Why the Packers will make the playoffs....

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's simple,

Packers will lose only once more, and that will be to the Patriots. The only other game I see the Packers losing is at Detroit, that game just scares me for some reason.

The Bears will only win one more game and that will be against the Lions (and honestly thats a toss up imo). Also have games against Patriots, Jets, Packers, Eagles, Vikings.

Final records:

Packers: 11-5, 10-6 at the worst

Bears: 8-8, 9-7 at the best.

OP
OP
Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears have beaten one team with a winning record this year, us. And that was in Chicago. Im not too concerned, there schedule is killer to end the year.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I don't know, if the Bears pull off this win against the hot Eagles, there's a little cause for concern. They're winning after all.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'll be scared of the playoffs if we lose to the Patriots now cause we also came up short vs Atlanta...

Today's game was a dead heat. The last team with the ball (with any real time left) won the game. I would bet that the Falcons do NOT want to have to play us again. That said, we will win the division. If we can get any semblence of a running game going we can even win @ NE in a few weeks. They are very beatable. Heck, even the Lions outplayed them for 2.5 quarters.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Today's game was a dead heat. The last team with the ball (with any real time left) won the game. I would bet that the Falcons do NOT want to have to play us again. That said, we will win the division. If we can get any semblence of a running game going we can even win @ NE in a few weeks. They are very beatable. Heck, even the Lions outplayed them for 2.5 quarters.

The Pats in New England are an entirely different beast than the Pats away from home.

Brady's won 25 in a row at home. And counting.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pats in New England are an entirely different beast than the Pats away from home.

Brady's won 25 in a row at home. And counting.

thats it! i knew there was some ridiculous streak with the Patriots at home. lol.

yeah not looking forward to that game, might be a lot like today's game. i have it pegged as a lose.

and Bears looked pretty good today, so is that their "one win" the rest of the season? I hope so!

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's going to be pretty close now. I don't see any way the Packers win at New England, which means we can finish 11-5 at best. We're going to have to beat Chicago no matter what in the finale.

Looking at tiebreakers, if we split with Chicago, then it comes down to division games. They have games against the Lions and Vikings, we have one against the Lions. If the Packers and Bears win all of those, it comes down to common games. Right now we are at a disadvantage there, because the Bears beat the Dolphins and we lost to them. That means that if the Bears were to win the four games going into the finale, they'd clinch the division without having to beat us, even if we won out as well. Of course we'd be in as a wild card at 12-4 in that scenario.

The media made fun of the NFC earlier this year, but look at the top 3 divisions now. It's possible an 11-5 team misses the playoffs.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's going to be pretty close now. I don't see any way the Packers win at New England, which means we can finish 11-5 at best. We're going to have to beat Chicago no matter what in the finale.

Looking at tiebreakers, if we split with Chicago, then it comes down to division games. They have games against the Lions and Vikings, we have one against the Lions. If the Packers and Bears win all of those, it comes down to common games. Right now we are at a disadvantage there, because the Bears beat the Dolphins and we lost to them. That means that if the Bears were to win the four games going into the finale, they'd clinch the division without having to beat us, even if we won out as well. Of course we'd be in as a wild card at 12-4 in that scenario.

The media made fun of the NFC earlier this year, but look at the top 3 divisions now. It's possible an 11-5 team misses the playoffs.
dont it go nfc record after div record?

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so if the pack win the rest of there nfc games. san fran, detroit, giants and bears we win the north no matter what the bears do.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.
Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in common games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss
Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.
Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in common games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss
Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
We win all tiebreakers 5-11 lol and I think we will take 3-4 as well so I say lets tie them up on 1 and 2 and the north is ares with the tiebreakers

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope we take the division! i want a home playoff game! plus i think the wildcard situation is too crazy for my liking. i dont want to be the team that gets the boot...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts