Why So Many Packers to the Vikings?

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Some people prefer used cars with mileage, and some people pay to much for used cars......they just happen to do both and like it. Plus, I think that they use the thinking that they may gain some sort of inside info on how we work and how to beat us....how's that working out? lol

Reaction score
Maybe the players sort of like the family friendly atmosphere of Wisconsin/Minnesota (not including Milwaukee/Murder-apolis). I know Favre/Ryan Longwell were sort of outdoors men type, Sharper was too hollywood, not sure - money probably.... Greg.... idk, probably spiteful + money...

For the vikings.... they see us win Superbowls, then figure getting "A" player from a championship contender will somehow get 'em over the hill... idk.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings just introduced Brett as their new "Director of Acquiring Packer Players"...so I'm guessing there will be more to come.

cupacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know others here hate the Bears more and that is a good hate but I absolutely loathe the Queens. I hope Jennings gets knocked into next week when we play them. Felt the same way towards Favre.

I wish no ill wills towards Jennings. You and the other fans should just get over it. Those of us that have been Packers fans our whole lives wouldn't dream of playing anywhere else. But remember, he's just doing his job, and doing what's best for his family. An NFL player's playing career is so short that they better take every dime they can get until they can't get anymore. Wouldn't you do the same for your family?

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish no ill wills towards Jennings. You and the other fans should just get over it. Those of us that have been Packers fans our whole lives wouldn't dream of playing anywhere else. But remember, he's just doing his job, and doing what's best for his family. An NFL player's playing career is so short that they better take every dime they can get until they can't get anymore. Wouldn't you do the same for your family?

You read a lot more into my post than what I actually said. Maybe you should check my profile???:rolleyes:

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Since 1970. Number of picks in the top 10.
Interesting. How 'bout since 1950? Or 1930? ;)

In the 23 drafts since Ron Wolf arrived, the Packers have had 4 picks in the top 10.Thompson has exercised two top 10 picks in the 9 drafts he's headed. Thompson has averaged going into a draft with about the 21st pick in the first round (counting the pick he traded out of when he picked Nelson first overall, not counting the pick he traded up for, for Matthews).

I'll leave it to Raptorman to update his stats to a little more relevant time period if he wants.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Purplepeopleeater said:
Anyway, this thread asked why so many Packers to the Vikings? Simple answer: Minnesota is a better place to live. Minnesota: Beautiful women, Fortune 500 companies, plenty of fine dining, arts and culture. Wisconsin: Possum hunting, fat women in plaid shirts, getting drunk in the local tavern.

With reasoning like that, Miami should have an all star team right now.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Interesting. How 'bout since 1950? Or 1930? ;)

In the 23 drafts since Ron Wolf arrived, the Packers have had 4 picks in the top 10.Thompson has exercised two top 10 picks in the 9 drafts he's headed. Thompson has averaged going into a draft with about the 21st pick in the first round (counting the pick he traded out of when he picked Nelson first overall, not counting the pick he traded up for, for Matthews).

I'll leave it to Raptorman to update his stats to a little more relevant time period if he wants.
The reason I picked 1970 is because that is the year of the merger. Why not 1950? Because the Vikings were not around. And BTW, the Packers had 12 picks in the top 10 in the 1950's. Prior to the merger almost every team had a top 10 pick. The Packers had 5 in the 1960's alone.

But if you want to go with since Wolf was there. The Vikings have had 5 in the top ten. One was from the Moss trade. Which is also the only one that was a bust.

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I don't care who goes to the vikes. If TT and the rest of management thought it was worth it for them to stay they would have ponied up the cash. I think it's lame when fans pitch a fit over it as if they've never considered changing jobs for better pay.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
My two cents is that anybody who blasts Vikings fans on the internet haven't gone there. Minnesota people are alot like Wisconsinites. We're all midwestern. I've never, ever been hassled by anybody there on the regular visits I used to have to Rochester. I know, it's off the beaten path but it pretty much exemplifies the mood of the average Minnesotoan. Fans are different and I know Vikings fans can be an annoying bunch but it's really a reach to call anybody from that state on anything. They are a welcoming and friendly bunch, unlike anything at all from the east or west coast. I can't say the same about Chicago folks. Sorry, I've worked with some and they are always annoying & constantly bad mouthing the Packers & this even entered the workplace. There might be respect among all the players but I am astonished that people rank the Vikings as even in the same ballpark as Chitcago as a rival. The Vikings have never won a SB. Nuff said. Fun fact: Does anybody remember Jim McMahon being a backup in GB?
As a football club, I'd be hard pressed to image any other concept at work than that the Packers were letting a good talent go and it would benefit the Vikings unless the brass didn't think they could perform. Can you think of a Packer player who didn't perform when the Vikings took him? There has to be some but you can't argue the Packers have had to at times part ways with players they didn't think would fit the price tag.
You can almost make the argument that many of those players had a bit of an edge as to show the Packers they made a mistake. Sharper, Longwell... good players the Pack didn't resign and who would blame them for wanting to compete and show their worth.
One last item, it might be that their release was exactly what their ego's needed to jolt them into performance?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Whatever. Minnesota certainly isn't a better place to win football games (college or pro).

BTW, Why is Jared Allen f***ing a pair of bears in your avatar? -Totally inappropriate! Grow up. :D
Are you sure they are bears, and not Minnesotan women ?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

In my experience as a foreigner, the only people I ever had a dislike of was the native people of Philly. My very first visit to the U.S. I arrived in Philadelphea. The first 10 I met were horrible and that was just in the airport. It could have soured my view of America, but when I flew into Milwaukee, the people were totally different. The same when I flew in Chicago (even wearing our colours)(colors). I always engage U.S. passengers flying through our airport, and they are always very friendly........even Viking fans ;)

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my experience as a foreigner, the only people I ever had a dislike of was the native people of Philly. My very first visit to the U.S. I arrived in Philadelphea. The first 10 I met were horrible and that was just in the airport. It could have soured my view of America, but when I flew into Milwaukee, the people were totally different. The same when I flew in Chicago (even wearing our colours)(colors). I always engage U.S. passengers flying through our airport, and they are always very friendly........even Viking fans ;)

Well you don't have to be a foreigner to have met horrible in Philly. My last trip to Europe I went through Philly. Never again!!! The TSA was after me because I had a run in with a rude and ignorant US Air employee (long story). Btw, never fly US Air.

But that's only one experience. I went to a Packer game there against Philadelphia way back and thought I wouldn't get out of the place alive. But it's an East Coast USA thing. There are rude people in Boston, New York, and Washington as well. They all did their internship in Philadelphia. If I never see that damn place again I'll be happy!

As you found out the inner and rural America is different.

Members online

Latest posts