77

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And the niners avoided broken legs, broken necks, and hamstring pulls because of the super cool steroids we have in San Francisco!!! Man, Darren McFadden must be truly lazy not to drive across the bay bridge to get the good ****. And to think, if Aaron Rodgers had enough money to fly to San Francisco, he wouldn't have missed ANY TIME!!! Maybe he should call Ryan Braun.

Good thing these super awesome PEDS don't show up on any tests (because a niner hasn't tested positive on any peds test). Wonder why we didn't give any of this magic elixir to Crabtree and the others??

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like Seattle (and niner fans have teased them for this) has a ton of players on Adderal, I do accuse the Niners of having some synthetic steroid program that is advanced beyond what other teams have yet.
SAN FRANCISCO.... wasn't that the place where Barry Bonds was advancing himself?

There are things going on we don't know about.
The Seattle PED program.
The old Patriots Spygate.
The Saints BountyGate.

The Niners luck regarding injuries is too coincidental, not just this year but last and the year before.
That OL didn't miss a single start last year!

Are you F'ing serious with this crap? You can't be serious. This is a joke. Where's the hidden camera?

I came back to this site because I've had some good conversations with Packer fans over the past few years and the first think I read is one of the most ill conceived accusatory post I've ever read with NOTHING behind it.

The Niners have had all sorts of injuries all year up and down the roster. I'm not going to compare to Green Bays injuries because that has zero to do with the argument. The Packers have been snakebit for the last few YEARS.

To accuse the Niners tho of some advanced doping scheme is stupidity in its truest sense. They are advanced because Bonds played here? Braun plays there so I guess the Packers are guilty to.

Unbelievable. I expect better from what I have come to see as one of the more knowledgeable fanbases in the NFL.

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go ahead and try, but let's not talk about games missed in September.
Let's talk about December, now.

Go ahead, begin.
Let's see how your preferred starters from LT to RT look. Your preferred WR1 & WR2. Your TE. Your RB1. Your QB1.
How about your 4 LBers, from LOLB to ROLB.
How about your DL, starting with the Pro Bowler Justin Smith.
And your CB1 & CB2, and Safeties.

Go ahead..... and we'll compare.

Your ***** have been LUCKY again there.
I personally wouldn't mind seeing a TJ Ward light up Vernon Davis, and then a Matt Elam on Crabtree.
Also wouldn't mind seeing Aldon Smith break his thumb like Matthews did.
Eric Reid and Nick Collins? Fine by me, even it up there.

Bulaga and Sherrod and Staley and Davis? OK.
Works for me.

And let's take away your QB1 for 7 games now, see how that works.

So LESS injuries than Packers = On steroids?

Wow...I guess every team in the NFL that isn't the packers is on to some new secret steroid. SHHHHH!!!!!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you F'ing serious with this crap? You can't be serious. This is a joke. Where's the hidden camera?

I'm not going to compare to Green Bays injuries because that has zero to do with the argument. The Packers have been snakebit for the last few YEARS.
Hey don't judge all the rest of the Packer fans in here based on me.
I've watched the Niners injuries compared to ours since 2010, and I am just bitter, jealous, envious, whatever you call it.

Yes we have been VERY snakebit, starting with losing Al Harris and Aaron Kampman to torn ACLs in 2008 or 2009, AGAINST THE NINERS on the same drive. Both careers ended on that drive. No cheap shots at all, just bad breaks, untouched, ACL tears.
I hold grudges though.....Robert Brooks was the same thing. Vs San Fran, torn ACL.

I am not a TT lover, but it makes me mad that he used back-to-back 1st round premium picks on OTs in 2010 & 2011 to give Rodgers a super OL.... just like the Niners have in Staley and Anthony Davis.

NOW, compare the health of those 4 OT's please..... that's the only point I ask you to respond to.
Not Vernon Davis and Jermichael Finley, or Aldon Smith and Clay Matthews..... just those 4 first round pick OTs.
Please, go ahead.

You see why I am bitter?

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey don't judge all the rest of the Packer fans in here based on me.
I've watched the Niners injuries compared to ours since 2010, and I am just bitter, jealous, envious, whatever you call it.

Yes we have been VERY snakebit, starting with losing Al Harris and Aaron Kampman to torn ACLs in 2008 or 2009, AGAINST THE NINERS on the same drive. Both careers ended on that drive. No cheap shots at all, just bad breaks, untouched, ACL tears.
I hold grudges though.....Robert Brooks was the same thing. Vs San Fran, torn ACL.

I am not a TT lover, but it makes me mad that he used back-to-back 1st round premium picks on OTs in 2010 & 2011 to give Rodgers a super OL.... just like the Niners have in Staley and Anthony Davis.

NOW, compare the health of those 4 OT's please..... that's the only point I ask you to respond to.
Not Vernon Davis and Jermichael Finley, or Aldon Smith and Clay Matthews..... just those 4 first round pick OTs.
Please, go ahead.

You see why I am bitter?

I got no prob with bitter. I had an issue with baseless accusations of steroids. Besides, steroids INCREASE your chance of injury.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ravens vs Niners in last season's SB.
Remind me again please 5x49er who won that one because I forgot.
And I'm not very good at math.
OK so the Niners have 5 Football championship wins and the Packers have 13 championship wins.
So is that even halfway close to the Packers?
True or false: Are the Niners leaving their stadium?
Have the Packers left theirs?
Bonus question: Who has played in which stadium the longest?

Do the Niners let working class fans who are part of the 99% become owners of their team or is it owned by one rich greedy SOB who is part of the 1%?

I could go on why the Packers are the best team of all time in the NFL and why the Niners aren't as long as you come here and troll.

If you can dish it out then you gotta take it.
Is any of that going to help the Packers win next Sunday?

Sorry, had to.
It might. It just might because:
1) It's a home game for us. (I guess your team really wants to leave the 'Stick that badly, huh?)
2) We have the greatest fans in all sports.
Have the 9ers always had sold out stadiums even when the team was doing poorly?
Or is it filled only when they have a winning team and winning seasons?
And who jumps up into the end zone to share the joy after a TD? Do the Niners do that or just sniff their arm pits and dance around like clowns?
Sorry. Had to.

You Whiners fans can sure dish it out but you can't take it.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got no prob with bitter. I had an issue with baseless accusations of steroids. Besides, steroids INCREASE your chance of injury.
You come into our house then you better expect your team to be questioned etc.
This is the Packer, not the Whiner forum.
(Than again, maybe it's a Whiner forum for you no matter which one you join.)
Maybe Frank is onto something with the Whiners taking 'roids.
If you don't like it, the EXIT sign is very brightly lit and I'm sure you can find your way over there.
If your gonna stay then shut up and take it like a man.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really would have rather be matched up with the Saints. The key is, no turnovers. None. If we turn it over at all, I don't think we will win. Let's be honest, our defense will probably make Kaepernick look like Steve Young and the offense must not give the 9ers any extra opportunities.

In our three meetings with Harbaugh's 49ers we have lost all three times, losing the turnover battle each game.
Season opener 2012-Packers 1 turnover, 49ers 0
Playoff Game- Packers 2 turnovers, 49ers 1
Season opener 2013- Packers 2 turnovers, 49ers 0

Rodgers has thrown one INT each time. He can't throw any next weekend. If we play turnover free football, I'll feel good about our chances.
Things change and we gotta make 'em change into our favor.
Go Pack and kill the Whiners and shut them down.

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You come into our house then you better expect your team to be questioned etc.
This is the Packer, not the Whiner forum.
(Than again, maybe it's a Whiner forum for you no matter which one you join.)
Maybe Frank is onto something with the Whiners taking 'roids.
If you don't like it, the EXIT sign is very brightly lit and I'm sure you can find your way over there.
If your gonna stay then shut up and take it like a man.

No.

In fact that might be the weakest argument I've ever read. Sad.

Come on. I've been here for a few years now. You guys are far, far better than this.

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ravens vs Niners in last season's SB.
Remind me again please 5x49er who won that one because I forgot.
And I'm not very good at math.
OK so the Niners have 5 Football championship wins and the Packers have 13 championship wins.
So is that even halfway close to the Packers?
True or false: Are the Niners leaving their stadium?
Have the Packers left theirs?
Bonus question: Who has played in which stadium the longest?

Do the Niners let working class fans who are part of the 99% become owners of their team or is it owned by one rich greedy SOB who is part of the 1%?

I could go on why the Packers are the best team of all time in the NFL and why the Niners aren't as long as you come here and troll.

If you can dish it out then you gotta take it.

Does this rant have anything resembling a point?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Q: What do San Francisco and Los Angeles have in common?
A: Neither city has a professional football team.

Q: What's the difference between the San Francisco 49ers and a dollar bill?
A: You can still get four quarters out of a dollar bill.

Q: What is the difference between an 49ers fan and a baby?
A: The baby will stop whining after awhile.

Q: What did the 49ers fan say after his team won the Super Bowl?
A: "Dammit mom, why'd you wake me up? I was having an amazing dream!"

Q: How many 49ers fans does it take to change a light bulb?
A: None they are happy living in Seattle's shadow!

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It might. It just might because:
1) It's a home game for us. (I guess your team really wants to leave the 'Stick that badly, huh?)
2) We have the greatest fans in all sports.
Have the 9ers always had sold out stadiums even when the team was doing poorly?
Or is it filled only when they have a winning team and winning seasons?
And who jumps up into the end zone to share the joy after a TD? Do the Niners do that or just sniff their arm pits and dance around like clowns?
Sorry. Had to.

You Whiners fans can sure dish it out but you can't take it.

To address your questions...

1) Good for you.
2) If you say so. What I've read in the past 30 minutes makes me doubtful, but I won't paint you all with that brush.
3) They have sold out every single home game since 1979.
4) Yeah, kissing the word "Faith" on your arm is such a ****** move compared to mocking a title belt.

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Q: What do San Francisco and Los Angeles have in common?
A: Neither city has a professional football team.

Q: What's the difference between the San Francisco 49ers and a dollar bill?
A: You can still get four quarters out of a dollar bill.

Q: What is the difference between an 49ers fan and a baby?
A: The baby will stop whining after awhile.

Q: What did the 49ers fan say after his team won the Super Bowl?
A: "Dammit mom, why'd you wake me up? I was having an amazing dream!"

Q: How many 49ers fans does it take to change a light bulb?
A: None they are happy living in Seattle's shadow!

Nice generic jokes. Those supposed to be funny?

I didn't come here to argue with you peeps...but MAN. You are makin this EASY.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts