Why Does Try Aikman Always Get The Packers Games?

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must be in the minority. I don't feel that Buck or Aikman are bad announcers nor do I feel that they have an anti-Packers bias.

They don't. What it is, is a tainted view of Aikman that's reflected from our unofficial rivalry with the Cowboys in the 90s, and as such, they'll do anything to paint him in a bad light with every little thing he says while ignoring his props he often gives to Rodgers and the O. Now to be fair, I've come down on Aikman a few times when he's covered other games because I haven't liked his monotone and sometimes the way he said a play happened, but I don't believe he has put a bias against any team. There are just about any and every reason someone could pick a commentator on any mainstream network and hate them, and I seen it, and nobody has to like what they say, and if you don't you can just mute the TV, or play the TV with your team's radio network.

OP
OP
greenandgold

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Yeah, maybe. He was gushing about how good Rogers really was at the end. And he wasn't really moaning about the Dez Bryant call. He even said that the call of pass interference in the end zone on the Packers was a ticky tack call. So I let him slide on this game.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
There was a point when our O Line was getting pushed back and it went on for a while. Well, he mentioned it. I think he just calls what he sees.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Seahawks vs. Packers game will be shown on FOX on Sunday so I expect Buck and Aikman to call it once again.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aikman and Buck might not be the best announcers but IMHO Packer fans express way too much sensitivity with respect to announcers. Generally if you well you get good commentary, if not you don't.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Aikman and Buck might not be the best announcers but IMHO Packer fans express way too much sensitivity with respect to announcers. Generally if you well you get good commentary, if not you don't.

Agreed....A few times in chat when they would say something in favor of the Packer, I would point it out

There is or was a petition to get Joe Buck to stop announce San Fransisco Giant baseball game, because people felt he hated them only because of his dad and the Cards

OP
OP
greenandgold

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Joe Buck doesn't bother me much. After all, his job seems to pretty much just agree with everything Aikman says.

Good boy, here's a biscuit.

Msgelinne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He obviously is biased and hates them. I can't recall any game he's done where he hasn't moaned that the Packers should have been called for an imaginary penalty, and usually multiple times. And all his so called compliments are like he is being forced at gunpoint to say them, and most have a left hand twist.

Well he had some really nice things to say about Rodgers yesterday at the end of the game. Said Rodger's performance was one of the best, if not THE best he has ever seen.

Maybe you need to cut the guy some slack.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aikman has said that MM is one of the best coaches in the league. Clearly he is NOT anti-Packers if he thinks that. Perhaps drinking a bit too much of the Packers hype.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Aikman stuff is overblown.
But Joe Buck sure did sound excited for the Seahawks, didn't he?

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no problem with Buck and Aikman because they know what they're talking about and I can handle someone saying negative stuff about my favorite team when it's deserved. People don't even know why they hate them. It's just fashionable to do so. Everyone thinks Buck is biased against their team. I went on Twitter during the World Series and both Cubs and Indian fans were literally simultaneously complaining how biased he was toward their team. Fans by and large are idiots when it comes to broadcasting teams. I don't know why everyone expects national sports bradcasters to slobber all over their team all the time and if they don't, they hate them. They're doing their job.

Bridcarper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Give me Joe Buck/Troy Aikman or Al Michaels/Chris Collingsworth to announce games all day. There isn't anyone around as good or as entertaining as these guys.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish this whole thing would stop. Buck and Aikman aren't anti-Packer. This whole petition and complaining isn't a good look for our franchise especially when it's not even true.

Bluegrass79

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate Buck and Aikman. I turn the volume down. I'd sign 1,000 petitions to get them off Green Bay games.
I shouldn't have to listen to the super bowl champion Dallas quarterback calling games when it's Green Bay vs Dallas for damn sure. I hope he went home and cried into his cowboy pillow.
Buck isn't a Packer guy imo. He gets a certain excitement when teams do well or score on GB imo. I can't stand him except for when GB scores inwhich I turn the sound up to hear the scoring theme song and I gotta endure his voice for 10 seconds.
Buck is garbage. Aikman is garbage. End of story.

P.s. Buck is extra garbage calling baseball games. I can't escape this guy.

Last edited:

Bluegrass79

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish this whole thing would stop. Buck and Aikman aren't anti-Packer. This whole petition and complaining isn't a good look for our franchise especially when it's not even true.
disagree with this wholeheartedly. Buck and Aikman suck and should never call another Packer game.

Bridcarper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow Bluegrass. Find your assessment astonishing, but I guess we are all entitled to our opinion. I would certainly expect Aikman to be a Cowboy fan given the extraordinary career he had there - but I find him totally fair and impartial when calling the games and the same with Buck.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts