Why Does Try Aikman Always Get The Packers Games?

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must be in the minority. I don't feel that Buck or Aikman are bad announcers nor do I feel that they have an anti-Packers bias.

OP
OP
greenandgold

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
You didnt see helmet to helmet contact?!?

Personally I think they are too strict with it but by the letter of the law, it was a missed penalty
I also saw a couple on the other side. He totally ignored them as it would have been an advantage to the Packers. It's totally stupid penalty when the QB lowers his helmet into the hit.

MplsPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People have really gotten too caught up with this whole idea. Aikman is fine and has no specific anti-Packer bias that I have detected. Plus why would he hold a grudge? The Cowboys owned us when he played. Now, being annoyed by the self righteous Buck I totally get but not this whole deal with Aikman.

D

Dan115

He did the D- Philly game--- He said the Packers are the best team in the NFC. What hatred ---and during a cowboy game on Thanksgiving! Disgraceful !

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Was at the UCLA game today. Aikman had his number retired. He must have been having a really S***ty day or he is just a dour person. Maybe it was because it was in the low 80's and he was in a dark suit. didn't see him smile once. he was the only person on the podium in Sunglasses and his speech was pretty canned with very little emotion or sincerity. Maybe he's is just one of those emotionless guys, always serious. A little medical marijuana might loosen him up.

The game sucked too.

OP
OP
greenandgold

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Well, excepting for the fact that Bret once led us to the promised land and won. Something Cutler couldn't do for either the Bears or Denver.

OP
OP
greenandgold

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Dang it sucks to be a Packers fan in Alabama. The game before went long, missed the first few minutes before they switched it to the Packers game. Missed some of Lacy's long runs. Oh well, at least Aikman wasn't doing the game.

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dang it sucks to be a Packers fan in Alabama. The game before went long, missed the first few minutes before they switched it to the Packers game. Missed some of Lacy's long runs. Oh well, at least Aikman wasn't doing the game.

Yea, this was the case in New York too.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score

I think Aikman and Buck are perfectly fine as announcers.

The worst announcer in the history of sports casting is Dan Dildorf. Now that's something to complain about.

Bridcarper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, as far as I am concerned, I am really chuffed that Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are the commentators for this game. These two guys are real easy to listen to, informative and add a lot to the whole experience of the match. They have a real flow to their commentary whereas some of the other announcers don't seem to pick up the rhythm of games - which results in a flat atmosphere. Might be controversial I know, but I wouldn't swap them for this, or any other game unless it was for Collingsworth, regardless of any negativity they may have against us.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
These two guys are real easy to listen to, informative and add a lot to the whole experience of the match.
Yeah, I think they are a good team and they bring a nice flow to things.

Someone posted a link to an article where Joe Buck says he really likes coming to Lambeau (even though people throw peanuts at them, lol) and would pick MM and AR to start a team with so... What are ya' lookin' for after a statement like that?

AND they know the Packers better than any other announcers on the planet other than possibly Larrivee and McCarren.

D

Deleted member 6794

A lot of people complaining about Buck and Aikman have forgotten they were kind of a lucky charm for the Packers in 2010 as they were the commentators during all four playoff wins.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are their number one team, they cover the biggest games. I think besides the AFC ravens and pats, GB and Dallas are easily the biggest game of the weekend.

Anyway I think my dislike came more during Favre years and aikmen playing then commenting. I think lately his announcing has been pretty good. I'm over my hate for this team though they do annoy me at times, but what announcing team doesn't?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO Aikman and Buck do a pretty good job for the most part. Look at it this way, they're Fox's #1 team, so if they're doing your team's game, Fox considers your game to be the best they have that week and it'll be televised in most of the country.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My question is why is Joe Buck on FOX's #1 announcing team? He is the worst play-by-play caller ever. Always boring, never conveys any of the excitement of the game. Just watch the video of his call of the David Tyree catch in the Super Bowl. He sounds like nothing special happened on that play.

Pacal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My question is why is Joe Buck on FOX's #1 announcing team? He is the worst play-by-play caller ever. Always boring, never conveys any of the excitement of the game. Just watch the video of his call of the David Tyree catch in the Super Bowl. He sounds like nothing special happened on that play.

I like Buck, or I don't mind him.

The David Tyree thing was 7 years ago -- so long ago it was 2 weeks after Favre's final Packers game -- and he's actually said he's learned from that, which seems true.

Members online

Latest posts