Why Does Try Aikman Always Get The Packers Games?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you are really annoyed at the TV channel announcers then turn off the TV and switch on the radio to a station that is Wisconsin based.
You will get announcers who are actually Packers fans and won't show any prejudice towards the Pack and may actually express excitement over a Packers TD or other big play.
I dunno how many radio stations/announcers cover Packers games but the ones I've picked up are definitely not against the Packers as the TV ones seem to be.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
If you are really annoyed at the TV channel announcers then turn off the TV and switch on the radio to a station that is Wisconsin based.
You will get announcers who are actually Packers fans and won't show any prejudice towards the Pack and may actually express excitement over a Packers TD or other big play.
I dunno how many radio stations/announcers cover Packers games but the ones I've picked up are definitely not against the Packers as the TV ones seem to be.

I wish that were possible. I have to stream a WI radio station being that i am in NC and then there is like a 20 sec delay in streaming ....so watching it live on mute with a delayed stream playing would not be so helpful. What would be most helpful is if aikman would take a long walk off a short pier.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
Agreed. Brent was the golden boy for many broadcasters and much of the sports media. Fact is, there's little difference between Cutler and Brent but because Brendint was a good ole boy and played nicey nice with the media, he was loved while Cutler is vilified.
Sheer Nonsense. :roflmao: And by no means am I a supporter of Mr. Favre.

Cutler is vilified because he is a punk.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And as far as Aikman and Buck go, I have no problem with them.

Now just for the hell of it, the most annoying announcer in my opinion was Dan Dierdorf.

Just an incredible putz with no command of the English Language. Just my two centavos...

Last edited:

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Oshkoshpacker... Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself and our entire fan base. Aikman, Collinsworth, etc must hate their job because from what I've been hearing, they hate EVERY TEAM.

You have no facts, this forum is public, and you are publicly making the GB fan base look ridiculous.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know who is more annoying. Aikman or NBC's Collinsworth. I'd have to go with Aikman. This last game he really seemed to be worse than usual. What I usually do is just mute the audio on the TV. I know enough about football to keep up with the game and do my own dang commentary. I don't NEED to hear that!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish that were possible. I have to stream a WI radio station being that i am in NC and then there is like a 20 sec delay in streaming ....so watching it live on mute with a delayed stream playing would not be so helpful. What would be most helpful is if aikman would take a long walk off a short pier.
We would listen to the radio with the TV game if there was no delay as well but we like to record or pause the game on the DVR to FF through the commercials.
Only way to do it this way would be to tape record the game on the radio and then sync up the two together. A lot of trouble to spoil ourselves this way.
Or just listen to it on the radio which I did a few times before I had a TV.
Just grin and bear it.

As I mentioned before, there were these other two announcers for the first few games on Fox I've never heard before and they seemed to be more on the Packers side.
Anyone know or remember their names?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well we can always bring back Mike Ditka. I love it when they get that white marker and draw all over the screen. I also have to say if anybody hatess Aikman more than us it's the Eagles fans.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
I am rewatching the game and I'm at 6:00 left in the 4th and I haven't heard a single jab, smart *** comment, or anything even resembling any amount of hatred or even any small amount of distaste.

Quite the contrary, actually. I've heard nothing but good things from both of them in regards to Green Bay, the fans, the team, the coaching staff, the stadium, and their outlook going forward.

Please tell me, at what point in the game you heard any comment you disliked. Whether it be a blatant comment, or a slight tone-of-voice change signifying such.
A specific time of the game would be helpful, but even if it's during a certain drive you remember, I will go back and listen closer and post their exchange.

Assuming that you can do this, please do, if you can't, then just let it go. It's unbecoming.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Every teams fans think the commentators or analysts hate their team, it's all in your mind. Aikman Collinsworth etc will speak their minds and say negative things when warranted, that's their job. However, in my opinion they're objective enough, I've never noticed any "agenda" against the Packers or anyone else. Hell, I even read a Cowboys blog where their fans thought Aikman was getting on the medias "cowboy hate" bandwagon. They thought he should show more love since he played there. Just how it goes, fans of all teams feel this way

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't miss madden and his overuse of the pen.

I do miss pat summerall. I think it's just bc I grew up listening to him.

Good ol JR> every other announcer

OP
OP
greenandgold

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Lacking specific examples of Aikman and Buck being anti-Packer, it appears the perception of some fans may be that if announcers do not engage in unrequited gushing over the team then they must hate them. Yet I have heard them praise the city of GB, the warmth of Packer fans, the classiness of the organization, players present and past, and even some local establishments such as Kroll's, Chili John's and the frozen custard place. Please quote the specific anti-Packer statements they have made that I must have missed when going for a beer or something.
I gave examples. Two times Sunday he said the Packers should have been penalized for helmet to helmet hits. The refd didn't seem to agree. He always moans about call not being called on the Packers. Usuallu pass interference or defensibe holding. Maybe he does it for everybody. If it isn't the Packers playing and he's announcing, I always switch to another game.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I gave examples. Two times Sunday he said the Packers should have been penalized for helmet to helmet hits. The refd didn't seem to agree. He always moans about call not being called on the Packers. Usuallu pass interference or defensibe holding. Maybe he does it for everybody. If it isn't the Packers playing and he's announcing, I always switch to another game.

Aikmin was correct. Those were penalties based on the rules. Pointing out calls he doesn't agree with in no way shows a dislike for the Packers.

Even if they did, two examples from the 1st quarter do not overrule 3 quarters of praise. Not even close.

Reaction score
And the complimentary question that needs to be deciphered is... How tall does Joes footstool have to be to make him appear normal size next to Troy? C'mon you all thought it you just were being polite.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He was right. They where penalties that got missed.... Did you miss the part right after he pointed out that by letter of the law it should have been a flag that he said that he hated the rule to begin with.....

Doesnt sound like hating on the Packers as much as it sounds like he pointed out a missed penalty to a rule he doesnt like.

If anything Aikmen gets props from me cause more then any other announcer he points out n almost mocks how they protect the QBs nowadays vrs when he played

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only reason Aikman spoke "nicely" about the Packers on Sunday is because they were winning and looking great in the process.
When they are losing and not looking so great he really turns on them.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Just because they're saying things you don't like doesn't mean they're turning on them.
If they're playing like ****, then that's his job is to talk about how ****** they're playing, lol..
I don't understand any of these comments.

It's not a regional broadcast. The TV commentators in the NFL have to try to remain neutral, unlike Larry and Wayne (who essentially work for the Packers) , or a baseball broadcast.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You didnt see helmet to helmet contact?!?

Personally I think they are too strict with it but by the letter of the law, it was a missed penalty

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those of you who can't stand him and think he or they have it in for the Pack should be happy to know that they are not calling the Packers game this week.
It's a couple of other guys.

Snoop17744

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am guessing that CBS will send Nantz & Simms for the Pats/Packers gm??...

Like Packer's fans are used to getting FOX's #1 "team", Pat's fan's are used to getting CBS's #1 "team". I think GB fans will like Nantz/Simms for a change of pace.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am guessing that CBS will send Nantz & Simms for the Pats/Packers gm??...

Like Packer's fans are used to getting FOX's #1 "team", Pat's fan's are used to getting CBS's #1 "team". I think GB fans will like Nantz/Simms for a change of pace.
Yes they are.

So how about it Packers fans? Any objections to those two?

Members online

Latest posts