Why Does Try Aikman Always Get The Packers Games?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate Buck and Aikman. I turn the volume down. I'd sign 1,000 petitions to get them off Green Bay games.
I shouldn't have to listen to the super bowl champion Dallas quarterback calling games when it's Green Bay vs Dallas for damn sure. I hope he went home and cried into his cowboy pillow.
Buck isn't a Packer guy imo. He gets a certain excitement when teams do well or score on GB imo. I can't stand him except for when GB scores inwhich I turn the sound up to hear the scoring theme song and I gotta endure his voice for 10 seconds.
Buck is garbage. Aikman is garbage. End of story.

P.s. Buck is extra garbage calling baseball games. I can't escape this guy.

I can't speak for how Buck calls a baseball game, but did you even hear his call when Crosby made the FG? Or how about the Cobb Hail Mary last week? He shows just as much excitement for a Green Bay score as anyone else. They spend a great deal of air time just talking about the greatness of Rodgers. Of course he shows enthusiasm for when the other team scores too. That's his job. If you want to hear announcers gush over the Packers and tone down the excitement for the other team, by all means listen to Larivee.

I swear, some people have such preconceived notions about these two that they can't even acknowledge very obvious on-air evidence to the contrary.

Sign all the petitions you want, it's a waste of your time, they are the #1 FOX team for a reason and a petition will change nothing. I just think it's pretty silly and doesn't come off very well for our fan base to whine about respect for a commentating team when there isn't even good concrete evidence that they aren't already giving us due respect.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was listening to WTMJ the other day and one guy says he got an email from one listener complaining about how during the first half of the Giants game all they (Buck and Aikman) did was bash the Packers. His response was "did you watch the first half of the Giants game?"

Scotland Yard

What the hell is going on around here!
Reaction score
Fox was biased in the coverage, so, maybe some of the haters here have a point. Biased how?

Well, they were constantly showing Jerry Jones high-fiving after every play that went well for the Cowpokes. Then, when Crosby made the winning FG as time expired, no more Jerry Jones camera. I know a ton of fans like myself wanted to see that camera on Jones right after that FG, especially after we were tortured with seeing the old fart celebrate all game.

But no, Fox only wanted to portray Jerry Jones in one way, we were verboten from seeing him pout.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fox was biased in the coverage, so, maybe some of the haters here have a point. Biased how?

Well, they were constantly showing Jerry Jones high-fiving after every play that went well for the Cowpokes. Then, when Crosby made the winning FG as time expired, no more Jerry Jones camera. I know a ton of fans like myself wanted to see that camera on Jones right after that FG, especially after we were tortured with seeing the old fart celebrate all game.

But no, Fox only wanted to portray Jerry Jones in one way, we were verboten from seeing him pout.

So much..overanalysis. They were in Dallas, and Jerry Jones and Emmitt are pretty big names, so it's not surprising that they were showing plenty of shots of them. What about the shot of their offense on the sidelines, showing them sitting in stunned silence?

Maybe after the Crosby miss they didn't show Jones because they were busy showing the Packers celebrating? Then showing the disappointed rookies from Dallas? Do you really need to see a shot of Jones immediately after the miss? I assure you he was very disappointed and I'm sure you can find his post game interview.

And finally, even if all of that is true, what in the world does any of it have to do with Buck and Aikman?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Bridcarper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why are so many fans bothered, obsessed, infatuated or whatever you wanna call it with Jerry Jones? I don't wanna see him on my tv! You get what you deserve in this game and Jerry don't deserve much!!

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's simple, Joe and Troy get all of Fox's "America's Game of the Week" and big playoff games because Fox considers them their best crew, whether you agree with that or not. When you have a team like ours that's always playing in marquee games, more often than not that's what's going to happen. Same reason Jim Nantz and Phil Simms get all the Patriots games over on CBS.

Scotland Yard

What the hell is going on around here!
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Thank you for that. I feel better now.

---------------------------------------------------

As for me, my disdain toward Aikman has only to do with the fact I find his style boring. Aikman is like an accounting teacher, it's all debits and credits, nothing real exciting. He's the opposite of John Madden for instance...Madden always let you know he was revved up to see some football, a violent, smash mouth sport. (Not praising Madden, just showing the contrast.)

Aikman's demeanor is what you'd expect from a mortician, bland. He'd probably be good covering a golf tournament....or a knitting contest at the elderly ladies weekly auxiliary.

Anyway, I always listen to Larry McCarren on the Packers Radio Network (unless Al Michaels & Collinsworth are doing the game, they are the best in the business, no contest).

Members online

Latest posts