Why Does Try Aikman Always Get The Packers Games?

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
He obviously is biased and hates them. I can't recall any game he's done where he hasn't moaned that the Packers should have been called for an imaginary penalty, and usually multiple times. And all his so called compliments are like he is being forced at gunpoint to say them, and most have a left hand twist.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't this his first Packer game this year?

To answer on a larger scale, Aikman and Buck are FOXs #1 team and therefore typically get assigned to FOXs #1 game. Which because of their success in recent years often involves the Packers.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Well, Chris Collinsworth-less isn't any better.

Let's get some Packer alumni in the booth, rather than retired competition from other NFC teams.

How about Donald Driver. He has a nice smile.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aikmin has stated himself he's a big fan of Rodgers, Packer fans, and the organization. I see no reason to not believe him.

He also says that other team's fans, Bears fans for example, have also said he doesn't like their team. There's just something about his announcing that makes it seem he doesn't like a team.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Aikman was very complimentary to the Packers, and Rogers especially, yesterday. But usually that's not the case. There's never been a better announcer than Ray Scott, and everyone since has been a step down, imo.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Aikman was very complimentary to the Packers, and Rogers especially, yesterday.
Yeah. Buck was asking about what the Eagles or Mark Sanchez has to do and Aikman said a few things and then turned the attention to how good the Packers have been without being asked.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Aikmen was not as bad for the philly game as he usually is. I cant say much for joe buck because he is simply aikmens little puppet boy. Anyone remember the old loony toons catoon with the large bulldog and the smaller terrior sidekick: "hey spike, what we gunna do today spike" and then the bulldog slaps that crap out of the little dog and says "ayyyy shut up". The little guy hangs on every word and agrees with everything said, that is aikmen and buck, hands down lol

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
IMO the anti-Packers bias is more in the minds of Packers fans than in the play-by-play guys and commentators. Ray Scott was great but remember he was the Packers broadcaster. I liked Ray because he assumed everyone listening to him was also watching the game and he didn’t feel the need to fill every second of the telecast with his voice.

My criticism of current broadcast teams is usually aimed more at the play-by-play guy: Frequently they neglect to provide basic information like who made the tackle. BTW, I don’t miss Madden or Pat Summerall at the end of their careers. IMO the way Madden slobbered all over Favre was embarrassing.

Sky King

Reaction score
As stated in another thread, Aikman was specifically complimentary of the City of Green Bay, the people living there, the Packer organization and it's players, Bart Starr and, finally, even Kroll's was praised. Specifically, what did he say that should be construed as negative?

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO the anti-Packers bias is more in the minds of Packers fans than in the play-by-play guys and commentators. Ray Scott was great but remember he was the Packers broadcaster. I liked Ray because he assumed everyone listening to him was also watching the game and he didn’t feel the need to fill every second of the telecast with his voice.

My criticism of current broadcast teams is usually aimed more at the play-by-play guy: Frequently they neglect to provide basic information like who made the tackle. BTW, I don’t miss Madden or Pat Summerall at the end of their careers. IMO the way Madden slobbered all over Favre was embarrassing.

Agreed. Brent was the golden boy for many broadcasters and much of the sports media. Fact is, there's little difference between Cutler and Brent but because Brendint was a good ole boy and played nicey nice with the media, he was loved while Cutler is vilified.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Lol NoMoFo....you crazy. I am not some favre supporter any more, but to say he is the same as cutler....wowza!!! Even I wouldnt cheap shot ol favre that low lol

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aikmen was not as bad for the philly game as he usually is. I cant say much for joe buck because he is simply aikmens little puppet boy. Anyone remember the old loony toons catoon with the large bulldog and the smaller terrior sidekick: "hey spike, what we gunna do today spike" and then the bulldog slaps that crap out of the little dog and says "ayyyy shut up". The little guy hangs on every word and agrees with everything said, that is aikmen and buck, hands down lol
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
... I don’t miss Madden or Pat Summerall at the end of their careers...

I believe I already mentioned this in an older thread, but I will never forget how Madden once commented on how the really smart linemen know to crouch real low to the grass when they are in their 3-4 point stances. This way, they get more oxygen, which is being produced by the grass.

I think I laughed so hard at that I nearly peed myself. To this day, I have no idea if Madden was serious or not.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
It's more Joe Buck these days than anything else. I was actually shocked yesterday to hear a compliment about Lambeau from him - he just always seems so aloof and bored when calling our games. Perhaps that's just Joe Buck in a nutshell... just waiting for baseball season to start again.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe I already mentioned this in an older thread, but I will never forget how Madden once commented on how the really smart linemen know to crouch real low to the grass when they are in their 3-4 point stances. This way, they get more oxygen, which is being produced by the grass.

I think I laughed so hard at that I nearly peed myself. To this day, I have no idea if Madden was serious or not.
Was it a game on Astroturf? That would let you know if he was joking or not! LOL

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. Brent was the golden boy for many broadcasters and much of the sports media. Fact is, there's little difference between Cutler and Brent but because Brendint was a good ole boy and played nicey nice with the media, he was loved while Cutler is vilified.
Comparing Brett Favre to Jay Culter in any sense is absurd.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aikman isn't exactly a smiley, friendly guy. He's knowledgeable about football but has a tendency of imparting a negative tone. I don't think that he really hates the Packers. How could he? Aikman really enjoyed beating us all of those years!

toolkien

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Brett Favre - Green Bay Packers - Mike Holmgren - Steve Mariucci - West Coast Offense - Ron Wolf's GM'ing - Bob Harlan* = Jay Cutler (or Bubby Brister or Jeff George or ......) .

Anyone who thinks Brett Favre would have become BRETT FAVRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! without all those elements subtracted above is being absurd. There's no way on god's green earth Favre would have become what he was as a the backup in Denver (and then literally Bubby Brister) behind Elway or (likely, starting in 1993 anyway) third string in Kansas City (behind Montana and Dave Krieg). Those were the only two other options Atlanta had on the table when Wolf sent the first rounder down. In short, it was the three years of patience and instruction by Holmgren and Mariucci that made anything out of Favre. Holmgren told Favre (in Favre's own autobiography) going into the 1994 season, that anymore of the 1993 stuff and he wouldn't hesitate to pull him. That year, in the Minnesota game, after Favre came out with a bruise they left Brunell in to see what he could do. THAT's the kind of stuff people forget about Favre, even after 2.5 years, that is what doesn't make comparisons to Cutler absurd.

Unfortunately, way too many people gave Favre all the credit, as if he was some otherworldly demi-god who blessed us with his presence. The reality is he was a Jay Cutler who got swept up into the vortex of all the OTHER positive things that were happening. It was a mutually beneficial instance that Favre's durability and longevity met up with the top-notch training that made the results we saw. But believe that if Favre wallowed on the bench in Denver or Kansas City, there would have been no realization of the latent potency or longevity. Favre would have been back at the Broke Spoke circa 1995 regaling the regulars with tales from the NFL, for beers, waiting to take over at Hancock High. There would have been way too many new QB's coming off the college football assembly line circa 1994,1995 to waste time a former third stringer turned second stringer. Favre's chances would have been used up. The best thing to ever happen to Brett Favre was getting traded to the Packers. Unfortunately, after a decade of getting proverbial reach-arounds from everybody, Favre thought he should have been running the team, and we all saw what transpired once he started going over the edge as far back as 2005.

*Setting everything in motion starting in 1989.

Last edited:

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre - Green Bay Packers - Mike Holmgren - Steve Mariucci - West Coast Offense - Ron Wolf's GM'ing - Bob Harlan* = Jay Cutler (or Bubby Brister or Jeff George or ......) .

Anyone who thinks Brett Favre would have become BRETT FAVRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! without all those elements subtracted above is being absurd. There's no way on god's green earth Favre would have become what he was as a the backup in Denver (and then literally Bubby Brister) behind Elway or (likely, starting in 1993 anyway) third string in Kansas City (behind Montana and Dave Krieg). Those were the only two other options Atlanta had on the table when Wolf sent the first rounder down. In short, it was the three years of patience and instruction by Holmgren and Mariucci that made anything out of Favre. Holmgren told Favre (in Favre's own autobiography) going into the 1994 season, that anymore of the 1993 stuff and he wouldn't hesitate to pull him. That year, in the Minnesota game, after Favre came out with a bruise they left Brunell in to see what he could do. THAT's the kind of stuff people forget about Favre, even after 2.5 years, that is what doesn't make comparisons to Cutler absurd.

Unfortunately, way too many people gave Favre all the credit, as if he was some otherworldly demi-god who blessed us with his presence. The reality is he was a Jay Cutler who got swept up into the vortex of all the OTHER positive things that were happening. It was a mutually beneficial instance that Favre's durability and longevity met up with the top-notch training that made the results we saw. But believe that if Favre wallowed on the bench in Denver or Kansas City, there would have been no realization of the latent potency or longevity. Favre would have been back at the Broke Spoke circa 1995 regaling the regulars with tales from the NFL, for beers, waiting to take over at Hancock High. There would have been way too many new QB's coming off the college football assembly line circa 1994,1995 to waste time a former third stringer turned second stringer. Favre's chances would have been used up. The best thing to ever happen to Brett Favre was getting traded to the Packers. Unfortunately, after a decade of getting proverbial reach-arounds from everybody, Favre thought he should have been running the team, and we all saw what transpired once he started going over the edge as far back as 2005.

*Setting everything in motion starting in 1989.
Agree with all. Wolf pulled the trigger on the talent that he saw. Holmgren, Mariucci, Andy Reid, Chucky and even Bevell molded him into a star.

The speculation that number 4 would have not materialized is all speculation. I prefer to deal in facts. Cutler has more talent across the board that Favre had. Cutler does not have the "want to" that Favre had. Wolf, Harlan and Holmgren get plenty credit deservedly. Street names, accolades, etc. Reid, Mariucci, Gruden and many others received head coaching and coordinator coaching positions as a result of GB success.

I'll say it again, comparing Jay Culter to Brett Favre is ridiculous.

Take a breath and stop hating on a wonderful 25 year run in Titletown.

OP
OP
greenandgold

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Aikmin has stated himself he's a big fan of Rodgers, Packer fans, and the organization. I see no reason to not believe him.

He also says that other team's fans, Bears fans for example, have also said he doesn't like their team. There's just something about his announcing that makes it seem he doesn't like a team.
And Obama said you can keep your health plan.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Really? No comparison you say huh? Hmmmmmmm...OK... then please tell me which of these career stats is Brents and which is Cutlers! lol

Int% 3.3
QB Rating 86
Comp% 62

Int% 3.4
QB Rating 85.5
Comp% 61.6

ya...the similarities are actually quite staggering.

Staff online

Latest posts